Old SexLab Submit - (Merge into the current Submit thread?)

@vixen123

The shout ability this mod adds is not a shout per se: it uses the shouting animations and effects, but you do not need to unlock the shouting ability in the main quest in order to be able to use it. You do not need to enable it via console either. Just set up an unused key as your hotkey in the Mod Configuration Menu and you're good to go, even before you escape Helgen.

@vixen123

The shout ability this mod adds is not a shout per se: it uses the shouting animations and effects, but you do not need to unlock the shouting ability in the main quest in order to be able to use it. You do not need to enable it via console either. Just set up an unused key as your hotkey in the Mod Configuration Menu and you're good to go, even before you escape Helgen.

Pretty much this.

When I first implimented this, I was afraid that you would have to "learn" the spell in order for the Shout to work, which meant I would then have to auto add the spell to your spell book like SexLab Matchmaker does for the demo spells, and I *really* didn't want to have those kind of things cluttering up my spellbook.

So I was quite pleased to find out that if you simply make a custom spell and have a script Game.PlayerRef.Cast(CUSTOMSPELL) or whatever the actual syntax was, it will do it even if you don't technically know it.

So yep, just assign it to an unused key and go RAWR! at some naughty bandit! :)

Edit: I added this in the 'Submit Shout' description on the first page in case any others are confused in the future:

• Despite the 'Submit Shout' functioning like other shouts, you do not need to truly learn it like the other shouts. What this means is 1) You don't have to unlock the Shouts through the main quest and can do it as early as Helgen, and 2) You won't have some oddball spell or two cluttering up your spellbook.

You probably saw that yourself, but take a look at this.

- NPCs yield - when they yield. No need for shouts, hotkeys, other artificial crutches. And if they yield not, they yield... not.

One may add a drop down effect for the current weapon, may push an AI package to cower in place...

Uh, if I read that thread correctly, that's exactly how I was doing it until about a week ago?

And the problem with that method was two-fold:

1) I relied on editing ~20 default Skyrim DialogGeneric entries, which I preferred not to have to do.

2) Flee/Bleedout required the victim to be down very low, and more often than not, I was doing an instant kill move, and having to resort to shield bashing them to get them low enough but yet not auto-killing them.

I prefer my method and am quite happy with it, and I am doing this primarily for myself and am just sharing with any that are interested.  If anyone wants to make an alternate version, more power to them.

More mods = more options = better for all.

Now, I have not taken a look at it, but from the description it was supposed to work in such a way that once the NPC says "I yield" - it does. No need to speak to them, they would be immediately removed from the target list of both player and followers (as per the calm spell) and could then be talked to like those your shout hit successfully.

- I really like this conduct, as it

• does not introduce additional clutter in employ of unwieldy workarounds;
  • introduces contextual sense into the vanilla game: People do as they say;
  • distributes workload from the VM into the hard code: NPCs ineligible for surrender talk surrender not.

Of course you have made it just as clear what you like about your approach, but I have to ask: You need not to hand-craft a compatibility patch for your game yet!? I am only at 51 plugins, DLCs included, and my compatibility patch already contains 46 non-cell entries and... a whole lot of those. Adding some for one more mod is no bother at all - whereas the introduction of redundant entities into the game is a real concern due to the rather weak platform (one core is completely busy with the audio thread alone).

... All that aside, to shout people to the ground just like that, without even such pitiful prerequisites as magical words and dragon souls, has a rather inane touch to it - rather cartoonish, one might say; but mixing deadly combat, rape and tomfoolery I find not appropriate.

... All that aside, to shout people to the ground just like that, without even such pitiful prerequisites as magical words and dragon souls, has a rather inane touch to it - rather cartoonish, one might say; but mixing deadly combat, rape and tomfoolery I find not appropriate.

Fair enough.

Then I recommend you going with that one.

Hè, it lacks the second stage.

... Yes, obviously, I cannot and do not attempt to tell you what to do. Just felt the need to present those arguments for you to synthesise into your design concept - be they rejected, be they accepted, be they disassembled for useful parts. No hard feelings.

`Gaaaaah, updated SkyUI today, and Im back to having to reset my shout key every time I load. At least the shout still works but its annoying and I wonder what happened.

Hrm, odd.  Not sure why that would happen, but I haven't updated my own SkyUI in about a month.

But then, I am not sure why it isn't already initialized from the get go.  As near as I can tell, the default hotkey is set to Numpad 7 in the config setup script, and it should be ready to rock and roll from the get go (Unless you want to change it to whatever you like), but even I have to reset it manually the first time until I save and continue on from that point.

That is probably going to be the next thing I look at, because it is a bloody annoying nuisance that has been irking me.

can we get an option of having the follower support from the first dialogue initiated, pretty pls?

Both follower support and the option to strip/rob them was something added after the original concept (A basic combat rape option against a hostile NPC) was working, so I never really planned on doing either of them until after you had done your business with the victim.

But I suppose it is something I could consider.

that would be nice, cause if you plan on doing a straight orientation character and you make a same gender npc submit there's nothing to do besides maybe having your opposite gender follower handle it, so that's why i think it has a reason to be added.

`Gaaaaah, updated SkyUI today, and Im back to having to reset my shout key every time I load. At least the shout still works but its annoying and I wonder what happened.

Okay, well, I updated my SkyUI to 4.0 today, and even went so far as deleting all of my MCM-based mods (SexLab, Dual Wield Block, TDoD, etc) and reinstalling them, which means I had to naturally reset SexLab Submit's hotkey the first time, but I was able to save, reload from that save, and the hotkey worked just fine, so I don't know what your problem is being caused by.

That said, it shouldn't require that first 'reset' when it should already be initialized to Numpad7, so I am working on figuring out the problem so I can correct it.

So what's next on the idea list?

What about taking a crack at the player defeated = player raped idea. There are already 2 mods here that do it, but they both share the same problem, rape pretty much equals death. The time it takes for animations to stop and players to regain control of a character, NPC's are hitting you. There needs to be some kind of calming effect where NPC's won't attack you for a time so you can regroup otherwise its really the same as death.

I had an idea for a defeat option, if i had any skill with CK i'd give it a shot but we don't get along. My idea was a player gets beat by NPC, a calming effect ensues but the NPC gets some kind of buff vs the player that makes them harder to kill and they are also added to the friendly player factions and will no longer attack the player as they have kind of already beaten the player down and raped him/her.

Then what would happen is the NPC that defeated the player would randomly shop up in other locations and rape the player. This would be with some dialogue of course, probably an option to resist the bandit or whatever it was, but with the buff there is a greater chance they would beat the player, and then they could even take the player back to their camp where gang rape would ensue until the player had been thoroughly used. And the more times it happened, the harder it would be to beat them.

I have no idea how much of that is even possible, and maybe someday i'd like to actually sit down and figure out how to do it, but...again...me and CK have different religious beliefs

Next on the idea list will probably be a minor update, taking the suggestion to make the follower/rob option available from the first dialog prompt.  Probably have that up over the weekend.  No promises, but we'll see.

As for the rest?

My biggest problem with the "player defeated" scenario is that, in my mind, (without building an entire elaborate enslavement system where you then have to try to regain your freedom from slavers or something) the ultimate outcome is simply the player's death, so the whole thing really just becomes an alternate death scene that involves schlongs instead of swords.

So with that said, eh, I haven't really seriously entertained the "Player Defeated" angle very much, because it doesn't personally interest me and there just seems to be so much more issues with that aspect than with the player manhandling an NPC, as both of those mods apparently are showing with the issues they are having (I haven't personally used those mods, so I don't speak from any actual experience, only what I have seen the few times I glance in their threads)

Additionally, there is the fact that there are already two mods that attempt to tackle that, and I am not sure what I can offer that they don't already, or at least are working towards.

So I'm not opposed to the idea philosophically or anything, I just am not sure, assuming I could even come up with a way to implement it without its own host of bugs and problems, what I could offer that isn't just trying to reinvent the wheel.

Okay, well, I updated my SkyUI to 4.0 today, and even went so far as deleting all of my MCM-based mods (SexLab, Dual Wield Block, TDoD, etc) and reinstalling them, which means I had to naturally reset SexLab Submit's hotkey the first time, but I was able to save, reload from that save, and the hotkey worked just fine, so I don't know what your problem is being caused by.

That said, it shouldn't require that first 'reset' when it should already be initialized to Numpad7, so I am working on figuring out the problem so I can correct it.

Lets just say my update of SkyUI was less than clean and that is probably what caused it.

Lets just say my update of SkyUI was less than clean and that is probably what caused it.

I can sympathize.  I confused the SkyUI version and the MCM, and when I upgraded from 3.4 SkyUI to 4.0, I saw the 3.0 MCM on the screen, got confused...

...let's just say it went downhill from there.

But I eventually got it straightened out and yeah, the hotkey just needed to be reconfigured the once after, and then was remembered from that point on.

With that said, Ashal suggested some things for me to look at on that subject, so hopefully, when I get home after work I can look at it and resolve that nuisance.

awesome thanks for the update also can u make the shout to not activate when u r in menu or console and typing words i changed the hotkey to B and when i press B while in console or menu it activates upon closing the menu or console and aggro everyone if they are hit by it.

I've had that happen once or twice myself, so I know what you are talking about, just not exactly how to stop it.  I suppose there is some mechanism to know when you are in a menu or something, I just don't know what it is.