Skyrim SexLab - Sex Animation Framework v1.62 - UPDATED Jun 3rd 2016

Hello people,

say, what can cause animations not to play as intended, but resulting in one or both (or more) actors to T-pose? I can't try any new animations pack beyond Leito's completed work, because all animations T-pose. Sometimes even those animations fail that normally work - but only, when I select it directly via SL tools.

Of course, I did a fresh install of SL, FNIS, the skeleton, animation loader, all animations, ran FNIS several times. I also had the idea that somewhere in my MO I once placed the files created by FNIS, so I'm overwriting my old results by accident... but I simply cant find anything.

What would be the logical way to proceed? Switch everything off and activate one by one, trial and error? Or is there some prominent bug that causes animations to T-pose? It can't be because of using too many at one setup, since it even occurs with vanilla SL + Leito + Anub.

Thanks in advance for your advice, people.

T-Pose is typically due to either not running FNIS, or FNIS getting errors during the run that the user needs to fix.  The only other time that T-pose can occur (that I know of) is papyrus slowness (rare - can happen with really slow machines) or the actual animations are missing (and these last 2 can be for any mods with animations, not just SL related).  Post your COMPLETE FNIS output - run FNIS, right-click in the results area at the top, select all, copy, then paste in a post here.  Preferably in a spoiler tag:  [ spoler ]FNIS output here[ /spoiler ]     (remove the spaces to make the tag work).

Hello people,

say, what can cause animations not to play as intended, but resulting in one or both (or more) actors to T-pose? I can't try any new animations pack beyond Leito's completed work, because all animations T-pose. Sometimes even those animations fail that normally work - but only, when I select it directly via SL tools.

Of course, I did a fresh install of SL, FNIS, the skeleton, animation loader, all animations, ran FNIS several times. I also had the idea that somewhere in my MO I once placed the files created by FNIS, so I'm overwriting my old results by accident... but I simply cant find anything.

What would be the logical way to proceed? Switch everything off and activate one by one, trial and error? Or is there some prominent bug that causes animations to T-pose? It can't be because of using too many at one setup, since it even occurs with vanilla SL + Leito + Anub.

T-Pose is typically due to either not running FNIS, or FNIS getting errors during the run that the user needs to fix.  The only other time that T-pose can occur (that I know of) is papyrus slowness (rare - can happen with really slow machines) or the actual animations are missing (and these last 2 can be for any mods with animations, not just SL related).  Post your COMPLETE FNIS output - run FNIS, right-click in the results area at the top, select all, copy, then paste in a post here.  Preferably in a spoiler tag:  [ spoler ]FNIS output here[ /spoiler ]     (remove the spaces to make the tag work).

FNIS Behavior V6.3   12.01.2017 22:05:36

Skyrim: 1.9.32.0 - D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ (Steam)

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)   male: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)

Patch: "GENDER Specific Animations"

Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix"

Installing FNIS PCEA2

Reading AnimationsByLeito V1.0 ...

Reading AnimationsByLeito_Aggressive V1.0 ...

Reading AnimationsByLeito_Creatures V1.0 ...

Reading AnimationsByLeito_Furniture V1.0 ...

Reading Anubs Human V1.0 ...

Reading BeeingFemale V2.7 ...

Reading FNISBase V6.3 ...

Reading FNISCreatureVersion V6.1 ...

Reading FNISSexyMove V6.1  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 18 alternate animations) ...

Reading FNIS_PCEA2 V1.3  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 560 alternate animations) ...

Reading K4Anims V1.0 ...

Reading MNC V?.? ...

Reading SexLab V1.62 ...

Reading SexLabAroused V?.? ...

Reading SexLabCreature V1.61 ...

Reading XPMSE V6.1  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 164 alternate animations) ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files ...

No GENDER directory male

No GENDER directory female

mt_behavior usage: 5,8 %   ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 chair, 87 alternate animations)

0_master usage: 9,0 %   ( 0 paired, 0 kill, 156 alternate animations)

Alternate Animation mods: 3 sets: 47 total groups: 100 added file slots: 1165 alternate files: 742

Create Creature Behaviors ...

Reading MNC V?.? ...

Reading SexLabCreature V1.62 ...

Reading K4Anims V?.? ...

3423 animations for 16 mods successfully included (character)

1195 animations for 4 mods and 37 creatures successfully included.

0 possible consistence issues

Thanks for your feedback. Here you go for the FNIS log. Please inform if you find anything suspicious.

Hello people,

Installing FNIS PCEA2

Reading FNISSexyMove V6.1  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 18 alternate animations) ...

Reading FNIS_PCEA2 V1.3  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 560 alternate animations) ...

Reading K4Anims V1.0 ...

Reading MNC V?.? ...

Reading SexLab V1.62 ...

Reading XPMSE V6.1  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 164 alternate animations) ...

No GENDER directory male

mt_behavior usage: 5,8 %   ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 chair, 87 alternate animations)

Alternate Animation mods: 3 sets: 47 total groups: 100 added file slots: 1165 alternate files: 742

Reading MNC V?.? ...

Reading K4Anims V?.? ...

Thanks for your feedback. Here you go for the FNIS log. Please inform if you find anything suspicious.

The only thing that stands out is that you have "Gender Specific Animation" option checked, but you have no mod for it nor any gender specific animations...

No GENDER directory male

Disable that option and try again.

Hello people,

Installing FNIS PCEA2
Reading K4Anims V1.0 ...
Reading MNC V?.? ...
Reading SexLab V1.62 ...

No GENDER directory male

Reading MNC V?.? ...
Reading K4Anims V?.? ...

The only thing that stands out is that you have "Gender Specific Animation" option checked, but you have no mod for it nor any gender specific animations...

No GENDER directory male

Once again, thanks for the feedback. Did that, will test out ASAP.

As for the memory subject: I did some further re-install, this time including the AiO HDT pussy: strangely the bodies lost HDT effects, but all the animations were loaded. Even on a new game start. I'm guessing that somewhere in my MO setup there is something that causes these random bugs.

Nevertheless, will report in with new results as soon as I have them. Hope that's okay :)

I feel sorry for all the players using Mod Organizer, Nexus Mod Manager (NMM), and similar mod management tools.

Half the time you're not sure if you are dealing with a MO or NMM bug or a bug with a mod.  I've been playing Skyrim since 11-11-11 and have learned from hard experience not to trust utilities such as MO and NMM.  They've costed me too much time and headaches in the past.  They will sometimes not install or uninstall mods properly or leave old files behind or not replace old files when updating, etc. and break your load order/game.

The truth is that the majority of the mod and optimization gurus for Skyrim don't use these utilities.  I install 100% of my mods manually and have for the past four years.  If a mistake is made it is my mistake, not some program fouling things up.  I have enough to troubleshoot without constantly questioning a mod management utility.  Most of the authors of the major Skyrim utilities such as TES5Edit feel the same way.

New players are often encouraged to use these utilities to make life simpler but I believe it to be a mistake in the long run.  Installing mods manually is a valuable learning tool in understanding how Skyrim's file and folder structures work.  I'm so happy that I don't have to troubleshoot these utilities and their bugs anymore.

Hello people,

Installing FNIS PCEA2
Reading K4Anims V1.0 ...
Reading MNC V?.? ...
Reading SexLab V1.62 ...

No GENDER directory male

Reading MNC V?.? ...
Reading K4Anims V?.? ...

No GENDER directory male

So, here I am again. All animations load wonderful, but the HDT effects wont work now, as stated above. Since this is no longer a SL subject, I'll continue my search for the true culprit. Thanks very much for pointing me in the right way. :)

I'm using a custom race (http://mod.dysintropi.me/eiries-ohmes-raht-race-v1-1/) and Sexlab always use "global" for

animation. Why Sexlab didn't recognize this race(and it'll be great if you support this race)?

Sexlab will use its own allignment, if the player is using vanilla race(e.g., bretonracef.bretonracem)

Also, the new "CTD fix" checkbox works. I was getting CTD 60% of the time when I start the animation.

After I enabled it, the problem was solved. HOWEVER, the animation allignment becomes really bad

because it is not property setscaled.

I thought the alignment would be horrible also when the CTD fix was enabled but I only saw minor issues.  You can make manual alignment changes and SexLab will remember them.  Just export your settings every so often.  It takes a while but I have most of the animations aligned now through manual adjustments.

I would much rather have smooth gameplay and make some manual alignment adjustments than CTD frequently.

I've asked this question before and no one had a fix for it so I'll ask it again.  Rarely, one of the actors is invisible during a SexLab scene.  It usually happens when only two actors are involved, the player and an NPC.  I haven't found a way to refresh the actor during the scene to make them visible again without breaking the scene.  They always turn visible once the scene ends.  This is the only issue I have with SexLab and it doesn't happen a lot.  My game runs nearly flawlessly and is well optimized so it isn't my setup.  I can play the game smoothly for five hours at a time without issues.  I'm pretty sure it is a SexLab or FNIS bug.

I get this issue, but I find it's always with the same small subset of actors, so perhaps there is something with their background data causing the issue?

I feel sorry for all the players using Mod Organizer, Nexus Mod Manager (NMM), and similar mod management tools.

Half the time you're not sure if you are dealing with a MO or NMM bug or a bug with a mod.  I've been playing Skyrim since 11-11-11 and have learned from hard experience not to trust utilities such as MO and NMM.  They've costed me too much time and headaches in the past.  They will sometimes not install or uninstall mods properly or leave old files behind or not replace old files when updating, etc. and break your load order/game.

The truth is that the majority of the mod and optimization gurus for Skyrim don't use these utilities.  I install 100% of my mods manually and have for the past four years.  If a mistake is made it is my mistake, not some program fouling things up.  I have enough to troubleshoot without constantly questioning a mod management utility.  Most of the authors of the major Skyrim utilities such as TES5Edit feel the same way.

New players are often encouraged to use these utilities to make life simpler but I believe it to be a mistake in the long run.  Installing mods manually is a valuable learning tool in understanding how Skyrim's file and folder structures work.  I'm so happy that I don't have to troubleshoot these utilities and their bugs anymore.

no

I've asked this question before and no one had a fix for it so I'll ask it again.  Rarely, one of the actors is invisible during a SexLab scene.  It usually happens when only two actors are involved, the player and an NPC.  I haven't found a way to refresh the actor during the scene to make them visible again without breaking the scene.  They always turn visible once the scene ends.  This is the only issue I have with SexLab and it doesn't happen a lot.  My game runs nearly flawlessly and is well optimized so it isn't my setup.  I can play the game smoothly for five hours at a time without issues.  I'm pretty sure it is a SexLab or FNIS bug.

I get this issue, but I find it's always with the same small subset of actors, so perhaps there is something with their background data causing the issue?

I tried turning off auto teleport in SexLab and it didn't help.  It's almost like the actors have the Silence perk and turn invisible while sneaking.  I've seen it happen on actors that don't have the Silence perk so I'm unsure what is happening.  It would be awesome to figure out why they sometimes turn invisible and stay invisible until the scene is over.  I'm glad that I'm not the only player seeing this issue.

Since you are seeing this issue also lets see if there is something common among our setups.  I'm using the following:

Very high end gaming PC

Better Males

CBBE TBBP

XP32 Maximum Skeleton 1.96

Custom Bodyslide preset

All humanoid textures replaced with improved HD ones

Textures optimized with Ordenador - Optimizer Textures  (minimal setting)

ENB .308

FNIS - latest version

I'm not using HDT Physics or any HDT mods

SexLab mods:

SexLab.esm
ZaZAnimationPack.esm
SexLabAroused.esm (redux version)
MiasLair.esp
SexLab_Solutions.esp
SLAnimLoader.esp
SLALAnimObj.esp
Sexual Vampire Feed.esp
SLAL_AnimationsByLeito.esp
NonSexLabAnimationPack.esp (has since been replaced but I haven't updated yet)
SAP.esp
NibblesAnimObjects.esp
SexLabMassMatchMaker.esp
CollegeDaysWinterhold.esp
SexLab-AmorousAdventures.esp
SexLab_DibellaCult.esp
SexLabDefeat.esp
SexLab Eager NPCs.esp
SLA Monitor Widget.esp

Note:  I highly recommend all of the above mods.  I've removed all the buggy ones in past setups.  All the mods are the latest version except for NonSexLabAnimationPack.esp which has been replaced with another mod.

Regarding zero stamina CTD; I have the same problem, solved it with setting stamina very high with setav command. I noticed that CTD doesn't occur when I disable audio device, so it is possible that there is problem with player exhaustion sound being played and sexlab.

Regarding zero stamina CTD; I have the same problem, solved it with setting stamina very high with setav command. I noticed that CTD doesn't occur when I disable audio device, so it is possible that there is problem with player exhaustion sound being played and sexlab.

In other words the problem is with the mod that checks the stamina to play sounds and not with Sexlab which has nothing to do with stamina in any way shape or form.

Question about NPC resizing after sex animations this has sometimes lock my game, but does not crash to desktop. Anyway to stop the resizing sex animations? 

Note: I have not changes the default setting in frameworks SexLabFramework v162 FULL

Having the 'Startup CTD Fix' enabled in SexLab will prevent most of the resizing from occurring.  I've never had an issue with the player or NPCs being the wrong size after the animation finishes.  If you have the 'Startup CTD Fix' enabled in SexLab and are having this issue you may have something interfering with the SexLab scripts or an overburdened papyrus engine causing the SexLab scripts to fail.  I would enable logging in Skyrim.ini and see what your papyrus log is telling you.

Question about NPC resizing after sex animations this has sometimes lock my game, but does not crash to desktop. Anyway to stop the resizing sex animations?

Note: I have not changes the default setting in frameworks SexLabFramework v162 FULL

Having the 'Startup CTD Fix' enabled in SexLab will prevent most of the resizing from occurring.  I've never had an issue with the player or NPCs being the wrong size after the animation finishes.  If you have the 'Startup CTD Fix' enabled in SexLab and are having this issue you may have something interfering with the SexLab scripts or an overburdened papyrus engine causing the SexLab scripts to fail.  I would enable logging in Skyrim.ini and see what your papyrus log is telling you.

By the way thank you for your help !

Papyrus log looks ok to me no errors shows disabled for scaling so I guess some other mod maybe over writing this. But I don't see anything in the log..

ActorAlias[Andrew] Player  - Scales[1.030000/ DISABLED] Expression[sad] BaseEnjoyment[8]
SEXLAB - ActorAlias[Recorder] NPC  - Equipment: [[Form < (1E003074)>], [Form < (1E00100C)>], [Form < (1E003071)>], [Form < (37005555)>]]
SEXLAB - ActorAlias[Recorder]  NPC - Scales[1.102100/ DISABLED] Voice[Mature (Female)] Expression[sad] BaseEnjoyment[4]

Ashal - Some time ago I saw animation length set to 90 seconds in MCM menu to be considered as "valid" and registered in the Player's diary.  I looked for that option again since I want to reduce it to 60 seconds, but can't find it. Is it removed from the settings in 1.62 version? If it is still there, where can I find it? Thank you.

I agree with you but only to a certain point. :)

One doesn't have to forget that there are many people who doesn't speak English well or at all. Reading and understanding some instructions given by certain mod author aren't (always) easy to understand. I remember when one LL friend of mine gave the the full instruction how to install certain mod manually.  Although he did a good job, I still didn't know what to do and how to do it. Because I didn't understand. Maybe I'm stupid?! It doesn't mater if I am. What matters is the mod managers are made for people like us; who doesn't speak and understand English very well and can easily screw up our game.

One might say: why don't you learn manual installation? Why???!!! Because I can't learn something that I don't understand!!!! very simple.

Personally, I'm thankful for both competitive mod managers: NMM and MO. They are very helpful to us and do the things we don't know how to do it. I don't mind if they screw up my game sometimes. I would be more pissed off I screwed my game then mod manager. Because Manager knows much more about mod installing then I do. :)

Saying this, I don't want to start any debate or discussion or arguing. I'm just stressing our my point. :)

I agree with you but only to a certain point. :)

One doesn't have to forget that there are many people who doesn't speak English well or at all. Reading and understanding some instructions given by certain mod author aren't (always) easy to understand. I remember when one LL friend of mine gave the the full instruction how to install certain mod manually.  Although he did a good job, I still didn't know what to do and how to do it. Because I didn't understand. Maybe I'm stupid?! It doesn't mater if I am. What matters is the mod managers are made for people like us; who doesn't speak and understand English very well and can easily screw up our game.

One might say: why don't you learn manual installation? Why???!!! Because I can't learn something that I don't understand!!!! very simple.

Personally, I'm thankful for both competitive mod managers: NMM and MO. They are very helpful to us and do the things we don't know how to do it. I don't mind if they screw up my game sometimes. I would be more pissed off I screwed my game then mod manager. Because Manager knows much more about mod installing then I do. :)

Saying this, I don't want to start any debate or discussion or arguing. I'm just stressing our my point. :)

I don't agree with some of your conclusions.  Nearly all mods install in a similar fashion.  Nearly all files are copied and pasted into the Data folder.  The only tricky manually installs are those based on FOMOD.  Even those aren't too difficult to figure out, you just have to install the modules applicable to your setup.  Very few mods have specialty installation instructions.  When they do, they usually involved changing an INI setting or something similar.

Mod Organizer users have to do quite a bit of reading in order to get everything setup correctly.  There are lots of special instructions on how to get everything working together, especially with the various utilities out there such as FNIS, LOOT, Wrye Bash, TES5Edit, and the Creation Kit.  Players must perform a lot of tweaking to get it fully functional.  This requires more reading, not less.

With manual installation you just have to learn the basics of Skyrim's file and folder structure.  Once you understand that, most manual installs are simple and easy.  It does take longer to manually install a mod than using a mod manager, I acknowledge that.  It is also takes more time to uninstall a mod manually.

Every six months since MO and NMM were released they have had at least one major bug that broke player's load order/setups/game.  Simply, I got tired of fighting mod managers and their bugs and started installing all mods manually.  I spent two months fighting one bug only to find out it was the mod manager that caused it!  No more!

If players want to use them great.  I'm much happier now that I don't have to wonder if a bug is being caused by my mod manager.  Since I install all mods manually, I've eliminated half of my troubleshooting time.

Mod managers give players a false sense of safety.  Since it is so easy to install and uninstall mods using a mod manager, players do this freely mid-game.  Once you start a new game you shouldn't add, update, or remove mods unless it is absolutely necessary.  I call this the golden rule of modding.  Players break their game all the time by doing this (breaking the golden rule).  Some mod managers also will default to auto update new versions of the mods for you.  Updates are not always safe to install mid-game.  I've seen numerous mod updates break playthroughs over the years.  You should only update a mod mid game if the update fixes a problem that YOU are experiencing AND the mod author says that it can be installed mid-game safely.

Most of the authors of utilities such as TES5Edit, Wrye Bash, LOOT, FNIS, etc. don't use mod managers.  They prefer to have total control of their load order and mod setup.

Does anybody know if there's a way to test sexlab animations that use more than one actor? Currently by highlighting a character as a target you can only test two person animations, I'm wondering if there is a way to test three and four person animations, or to select enough targets to do so. Thanks!

You can use the SexLab MassMatchMaker mod to select as many targets as you desire.

Hi, just a quick question I haven't been able to find in the past 15 mins of googling.

How is SexLab gender preference determined for NPCs? Is it randomly generated, or preset for all vanilla NPCs? I'm running some mods like Further Lover's Comfort and SLEN, and I want to make sure that SexLab doesn't make, say, Ulfberth War-Bear gay, as he has a wife. If that were the case, FLC just wouldn't work as intended when I have the "Use SexLab Sexuality" option checked.

Also I'm curious.

Hi, just a quick question I haven't been able to find in the past 15 mins of googling.

How is SexLab gender preference determined for NPCs? Is it randomly generated, or preset for all vanilla NPCs? I'm running some mods like Further Lover's Comfort and SLEN, and I want to make sure that SexLab doesn't make, say, Ulfberth War-Bear gay, as he has a wife. If that were the case, FLC just wouldn't work as intended when I have the "Use SexLab Sexuality" option checked.

Also I'm curious.

I think that Vanilla game determinate the sexual/gender preferences. Therefore I'm using excellent "Manipulator" mod by great modder, ffabris and changes all females into bisexuals. ;)

I'm using the Nabu Demon Futunari race in my mod

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70244/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2F

And I can't seem to convince Sexlab to not put a strapon on her.

I've tried giving her the Keyword "treatmale" -- no luck

I've tried creating a global sexlab hook that, if sex starts and she's one of the actors, TreatasMale(), -- no effect

I've tried using the global hook to remove the strap-on, but not only does it keep trying to put it back on, for some reason it keeps trying to redress her

So, any ideas here?