My First Mod (CM Partner)

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=40816

I... just wanted to share this moment with someone. My first mod.

I mean, it's just a CM Companion, and those are easy-ish to make, but I'm getting somewhere, and that makes me feel good.

Kind of late though, isn't it? Skyrim is right around the corner, and pretty soon Oblivion modding will be just a memory... maybe. Or maybe Skyrim bombs and Oblivion will still reign supreme. Who knows.

Pics:

Oblivion2011-10-2623-49-54-75.jpg

Oblivion2011-10-2623-48-18-35.jpg

Oblivion2011-10-2623-47-23-86.jpg

Oblivion2011-10-2623-45-33-73.jpg

She looks lovely. I wish you every success with her. I did notice that the Nexus broken record started playing almost from the moment you uploaded her.

"Pics please -click- Pics please -click- Pics please -click-..." at least this one was polite!

Oh and I wouldn't give up on Oblivion just yet. No matter how successful Skyrim might get, there will still be Oblivion, mods to come. Of that I am sure. Note that there are still Morrowind mods being made after all this time.

Thanks guys.

Oh and I wouldn't give up on Oblivion just yet. No matter how successful Skyrim might get' date=' there will still be Oblivion, mods to come. Of that I am sure. Note that there are still Morrowind mods being made after all this time.

[/quote']

That... makes me feel better.

Morrowind is still being played and getting better. Daggerfall is still being played, though by a tiny (but active) community.

Oblivion will probably last at least another few years. :)

I'm not planning to even try Skyrim until February or so; give it time for the first few patches to get done.

I'm not planning to even try Skyrim until February or so; give it time for the first few patches to get done.

I'm just waiting for MBP and x117race to come out for Skyrim. I heard someone in an Oblivion thread on /v/ (if you know what that is) mention that, in a way, those two mods could just be ported. How long that would take, I'm not sure, but hey, that would be cool. Probably not the case, though.

I've actually got two other characters I want to make into companions, a thief and a brawler (hand-to-hand). Only problem is that they require x117 race or MBP or both... I'll have to check with Form ID Finder.

That reminds me - Can I somehow make a custom class for an NPC in CS? As in set their specialization, favored attributes, and major skills? Because I need to update Alexia if I can. She's... Well, she's actually a partner made out of the first character I created in Oblivion, so I kind of want her to be as based on that character as possible.

Morrowind is still being played and getting better. Daggerfall is still being played' date=' though by a tiny (but active) community.

Oblivion will probably last at least another few years. :)

[/quote']

I never buy a game until it has had at least one major patch released.

When my old PC broke a few months back I ended up using a much older one. I had managed to get hold of a copy of Morrowind and was most impressed. I played it non-stop until I got my new rig sorted. I will probably go back to it for a while in the not to distant future. In some ways it made Oblivion seem quite simplistic.

So, lolicatgirls9, I think your mod has potentially more life in it than you thought.

Guess I will be playing Oblivion for quite a while: Similar to Morrowind, Oblivion has reached a level of perfection by now that does not have too much in common with the game as it was originally. All this happened due to the modding community.

Thus, most certainly good contributions will still be very welcome by a huuuuge community.

Okay, so apparently I CAN set her to have a custom class, but the only problem is that I'm not sure how to do it - make the custom class available in CS, that is. My guess is that I have to go into Oblivion, make a custom class, and either import it or find the custom class file in my data folder and make it an esp or something.

Anyone?

Okay' date=' so apparently I CAN set her to have a custom class, but the only problem is that I'm not sure how to do it - make the custom class available in CS, that is. My guess is that I have to go into Oblivion, make a custom class, and either import it or find the custom class file in my data folder and make it an esp or something.

Anyone?

[/quote']Hopefully this can help you! ;)

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Classes

• 2 weeks later...