SexoutNG - 2.6.81 - 11-Oct-2013

When i was testing new animations out, i noticed something weird too, 1 npc will start at frame 1 while the second npc will sometime play a totally different frame and actually skip a few and this seem to be the cause of out of sync issue that seem to happen.

If both actually start at frame 1 then sync is ok. but if 1 start at frame 1 while the second continues to from frame 10 or greater it will look really weird.

When i was testing new animations out, i noticed something weird too, 1 npc will start at frame 1 while the second npc will sometime play a totally different frame and actually skip a few and this seem to be the cause of out of sync issue that seem to happen.

If both actually start at frame 1 then sync is ok. but if 1 start at frame 1 while the second continues to from frame 10 or greater it will look really weird.

As I explained in another thread, I have no control over that unfortunately. Not at all. I can't tell an animation to start or stop at a certain frame, to start at a precise time, or determine which frame an animation is currently on if it's playing. I may be able to solve some of this with NX, honestly H haven't looked -- I didn't realize it was such a 'big' problem, as I haven't seen any egregious sync errors.

Ignoring how complex sexout actually is, at 'go time', it comes down to this (basically):

if actorA
  actorA.pickidle
endif
if actorB
  actorB.pickidle
endif
if actorC
  actorC.pickidle
endif
Any amount of time can pass between every one of those lines. There is simply no control over it. Further, any amount of time can pass between saying 'pickidle' and the engine actually getting around to doing it.

As I explained in another thread, I have no control over that unfortunately. Not at all. I can't tell an animation to start or stop at a certain frame, to start at a precise time, or determine which frame an animation is currently on if it's playing. I may be able to solve some of this with NX, honestly H haven't looked -- I didn't realize it was such a 'big' problem, as I haven't seen any egregious sync errors.

Ignoring how complex sexout actually is, at 'go time', it comes down to this (basically):

if actorA
  actorA.pickidle
endif
if actorB
  actorB.pickidle
endif
if actorC
  actorC.pickidle
endif
Any amount of time can pass between every one of those lines. There is simply no control over it. Further, any amount of time can pass between saying 'pickidle' and the engine actually getting around to doing it.

I have no idea how to fix this, since sexout itself will refuse to allow both to start at frame 1.

1/start

1/startloop

464/endloop

464/end

i notice that somehow sexout will get confused when 2 animations are combined in one actually play the first npc correctly and the second npc start at the first frame from the second animation who was combined into this one. That is how the out of sync occurs if i just make one animation big without combining a second one the animation plays fine.

newvegas601Big.7z

I have no idea how to fix this, since sexout itself will refuse to allow both to start at frame 1.

You *can't* fix it, and stop saying it's sexout! ;) It's the game engine (gamebryo -- fallout new vegas) that is "refusing", or rather, just starting them wherever it feels like. :D

If it was sexout, I could fix it myself.

Having an issue with the Geck. Ever since upgrading to 2.6.77, the Geck now hangs on close when I have Sexout.esm loaded. I just created a brand new plugin with this version and only wrote a few simple sex scripts using the latest calling conventions with no other master file associations other than Sexout.esm and it still hung. I have to then force it to close via Windows task manager. I have only one Sexout related mod currently activated with the exception of the core file, SCR, Pregnancy, Legion, Slavery, and Sexout Store. I just have a hard time believing that if this is common issue no one would have said anything by now. Any ideas?

Having an issue with the Geck. Ever since upgrading to 2.6.77, the Geck now hangs on close when I have Sexout.esm loaded. I just created a brand new plugin with this version and only wrote a few simple sex scripts using the latest calling conventions with no other master file associations other than Sexout.esm and it still hung. I have to then force it to close via Windows task manager. I have only one Sexout related mod currently activated with the exception of the core file, SCR, Pregnancy, Legion, Slavery, and Sexout Store. I just have a hard time believing that if this is common issue no one would have said anything by now. Any ideas?

Just checking here but are you sure you have 2.6.77? If you just upgraded that makes me think you have the 2.6.78 beta, in which case you should be posting this issue in the beta thread. You should also doublecheck that you have the core and data files from the same version and didn't accidentally swap them. So either way I'd suggest reinstalling NG and doublecheck your version. 

Thank you for the splendid work on this. :)

Question: Is there a way to twiddle with actors positions with keys as in Oblivion (Up, down, together, away, etc)?

I had a look around and could not spot notes regarding this but I just wanted to make sure I was not being dense.

Thank you for the splendid work on this. :)

Question: Is there a way to twiddle with actors positions with keys as in Oblivion (Up, down, together, away, etc)?

I had a look around and could not spot notes regarding this but I just wanted to make sure I was not being dense.

As of now, no such option exists. However, unless you go sexing in the mountains, the default positions are rather "reliable" by default, given you are on even ground. 

That's one of those things that sexout itself does have support for, but no mods are using right now. Maybe it's too cumbersome to use, or maybe nobody has bothered since it's a relatively new feature compared to most of the mods. I will probably add an option in MCM that will tell the system to randomly switch positions during acts that started with a random position eventually.

Thanks for your work, I know this is very time consuming.  I'm very thankful that you must love what you are doing, and so much more thankful that you love to share your expertise.

Quoted for truth. Latest release works like a charm for me, btw. Thanks again! :D

typo in file name... listed as 2.7.78 for Core.

Also since SSR is built into Core... some mods has support for both SCR and SSR, so you need to select which version to Load.  Do I still need SCR?  Or is there a reason to use the SCR version vs the SSR version?

typo in file name... listed as 2.7.78 for Core.

Also since SSR is built into Core... some mods has support for both SCR and SSR, so you need to select which version to Load.  Do I still need SCR?  Or is there a reason to use the SCR version vs the SSR version?

Hah oops, will fix the filename.

SSR is only required right now for the mods modified to use it. As far as I know that is only the updated tryouts in the SexoutNG beta thread, and the SSR version of Willow. You should be able to use both SSR & SCR, either, or neither. It just depends on which sexout mods you're using.

DATA fomod bumped to .79, now includes the SSR BSA that is/was in the SexoutNG SSR Beta download (which is going away shortly). This BSA has all the assets from the SCR data pack, so if you are not using mods that require SCR (currently that is only the Sewerslave beta, tryouts beta, and Willow beta), you no longer need to install the scr data files.