• 2 weeks later...

I'm done compiling the mod. I'll pm them to you those who want it, I'm not posting it here until i can remember everyone to credit.

But before everything else. I still need help!

I'm going to test it in game, but I just recently moved the entire skyrim directory to a new drive. When I go to data files, I cannot enable or disable mods because they don't appear there. Can anyone please help?

also i'm going to list the issues, i hope you can live with them:

mesh:

- mermaid mesh has gap seams at the wrist and neck, they said this is easily fixable.

- there are no other variations of the mermaid mesh yet.

- as a mermaid, the only outfit is a shell bra. vanilla or custom armors cannot be worn. mermans are topless.

- the tail fin is stiff, it doesn't move naturally like a fish.

animations:

- when on land as a mermaid, sometimes the mermaid stands up, this is due to incomplete animations.

- when casting magic or using weapons on land, the mermaid uses the same animations as other humanoids, this is because there were no animations for made for this.

But before everything else. I still need help!

I'm going to test it in game, but I just recently moved the entire skyrim directory to a new drive. When I go to data files, I cannot enable or disable mods because they don't appear there. Can anyone please help?

This is because Skyrim stores the location of it's installation directory in the registry, so you need to change it there:

1. Start windows registry editor (type regedit in command line)

2. Open in it the path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bethesda Softworks\Skyrim

3. Change the parameter Installed Path (write here the new location of your game)

And just a little warning: never ask/talk about this thing on the Nexus. They ban people for changing the installation path of the game.

also i'm going to list the issues, i hope you can live with them:

mesh:

- mermaid mesh has gap seams at the wrist and neck, they said this is easily fixable.

This is probably a texture issue. Might be fixable with Texblend, but Idk for sure. Anyways, I'm definitely interested in one of those PMs

This is because Skyrim stores the location of it's installation directory in the registry, so you need to change it there:
1. Start windows registry editor (type regedit in command line)
2. Open in it the path:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bethesda Softworks\Skyrim
3. Change the parameter Installed Path (write here the new location of your game)
And just a little warning: never ask/talk about this thing on the Nexus. They ban people for changing the installation path of the game.

Thank you for that easy instruction Scorpion. I was able to test it in game.

I found more issues:

textures:

The body textures don't quite match.

animations:

- The movement animations sometimes clip through the ground especially when on a slope.

- The fire and forget animation as a mermaid looks bad, actually all casting and weapon animations look bad as a mermaid.

I finally packed the mermaid race mod. I archived the meshes and animations so they will be easy to uninstall. Also please make sure to make a back up save before trying it.

I finally made a list of who to credit. If you don't like your files included just tell and I'll remove them. If I have not included you tell me what you made and I'll add you. If I have miscredited correct me.

http://www.loverslab.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=278219

credits

swim animations - by suludi
mermaid and merman mesh - by sunspot2
land movement animations (incomplete) - by kikidelivery

all compiled into one bsa file by firepower02

always make a backup save first before playing incase something goes wrong.