SexoutNG Framework - Installation Guide for Beginners

• 3 months later...

I did the installation correctly, I had the Sexout working with the SexKey plugin, I saw the animations, even took some SC's.

but then I  installed SexoutHookup, the game crashed before start, then a unintalled sexouthookup (just deleted the 1 .esp it had)

back to the game, I couln'd start any amimation, neither with the Sexkey, not even the masturbation hot-key was starting a scene, but the vibrator hot-key was working, proving the sexout was installed.

I did a lot of re-installations and now this: the SexoutHookup is working, but the aniations of sexout just don't want to start.

what I have:

Sexout 2.6.81

SCM

Smaller talk

All in English version

Compatibility Skeleton

I use NMM for all mods, and FOMM for Sexout (since It comes with the installer and I didn't found a manual install)

Mod Configuration Menu

what could be the problem?

It may because you are using a pirate copy. They are known to cause weird issues and if it is not the latest patch then it likely won't work because functions changed.

Also, Loverslab doesn't support pirate copies, so buy the game, its only $10-15 or equivalent on amazon. More sales also make FNV2 more likely.

I did the installation correctly, I had the Sexout working with the SexKey plugin, I saw the animations, even took some SC's.

but then I  installed SexoutHookup, the game crashed before start, then a unintalled sexouthookup (just deleted the 1 .esp it had)

back to the game, I couln'd start any amimation, neither with the Sexkey, not even the masturbation hot-key was starting a scene, but the vibrator hot-key was working, proving the sexout was installed.

I did a lot of re-installations and now this: the SexoutHookup is working, but the aniations of sexout just don't want to start.

what I have:

Sexout 2.6.81

SCM

Smaller talk

All in English version

Compatibility Skeleton

I use NMM for all mods, and FOMM for Sexout (since It comes with the installer and I didn't found a manual install)

Mod Configuration Menu

what could be the problem?

No, no. Don't use NMM. It has issues with Sexout Mods. Use FOMM for all Sexout mods.

Secondly follow the Sexout Guide for Beginners (in my sig) from BruceWayne. Make sure that the NVSE extender and the NVSE is the correct version and loaded correctly following his tutorial.

The above 3 things usually solves most animation issues on legal copies.

After unloading all the mods through NMM and reloading them through FOMM and making sure that your NVSE and NVSE extender11 is correct if you still have problems post a proper load order from FOMM.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got FONV and was uploading mods, I am having this problem where the game crashes on exit after installing sexout. Has there been a fix made for this? If so could it be added to Bruces great installation guide?

Edit: I found a fix with the stutter mod, but you might want to add the information about that in the OP so people realize they didn't install wrong and it is just a issue with sexout and the fix.

I haven't touched FONV in a while, so I wasn't aware that a fix exists. I'll add the information as soon as I find the time. Besides that, the crash on exit isn't anything new, it happened before with other mods as well and doesn't have any negative consequences afaik, other than being inconvenient.

• 2 weeks later...

Open FOMM -> 'Load Order' -> 'Export' -> save as text file -> copy contents to within a [**spoiler] text [/**spoiler] tag, without the **.

Probably you are missing one of the requirements of a mod, for example SCR - Sexout Common Resources, which is guarenteed to cause crash on load.

Having issues with the SexoutNG install.

Mod Manager straight up crashes when I try install it with the package manager and if I try sneaking it in manually it just says it can't load.

Any suggestions?

You might want to try prideslayer's custom built FOMM. I'm not sure what you mean by "sneaking it in", but you can unpack .fomod files with 7-zip or winrar and manually install all the necessary files, but that is only recommended if you know what you're doing.

If that all doesn't help, do what Odessa says and post your LO.

Might not be using FOMM for the mod manager. Might be using MO. If you are using it. Don't FOMM is the only supported mod manager for Sexout. It is unknown what issues might arise using MO. That should be used by someone with great understanding of SExout and their mods and modding in general.

@ BruceWayne. Like the new avatar. Very festive.

Having issues with the SexoutNG install.

Mod Manager straight up crashes when I try install it with the package manager and if I try sneaking it in manually it just says it can't load.

Any suggestions?

Never tired MO myself so can't say if it's good or bad, most of us here use FOMM, so can't help with issues that may be MO related.

• 4 weeks later...

Bruce, nice job on the quick update.

Question are we going with the NVSE Extender 11 as the one to advise the newer users or the Extender 12+. They both work currently. You currently have extender 11 listed.

I have worked some on my sig and was checking some of the links and wonder if it would be advantageous to start linking to 12 which is the reason for the question. Unified front with all use people creating tutorials and all.. ;)

Excellent since these are backwards compatible and people will be moving towards 12+ the advice should be to start moving those newer individuals to 12+ where possible. Just want to get up to speed and ready for someone if I help them with any issues. (or if I make an other tutorial..lol. )

Bruce, nice job on the quick update.

Thank DoctaSax, he made me do it...:P

Actually I've asked DS a similar question about the Extender. I'm a bit out of the loop, so I wasn't quite sure, if the extender is still necessary at all with the new NVSE being released and the possibility of NX already rolled into it.

As always, everyone should feel free to pester me about changes to the installation process and/or requirements, so I can change this guide asap.

From my understanding the extender is still important. However both 11 and 12+ works. I think I would advise people especially those that need these tutorials to use the 12+ as going forward features will be started to be used from 12+ more and more. It is so different and important that Pride made a new post for it in the downloads section. So if you have a link to the extender make sure it is correct. When clicking on it you will have both options. If you only get a download it is the old one.

DS is such a slave driver don't you think Bruce... :P