Image hosts to use (here on LL and elsewhere) [Poll Added]

Monsto Brukes

145 members have voted

1. 1. Which image host do you think is best for showing in-game photos? (links in the OP)

• minus.com
    • 3ezy.net
    • sadpanda.us
    • postimage.org
    • imageshack.us
    • imgius.com
    • flickr.com
    • photobucket.com
    • bayimg.com
    • image-share.com
    • servimg.com

*SNIP*

Because they're not blocking the images, they're blocking LoversLab from hotlinking.

Embedding will not work because they don't allow image referrals from LoversLab.

So would I know if they I have done that, would it also show as an error for me if I was viewing the thread with one of my blocked images. ( I am curious on how it works that all). And I do have now that referral blocker that was suggested before (but for firefox).

*SNIP*

Because they're not blocking the images, they're blocking LoversLab from hotlinking.

Embedding will not work because they don't allow image referrals from LoversLab.

So would I know if they I have done that, would it also show as an error for me if I was viewing the thread with one of my blocked images. ( I am curious on how it works that all). And I do have now that referral blocker that was suggested before (but for firefox).

What the average user will see is a thread with busted images. If they rclick > "show image in new tab" then they'll get the busted image in that tab (referrer is the same). At that point, if they hit Reload the referrer is then from their local pc, and the image will show. 

That ffox plugin would fix it and probably all other images but just for you. when you go to any thread with imgur hotlinked images, they'd appear for you because the referrer has been spoofed to yahoo.com or whatever.

Bottom line best thing to do overall, for everyone's sake, especially if you don't use reddit, just kick imgur to the curb for image hosting and use minus.com or 3ezy.net. Minus has a great intf and doesn't monitor/edit (like imageshack and photobucket have been known to do). 3ezy.net is decent, fast and unique... but use it mostly because the owner/admin uses loverslab so help a brotha out!

I tried 3ezy.net and it resized all my images to the size of about 50px X 50px also the 3ezy album register doesn't even send me an email (had the same problem with nexus years ago when I first joined had to get a friend to do it for me think might be something to do with not having a u.s IP?). I hate minus I don't want to have to use social networking crap to upload my photos.

Edit: Everyone keeps mentioning imgius.com but every time I go to it comes up with some swimmer looking people and says "failed to load content"

You don't have to do social anything to use minus.com. I regged as a regular user and just use it stand alone. just because the widgets are there doesn't mean you have to click them. I sure as fuck dont.

But the interface is nice . . . drag n drop to upload. 

I tried 3ezy.net and it resized all my images to the size of about 50px X 50px also the 3ezy album register doesn't even send me an email (had the same problem with nexus years ago when I first joined had to get a friend to do it for me think might be something to do with not having a u.s IP?). I hate minus I don't want to have to use social networking crap to upload my photos.

Edit: Everyone keeps mentioning imgius.com but every time I go to it comes up with some swimmer looking people and says "failed to load content"

Hi rosewind, 3ezy.net only resizes for thumbnails. you still have the full size image that you can hotlink.

• 1 month later...
Guest endgameaddiction

I haven't given 3ezy.net a try yet. Just researching. I hope that I didn't make it seem in any way I was discrediting the site. I wasn't. I'm just looking for available options for us mature users to share fun stuff.

I will checking it out, however. I've got some lovely images sitting in the dust.

I use flickr for all my images 

Is flickr perfectly cool with images being on here?

I've posted a few screenshots using flickr. Well in the past, since they took away the ability to copy and paste the "BBCode".

Even then, it seems that as long it links back to it's flickr gallery page, it's alright.

A recent post I did, though; I had to upload the image to LL since using flickr would force a kind of "slideshow" app to show up.

And not everyone can see those.

I have quite a few screenshots on my account there. They're all "tasteful" screenshots from messing with body mods, outfits, etc.

• 2 months later...

So i just hit the bandwith limit on photobucket.. for fucking whatever reason i wasn't aware of it when i registered there.

Looking for a similar hosting site.. with albums and all that, which i can set to private and so on , y'know all the stuff that makes me feel like i'm god of my pictures.

Preferably without the money-making-bandwith-policy, apps or facebook or imgurs-we-dont-like-naughty-images crap.

Well i'll put in my vote for postimage (seems pretty straightforward and very user friendly for posting on forums for noobs like me)

Only problem with it is the file-size limitations and recently I found that some .gif's are incompatible for hotlinking there (not sure though, I posted a 5 image combined gif in my tutorial from there and it's the only one that appears as a thumbnail and it kinda bothers me)

Guest endgameaddiction

Well I use ImageShack for normal images and I've decided to use Flickr for anything related to adult material. Both image hosts are great. ImageShack has changed their interface and it looks x10 better now. It's more organized. You only get 5GB of bandwith, which is not bad. Flickr you get 1TB of bandwith, which you cannot beat that. I can vouch for both. I've used IS for a very long time and Flickr somewhere in the beginning of 2013. I just set my nude images to private and host them here. I haven't had any problems with Flickr as of yet. I did get some images removed from ImageShack, but like I've mentioned, I just use that one for normal images.

So i just hit the bandwith limit on photobucket.. for fucking whatever reason i wasn't aware of it when i registered there.

Looking for a similar hosting site.. with albums and all that, which i can set to private and so on , y'know all the stuff that makes me feel like i'm god of my pictures.

Preferably without the money-making-bandwith-policy, apps or facebook or imgurs-we-dont-like-naughty-images crap.

Minus.com

For general hosting I use it instead of imgur or anything else.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest endgameaddiction

Well I no longer vouch for ImageShack. They've changed their layout, which looks better, but now you have a 30 day trial. Even long long members like me have a 30 day trial. When the trial ends you are required to pay in order to continue to upload images. I no longer recommend this image host site to anyone. Unless you want to pay for their services. I'm officially moving all my images to flickr.

You can check it out here.

• 5 months later...

sad to see that noone likes puush.me over here. really straight forwards to share files you have and to take shots of an area or your screen or your hole screen.

it supports Animated gifs and can be set to upload uncompressed files aswell if you like. free accounts have no time limit, and you have unlimited storage on your profile and a limit of 20MB per file, Pro accounts have a 250MB per file limit. 

have only had one instance that nudity was detected when i uploaded, but i have neer had that problem if i upload things from Skyrim for example.

the program they have is simple and really fast, takes less than a sec to upload what you want, and they copy a link on the upload to your clipboard if you want, meaning you can share whatever in two sec and its a straight link perfect for linking on sites like LL :D 

just because it got a program you can install means its much quicker to use, since you never have to go to a site or whatever before you share something.

• 7 months later...

http://www.3ezy.netis now serving 200K impressions per day. No blocks whatsoever. No downtimes. 

I will personally pay for a CDN if I hit 50+ votes here for 3ezy.net

The cdn will cover all http://www.3ezy.net, http://beta.3ezy.net (file host) and http://pics.3ezy.net. If you use any of these vote up ;)

Edit: i am open to suggestions on improving the site in my free time.

Edit2: Thanks Monsto Brukes =)

3ezy.net is now serving 200K impressions per day. No blocks whatsoever. No downtimes. 

I will personally pay for a CDN if I hit 50+ votes here for 3ezy.net

The cdn will cover all 3ezy.net, beta.3ezy.net (file host) and pics.3ezy.net. If you use any of these vote up ;)

Edit: i am open to suggestions on improving the site in my free time.

you should link in your post (=

Just sayin.

• 2 months later...

Yep imgur is the top choice for anonymous and free hosting. Sometimes takes a few seconds for the images to load (at least for me), but the whole site and interface with album management etc. are so well done that this is completely acceptable - especially since they made all accounts "premium" for free and you now can upload an infinite amount of images without bandwith useage limit, also the images stay up forever.

The only catch is that images above (iirc) 6MB are getting compressed as .JPG, but anything below that stays in your original quality. And make sure you don't publish anything "adult"-related to their image share, or they will ban you. So just set everything to be "hidden" by default, and users can only see your content over your direct links.

• 1 year later...

Archived