The Future of SexLab Framework - Discussion

In the interest of keeping a list of what the current plans are for new features of the framework itself, I'll list current plans and target releases here.

Whether you're a user with an idea for an addition to the framework, or a modder who has a suggestion for a new function to add that would make their own job easier, feel free to discuss it here and I will investigate it.

Keep in mind this is for the framework itself, the framework is NOT intended to start sex for anybody, it's meant to enable OTHER mods to do it easily, so suggestions like "Make it so you can pimp out your companion" do not belong here, but they are welcome in the mod ideas thread, http://www.loverslab.com/topic/17364-mod-ideas-plans-discussion/

---- Current Plans & Milestones ------------------------------

Planned for version 1.1:

• Optional pre-sex foreplay scene
  • Allow other mods to add their own stats to the Sex Diary/Journal page of the main MCM menu
  • Kissing soundset for foreplay animations
  • Return of mouth movement for moans
  • API functions for custom stage timers per individual startsex() call
  • API functions for custom stage timers hard coded into an animation sequence
  • API functions for controlling damn near every aspect of a running animation thread not yet covered
  • Translation text file for MCM to provide easier translation to other languages

Planned for version 1.2:

• Possibly integrate a lust/arousal system
  • Better flesh out the potential for non-sexual related animation sequences

Planned for whenever I can manage it:

• Remove use of PlayIdle in favor of SendAnimationEvent - In order to help reduce script and property usage for stability & performance
  • Option to disable actors warping to each other to start a scene, make them at least walk/run to one or the other before starting
  • Allow setting preferred voice for individual actors
  • Additional male voice sets

Planned for always:

• More animations
  • More voices
  • More bug fixes
  • More API functions

for foreplay pre-sex would be nice to see some undressing animations, the idea is: armor pieces unequip like does now just dissapear, but beneath appears underwear and triggers the undressing animation, i think this could be a challenge for animators, because we need a custom clothing mod working with SL, don't know if this is posible but ideas are ideas and i like to make castles in the clouds :P

• Translation text file for MCM to provide easier translation to other languages

Thanks for working on it ;)

I think a good improvement could be to enable open mouth during oral animations. For now if I equip Zaz ring gag during those animations it works well,  maybe there is a way to use this system in the framework?

Planned for version 1.2:

I hope its not part of basic SexLab framework, but an add-on. I wish SexLab.esm would be ".esm that starts and plays animations". And just that.

Nothing wrong if there's an .esp (or .esm) that does lust/arousal or pregnancy or 'when moon is shining I change into sex hungry machine' ... another esp/esm.

Planned for whenever I can manage it:

• Remove use of PlayIdle in favor of SendAnimationEvent - In order to help reduce script and property usage for stability & performance
  • Option to disable actors warping to each other to start a scene, make them at least walk/run to one or the other before starting

Using SendAnimationEvent would be nice. Its works. You don't need to register references, could even use some sort of INI to read anim event names. But sometimes it bugs out. If actors are in standing idle mode its OK (never seen a problem). But if one of actors was for example sleeping on bed it would sometimes become weird. Sleeping actor would not play sex idle, but start to twist and churn and morph ... its was like some creepy horror movie :P

"disable actor worping": why? I mean, why your .esm. Content mod can do that. Like: client asks hooker 'how much'. Client and hooker walk to bed. When near bed they start sex. No need for sexlab.esm to 'walk them' as they are already there. Content mod does talk/walk/run, sexlab.esm does sex animations.

Wishes:

- If its not already done, it would be nice if you add extra flag/faction/whatever that says: im busy now. Don't have sex yet, will have soon, but do not bother me with extra sex requests (like  when a hooker and client walk to bed). Maybe have SexLabAnimatingFaction have multiple ranks : 0 - busy/do-not-disturb, 1 - preparing for sex, 2 - have sex, 3 - finishing? Or something in that direction.

- debug flag that aborts all that sexlab.esm does if Player is not in the same cell. Skyrim can get wierd if Player is not around. CTD and stuff. Maybe its OK for others, but for my Skyrim its 50/50 I get CTD if Player is not around (in the same cell). Code: "If actor.getParentCell() != PlayerRef.getParentCell()" fixes all problems (well atleast this type of problems).

Edit:

- faction SexLabImmunity: member of this faction neverever has or will have sex. Just not. SexLab.esm will not use this actor for whatever activity and will abort if actor become member of this faction even in the middle of sex.

- faction SexLabMember: sexlab.esm doesn't have to do anything with this faction, but some other mod can use it. Ranks could be between 1 and 100 (like a precent). Indicator/probability if/how often mod should use this actor for whatever sexlab.esm does.

Why not add a sex toy resource for modders to call rather than requiring users to  download and install a variety of toys.  This is what FO3 New Vegas framework did and it works well (mostly)

advantages: 1. no extra downloads for users, 2. modders don't need to make or get permission to use another modders work (downside, SexLab owner would indeed need to request permission) 3. different mods' toy sets will not override each other.  probably more toys could be employed too.

Downside: probably would require a much larger BSA

Some possible additions would be Calyps Adult Toys kit on Nexus, which includes the Queen's Seat, two styles of strapons, a large variety of butt plugs - including "pony tail" types, etc. Also consider S3's whips, canes and bindings from here on LL.  There are probably a lot more too.

And if that is not enough work! lol:

Include a MCM SexLab menu sub-item for users to turn on/off certain types of toys (yeah some people are no fun) duh, already in there.

Congrats on earning an SL forum!

Word of advice(although I dont know if its too late): Dont put your animations framework under lock and key and make it hard for would-be animators to contribute. A more open system is better ala Oblivion. It also makes testing animation much easier. Sure you end up with the risk of having alot of junk down the line but it can be easily rectified with users creating compendiums like the Deadra Sutra for Oblivion.

Word of advice(although I dont know if its too late): Dont put your animations framework under lock and key and make it hard for would-be animators to contribute. A more open system is better ala Oblivion. It also makes testing animation much easier. Sure you end up with the risk of having alot of junk down the line but it can be easily rectified with users creating compendiums like the Deadra Sutra for Oblivion.

There's plenty of functions for anybody to add animations and sounds of their own at will. I haven't written a guide for how to do it yet, but anybody looking at the current animation scripts should be able to figure it out. And there's a repository available for anybody submit them to be included directly in the framework. So nothing is under lock and key.

Planned for version 1.2:

I hope its not part of basic SexLab framework, but an add-on. I wish SexLab.esm would be ".esm that starts and plays animations". And just that.

Nothing wrong if there's an .esp (or .esm) that does lust/arousal or pregnancy or 'when moon is shining I change into sex hungry machine' ... another esp/esm.

I'm going to disagree with you on that one. But I will agree on what I think you're getting at. Being that SexLab it's self shouldn't be a mod like that. But I would like to see the basic controls in place for other mods to hook into, so at the very least we're all working off the same basic stats. Also your other points would be nice to see in this mod, along with a basic toy catalog as said by someone else.

I would like to add a suggestion for an attachment controller.

Possibly integrate a lust/arousal system

Better flesh out the potential for non-sexual related animation sequences

Allow setting preferred voice for individual actors

Additional male voice sets

These are the four items I would love to see, possibly with the amendment of randomly assigning NPC's default voices to use rather than everyone starting with the same default. For an easy method to do this just use one digit of the NPC's hex ID and assign it based on that, so NPC's who's ID ends with a 3 for example use one voice, NPC's who's ID ends with an A use another, these could either be fixed from the start (so 0,1 use Voice 1 - 2, 3 uses Voice 2 etc.) or randomised using the SexLab start event (add the voices to a 16 length array, have SexLab shuffle the array when it initialises then choose the voice in that array at the position dictated by the characters last hex ID). This is how I do the random sexual preferences etc. in SexLab Romance

I got CTD nearly 80% when the sex start. I use PCEA and thought it was the course, but turns out I still got CTD even when I remove the PCEA and now I don't know what to do. Have you guys been using this mod without CTD at all? Are there any specific mods I should avoid??

I got CTD nearly 80% when the sex start. I use PCEA and thought it was the course, but turns out I still got CTD even when I remove the PCEA and now I don't know what to do. Have you guys been using this mod without CTD at all? Are there any specific mods I should avoid??

Not trying to be rude but i don't think this is the right thread to post such thing.

Try asking here: http://www.loverslab.com/forum/50-technical-support-sexlab-framework/ (If i'm not mistaken too)

P.S: I don't get any CTDs at all. I'm using SexLab and SexRomance

Event OnHit(ObjectReference akAggressor, Form akSource, Projectile akProjectile, bool abPowerAttack, bool abSneakAttack, bool abBashAttack, bool abHitBlocked)

Actor player = Game.getPlayer()
	if (player.GetActorValuePercentage("health") <= 0.2 && abHitBlocked == false)

actor[] MoresexActors = new actor[2]
		MoresexActors[0] = player
		MoresexActors[1] = akAggressor as Actor
		sslBaseAnimation[] Moreanims 
		 RegisterForModEvent("AnimationStart", "RapistMessageBox")
		;RegisterForModEvent("AnimationEnd", "Fight")
		SexLab.StartSex(MoresexActors, Moreanims, MoresexActors[0])

EndIf
EndEvent

Event Fight(string eventName, string argString, float argNum, form sender)
	; Does Nothing
	;Utility.Wait(12.0)
	;actor[] actorList = SexLab.HookActors(argString)
	;actorList[1].StartCombat(actorList[0])
	;Debug.MessageBox(actorList[1].GetName())
endEvent

Event RapistMessageBox(string eventName, string argString, float argNum, form sender)

int random = Utility.RandomInt(1, 4)
	If (random == 1)
		Debug.MessageBox("Your opponent has managed to heavily daze you, while you were dazed they aggressively started ripping your clothes off")
		Debug.MessageBox("Still slightly dazed you begin to pull yourself together.... Knowing you still aren't fit for fighting you bid your time....")
	elseif (random == 2)
		Debug.MessageBox("...What a dream...")
	elseif (random == 3)
		Debug.MessageBox("With blood trinkling down your head you suddenly regain consciousness, not knowing what happened....")
	elseif (random == 4)
		Debug.MessageBox("Legs are wobbly after the fight, unable to fight back, you vow revenge...")
	EndIf
endEvent

SexLabFramework Property SexLab  Auto  

@Ashal

There is a problem with the AI it seems on the Simple Rapist mod I posted the AI sometimes doesn't attack back, I done nothing to change the behavior of the AI..(besides changing the aggression to 2 but they still don't attack sometimes)

@Ashal

There is a problem with the AI it seems on the Simple Rapist mod I posted the AI sometimes doesn't attack back, I done nothing to change the behavior of the AI..(besides changing the aggression to 2 but they still don't attack sometimes)

Packages and stuff aren't removed until after AnimationEnd is sent, try opening sslBaseThread.psc and goto line 578

SexLab._SendEventHook("AnimationEnd",tid,hook)

And move it down to line 660, making it 

SexLab._EndThread(tid, player)

Compile it and try again. This way AnimationEnd is sent after it's done cleaning up ai packages. If that works for you I'll change it in a future release.

But more importantly, your misusing hooks there. You are hooking onto the global events rather than local ones to your need. Meaning anytime anybody has sex outside of your mod, they'll trigger Fight() and RapistMessage() regardless.

Read "Hooking A Custom One-off Event" at http://git.loverslab.com/sexlab/wikis/guide-hooks

Planned for version 1.2:

I'm going to disagree with you on that one. But I will agree on what I think you're getting at. Being that SexLab it's self shouldn't be a mod like that. But I would like to see the basic controls in place for other mods to hook into, so at the very least we're all working off the same basic stats. Also your other points would be nice to see in this mod, along with a basic toy catalog as said by someone else.

I would like to add a suggestion for an attachment controller.

It wouldn't do anything with the stat like messaging the player or starting sex, it would just track it, letting other mods hook into it to do stuff. So with no mod making use of the system in SexLab you wouldn't even know the lust system is there.

I'd want it to be able to track npc's as well though, which I'm not a fan of integrating into the framework itself, so may be better left to a separate resource mod in that case.

i cant test this out right now but is this right?

RegisterForModEvent("AnimationStart_Raped", "RapistMessageBox")
		SexLab.StartSex(MoresexActors, Moreanims, MoresexActors[0], hook=Raped)

i cant test this out right now but is this right?

RegisterForModEvent("AnimationStart_Raped", "RapistMessageBox")

Yes. Though that would result in a compile error.

should be

SexLab.StartSex(MoresexActors, Moreanims, MoresexActors[0], hook="Raped")

And you would need to do it for your animationend as well if you uncomment that to test the combat start stuff again.

Also it would be best to do something more unique to your mod than simply "Raped" to avoid potential conflicts with other mods who decide to do a simple hook name like that.

Regardless though, this is outside the scope of this thread, so in the interest of keeping this thread on topic; private message me or post in tech support if you need help with SexLab integration, rather than posting it in this thread.

Any thoughts about splitting the framework into different components instead of one ESM?

Perhaps something like this as an example...

- SexLab Animation Framework (i.e. the current framework of sex animations)

- SexLab BDSM Framework (slavery, punishment etc. a combination of ZaZ Animation Pack perhaps xaz Prison Overhaul etc.)

- SexLab Skills and Perks Framework

- SexLab Arousal and Clothing Evaluation Framework

etc.

Wouldn't that work against people trying to keep their mod count manageable with the game engine? As a single ESM its essentially one mod that the rest can pull from instead of making the modders pull from multiple mods as well as limit the overall mod usage of the gamers. I'm not a modder but seem to recall most of Bethseda's games have a limit of mods capable of being read by the engine. At least where the Fallout and Elder Scrolls series were concerned.

Any thoughts about splitting the framework into different components instead of one ESM?

- SexLab BDSM Framework (slavery, punishment etc. a combination of ZaZ Animation Pack perhaps xaz Prison Overhaul etc.)

etc.

I don't like the idea of making other mods say "Requires SexLab Animation Framework & SexLab Arousal and Clothing Evaluation Framework" instead of simply saying "Requires SexLab Framework" as I dislike having many dependencies myself, and it just serves to complicate things for little benefit.

I have thought about separating the animations/sounds into a seperate SexLabData.esp file though, just for the sake of being able to separate scripts and resources into separate files. Same thing though, the benefits are big enough to warrant such a change.

etc.

I don't like the idea of making other mods say "Requires SexLab Animation Framework & SexLab Arousal and Clothing Evaluation Framework" instead of simply saying "Requires SexLab Framework" as I dislike having many dependencies myself, and it just serves to complicate things for little benefit.

I have thought about separating the animations/sounds into a seperate SexLabData.esp file though, just for the sake of being able to separate scripts and resources into separate files. Same thing though, the benefits are big enough to warrant such a change.

This is one of the reasons as to why I don't bother with Fallout. I tried installing sexout, but honestly I got lost there and dunno where to start with. Also I think this way it helps with keeping all parts updated and avoid one plugin get outdated.

etc.

The reason why I suggested dividing the framework into separate modules was because it could allow other people to develop different parts of the framework in parallel, not because I wanted multiple ESMs. If you're planning to add all that into the framework by yourself that's fine with me, but that's a massive amount of work, some of which has already been done in other mods. I thought it would be a good idea to combine all those mods under the framework.

A simple addition to the Framework that comes to mind that would be of benefit to some of the recent mods (my own and Soldier321's) would be adding a few extra "trackables" in the section that tracks purity and amount of sex acts and such would be tracking the amount of times "have raped others" vs "have been raped by others", or something to that effect.

[Edit] Oh duh, I just realized now that I actually started *playing* the game for a change instead of tinkering with mods, that this already exists with the # times Victim and # times Aggressive. :blush:

@Ashal

Packages and stuff aren't removed until after AnimationEnd is sent, try opening sslBaseThread.psc and goto line 578

And move it down to line 660, making it 

SexLab._EndThread(tid, player)

Compile it and try again. This way AnimationEnd is sent after it's done cleaning up ai packages. If that works for you I'll change it in a future release.

I would also like that. Or a new hook event, dunno "AnimationFinished".

Request. It would be nice if there is function:

Actor[] function HookActorsEx(string argString, int option)

Get array of actors. Like HookActors, but with options:

- 0: all

- 1: all, but without victim

- 2: only victim(s)