Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika

(A dark and gritty magic girl anime....

I haven't seen it but with a literal translation of 'Magic Girl Madoka' I highly doubt it is dark and gritty , from the pics I'd say it's ecchi so better not call it dark and gritty because it insults really dark and gritty anime/manga such as death note and Gantz .

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika

(A dark and gritty magic girl anime....

I haven't seen it but with a literal translation of 'Magic Girl Madoka' I highly doubt it is dark and gritty , from the pics I'd say it's ecchi so better not call it dark and gritty because it insults really dark and gritty anime/manga such as death note and Gantz .

Let's just say, it's a deconstruction of the Magical Girl genre. It's not ecchi, and it most certainly is dark and gritty. Don't judge the book by its cover.

As I said, watch at least the first three episodes of that anime before you judge it. In the beginning it looks like a happy, innocent school girl anime; only at the very end of the third episode it starts to reveal it's true color.

Hmm.... Let's see

Completed list:

CardCaptor Sakura

Dog Days

Girls und Panzer

Freezing

Gunslinger Girl

High School DxD

Last Exile

Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls

Maken-ki!

Manyuu

Murder Princess

Naruto

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Sankarea

Senran Kagura

Shakugan no Shana

Spirited Away

Starzinger

The Sky Crawlers

Upotte

Note: There's a few more but they got lost a few years ago.

Currently watching and following:

HenNeko

Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Bride

Red Data Girl

I was not judging a book by it's cover , I was judging it by it's characters . As long as they are 5 or more schoolgirls in miniskirts and strange outfits it's ecchi no matter how good the story .

I'm on EP. 5 now and dude you're completely wrong HAHA.

I don't wanna spoil anything but ladyrunner and Someone92 are right.

It's more of a Psychological Thriller than anything else, you don't see this kind of anime everyday.

I'm surprised how many of people here have great tastes in anime, KUDOS to you guys HAHA

Now where's my popcorn...

I was not judging a book by it's cover , I was judging it by it's characters . As long as they are 5 or more schoolgirls in miniskirts and strange outfits it's ecchi no matter how good the story .

Isn't ecchi something like "To Love-Ru"? I mean something like voluptuous girls, panty shots, lots of naked flesh, nose bleed situations and such things?

Isn't ecchi something like "To Love-Ru"? I mean something like voluptuous girls, panty shots, lots of naked flesh, nose bleed situations and such things?

Yup, pretty much. I wouldn't consider Madoka an ecchi anime myself, it's more than that A LOT MORE.

Currently watching Shin Sekai Yori, great anime judging from the episodes I've watched so far.

Since nobody else said anything I will; s-CRY-ed. Aime or manga, it doesn't matter because both are awesome.

Though the manga kind of wins out because it has a character whose powers can be used to heal, and in order to do so she needs to have sex with the person... so in the story, she literally rides cock to save a life.

The best anime I've seen:

1. Nichijou  - comedy, it is just a masterpiece of masterpieces

Ichigo Mashimaro

2. Le Portrait de Petit Cossette - best surrealism, drama

3. Mawaru Penguindrum -surreal drama, comedy?

4. Sola 

5. Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika

6. Colorful movie

7. 5_Centimeters_Per_Second ,movie 

8. Shingetsutan Tsukihime

9.Hotarubi no Mori e

Finally had the time to finish up the fist part of Fate/Zero. Can't believe the contrast between the game it's based on, it doesn't even have a shred of fan service in it HAHA. The plot is great and the fight scenes are spectacular. Gonna watch the second part later.

Seeing as no one has mentioned them I'll go ahead and list two of my favorite and probably some of the best anime/manga to have even been made .

1: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (anime by bonzu)

2:Gantz (manga)

Fullmetal has to be the best anime of the last 10 years as for Gantz let me just say it's not for everyone but if you like it , it is the best .

Only skimmed through the posts, so some might already have been mentioned (apologies for that).

Elfen Lied - Both the anime and manga are good, although the ending of the manga is way better.

Hellsing OVA - OVA because it's the one based on the manga.

Chrno/Chrono Crusade - Very good yet sad ending.

Shiki - A very dark anime, there's no black/white sides in this one, it's all a huge grey-area. Brilliantly done imo. Anidb link since it can be difficult to find it.

Spice and Wolf - Slightly odd concept, but very catching. I was very skeptic during the first 2 episodes but ended up spending the entire night watching all the episodes xD.

Yumekui Merry - Pretty good, although I definitely prefer the manga.

Ghost in the Shell - If you haven't watched it. Funnily enough, this one was recommended to me by my Swedish teacher ;)

Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations - The original Tsubasa Chronicles anime is quite boring, but the Tokyo Revelations episodes closely follow the manga which is much better (Had to reread the ending of that manga several times to make sure I understood everything).

To repeat some of the other suggestions: Code Geass, Angel Beats, Neon Genesis Evangelion (even though I despise the main guy in that one), Fate/ StayNight.

Those are the ones I can think of from the top of my head.

Only skimmed through the posts, so some might already have been mentioned (apologies for that).

Elfen Lied - Both the anime and manga are good, although the ending of the manga is way better.

Ghost in the Shell - If you haven't watched it. Funnily enough, this one was recommended to me by my Swedish teacher ;).

Ah, thanks for reminding me that I never finished watching Elfen Lied

As for Ghost in the Shell, gave the movie to a friend :D But I really should get around to watching this during the summer.