useful community scripts to start mods with

Guest Donkey

I'm not sure if someone can help ... but I'm trying to write my own script that initiates lovers animation and then after its done, I want the NPC to talk to the player again automatically ... I can do the lovers animation no problem ... there are lots of script examples of how to do that and its pretty easy ... but I'm having trouble figuring out how to get the NPC to talk to the player afterward ... I've seen it in a couple of lovers mods and I've tried to figure out how they do it, but its just not clear. Can someone help?

Thanks

Thanks. I already looked at adult play plus, lovershooker, and truecrime before posting ... and I can't figure out how its being done in any of them -

In adult play plus, what the people say when they initiate the followup conversation is not part of the greeting topic but actually in the 'conversations' tab ... which is normally used for dialogue that takes place outside of the discussion window ... like what NPC's say to you as you walk past them or what they say to each other. Also, its contingent on a 'follow' package ... so I'm not sure how the follow package is causing the NPC to initiate the conversation ... but it must relate somehow.

Obviously, I don't know enough about Oblivion dialogue/script moding to reverse engineer whats going on there - and 'trial and error' learning is incredibly time consuming in oblivion ... takes way to long to load up oblivion and get in game to do minor tests ...

Thanks. The xLoversAdultPlayAfter script has a command me.StartConversation Player ... so that is probably the piece I was missing. Have to figure out how they are assigning 'me' to the character' date=' but it at least gives me direction.

[/quote']

One thing that can be very helpful when attempting to track down references in complex mods is to use Wrye Bash to export all of the scripts and then use a text editor with a "find in files" string search option to track down every script that calls given function.

• 9 months later...

Calling by UMID
With LAPF released with UMIDs included, I wanted to be sure how best to make the calls.

short myspecificpos

let myspecificpos := xLoversCmnGetMotionNumberByUMID 100154
set xLoversQuest.SPos to myspecificpos

Is this the proper way for a single specific animation call within the normal xLoversCmnIsReady calls?

mem

Calling by UMID

With LAPF released with UMIDs included, I wanted to be sure how best to make the calls.

short myspecificpos

let myspecificpos := xLoversCmnGetMotionNumberByUMID 100154
set xLoversQuest.SPos to myspecificpos

Is this the proper way for a single specific animation call within the normal xLoversCmnIsReady calls?

mem

Yes it is, mem.  If you wanted to be extra careful you would check if myspecificpos was 0, meaning the user does not have installed the animation with the UMID you're looking for. In that case you could fall back to using the standard xLoversCmnGetRandomSPos function, or hardcoded SPos if you wanted to then assume they were using v2/v3 anim set.

• 6 months later...

Had another crazy idea and decided to see if I could do it.

Create a plugin that could use more than one sex system without being 'Mastered' to them.

So far a plugin, mastered only to oblivion.esm, with similar code as below has been working without a problem. Others may or may not find it interesting or useful but some may even find better ways.

scn Externalsexscript

short options

short sLpkuse
; variables for using this specific sex system
short sLwrs
ref Lwpkready
ref Lwpkclearall
ref Lwpkstart
ref Lwpkgetrndpos
ref Lwpkquest
ref rRapeMeV
ref Lwpkumidconvert

short sTssuse
; you could have specific shorts and refs for this system or re-use the ones above
short sBSexuse
; you could have specific shorts and refs for this system or re-use the ones above

; variables if needed for local calculations etc.
short ichk
short myPos

; rOsex (offence actor reference) and rDsex (deffence actor reference) must be already set.
    ; this function is called from dialog script result after setting offender/defender to quest refvariables
    ; or any script after setting offender/defender to quest refvariables

Begin Function {options}
    ; argument 'options' can be a numerical package of information.
    ; One example designed with LwPK in mind:
    ; 1000= what sex system to use. 100=gangrape. 10=nonconsentual. 1-5= grouptype, 6-9=other (prefered umid?)
    ; if options >= 1000 use sexsystem A else use sexsystem B or sexsystem C etc.
    ; set options to options%1000 to strip off that first digit.
    ; if options >= 100 (use a gangbang system )
    ; set options to options%100 to strip off that first digit.
    ; if options >= 100 (designate the sex act as non-consentual )
    ; set options to options%10 to strip off that first digit.
    ; you are now left with possible numbers 0 through 9 and can assign grouptype or specific calls.
    ;
    ; You can devise what ever system works best for your specific application

;--------------------------
    ;Verify that the expected sex systems are or are not present.
    ; Not shown here but would be good to verify version numbers as well if available.
    ; also could adjust options variable to pick alternate if primary is not available
    ;--------------------------
    if IsModLoaded "Lovers with PK.esm" == 0 ; its not loaded
        set sLpkuse to 0
        set sLwrs to 0
    else                                     ; it is loaded
        set sLpkuse to 1
    endif
    if IsModLoaded "TSS.esp" == 0
        set sTssuse to 0
    else
        set sTssuse to 1
    endif
    if IsModLoaded "BarnysSexSystem.esp" == 0
        set sBSexuse to 0
    else
        set sBSexuse to 1
    endif

;------------------
    ; Determine what sex system to use and do it.
    ;--------------------
    if options >= 3000
        if sBSexuse == 0 ; we called for this specific sex system but it is not loaded.
            MessageEX "No sexsystem present. No actual intercourse will occur."
            ; call a fade routine etc.
            return
        else
            ; Make the calls needed...
            return
        endif
    elseif options >= 2000
        if sTssuse == 0 ; we called for this specific sex system but it is not loaded.
            return
        else
            ; Make the calls needed...
            return
        endif
    elseif options >= 1000
        if sLpkuse == 0 ; we called for this specific sex system but it is not loaded.
            return
        else
            set options to options%1000    ; strip the leading digit

;-----------
            ; set some local ref variables to the 'possibly' needed LwPK functions
            ;------------
            set Lwpkready to GetFormFromMod "Lovers with PK.esm" "000823"
            set Lwpkclearall to GetFormFromMod "Lovers with PK.esm" "003140"
            set Lwpkstart to GetFormFromMod "Lovers with PK.esm" "000829"
            set Lwpkgetrndpos to GetFormFromMod "Lovers with PK.esm" "00083d"
            set Lwpkquest to GetFormFromMod "Lovers with PK.esm" "0015ac"
            set Lwpkumidconvert to GetFormFromMod "Lovers with PK.esm" "000831"
            ;----------
            ; Example of preparing to use a different mod to use its functionality to call for sex)
            ;----------
            if IsModLoaded "LoversRaperS.esp"
                ;-----------
                ; NOTE- RunScriptLine works with 'visible' variables like quest variables.
                ; so we store the reference or data in our quest variables
                ;-----------
                RunScriptLine "set MycentralQuest.sLwrsv to xLoversRaperSQuest.Version"
                if MycentralQuest.sLwrsv >= 1710
                    set rRapeMeV to GetFormFromMod "LoversRaperS.esp" "080000"
                    if IsFormValid rRapeMeV
                        ;------------
                        ; Note- we are setting this function to one of our own quest refvariables
                        ;------------
                        set MycentralQuest.rWapRap to rRapeMeV
                        set sLwrs to 1
                    else
                        printC "info: did not get valid WappyOnes call for rape function"
                        set sLwrs to 0
                    endif
                else
                    printC "info: did not get valid WappyOnes call for rape function"
                    set sLwrs to 0
                endif
            endif

;----------
            ; Start setting up to call LoverswPK with our information
            ; All variables that we pass will be quest variables
            ;-----------
            if 0 == Call Lwpkready MycentralQuest.rOsex
                MessageEX "Offender not ready for intercourse (LwPK says no)."
                return
            endif
            if 0 == Call Lwpkready MycentralQuest.rDsex
                MessageEX "Deffender not ready for intercourse (LwPK says no)."
                return
            endif
            Call Lwpkclearall        ;clear LwPK variables for clean run
            if options >= 100 && sLwrs ; gangbangstyle using WappyOnes RaperS version 1.71 or higher
                Let ichk := call MycentralQuest.rWapRap MycentralQuest.rOsex MycentralQuest.rDsex 16503 0
                if ichk == 0 ; the raperS function may return its own error messages but added one just in case.
                    printC "WappyRapefuncDenied "
                endif
            else
              ; not doing a gangbang through another plugin so proceed with LwPK calls
                RunScriptLine "set xLoversQuest.Offence to MycentralQuest.rOsex"
                RunScriptLine "set xLoversQuest.Deffence to MycentralQuest.rDsex"
                set option to options%100  ;strip the data from the front

;---------------------
                ; This section deals with the NudeFlag and consentual/nonconsentual flags
                ; There is references to what the flags are and how to use here on LL boards
                ; NOTE- we are passing actual numbers, not variables that hold numbers so quest
                ; variables not needed.
                ;---------------------
                if options >= 10 ;nonconsentual
                    RunScriptLine "set xLoversQuest.OffNudeFlag to 128"
                    RunScriptLine "set xLoversQuest.DefNudeFlag to 128"
                else
                    RunScriptLine "set xLoversQuest.OffNudeFlag to 0"
                    RunScriptLine "set xLoversQuest.DefNudeFlag to 0"
                endif
                set options to options%10
                ;------------
                ; Tell LwPK what sposgroup, specific anim number, or umid we want
                ;------------
                if options == 0
                    ; random from all groups. If 'Set Additional Animation Automatically' is
                    ; set to ON then positions 1-200 else positions 1-9

Let myPos := Call Lwpkgetrndpos 11111
                elseif options == 1
                    Let myPos := Call Lwpkgetrndpos 1
                elseif options == 2
                    Let myPos := Call Lwpkgetrndpos 10
                elseif options == 3
                    Let myPos := Call Lwpkgetrndpos 100
                elseif options == 4
                    Let myPos := Call Lwpkgetrndpos 100
                elseif options == 5
                    Let myPos := Call Lwpkgetrndpos 10000
                elseif options == 6
                    Set myPos to 165 ; example favoured bj by direct anim number
                    ; can error if there is no 165
                elseif options == 7
                    Let myPos := Call Lwpkumidconvert 100058  ; example favoured umid
                    if myPos <= 0 ; if no anim with umid 100058 just pick randomly
                        Let myPos := Call Lwpkgetrndpos 11111
                    endif
                else
                    Let myPos := Call SomeOtherFunctionToCheckArraysOrWhatEverAndReturnAPositionNumber
                endif
                set MycentralQuest.iTemp3 to myPos ; set it to a quest variable
                RunScriptLine "Set xLoversQuest.sPos to MycentralQuest.iTemp3"
                Call Lwpkstart                                         ;tell LwPK to actually start sex
            endif
            return
        endif
    else
        ; options variable did not tell us what system to use
    endif
End

;----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

scn MycentralQuestscript

ref rOsex
ref rDsex
ref rSexcounter
ref rWhateverelseisneeded
short iTemp
short iTemp2
short iTemp3 ;etc...
etc...

begin GameMode
    ;startups, cycle clocks etc. etc.

if IsModLoaded "Lovers with PK.esm"
        ;------------
        ; LoversWpk uses tokens to keep track of a lot of info
        ; This one is the number of times the player has had sex
        ; There are tokens for how many times raped or raped someone else etc.
        ; Always work with the esm, not the esp.
        ;------------
        set rSexcounter to GetFormFromMod "Lovers with PK.esm" "000800"
        set sRuningcount to Player.GetItemCount rSexcounter
    else
        ; use a different method to keep track if needed
        set sRuningcount to 0
    endif

;Other code
End

Thanks to the LL community,

Mem

having a problem with some script

Calling lovers animations via dialogue

Call xlHookerStartWork GetSelf 3 0 1 0
startconversation player xLoversAdultPlayAfterConv00

The animations play fine the first time, and the conversation starts correctly after the animation finishes.

The problem comes when you go to play the animations a second time. The conversation starts as the defender is doing her animations while still clothed by herself.

The animation then proceeds normally, without the end conversation once finished.

Leaving and reentering the cell overcomes this, so does going through a different menu to call the same script. Not sure whats going on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit NVM, worked it out, myself..only took me 7 hours !!!. Add xLoversAdultPlayAfterItem and the script calls the convo and removes the token.

And the answer was in the posts above...should have came here sooner...

• 2 months later...

Maybe it's obvious, but i just discovered.. :-/  using function HasMagicEffect with four-letter-effect-id, such as DGHE,
in plugin what does not have oblivion.esm as MASTER
, produces run-time errors ("Could not create function context for function script"), and, hence, script does not work properly -- because without mastering to vanila (or other possible sources defining such magic effects) compiled script has zeroes instead of proper magic effect ids (for example, DGHE has id 00001865).
And naturally, Construction Set allows to save such script without any warning.
Also, some of magic effects (DISE) are not defined in oblivion.esm - and their ids remain "00000000" so far.

Maybe it's obvious, but i just discovered.. :-/  using function HasMagicEffect with four-letter-effect-id, such as DGHE,

in plugin what does not have oblivion.esm as MASTER, produces run-time errors ("Could not create function context for function script"), and, hence, script does not work properly -- because without mastering to vanila (or other possible sources defining such magic effects) compiled script has zeroes instead of proper magic effect ids (for example, DGHE has id 00001865).

And naturally, Construction Set allows to save such script without any warning.

Also, some of magic effects (DISE) are not defined in oblivion.esm - and their ids remain "00000000" so far.

If so, try a workaround. You can convert a string meID to a long integer code, from there you should be able to check if it exists in the actor's active effects list. This should work.

Or, have you tried CSE instead of CS?

Thanks for good advice. Yesterday i've learned more about obse functions, dealing with four-letter ids and their numeric equivalents, so it seems doable for me.

In other hand, mentioned mod is just my tweak of tamagoBreak (i tried to add more harmful factors), so for now i trade with myself to add oblivion.esm as master.

(No, i had not used CSE before; but now i'm looking at it (@nexus) and possibly will try)

Good instructions on CSE installing by fejeena at this post-> Here

IMHO, Her instructions should be pinned in the tech support. Very helpful.

Also,  how would I go about making a percent chance of something happening? I'm trying to alter aphrodisia so that if the lust goes between a certain percent, it will have a chance to trigger masturbation, if it goes higher, trigger rape, and if the PC is enslaved and the lust is high enough, to trigger rape me.

Also,  how would I go about making a percent chance of something happening? I'm trying to alter aphrodisia so that if the lust goes between a certain percent, it will have a chance to trigger masturbation, if it goes higher, trigger rape, and if the PC is enslaved and the lust is high enough, to trigger rape me.

if ( GetRandomPercent < 60 )

; 60% chance of happening.

endif

Note that GetRandomPercent returns 0-99, so use < instead of <= to check GetRandomPercent or <= 0 will pass 1% of the time.

Thanks Wappy. Hopefully I can get this to work. Fingers crossed ;)

OK, Having some Issues. Here is what I have so far...

scn AphrodisiaActions

Short State
ref SexualDesire
Short CheckEnslaved
ref PlayerEnslaved
ref RapeMe
ref Rape
ref JerkIt

Begin GameMode

set SexualDesire to xLoversAphrodisiaSettingScript
set PlayerEnslaved to IchPlayerSlaveQuestScript
set CheckEnslaved to 1
set RapeMe to xLoversRaperSMeSpellScript
set Rape to xLoversRaperSInitRape
set JerkIt to xLoversMB2SpellSelfSC

GetRandomPercent

If PlayerEnslaved == 1 && SexualDesire >= 76 && GetRandomPercent <80 
    set RapeMe to 1
   elseif PlayerEnslaved == 0 && SexualDesire >= 76 && GetRandomPercent <80 
    set Rape to 1
   elseif PlayerEnslaved == 0 && SexualDesire >=65 && SexualDesire <=75 && GetRandomPercent <30 
    set JerkIt to 1
  endif
end

It compiled, but how do I get the random percent to check every few seconds once sexual desire is over 65?

@fienyx
Any info you use from another plugin, it is best to make sure the plugin is actually loaded first.
Then set the info you want to your own variables. Otherwise you will have to 'Master' each plugin
to your modified plugin (not something you want to be in the habit of doing except for Lovers with PK.esm).
You might check post#60 above for some examples of doing this.
WappyOne has provided a specific function for external calls to his system with a lot of control for you.
Info in the included readme.

scn AphrodisiaActions
Short CheckEnslaved

Begin GameMode

set PlayerEnslaved to IchPlayerSlaveQuestScript

GetRandomPercent

If PlayerEnslaved == 1 && SexualDesire >= 76 && GetRandomPercent <80 
    set RapeMe to 1
    [...]
end

It compiled, but how do I get the random percent to check every few seconds once sexual desire is over 65?

Okay, this is entirely wrong. It compiles but it totally meaningless code. You are comparing a script reference as if it were a variable contained within the quest script. A little surprised it isn't outright crashing Oblivion.

You have two options for what you are trying to accomplish:

1) Use PSE as a Master. This means loading it in CSE at the same time as your plugin. Then you can change the if to:

If IchSlaveQuest.PlayerEnslaved == 1 && [Same thing for aphro script].SexualDesire >= 76 && GetRandomPercent < 80
2) Without mastering PSE, find it with OBSE, assign it's quest to a reference and use it that way:

ref rIchSlaveQuest

set rIchSlaveQuest to GetFormFromMOD "PlayerSlaveEncounters.esp" "01B017"

if eval ( GetVariable rTmp "PlayerEnslave" == 1 && GetVariable rAphroQuestName.SexualDesire >= 76 && GetRandomPercent < 80
The first method is much simpler, but restricts your addon to requiring PSE be installed or it won't even load.

The second method is a little more complex, but can function with or without PSE ( Though the above will need an additional check to see if GetFormFromMOD succeeded ).

Also you don't need to declare GetRandomPercent on it's own line before using. It is a function, not a variable.

As for checking every few seconds, that will happen automaticaly with any quest script in a Begin GameMode block. The default is run the script every 5 seconds, you can change that with the fQuestDelay variable.

OK, well, this is where I must stop for the night. My MS is kicking up real bad and my eyeballs feel like they could explode.

it won't let me use  set me to getself

Here's what I have now

scn AphrodisiaActions

Short State
ref rxLoversAphrodisiaMain
ref rIchSlaveQuest
ref rxLoversRapersInitRape
ref rRapist
ref rVictim
ref tar
ref me
ref rxLoversMB2SpellSelf

Begin GameMode

set rxLoversAphrodisiaMain to GetFormFromMOD "LoversAphrodisia.esp" "000ED5"
set rIchSlaveQuest to GetFormFromMOD "PlayerSlaveEncounters.esp" "01B018"
set rxLoversRapersInitRape to GetFormFromMOD "LoversRaperS.esp" "080000"
set tar to player
set me to getself
set rxLoversMB2SpellSelf to GetFormFromMOD "LoversMB2.esp" "004C62"

If eval ( GetVariable rTmp "PlayerEnslave" == 1 && GetVariable rxLoversAphrodisiaMain.aphrodisiaLv >= 76 && GetRandomPercent < 85
    set rRapist to tar
    set rVictim to me
    set rxLoversRapersInitRape to 1
   elseIf eval ( GetVariable rTmp "PlayerEnslave" == 0 && GetVariable rxLoversAphrodisiaMain.aphrodisiaLv >= 76 && GetRandomPercent < 85
    set rRapist to me
    set rVictim to tar
   elseIf eval ( GetVariable rTmp "PlayerEnslave" == 0 && GetVariable rxLoversAphrodisiaMain.aphrodisiaLv >=65 && GetVariable rxLoversAphrodisiaMain.aphrodisiaLv <=75 && GetRandomPercent <35 
    set rxLoversMB2SpellSelf to 1
  endif
end

OK, well, this is where I must stop for the night. My MS is kicking up real bad and my eyeballs feel like they could explode.

it won't let me use  set me to getself

Here's what I have now

scn AphrodisiaActions

Short State
ref rxLoversAphrodisiaMain
ref rIchSlaveQuest
ref rxLoversRapersInitRape
ref rRapist
ref rVictim
ref tar
ref me
ref rxLoversMB2SpellSelf

Begin GameMode

set rxLoversAphrodisiaMain to GetFormFromMOD "LoversAphrodisia.esp" "000ED5"
set rIchSlaveQuest to GetFormFromMOD "PlayerSlaveEncounters.esp" "01B018"
set rxLoversRapersInitRape to GetFormFromMOD "LoversRaperS.esp" "080000"
set tar to player
set me to getself
set rxLoversMB2SpellSelf to GetFormFromMOD "LoversMB2.esp" "004C62"

If eval ( GetVariable rTmp "PlayerEnslave" == 1 && GetVariable rxLoversAphrodisiaMain.aphrodisiaLv >= 76 && GetRandomPercent < 85
    set rRapist to tar
    set rVictim to me
   elseIf eval ( GetVariable rTmp "PlayerEnslave" == 0 && GetVariable rxLoversAphrodisiaMain.aphrodisiaLv >= 76 && GetRandomPercent < 85
    set rRapist to me
    set rVictim to tar
   elseIf eval ( GetVariable rTmp "PlayerEnslave" == 0 && GetVariable rxLoversAphrodisiaMain.aphrodisiaLv >=65 && GetVariable rxLoversAphrodisiaMain.aphrodisiaLv <=75 && GetRandomPercent <35 
    set rxLoversMB2SpellSelf to 1
  endif
end

set me to GetSelf only has meaning if you are running the script as a magic effect (me set to target of spell) or an item (me set to container/actor holding the item). Has no meaning in a quest script, which I assume this is.

Before the if I'd suggest the following to simplify working with/without PSE:

short bEnslaved

if ( IsFormValid rIchSlaveQuest )
   set bEnslaved to GetVariable rIchSlaveQuest "PlayerEnslaved"
else
   set bEnslaved to 0
endif
So if PSE is found, bEnslaved is 0/1 based on the PlayerEnslaved variable, otherwise always set to 0. Changes your first if statement to:

If eval ( bEnslaved == 1 && GetVariable rxLoversAphrodisiaMain "aphrodisiaLv" >= 76 && GetRandomPercent < 85 )
GetVariable rxLoversAphrodisiaMain.aphrodisiaLv was wrong, references don't act directly like pointers from other languages, you can only use [questname].[variable] directly, not [reftoquest].[variable]. That level of indirection is what GetVariable is for.