[Tutorial] Animating for Skyrim with custom bones(BBP etc.) in Blender/hkxcmd

en_hawk

I seem to be running into trouble when trying to convert my new walk animation back into an hkx file. I export the kf from blender, and everything seems to be fine, but when I convert the file to an hkx and load up the game the character just floats in the neutral pose. The file size of the hkx is also only 9 kb large, whereas the unedited walk animations tend to be closer to 20kb large, so I'm thinking something isn't working with the converting process, but I'm not sure what.

You're gonna need to post your .blend file at this point, there's too many variables for me to try and figure out what the issue is without seeing it.

Nothing Wrong with your Animation , I'm quite sure 

I managed a conversion , and tried it game , tried / tested and working in game 

Your Animation Proof.7z

Your Animation file.7z

1, You are  Using the the GUI hklx converter ( i have encountered some probs with it as well )

OR  

2. your'e python scripts are misplaced 

OR

3. your may have made a mistake when using hklx.cmd

use the command promt one 

This so awesome , lol 

Just did a clean install from scratch (my character looks like a man wtf ..... am I forgetting ? ), was brushing up on this very post when rigging your skeleton to the unpb body when i came across this post .

this has to be a milestone or landmark , because its so awesome that it can be done now in blender .

Tried tested and boobie animations can be exported in blender 

Cheers to you en_hawk

Here's the file.

attachicon.gif walkforward.rar

Post your exported .kf as well, most common problem comes from exporting it, because blender need to use modified scripts.

1. Have you highlight the skeleton upon exporting ?   

2. Check on the command window after exporting, what it tells you ? 

3. Open your exported .kf file with nifskope, click any NiTransformData from any NiTransformInterpolator, in block detail you'll have a line < Rotation Type | KeyType | "QUADRATIC_KEY">. If you get "LINEAR_KEY" instead, then guess you still using default export_nif.py. One of lines from modified export_nif.py script is to switch that into "QUADRATIC_KEY". Animated object will not work properly tho, but that's just me, backup the original first, just in case.

I came to the same conclusion as these guys; load the file, delete the bodymesh, select the skeleton, export with default settings. Goes though hkxcmd just fine and comes out to 20kb, works fine in game.

There are a few things I did notice unrelated to it exporting properly however; your anim length settings in the text editor don't match the length of the animation specified in the timeline+keyframes, and the breast and butt bones you've added keyframes to are missing their 'priority:0' constraints(notice how they're blue in the 3d view), the latter can be fixed by using the instructions for the camera bone provided on the last page.

Here is the exported kf- maybe it will shed some light on what exactly I'm doing wrong here. If everyone else's is working fine, then it sounds like my scripts might be in the wrong place. Are we talking about the new export/import scripts en_hawk provided in his original thread on the topic?

testwalk5.rar

Here is the exported kf- maybe it will shed some light on what exactly I'm doing wrong here. If everyone else's is working fine, then it sounds like my scripts might be in the wrong place. Are we talking about the new export/import scripts en_hawk provided in his original thread on the topic?

attachicon.giftestwalk5.rar

That's the problem exactly; I looked at the file and it appears your scripts aren't working properly(you need the ones provided in the OP). Your transformation keys are of the wrong type(linear) like anubis explained above me.

I'd have to say it is something in the way you are setting up your IK rig, I've never worked with IK before so I'm not really sure what to tell you. Alternatively you could import and configure your own skeleton; if whatever skeleton you're working with in game doesn't make use of those bones(like mine does) then you don't really need them in blender in order to match the morph.

Alright, so i was pretty sure I copied and pasted the scripts to the right place the first time, but I went ahead and did it again anyways. I took the scripts provided in the first post (the ones from the "fixed" folder) and copied and pasted them into the correct directory, but the kf file still reads linear_key rather than quadratic.

I posted them into the "BlenderFoundation\Blender\.blender\scripts\export" folder, so I have no idea why this isn't working now. Is there another place they're supposed to go? I'm using Windows 7 if that makes any difference. 

Here's a screenshot, in case I managed to screw this up too lol-

post-89575-0-77044700-1380848245_thumb.jpg

Alright, so i was pretty sure I copied and pasted the scripts to the right place the first time, but I went ahead and did it again anyways. I took the scripts provided in the first post (the ones from the "fixed" folder) and copied and pasted them into the correct directory, but the kf file still reads linear_key rather than quadratic.

I posted them into the "BlenderFoundation\Blender\.blender\scripts\export" folder, so I have no idea why this isn't working now. Is there another place they're supposed to go? I'm using Windows 7 if that makes any difference. 

Here's a screenshot, in case I managed to screw this up too lol-

attachicon.giffiles.jpg

Generally that folder is not correct; there shouldn't have even been any scripts in there(nor that 'scripts' folder in its entirety) assuming you installed the latest official nif scripts using the default settings.

Next we have to install the modified nif scripts so blender can handle the new kf files. Go to '%appdata%\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts', in the 'fixed' folder in the archive with the scripts there are two '.py' files, overwrite the corresponding files in the 'import' and 'export' folders in your blender script folder with the ones included in the zip.

Here is my configuration:

post-104716-0-87017600-1380866620_thumb.jpg

@gooboo

en_hawk was right, there should be more folders in "scripts".

post-34262-0-65566800-1380894184_thumb.png

use search to locate blender scripts. Or reinstall blender and all the nessesary tools, following installation instruction from

credits to LHammond.

-Python 2.6.6

-PyFFI 2.1.10

-Blender 2.49b

-Blender Nif Scripts 2.5.8

@en_hawk

I seems to have a problem on importing xp32 modified skeletons you posted, read your post several times and still cant figure out what is the problem. I do already have that up00943 (modified scripts) from animation tutorial in asian website. And i modify ning's skeleton of female so it can be imported into blender and it works so far, but xp32 max skeleton always failed on me. 

"Attribute error : type object "NifFormat" has no attribute 'CStreamableAssetsData'

I'm not sure what to tell you regarding the importing not working, I've never encountered an error like that before. You are attempting to import 'skeleton_female-fixed hands.nif', correct?

I've tried all 4.

May i know your current blender, PyFFI, Python, nif script version ? My version was in earlier post  

I'm stil comparing Xp32 max and nings skeleton which i hoping to find what makes xp32 skel didnt go well on my end.  

Alright here are my versions:

Blender 2.49b

Python 2.6.5

PyFFI 2.1.11

Blender Nif Scripts 2.5.9

Darn !, turn out PyFFI and Blender nif script is the problem. Just updating them and i can import your modified XP32 skeleton without any error no more.  

Much appreciated for the big help en_hawk :D .  

anyway perhaps you should listed in front page these required version.  

Foot is Slipping , this thing in not happening in the regular Skeleton without the Scaling bones , I'm using the import skeleton when trying to make the IK bones 

Cheers

Guess you were right, trying to get ik working with both legs but i keep getting this stretched foot/calf. This "scale" between bones is for morphing right, is it really neccesary ? perhaps someone can link me a mod that use this scale things, just curious.        

Yeah they're for morphing(specifically translation) in game, and they are present in the skeleton used in blender for setting up that same morph without translation being applied to the regular bones, and getting baked into your animation. If you aren't using a morph that takes advantage of them, you can just delete them from the armature.

• 2 months later...
Guest kimbale

I know this thread is about using blender to animate, but i've ran into some problems setting up my 3dsmax to animate: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24605-no-links-to-feet-in-xpms-how-to-set-ik/

Then i found the custom skeletons here, nicely linked and set up. :D Now i want to ask if anyone has tried them in 3dsmax.

Or if it would make any difference using them in 3dsmax (i suspect not, but this is skyrim modding in the end...)

Archived