Facial Expressions During Sex?

Auguised

I decided to try out SexLab for the first time the other day and was very impressed by the level of customization and the detail in all of the animations. However, I was a bit disappointed that the facial expressions for the characters involved in the sex didn't change in relation to the voices or the actions they were doing at the time. It seems like at least opening the mouth a bit while having sex would add a huge boost to realism, since staring blankly out into space in the middle of intercourse seems a bit off.

While this might already be in the list of future features of SexLab, I was also wondering if there was a way to already manually do this during sex through FNIS. I haven't done anything with FNIS before, so I'm not sure how likely this is. Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Whats sad is bethesda won't patch it since patch 1.9.32 is the final patch and they said they will be leaving it for people to be fixed. Sad actually and they are milking money for the upcomming dragon born edition pack.

Im pretty sure they won't fixed it, You can clearly read their statement that the Dragonborn Edition Pack will contain the qoute "FINAL(1.9.32)" update and all dlcs. As mention from bethesda its the final update content.

Yeah, I've noticed the lip sync issues and was told they were caused by one of the recent patches. However, I didn't realize that also knocked out the usage of facial expressions. I wouldn't write it off as being unfixable. The unofficial patches have fixed countless bugs that Bethesda ignored, and I'm sure this will eventually be one of them. Thanks for the responses.

If they don't fix it within the next 3 months I'll load up the previous runtime and find out which thread decided to stop giving a crap about FaceGen changes. The MFG function is not broken, the thread that catches the BSFaceGenAnimationData flag changes stopped caring. It's technically fix-able, but will take a lot of debugging to find out which thread function is the problem, and then compare with the current version. Then runtime patch it, I haven't done this yet in hopes of Bethesda themselves fixing it, but if it comes down to it I may end up fixing it anyway.

If they don't fix it within the next 3 months I'll load up the previous runtime and find out which thread decided to stop giving a crap about FaceGen changes. The MFG function is not broken, the thread that catches the BSFaceGenAnimationData flag changes stopped caring. It's technically fix-able, but will take a lot of debugging to find out which thread function is the problem, and then compare with the current version. Then runtime patch it, I haven't done this yet in hopes of Bethesda themselves fixing it, but if it comes down to it I may end up fixing it anyway.

You'll be doing the screenshot taking and comic making gamers (I'm one of them) an eternal act of heroism if you fullfill that promise.

But hopefully Bethesda will fix it and if not, the modders will take it in their own hands.

Doesn't seem like the USKP team are much into this problem as a potential fix in their never-ending and thankless job. Don't even see it listed anywhere in their MBT, either people aren't reporting it to them or they're deleting it as unfixable by them.

Or perhaps there just isn't enough feedback on this issue being an issue being directed to Bethesda in the correct manner. Have to keep in mind that only the long term modding community is really concerned about this. Most average gamers are like "Skyrim? That game is old."

I'd like to think that Bethesda would actually address this so modders will have the tools necessary to create immersive content that will extend the shelf life of Skyrim just like mods did for Morrowind and Oblivion and FO3 and FONV...but I dunno. Bethesda has quite often shown that it really doesn't give a crap once they feel all the money that can be made, has been made.

That's because it's an engine problem. Nothing USKP can do about it without knowing assembly and reverse engineering concepts. If I do end up fixing it, or Bethesda ends up fixing it I'll expose it to Papyrus, I already know the functions used.

MEMBER_FN_PREFIX(BSFaceGenAnimationData);
DEFINE_MEMBER_FN(SetExpression, void, 0x0059DB90, UInt32 type, float value);
DEFINE_MEMBER_FN(SetPhonome, void, 0x005352D0, UInt32 type, float value);
DEFINE_MEMBER_FN(SetModifier, void, 0x005352A0, UInt32 type, float value);
DEFINE_MEMBER_FN(SetCustom, void, 0x00535300, UInt32 type, float value);
DEFINE_MEMBER_FN(Reset, void, 0x0059E320, float value, UInt8 unk1, UInt8 unk2, UInt8 unk3, UInt8 unk4);
The functions themselves are relatively threadsafe since all they do is flag some numbers. These exact functions are used by the MFG console function. Like I said, the functions themselves are not broken. The thread that catches the changes stopping doing whatever it needs to do. SetExpression and Reset still work in 1.9. Modifier appears to be broken, I never tested the others.

How I would go about fixing it would be to place a Read/Write trace on the related flags in 1.8 runtime, then set the modifier to find out what reads the flag and probably replicate the process in 1.9 to see the difference.

Im pretty sure they won't fixed it, You can clearly read their statement that the Dragonborn Edition Pack will contain the qoute "FINAL(1.9.32)" update and all dlcs. As mention from bethesda its the final update content.

Geez what happened to you positive thought train :dodgy:

If they do they do but it won't help them.

From here.

http://www.gamesradar.com/no-more-skyrim-dlc-team-moves-next-project/

The Bethesda team behind Skyrim is moving on after more than 16 months of post-release support. No more DLC is planned for the smash hit open-world game, with the 1.9 patch its last planned major infusion of content, Bethesda announced today.

Minor updates will still trickle out as needed, but Skyrim fiends crossing their fingers for another expansion past Dragonborn are out of luck. You may at least have an Elder Scrolls: Arena remake or re-release to keep you busy until the next game, given this Australian ratings board listing.

which wouldn't affect the header data and would essentially only modify a few values in the runtime and not change the executable in any fashion that might cause it.

Correct, it would probably consist of a relative jump to some code in an extension to 'fix' the broken segments of code. Likely just rewrite the broken function block then jump back to where the broken block finishes.

broken code here

turns into

write relJmp loc_newBlock (Overwrites 5 bytes of the broken code)

broken code still here

loc_endBrokenBlock

loc_newBlock

... some ASM here rewriting the block

... goto loc_endBrokenBlock

essentially only executing the replacement code and ignoring the broken stuff.

Any progress on the 'Bethesda fixing it' front? Or the modding community fixing it?

I'm not playing Skyrim atm, waiting for Sexlab to get more expanded, but int he long run this could be pretty nasty if it doesn't get fixed.

Aside from sex scenes, what other areas is the command used in? Conversations? Set pieces? With me not playing much as of late i've not seen it in action, or not seen it as the case may be.

It´s crazy to see soulless, lifeless people... the 1.9 patch turns Skyrim into Zombieland...

That sucks..... I think that we´ve paid at least for the game (and all the DLC) so they´ve got the damned duty to fix it.

I have played Morrowind and Oblivion before... but this is an impudence.

In these modern times facial expressions are so important  for all games (what would the Witcher 2 look like without?)

In my opinion it is just milking money nothing else.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry. I think this is going OT.

Bethesda fix or not, is perfectly possible to animate facial expression. I dont know the trick, but one of the most popular mod here does it. Sanguine Debauchery. And It work fine. I would love it to be imported in Sexlab. I dont know if Ashal is working on this in the next upgrade.

Sorry. I think this is going OT.

Bethesda fix or not, is perfectly possible to animate facial expression. I dont know the trick, but one of the most popular mod here does it. Sanguine Debauchery. And It work fine. I would love it to be imported in Sexlab. I dont know if Ashal is working on this in the next upgrade.

SD does not animate facial expressions, what you are seeing is the normal voice animations and nothing more. I.E. the lips are moving but the rest of the face is frozen.

I see.... So that's the trick. Anyway is a good one. A whole lot better than the blank expression of SexLab actual version. I mean no offense, its a great mod (or framework). 
Just thinking... while waiting to find a better solution and a real controll of facial expression, wouldn't be good to implement the SD lip moving effect on other sexmod?

Archived