[D_ManXX2] Animations SexoutNG Showcase

D_ManXX2

The blender export issues (and, lets be honest, blender itself) are the main reasons I don't animate myself. I worked on the half-abandoned MAX plugin for a little while, but didn't get anywhere. It's probably been updated since I last looked at it though, and might be working properly now, because I believe some people started working on it again to do skyrim animations in MAX.

If you haven't already, give it a look. MAX itself is so much nicer to use than blender that I may end up just paying someone to get the netimmerse export stuff done, if it's not already.

The blender export issues (and, lets be honest, blender itself) are the main reasons I don't animate myself. I worked on the half-abandoned MAX plugin for a little while, but didn't get anywhere. It's probably been updated since I last looked at it though, and might be working properly now, because I believe some people started working on it again to do skyrim animations in MAX.

If you haven't already, give it a look. MAX itself is so much nicer to use than blender that I may end up just paying someone to get the netimmerse export stuff done, if it's not already.

I only wish 3dmax even worked on my pc I tried 2010, 2011 and 2012 none worked right. I am not sure but my pc and something about that program was majorly conflicting. i made some really great animation with 3dmax but the exporter was always exporting 1kb file. i tried everything eventually i just got pissed and uninstalled it and never looked back. At least blender actually exported something i made not always with the same result but still exporting. I have now invested too much time in blender to just use 3dmax now.

Here is slower DoggyStyle previous was indeed too fast. i just made slight variant from the other one and made the hand move forward and back so it like it is grabbing the female to move forward and back. Real thing it seem if one of the animation start too fast the animation will look messed up, that is way they usually just leave the hand un-animated. But movable fingers actually make the animation come too life.

post-160974-0-91726300-1369681674_thumb.jpgpost-160974-0-41745100-1369681678_thumb.jpgpost-160974-0-09145000-1369681683_thumb.jpgpost-160974-0-92662900-1369681691_thumb.jpgpost-160974-0-45752200-1369681695_thumb.jpgpost-160974-0-12466900-1369681703_thumb.jpgpost-160974-0-98117500-1369681704_thumb.jpg

Animation file only:

newvegas 601 animation Slower DoggyStyle.7z

Syncing animation for new vegas seem a bit troublesome.

The MAX exporting 1kb file is not a problem with MAX -- it was a problem with the niftools lib *for* MAX. When I was trying it, the last version of MAX they supported was 2006 or 2008 or something -- I had the same problem. I think now though they have a new MAX plugin for.. well something from 2010 on. Might be 2010.. or 2012.. I don't remember, to be honest.

Thanks, it must be the nifscript then. I will have to retry 3dmax one day. :D

I am still experimenting with syncing. the thing i noticed i have to make the first animation move at the start while the second one waits a few frame till animation 1 hits animation 2 then they will move together.. Once But that will mean that animation 1 start frame 1 while animation 2 will start at frame 10 or greater. And one you have looping correctly you can use txt file to make it look like this:

First animation

1/start

10/blend

10/startloop

60/endloop

60/end

Second animation

10/start

10/startloop

60/endloop

60/end

Hopefully this will somehow make the syncing move more normally.

But the real bugger would probably be if the animation are already out of sync then even the above could not work. because animation 2 will still move away. animation 2 should not animate till 10 frames passes.

I wouldn't spend any effort on that -- you can't fix the issue from within the .kf files, and anything you do there will be very specific to your own PC, the mods you have loaded, and so on. The basic problem is that if anything happens engine-wise between one actor starting their animation and the other, they will be out of sync.

They aren't even guaranteed to start at the same time by sexout, because it can make no such guarantee. I tell actors to start animating by giving them tokens. It's up to the engine to run the script attached to both of those tokens within the same frame, and there's no way to guarantee that it will do this. That introduces a delay of n frames right there, no telling how many. It's usually 0. If the game hits a stutter/lag pocket right between one script being run and the next, it might be 10 frames.. it might be 30.

So.. yeah, just don't bother. I tell the engine to start both of them at the same time, and it does it's best to do so. If it can't, they're going to be out of sync, and how much depends on how busy the system is at that moment.

I wouldn't spend any effort on that -- you can't fix the issue from within the .kf files, and anything you do there will be very specific to your own PC, the mods you have loaded, and so on. The basic problem is that if anything happens engine-wise between one actor starting their animation and the other, they will be out of sync.

They aren't even guaranteed to start at the same time by sexout, because it can make no such guarantee. I tell actors to start animating by giving them tokens. It's up to the engine to run the script attached to both of those tokens within the same frame, and there's no way to guarantee that it will do this. That introduces a delay of n frames right there, no telling how many. It's usually 0. If the game hits a stutter/lag pocket right between one script being run and the next, it might be 10 frames.. it might be 30.

So.. yeah, just don't bother. I tell the engine to start both of them at the same time, and it does it's best to do so. If it can't, they're going to be out of sync, and how much depends on how busy the system is at that moment.

I was afraid that would be the answer.

I was trying to get 2 animations done within 1 and looked so great in blender:

2AnimationCombined In Blender.7z

Only to have it majorly failed in game due to out of sync.

post-160974-0-77920400-1369846592_thumb.jpgpost-160974-0-61116100-1369846597_thumb.jpgpost-160974-0-49618400-1369846601_thumb.jpgpost-160974-0-32264300-1369846605_thumb.jpgpost-160974-0-79041200-1369846611_thumb.jpgpost-160974-0-80170000-1369846615_thumb.jpg

So i guess advanced animations are out of the questions now. :( I don't remember having this out of sync problem in oblivion before.

Could you take a look at how the animations play ??when i was testing it, 1 animation played at the first frame while the second one actually started on frame 10 or later this does not seem right.

After doing some more testing i think how to work with breast havok. But still require some testing. This seem to work even easier then gerra scripts and you have full control of the bounce. At least better then me doing it by hand.

post-160974-0-36120400-1369926905_thumb.jpg

HavokBreast.7z

The aplitude you can have it even rotate in different direction. Making some cool fast animations when the breast bounce in different location doing missionary or doggy style etc..

It seem you can even speed up the process making the bounce move fast then slow and fast again.

or make it fast and slowly slow it down till the end of animation. Kind of like you see with fade in or fade out mechanism.

Just a theoretical question about the syncing - since we've been talking pick vs playidle in the scripting thread. Playidle might give a bit more reliability, I think - it's a direct call rather than have the engine run through the conditions in the idle animation tree, counting tokens in inventory and all that. Can't say nothing would ever go wonky, but it may just have a less of a chance to do so?

Just a theoretical question about the syncing - since we've been talking pick vs playidle in the scripting thread. Playidle might give a bit more reliability, I think - it's a direct call rather than have the engine run through the conditions in the idle animation tree, counting tokens in inventory and all that. Can't say nothing would ever go wonky, but it may just have a less of a chance to do so?

The issue exists with either method, though playidle may mask it a bit better than pickidle. You're right that playidle skips all the idle condition checking, but those condition checks are extremely fast, so I doubt the difference would really be measurable.

The only way I can imagine that would reliably eliminate the sync issues would be to create a new skeleton that is actualy a skeleton for 2 or 3 characters, create a single mesh that combines the parties, and then recreate all the animations using that skeleton and mesh. We would need a variety of different meshes (MMM, MMF, MFM, MFF, etc...) and textures for each.

This would mean only one call is needed, and since it would only be one skeleton playing one animation, it would not be possible for it to get *out* of sync.

The undertaking though seems nearly impossible in complexity, and I haven't thought at all about how I'd hide/deactivate the 'real' actors during the animation -- especially the player.

Man, that sounds like a horrible amount of work!  :blink:

Excuse my ignorance, but is it just a difference between NVSE and OBSE functions or is it how sexout handles sex calls vs Lovers with PK? 

In Lovers with PK, you never have out of sync animations (unless the animator screwed them up). 

I am wondering if a bit of coding needs to be borrowed or perhaps adapted from Lovers into Sexout.......if that is even possible\practical.  It just seems odd that you can't force both kf files to fire at the same time (and same frame). 

Maybe adding a 1 second delay or something along those lines prior to the sex act starting would help give time for whatever process need to finish so sync issues don't happen.  Being as I am scripting stupid, all of this may be just nonsense, but it just seems odd to have sync issues.

The core reason there are sync issues is that despite our best intentions as modders, and the best intentions of the animators, it is two completely different meshes running completely different animations. As far as the game engine is concerned, the two of them are in no way related.

Ok, that's not entirely true.

They're related in the sense that they are constantly colliding into each other, so sexout has to reposition them every frame while the animation is running, so they don't slide apart.. ;) This itself may be causing occasional single-frame delays when an actor is moved a significant amount, though I doubt it.

I don't really know what OBSE or Lovers is doing, as I have not really looked at the code. As bad as the GECK is to work in, the TES CK is a hundred times worse.

I suppose I could delay all the pickidle calls in a scene until all the actors are ready to run pickidle -- that may be enough to solve the problem in all but the most overburdened machines.. I'll note it down as a 'try this later'.

Lovers with PK actually is much more complicated animation wise than Sexout. A Lover's sex act has 4 stages, where as sexout only has the one stage per sex act.  Lovers also utilizes two actors (meshes) with two kf files per stage, so that much is dead nuts similar.  Lovers just compounds this by having the 4 stages, which means that an animator has to make a total of 8 kf files, just to have one complete 2 person sex act vs Sexout just having the two kf files.

Unless the NVSE vs OBSE codes are vastly different (and they may very well be) the ability to sync the animations should be there.  Unfortunately, due to me being so horribly ignorant of coding I can't point you directly at the scripts for lovers that you would need to browse for ideas. 

I will endeavor to take a peek and see if I can discover anything that might help.

There is a *lot* in OBSE that does not exist in either FOSE or NVSE. Mostly this is related to entry points into the game engine that were found for OBSE, but not for fallout due to no demand from modders/players. In fact, this is why the NVSE 3b2 that my extender requires exists in the first place -- the 'hooks' to tell an NVSE plugin when a game was loaded or saved were not in NVSE, so jaam found the entry points, patched NVSE, and sent the patch to the silverlock guys.

So it's quite possible that, if the sync code requires specific OBSE functionality, it may be missing from NVSE. If that functionality is just a simple call and not an entry point into the game engine, which is possible if unlikely, then I can replicate that functionality in the extender without requiring yet another version of NVSE.

There is a *lot* in OBSE that does not exist in either FOSE or NVSE. Mostly this is related to entry points into the game engine that were found for OBSE, but not for fallout due to no demand from modders/players. In fact, this is why the NVSE 3b2 that my extender requires exists in the first place -- the 'hooks' to tell an NVSE plugin when a game was loaded or saved were not in NVSE, so jaam found the entry points, patched NVSE, and sent the patch to the silverlock guys.

Don't forget ashmedai :)

Well if this game has such a problem with the out of sync i still can make pretty advanced animations just no longer the 2 different animations combined as one. But still make better once then we currently have.

Right now i am testing a new dog rig witch will be used to create new better dog animations so far the bending seem to behave just like i want it too, i just need to tweak the rig some more:

post-160974-0-03832800-1370191293_thumb.jpgpost-160974-0-80763400-1370191296_thumb.jpgpost-160974-0-08949800-1370191304_thumb.jpg

And here is new breast grab animation for bnb only, i will make a smaller breast grab but this will have to do for now.

post-160974-0-41899300-1370191343_thumb.jpgpost-160974-0-77542500-1370191344_thumb.jpgpost-160974-0-11291800-1370191346_thumb.jpgpost-160974-0-80831900-1370191348_thumb.jpg

And here is new BNB grab animation file only:

newvegasBNBBreastGrabAnimationFileOnly.7z

Lovers with PK actually is much more complicated animation wise than Sexout. A Lover's sex act has 4 stages, where as sexout only has the one stage per sex act.  Lovers also utilizes two actors (meshes) with two kf files per stage, so that much is dead nuts similar.  Lovers just compounds this by having the 4 stages, which means that an animator has to make a total of 8 kf files, just to have one complete 2 person sex act vs Sexout just having the two kf files.

Unless the NVSE vs OBSE codes are vastly different (and they may very well be) the ability to sync the animations should be there.  Unfortunately, due to me being so horribly ignorant of coding I can't point you directly at the scripts for lovers that you would need to browse for ideas. 

I will endeavor to take a peek and see if I can discover anything that might help.

The animations you guys create now seem to be more advanced then previous once you guys really have 4 different animation witch is actually allot of work. The way the japanese setup most animations is just make 1 pair like sexout has now, and only speed the same animation 3 times and slow the final one for orgasm phase.

if you go action editor in blender just select all in action editor and hit the s key to either move left to slow it down or move right with your mouse to speed it up and then click with left mouse button to edit the animation speed. If sexout every goes that route to have stages i will probably be doing this effect too. :D

The animations you guys create now seem to be more advanced then previous once you guys really have 4 different animation witch is actually allot of work. The way the japanese setup most animations is just make 1 pair like sexout has now, and only speed the same animation 3 times and slow the final one for orgasm phase.

if you go action editor in blender just select all in action editor and hit the s key to either move left to slow it down or move right with your mouse to speed it up and then click with left mouse button to edit the animation speed. If sexout every goes that route to have stages i will probably be doing this effect too. :D

Yea, I discovered that little trick to stretch out the number of frames with the s key as well as adjusting the playback speed.

I dislike just varying the speed as it is kinda boring.  Making at least a slight tweak to differentiate one stage from the next is much more interesting.....even if it is more work.

Now back on the subject of FNV animations, I do hope you guys stick with the one stage only format.  It makes things much smoother as there are no "snap" transitions from stage to stage.  Once I get done with the Oblivion animation overhaul, I do want to do some for FNV.  It would be neat to have a doggie style going and then flip her over and start pounding missionary style with the transition as part of the animation instead of the Oblivion "snap" from one to the other.

I sucks to have so little free time and so many things I want to accomplish..... :P

Well even if you copy paste if you make slight changes to pelvis move in and out you can accomplish much more variation this way.

the only good thing about the action editor is it allows you copy the segment and just expand it and then move to pose mode and make the change to pelvis this way it is just an easier way to make bigger animations more fluent movements.

This isn't 3dmax, so allot of advanced stuff needs to be done differently to accomplish what you can easily maintain with 3dmax.

If only i knew how to work with NLA editor. So far i am thankful i even know how to work with action editor and ipo editor.

I used to make animation make the first frame then skip 10 frames to make new frame. But what you get when doing this is not very very good. Blender seem to blend certain part that make the animation more robotic way. But if you just make it frame by frame then use action editor to slow it down the result seem much and much better. This just make it very long to animate since i am now testing creating frame by frame.

New Fingering Animation:

This is an experimental 3 stages animations:

What it does is begins with somewhat foreplay fingering animations plays like 10 seconds and then switches to sex animations and after that a breast grab fuck and will keep playing it till sexout decides it time over.

screen shot:post-160974-0-62079300-1370525636_thumb.jpgpost-160974-0-91769200-1370525640_thumb.jpg

ingame clip:

sexout animation files:newvegasBig3StagesAnimation.7z

I hope someone can show how to properly work with txt files in blender. This animation is 50 second clip So it took me about 30 minutes each to bake the animation before completing.

If you know how to properly work with txt files in blender please post suggestions in this topic:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/17972-i-am-looking-for-tutorials-on-txt-keys-in-blender-249b/?do=findComment&comment=412361

• 1 month later...

This project is not dead, i am just taking my time, Creating good sort of animations takes allot of practice, Also here is some new stuff i am currently working on:

In Blender:

post-160974-0-76441700-1374764888_thumb.jpgpost-160974-0-82344000-1374764890_thumb.jpgpost-160974-0-69180700-1374764895_thumb.jpgpost-160974-0-81018400-1374764903_thumb.jpgpost-160974-0-18503400-1374764910_thumb.jpg

In New Vegas:

post-160974-0-95209600-1374764962_thumb.jpgpost-160974-0-63391000-1374764972_thumb.jpgpost-160974-0-89517700-1374764967_thumb.jpg

NewVegasInGameTest.7z

The sort of new animations i am planning will make the hands really fit the body type. So no more aligning or finger clipping. But before i can do all that i need to fully create new type of rig that is gonna fit the bill. This will take some time to do properly.

As you can see in the picture male hands will move now with female pelvis correctly, also the female hands are fully attached to the breast now so when i move the breast around the hand and fingers also fits and no longer clips when animating the breast. Kind of the effect you would expect when doing breast grabbing animations.

With this technique it will ultimately also be possible to have the male grab the female breast and animate it the same way. Also this technique will make creating animations better so whenever i do male side it will be finished but when doing the female the male hands will also auto fit the new female side.

Archived