What is a skeleton

technus19

All skyrim bodies have a skeleton. Each skeleton has 'bones' which enable clothing and animation to sit correctly on the bodies.

E.G.

If you want a body with bouncing boobs then you need a skeleton that adds these extra 'bones' so a mod can make a boob bounce animation.

If you guys don't mind, some more noob questions...

I think I'm currently using the skeleton from the CHSBHC - BBP mod.  If I made the switch to xp32 max,

1. Would I be able to use a tbbp armor on my UNPB follower and a bbp armor on my CBBE follower?
  2. Could I keep the animation files from the CHSBHC - BBP mod?  Or is pds123 referring to another animation mod?

UNPB unp cbbe tbbp all are different mesh types, they generally use the same skeleton. You can't really mix armors and body types sometimes it will result in a ctd.

You can use a unp armor on a unpb body but you won't get the correct scale. If you use a bbp armor on anybody type without the correct skeleton for the bbp animations it will result in a ctd.

It's best to pick one body type and stick with it but if you pick a popular body type then there's generally a conversion of an armor for that body or if not there's a request thread for some body type armor conversions. You could learn how to modify armors yourself. 

Archived