Zaz Animation Pack V7.0 [2017-05-16]

Thanks for the update!  Looking forward to experiencing it!

I tried to look this up but couldn't find much...is there a safe, "standard" updating procedure for mods like this?  Should I uninstall the old version first?  Can I just slap the new version over the old one?

I'm kinda paranoid about this 'cuz I'm sure my playthroughs are just giant messes of codes and bugs right now, even with all the save cleaning. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the update!  Looking forward to experiencing it!

I tried to look this up but couldn't find much...is there a safe, "standard" updating procedure for mods like this?  Should I uninstall the old version first?  Can I just slap the new version over the old one?

I'm kinda paranoid about this 'cuz I'm sure my playthroughs are just giant messes of codes and bugs right now, even with all the save cleaning. :rolleyes:

Using mod organizer i installed the new version, and since it's one file instead of three now, I moved it to the slot where the old ones were and deleted them. It worked immediately and with zero problems

Never mind looks like for this version to recognize sexlab I gotta work off a new game/clean save just did a quick new character and it picked sl up.

works perfectly fine on old saves, you know! you might just have to register sexlab through the mcm menu again

Not working fine for me on a old save no matter what I do short of uninstalling completely and if I try that with the amount of mods i'm running that require this i can kiss the save goodbye there's at least a half dozen or more im my lo so i'm guaranteed to have to rerun bashed, asis, perma, dsr and clean my save ive done this before and its never ended well. So off to restart the character only way I know to make it work safely. 

Is this your slave? Afraid to show her face in public because of low resolution textures? (Yes, that hood is fixed now.)

Well, I had the same problem, so I decided to check in at zbfTestZone to see what was going on. Looks lik.... well, two new x-crosses. Nice, I guess.

But what is this??? A door? A new room?

Let's have a look inside. What is this? Looks like a pillory? But it's all bla....

... black leather and gold, eh? This is getting interesting.

Maybe a bit over the top, but who cares...

Wood and dark metal.

Wood and gold.

By now, it's obvious that it's time for an update of Zaz Animation Pack.

Fixes to, more or less, everything. I've shown only a small part of what's new here. Just have a look in the new room and check out all the chests. There's also a change log at the bottom.

Some highlights:

* Vastly more efficient use of disk space, so the download is now <100mb.

* Significantly improved use of pixels in your textures resulting in said disk space savings and higher (perceived) resolution.

* Support for shine and reflections on almost all objects (and modding support for that too).

* Lots of new materials to play with both as a modder and user.

* New items from lots other sources (they are supposed to be credits only, so check the updated credits.txt file).

* If you're a modder, the api is vastly expanded, documented and tested (I use it for my own modding).

* Bugfixes, of course, both to meshes, textures and scripts.

Some random screenshots demonstrating the quality improvements. It's hard to tell from the screenshots, but even the rusty metals have some reflections to them when you move them around. Try it in game.

Changelog:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Huge updates to meshes and textures.

- Reduced binary size and increased texture resolutions.

- Almost all meshes now support normal maps.

- Almost all meshes now support environment maps.

* Most textures have been unstretched across meshes allowing texture resolution to decrease and pixel density to increase at the same time.

- Visually higher resolution, but smaller footprint.

- All textures are now tileable without repeating patterns.

* Consolidation of resources.

- Fewer textures work harder. There is only one leather normal map, for instance.

- Most metals share a black diffuse map of 8x8 pixels.

- Many meshes are shared where possible.

* Bug fixes (lots)

* Reduced coupling between source files.

* Slavery submodule (zbfSlaveActions) to support actions on the player.

- Whipping

- Leashing (forced move)

- Cage/cell transfer

- SexLab connection

- Event based for easy integration

* Slot system updates

- Randomized animation lists for certain poses.

- Improved furniture support (eg. allow talking in furniture without being able to break out).

- Activation intercept support

* SexLab integration

- Streamlined api for easier integration.

* Improved slavery factions.

- Documentation of how they work. Improved support for a master/owner.

* Documentation updates and fixes.

* Support for items from other packages

- ZaZ HDT shackles

- DD items (you need DDa to see them in game)

- Muzzle gag support for khajiit and argonians

- Other small improvements

* Improved beast race support

- All beast races have fall back gags now.

- Repositioned gags to work with beast races.

Uh, thank you very much, downloading right now

I will see and test today how I can use that for slaverun :P

Wow, that's cool! Can I just rewrite the old stuff & run FNIS?

Yes.

* Support for items from other packages

- ZaZ HDT shackles

Does this mean we don't need to have the ZaZ HDT Workshop separately installed or do we still need to install it separately but now ZaZ animations support it if it detects the mod's presence?   Or is it referring to something else entirely?   :-/

No need for HDT workshop anymore. It's integrated into the mod now as separate items. If you have the workshop, it's not going to collide.

I'll check by here a little more often than once every six months, so report any issues that you find with this newest update and I'll fix them asap.

There is now only a single download that you need to get. All textures, meshes, etc are contained in that 90mb download.

Welcome back @xaz.

Thanks!

Still confused about how we find the animation list (like the ID codes) for all these :c

I prefer to keep an editor with Meshes\Actors\Character\animations\ZaZAnimationPack\FNIS_ZaZAnimationPack_List.txt open. There you can view all the animations available, and play any of them with player.sae <animation name>.

I experimented with some older animations and remade the animated objects with the new materials:

player.sae ZazAPCAO011_gold

thx to update. But I found animation bug at Zaz Animation Pack 6.1 version.

When I play bound or Armbinder animation, actors do noting but just standing. Sexlab 1.61b & Zaz 6.07(beta3) has same bug. But the bug does not fix.

Do you see this post? http://www.loverslab.com/topic/18708-sexlab-framework-development-discussion-updates/?p=1497654

edit :

I tested all sexlab registerd animations, only doggy bound and Armbinder animations has a problem(actors do noting just standing.)

other animations works fine. But pillory animations has bug that they play well without pillory object!

That particular bug should be fixed by ZaZ now. I'll have a look at those animations you reported. It's likely a separate problem.

Will this update require a clean save? When I updated it I noticed some texture issues and some objects becoming invisible when they are worn/used, so far only tested this with Prison Overhaul.

I haven't checked with the patch version, but the old Prison Overhaul does not define it's own armatures, so it's not affected by the changes in the latest ZAP (or should not be?).

Even if it was, the files are not moved or renamed, so the models are mostly in the same spot they always were. Which version are you using?

Still confused about how we find the animation list (like the ID codes) for all these :c

I prefer to keep an editor with Meshes\Actors\Character\animations\ZaZAnimationPack\FNIS_ZaZAnimationPack_List.txt open. There you can view all the animations available, and play any of them with player.sae <animation name>.

I experimented with some older animations and remade the animated objects with the new materials:

player.sae ZazAPCAO011_gold

Oh ok found it Thanks a bunch!

Im still a little confused about how to play some of the animations e.g. the Torture pole one: o ZazAPCAO201

Do i just type in player.playidle zazapcao201? Been trying that but nothin been workin

EDIT: Nevermind i was putting 0 instead of o. :P my bad! Ima good!

Im still a little confused about how to play some of the animations e.g. the Torture pole one: o ZazAPCAO201

Do i just type in player.playidle zazapcao201? Been trying that but nothin been workin

Like xaz has mentioned, a slightly faster way to get console animations to play would be to click on your character (or any npc) and type 

sae zazapcao201

(in your case). It's gotta be better than typing player.playidle a million times, huh?

Like xaz has mentioned, a slightly faster way to get console animations to play would be to click on your character (or any npc) and type 

sae zazapcao201

(in your case). It's gotta be better than typing player.playidle a million times, huh?

Ya

When I play bound or Armbinder animation, actors do noting but just standing. Sexlab 1.61b & Zaz 6.07(beta3) has same bug. But the bug does not fix.

Do you see this post? http://www.loverslab.com/topic/18708-sexlab-framework-development-discussion-updates/?p=1497654

edit :

I tested all sexlab registerd animations, only doggy bound and Armbinder animations has a problem(actors do noting just standing.)

other animations works fine. But pillory animations has bug that they play well without pillory object!

That particular bug should be fixed by ZaZ now. I'll have a look at those animations you reported. It's likely a separate problem.

Will this update require a clean save? When I updated it I noticed some texture issues and some objects becoming invisible when they are worn/used, so far only tested this with Prison Overhaul.

I haven't checked with the patch version, but the old Prison Overhaul does not define it's own armatures, so it's not affected by the changes in the latest ZAP (or should not be?).

Even if it was, the files are not moved or renamed, so the models are mostly in the same spot they always were. Which version are you using?

Currently using the latest patched version of Prison overhaul.

edit :

Also had an issue with the pillory animation, but that was because the 6.1 version I dl'd was missing some mesh. So I basically just took the mesh and texture folder from 6.07 that I had and copied to the 6.1 folder. Now the pillory shows up for me.