View File

Type N Body Replacer

This body is a based on Luchaire's Type V with three distinct differences:

• Narrow shoulders common to Type 3 have been added.
  • Now uses the BnB "bouncy girl" animations and skeleton.
  • Uses smaller hands for girls instead of vanilla gorilla hands.

Armor conversions for:

• Vanilla FONV
  • Vanilla FO3
  • All FONV DLCs
  • All FO3 DLCs

Installation for FO3/FONV/TTW

A script now handles the dirty business! sleepy.gif

1. Pick which type of install: FO3, FONV DLC, FONV TTW or plain old FONV.
  2. Choose a "down there" texture.

Important Caveat

• The esp's modify a few vanilla outfits! You'll want to use FONVEdit or FO3Edit to resolve any conflicts!

Quickie FAQ

• TTW!? I don't use that!!

Doesn't matter, you can still use this with standard FONV.
  • BnB!? Does this mean most vanilla outfits are topless??

NO! I tried to keep to the original intent for existing clothing. I did take a little creative license on a few outfits but nothing is crazy. (Well, OK, half the vanilla outfits were crazy... biggrin.png) At any rate, you're not going to encounter old women with girls hanging out. (At least, I don't think so... confused.gif)
  • Are outfits crazy bouncy like the standard BnB!?

No! The "without apparel" body has a reasonable amount of jiggly. Outfits reduce this to varying levels from fairly jiggly (skimpy clothing) to not at all (armor).
  • Do I need anything from BnB for this to work!?

No! Everything needed for operation is included in the download.
  • I have some super cool Type3 body textures. Will they work with Type N?

Yes! Body textures for Type N are compatible with Type 3 textures.
  • TTW support? Will this work with FO3 then?

In fact, it should if you don't use the esp. What I'm not sure about is the animations. (Currently anyway!)

Other Type N Conversions:

View File

• 1 month later...

New update primarily to fix the dreaded "detached head" issue. It would only appear if you didn't use a cosmetic mod like Ling's or Mikoto. Also some minor updates to Veronica's outfit (hopefully kills the transparency problem) and finally an actual conversion for the MKII Leather armor. :angel:

Skipped up to version 1.4! I finished the remaining few outfits not converted. (No big deal as they don't really show up much.) The big news is I finally managed to get all the gloves converted over to smaller hands. So no more gorilla hands ever! (Unless I missed one somewhere!) :angel:

And now that everyone has 1.4 installed.... I present 1.41!! No big change here except for fixing leather gloves. (I had somehow missed those!)

Also new minor update for the DLCs. Fixed a mismatched texture problem (hopefully for good). :angel:

• 3 weeks later...

Comfortable with 1.41? Too bad! 1.5!!  :angel:

Added the pre-order DLCs (I never use those so I never considered converting before), a new version of one of the Powder Ganger outfits (I always hated the old one), and fixed the Pre-War Spring Dress so it doesn't require an esp edit for textures. This means the esp only does two things now: adds a 4th Powder Ganger outfit (vanilla only has 3 for girls) and fixes the gloves on one of the settler outfits.

I just realized I've apparently forgotten to upload the alternate textures for several versions now. So, there's a new download available with different "down there" textures to choose from.

I should probably do a nice fomod script for it instead but I never get around to figuring out how to script with it. (Why do that when I can make something else new for a game instead? :angel: )

Uh, well. I got a question. I can't seem to get any of the textures to work. It just shows me a messed up version of a body rather than beautiful textures. The only mods I use besides Type N are FOOK and Mikoto' Beauty Pack. I checked load orders, the folders and stuff. Did I forget something?

To be precise, it looks like this:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/1117172961142786303/BD2CFB5A25E874FEC884AC3CCDBC963D0265A65A/

Thats one of two things: Either you need to cycle Archive Invalidation, or you need to double-check your texture paths. Since she's not purple, I'm gonna go with archive invalidation.

In either NMM or FOMM, it'll be under the Tools drop down menu. Just uncheck it, open the menu again, and recheck it.

Thank you very much, kind sir. It worked out just as you predicted and I'm happy to see the much more beautiful result. Archive Invalidation was the one option I thouroughly forgot due to my lack of playing F:NV for a long while.

Thanks to you it looks fine. c:

• 3 months later...

I love this mod-- the body looks the most like an average girl of any I've found.

I have one BIG question, however: why would my game suddenly refuse to accept a Type 3 body texture it was accepting, previously?

I tried out Sexout Drugs, and it turned out that it permanently disabled all of the doctors' in my game ability to heal.  I could get around that with doctor bags and stimpacks; but, when I became addicted to a drug, I couldn't even find console commands to get rid of addictions.  I tried starting a new game, but that didn't fix the problem; neither did uninstalling all of my mods and starting a new game.  So, I reinstalled the entire game, and reinstalled everything.

Since then, nothing will get other textures to show up-- neither my original procedure (a WinRar file I created containing the files I needed which I installed with the package manager), nor dropping the files into the appropriate folder manually.  The mystery of why is frustrating the Hell out of me.

[if anyone already answered this question in the other obscure thread in which I previously asked it, I apologize.  I couldn't find it, so it probably isn't very active.]

As said above, if textures aren't showing up it's either archive invalidation or bad paths. Generally it's a good idea to cycle invalidation occasionally. If you have Type 3 textures you want to use, install them after installing Type N. Or just manually replace the existing textures yourself. (These days I rarely trust installers as it is.)

As for doctors, no idea if the problem was SexoutDrugs as I don't use that. There are several popular mods that screw up doctors however so don't initially assume it was that one. (I have NO idea why either. Playing with that conversation is totally unnecessary.) To fix it, the best bet is to check out your setup on your own with FNVEdit and correct the conversation that way.

• 2 months later...

I prefer the FO3 running animation to that mess of a running animation in NV anyway. (I've been revisiting FO3 briefly.)

However, as far as I know, the BBB anims used are based off FONV and not FO3. I don't use BBB animations in FO3 and the running animation there is different from the TypeN BBB running animation. (And quite superior in my mind.) So it could be the original BBB anims for FONV were ported from BBB stuff in FO3. Or not, I have no idea as I didn't make them.

Actually, it's probably a good time to consider what new (if any) BBB anims are out and about for FONV. If there are any, just use those to overwrite the TypeN anims. I could swear I made a note of the original BBB anims used but it's not in the description. Must not have made the transition to the new download description. Oops! :angel:

EDIT: This is what happens when one mods way too many different games. OK, the anims used here appear to have been the original BnB (not BBB!) anims. Which, if I'd read my own description, I would have learned! :blush:

If you use any kind of animation replacer in FO3, they could be related. The simple fix of course is to just toss the running anims from TypeN and that should return to whatever the default is with no issues. Well, aside from certain appendages not bouncing anyway. :shy:

• 1 month later...

I wasn't familiar with Type N at all.  I liked the Type 3 Alice body, but there were no armor conversions out there, just a handful.  I like a lot of the body types out there, but I really enjoy the petite frames.  This body replacer fits the bill nicely.  All the conversions done that I've noticed so far are amazing.  I didn't notice if all vanilla armors were done, but in a short time I've seen a lot.  This is a real treat finding Type N Body and all the armors.  Thanks a lot.

New DLC update. Added two new conversions. One for the stealthsuit in Dead Money. (I still haven't run into that one!) And another for a girl version of Dean's tuxedo. There's an esp now just for the tuxedo. Load it after FOOK to see the new outfit. Regardless there's a new tuxedo unrelated to anything in a box in the Brotherhood Bunker when you finish Dead Money.

Oh yes, and while the uploads are wonky, the new DLC update is the download with the gobbledygook.

I've re-downloaded Type N Body Replacer (1.5) 4 times now every time I go to open the zip file it tells me its corrupted, and unable to open. I just found these and I love petites so I had my mouth almost hit the floor when I saw this. My computer downloads zero of it, file shows zero bytes, and instant finish every time I go to download.

Tried it, too.

The DLC seems to be ok, but the replacer file and the alternate textures file have zero bite.

I am glad I have the old version installed already ;)

Lucky, I didn't even notice this when I was first installing mods for new vegas two weeks ago, should looked in more then just the sexout section.