Although land animations for the race would be wonderful, I really wouldn't mind a mod like Ashara's Sirens and Tritons, where the race immediately switch between aquatic and land form depending on water depth.

If all that's left is the land animations, and if the race's tail switches to legs on land and the other way around in water, would you consider releasing the mod now? Please? I personally have been waiting for this mod ever since this thread started, which was 2.6 years ago, and the wait is becoming painful at this point. The released version never has to be the final version, right? Why not release it now and make adjustments and improvements based on both personal desires and user feedback?

Although land animations for the race would be wonderful, I really wouldn't mind a mod like Ashara's Sirens and Tritons, where the race immediately switch between aquatic and land form depending on water depth.

If all that's left is the land animations, and if the race's tail switches to legs on land and the other way around in water, would you consider releasing the mod now? Please? I personally have been waiting for this mod ever since this thread started, which was 2.6 years ago, and the wait is becoming painful at this point. The released version never has to be the final version, right? Why not release it now and make adjustments and improvements based on both personal desires and user feedback?

But there isnt much water in skyrim :(

But there isnt much water in skyrim :(

There acutally is quite alot of water in skyrim. And think about the waterfalls and the ponds and lakes and all that.

I wouldn't mind a mod in the style of asharas sirens and tritons either. Im all for that idea.

Still hoping for land crawl :(

You'd better start learning to animate then................

Sure you can say there's plenty of water in skyrim, but the tail switching does not happen when in shallow water or a waterfall, it happens when they start swimming. I could not find a condition function for it. So yes, you can say there's very little time for swimming. Having land animations makes it feel more mermaidy. If someone wants to work on land movement animations, I can upload the mermaid and merman meshes.

Yeah maybe it might motivate an animator to get involved, it was one of the things interesting me about Skyrim. I've given up on Skyrim now completely FO4 is out maybe we could port it to FO4

+1 this

When i made my latest character i got aquagirl early on and in my head she wound up mutating gills and actually turns into a mermiad when she swims (i'm also trying to add glow maps to eyes to explain night persons night vision with cat like eyes)

Why doesnt it worrk when the character is in water? why do you have to swim for the tail to activate?

Isnt it possible to make the tail an effect (like in asharas sirens and tritons) that activates everytime the character gets wet? And maybe a spell?

If you have a little experience with CK, you will know because the game only recognizes it when you start swimming, not when standing in shallow water. You turn to a mermaid when you start swimming. It can also recognize rain, but not when you're under an awning, so if you want to transform when raining, you will still transform even if you're not hit by rain. The wet transformation wont make sense anymore.

Yes but like I said, not when wet, but when swimming. Yes.

Why doesnt it worrk when the character is in water? why do you have to swim for the tail to activate?

Isnt it possible to make the tail an effect (like in asharas sirens and tritons) that activates everytime the character gets wet? And maybe a spell?

If you have a little experience with CK, you will know because the game only recognizes it when you start swimming, not when standing in shallow water. You turn to a mermaid when you start swimming. It can also recognize rain, but not when you're under an awning, so if you want to transform when raining, you will still transform even if you're not hit by rain. The wet transformation wont make sense anymore.

Yes but like I said, not when wet, but when swimming. Yes.

Aaah I see, thanks for the expanation :)

And if I understood the rain thing correctly, it works like this: Even if its raining anywhere in skyrim you will transform. It doesnt depend on whether or not you get hit by the rain, only the fact that it IS raining it will transform you? 

Can you guys recommend any sites other than reddit/nexus so that I can at least help in finding modders for the land animators? I myself, don't know how to animate/mod but I will try to at least help you guys in finding some people who can help with the files and stuff

Please do, when you find someone, I will send you the meshes to work with.

Aaah I see, thanks for the expanation :)

And if I understood the rain thing correctly, it works like this: Even if its raining anywhere in skyrim you will transform. It doesnt depend on whether or not you get hit by the rain, only the fact that it IS raining it will transform you? 

Yes. It can be prevented if you're in interior when it's raining, but still won't matter if that interior has no roof. It still won't make sense.

Add land movement animations to replace running/walking/sprinting/bleeding out/sneaking. It will technically be the same animations re used multiple times. We also need spell casting, and unarmed animations. Spell casting animation for when the mermaid cast magic to transform into human, and unarmed combat animations so the mermaid can attack in mermaid form. Why unarrmed? It's fewer animations than having to make animations for every weapon type.

Can you guys recommend any sites other than reddit/nexus so that I can at least help in finding modders for the land animators? I myself, don't know how to animate/mod but I will try to at least help you guys in finding some people who can help with the files and stuff

Can you contact the person who made Dragon Priest Animation for Playable Races by Nahkriin

Messaged the modder on nexus, hope he replies