Hey there!

It's been a while since I've looked at this mod. It's always been one of my favorites. A long time ago I suggested the possibility of player executions, perhaps as a consequence for repeated offense. I was told (a long time ago) that the player execution animation from the beginning of the vanilla game is too hard to work with, but today I was looking on the Nexus and I found this mod. If you are captured by the Thalmor, you can be beheaded, and it shows the beheading in first person. That being the case, is there away for this to be integrated with PO? I'd really, really love for that to be a thing.

Since I am into a continuous narrative rather than game over -- reload, I am completely against player killing of any kind, and I will never implement anything like that in any of my patches. I find player killing pointless and a waste of time, sorry. :-/

If you want your PC executed for no reason whatsoever and quite often, i.e.

• Your master gets killed by a saber cat, you get teleported to the top of Winterhold College with your dead master and you drop dead for no reason.
  • You ask your master for freedom, and instead of your master explaining the situation first, you get decapitated.  
  • You say hello to children you get hang by your neck until you're dead, dead.
  • Somebody does not have the kind of gold your master is asking for you, you've guessed it --- your master will pump you full of arrows until you're dead. 

then Maria Eden is the mod for you.

I don't want my character executed for no reason, I want it as part of an immersive criminal justice system. If I'm a repeat offender, I expect more than fines as punishment for my crimes. If I want to play a truly immersive story (and I really, really do), then I want the threat of death to hang over my head every time I commit a murder, or betray a faction, or whatever.

I'm sorry to hear you've decided not to include this. I hope someone else takes up the charge.

Ok, so after your PC is executed then what? Load a previous save and get executed again? Or perhaps not commit the crime that will get your PC executed in the first place, and not go to jail at all? Then why play this mod in the first place.

Sorry just trying to understand the logic behind a player execution.  

No, I understand. It is perhaps a little weird to want to be executed.

Like I said, my desire mostly comes from a desire for deeper immersion. I like my Skyrim experience to feel authentic and realistic as possible. When I play, it's with mods that require me to eat and sleep, and offer the threat of disease and frostbite. I like mods that add that extra touch of reality, and PO is great for that.

But the default crime and punishment system leaves much to be desired. I can murder a dozen random citizens of Skyrim, and the worst thing that will happen is I spend some time in jail or have to shell out a few thousand gold. That's not immersive at all. When you murder even one person, depending on where you do it and the circumstances, you run the risk of being executed for it. It's a realistic consequence for your crime. I want the game to reflect that aspect of reality. Plus, y'know, it's not fun if there's no real danger involved.

My dream mod would incorporate this threat of death, but give me plenty of opportunities to escape it. When captured, I'm informed I'll be brought before the jarl for judgement. I can try to bribe guards to let me go free, or offer sexual favors in exchange for freedom. If that fails, they take to the jarl and I'm put on trial. I am given the chance to defend myself, and I can choose one of several dialog options. If my Speechcraft is high enough, maybe I can eloquently argue my way out of it. Maybe I can bribe the jarl, given enough coin (and depending on the jarl). Perhaps I can stage a risky brute force escape while everyone's guard is down. Who knows what other options there might be?

But if any one of these fails, I am sentenced to death. They take me back to my cell to await execution. Again, I may try to escape or bribe the guards with money or sex. If this fails, come the appointed time, I am marched to the block and forced to my knees, the axe raised over my neck, the gathered crowd chanting for my head. The axe falls, my head rolls, and I'm dead.

After that? Yes, I might reload a previous save and move on. Or maybe I'll decide that particular character is gone and I'll reroll a new one. The point for me is to make the game as realistic as possible. Also, the thought of being decapitated is sexy to me, so that's a bonus.

It's perhaps not everyone's cuppa tea, but it's mine.

Decapitation is sexy to you? Wow you are true to your name. I rather be helplessly in bondage than dead. :P

I think if execution was the end game, that will kill this mod along with all the PC's playing it. I would play it once and that is it. 

Take for example the mod I mentioned before Maria Eden, @zaira put a lot of effort/time into the execution scenes, I've played them once just out of curiosity, and turned the "death chance slider" to zero, I am sure I am not the only one. Actually, I patched my ME death scenes into punishment scenes where master will add punishing items instead. ;)

Hey there!

It's been a while since I've looked at this mod. It's always been one of my favorites. A long time ago I suggested the possibility of player executions, perhaps as a consequence for repeated offense. I was told (a long time ago) that the player execution animation from the beginning of the vanilla game is too hard to work with, but today I was looking on the Nexus and I found this mod. If you are captured by the Thalmor, you can be beheaded, and it shows the beheading in first person. That being the case, is there away for this to be integrated with PO? I'd really, really love for that to be a thing.

Since I am into a continuous narrative rather than game over -- reload, I am completely against player killing of any kind, and I will never implement anything like that in any of my patches. I find player killing pointless and a waste of time, sorry. :-/

• Your master gets killed by a saber cat, you get teleported to the top of Winterhold College with your dead master and you drop dead for no reason.
  • You ask your master for freedom, and instead of your master explaining the situation first, you get decapitated.  
  • Somebody does not have the kind of gold your master is asking for you, you've guessed it --- your master will pump you full of arrows until you're dead. 

To be fai, Maria has a slider to set Percent chance of death. If you don't like dying, you can set the chance to 0%, and guess what. it will then never happen!  Amazing!

I myself set this to 5% as I like a little danger. But to each their own.

You completely missed my point about Maria Eden, its not that she kills you as much as the reasons behind the killing.

Your master gets killed by someone, so you just drop dead? Really? You like that? If you do, then THAT is amazing!  

I've never had that happen, ever. if your master dies, usually you are released, or enslaved by the attackers. But there is always that small % chance (depending on the slider value) that you could die. I guess you're just extremely unlucky. ;)

You are confusing this with SD+, as of ME 1.19 I was never enslaved by my master's killer, it's not in the code (I've made my own ME patch that does that though, that and many other things, like not killing me for no reason, and punishing me instead).

At one point a had 5 clones of my PC running around Skyrim :P (you know from the beheading scene).  If I wasn't so much against PC killing, @zaira has done a brilliant job with that scene, cloning the PC and killing that in a scene, even better than @BralorMarr with "Captured by the Thalmor" . 

But I digress, as of ME 1.19 when master gets killed (not Maria though, she is un-killable -- yeah don't get me started how I feel about that, I mean she can kill everything around including you with a single huge fireball, but her herself is immortal . ... argh ... but I digress again ...) anyway, when master gets killed the mod just breaks.

Nope, I'm not. I don't even install SD+ when I have Maria installed. You don't die if your master dies, unless you set it up that way. And of course, why shouldn't you work to save your master, it's not like SD where you're not allowed to have weapons.

Decapitation is sexy to you? Wow you are true to your name. I rather be helplessly in bondage than dead. :P

I think if execution was the end game, that will kill this mod along with all the PC's playing it. I would play it once and that is it. 

Take for example the mod I mentioned before Maria Eden, @zaira put a lot of effort/time into the execution scenes, I've played them once just out of curiosity, and turned the "death chance slider" to zero, I am sure I am not the only one. Actually, I patched my ME death scenes into punishment scenes where master will add punishing items instead. ;)

It has nothing to do with sex. Clearly all you care about is sex. but not everyone is like that. Just about every game has a mechanic where you can die, and you have to reload. it's normal for every game. And first and foremost, Skyrim is a game. Adding a sex element is fine, but it's not *just* about sex. Clearly you don't get that.

It has nothing to do with sex. Clearly all you care about is sex. but not everyone is like that. Just about every game has a mechanic where you can die, and you have to reload. it's normal for every game. And first and foremost, Skyrim is a game. Adding a sex element is fine, but it's not *just* about sex. Clearly you don't get that.

The purpose of playing a game to gain enjoyment, have fun, take your mind off things etc. Frankly having a game where I have to reload a save some way back to avoid execution for the thing I wanted to do in the first place and can no longer do doesn't sound much like fun to me.

I can see Queen Bee's point from an extreme immersion point of view though personally it would not interest me at all, but each to their own.

I think you have misconstrued Inte's comments but why do you automatically assume it's a about sex, it's about playing an enjoyable game (with or without sex)

Hey there!

To be fai, Maria has a slider to set Percent chance of death. If you don't like dying, you can set the chance to 0%, and guess what. it will then never happen!  Amazing!

I myself set this to 5% as I like a little danger. But to each their own.

You completely missed my point about Maria Eden, its not that she kills you as much as the reasons behind the killing.

Your master gets killed by someone, so you just drop dead? Really? You like that? If you do, then THAT is amazing!

I've never had that happen, ever. if your master dies, usually you are released, or enslaved by the attackers. But there is always that small % chance (depending on the slider value) that you could die. I guess you're just extremely unlucky. ;)

You are confusing this with SD+, as of ME 1.19 I was never enslaved by my master's killer, it's not in the code (I've made my own ME patch that does that though, that and many other things, like not killing me for no reason, and punishing me instead).

At one point a had 5 clones of my PC running around Skyrim :P (you know from the beheading scene).  If I wasn't so much against PC killing, @zaira has done a brilliant job with that scene, cloning the PC and killing that in a scene, even better than @BralorMarr with "Captured by the Thalmor" . 

But I digress, as of ME 1.19 when master gets killed (not Maria though, she is un-killable -- yeah don't get me started how I feel about that, I mean she can kill everything around including you with a single huge fireball, but her herself is immortal . ... argh ... but I digress again ...) anyway, when master gets killed the mod just breaks.

Nope, I'm not. I don't even install SD+ when I have Maria installed. You don't die if your master dies, unless you set it up that way. And of course, why shouldn't you work to save your master, it's not like SD where you're not allowed to have weapons.

The reason not to save my master is because this master is a shitty one! A shitty master that will look for any and all opportunities to kill a helpless slave, that is why.

There is a small CD shop in Skyrim, I walk in and that Master will bring me to my knees with just one look, and never has she once threatened my life, now that's a master you want to die for, why? Because she broke me to her will, that's why!  

What kind of master kills her own slaves? Huh? A good master breaks her slaves by intense training not kill them.

To resist subjugation is human, it is the job of a good master to break you to the point you actually wish you were dead instead. What comes out is a loyal slave, a slave that will sell her master's crappy items to anybody coming into the shop, a slave that will be by his master's side ready to protect her while wearing Ebony armor saying "You better behave while you are here..." or "Whatever you have to say, I'm not interested..." to anybody getting too close.

ME fails miserably at the master/slave aspect, except for Aaron; he's a good master.

If after reading my post above you conclude that "all I care about is sex", then there is a huge language barrier between us that a common language like English cannon break.  

First, that post was addressed to @Queen Bee and has nothing to do with sex. I was expressing my surprise when @Queen Bee said decapitation is sexy.  How you concluded that "all I care about is sex" from that it is well beyond my understanding. That aside, I do love sex a whole lot more than dying.

Second, the very mod we are discussing here and about 99% of all other mods here on LL are about sex. Heck this whole website is dedicated to glorious sex, just look at the add banners. I think you might be confused again thinking you are on Nexus. And yes even ME according to its author @zaira is a whoring and prostitution mod. But I am the one who doesn't get it? Clearly!

Third, oh forget it... I might as well write this in Chinese. Actually, I'll probably be able to learn Chinese before you'll get all this.

I think threat of death is sometimes good, because it can cause the character to do things they would not do otherwise. Maybe the character will accept an evil quest if it helps them pay a bounty hunter.

I think threat of death is sometimes good, because it can cause the character to do things they would not do otherwise. Maybe the character will accept an evil quest if it helps them pay a bounty hunter.

Yes it that situation it can work well as you are giving the player an option to continue the game rather than summarily killing them off

The purpose of playing a game to gain enjoyment, have fun, take your mind off things etc. Frankly having a game where I have to reload a save some way back to avoid execution for the thing I wanted to do in the first place and can no longer do doesn't sound much like fun to me.

I can see Queen Bee's point from an extreme immersion point of view though personally it would not interest me at all, but each to their own.

I think you have misconstrued Inte's comments but why do you automatically assume it's a about sex, it's about playing an enjoyable game (with or without sex)

no i haven't misunderstood her at all. She has a clear preference. It's just her feeling that she should force that point of view on everyone else that is rather annoying. Everyone has a right to what they enjoy, and shouldn't have people bashing them just because *they* don't enjoy the same thing. At any rate this whole debate is rather pointless. She's free to do as she likes, just as I am free to do what I like.

I suggested to skyrimll a Dolcett type "bad ending".  Yes, I like bad endings also.  But SD+ has a perfect "out".  Sanguine can revive the PC in Dreamworld.  That kind of setup would solve the "bad ending" and prevent a re-load. Everyone is happy, well me and a few others.  Nothing sexier than a well cooked female about to be eaten - several ways you could interpret that  ;)

PS. I'm a Dolcett fan - observer not volunteer.  Wish we had some mods with good "dinner is served" animations.

Do I just install the latest V033fix file and then Inte's patch? I ask because V031 is a lot larger than the other two.

Yes, install only PO V033_Fix and the Patch No. 5c

The difference in size is because @xaz moved a lot of resources from PO v31 into the AP.

Do I just install the latest V033fix file and then Inte's patch? I ask because V031 is a lot larger than the other two.

Yes, install only PO V033_Fix and the Patch No. 5c

The difference in size is because @xaz moved a lot of resources from PO v31 into the AP.

Thanks, been a while since I've used the prison overhaul excited to see what's changed.

As a fan of this mod, I do have to join the choire that does not wish to see executions included - at least not directly to the mod itself. I am using DA, combat sex and prison mods to avoid the need of loading the game. I dislike that, because everything that was just played goes to waste, if the character dies. I do not object (or would be in any position to do so), if someone wants to make an execution addon. That's their cup of tea.

However, I have been pondering another type of harsh punishment that some peoples (including myself) would consider plausible death sentence, but actually is not. In my scenario, person who has constantly broken rules of hold will be banished; without her gear and in special chains. These chains can be opened by a steward of any other hold, excluding the one that banished the character.

"We leave you to wolves, bandits and sabre cats, criminal. Let Nine determine, if you have worth in your heart to survive and return to us."

And there she goes, all naked, restrained and trying to remember, if the nearest hold had also placed a bounty on her head... or was it another one? ;)

However, I have been pondering another type of harsh punishment that some peoples (including myself) would consider plausible death sentence, but actually is not. In my scenario, person who has constantly broken rules of hold will be banished; without her gear and in special chains. These chains can be opened by a steward of any other hold, excluding the one that banished the character.

"We leave you to wolves, bandits and sabre cats, criminal. Let Nine determine, if you have worth in your heart to survive and return to us."

And there she goes, all naked, restrained and trying to remember, if the nearest hold had also placed a bounty on her head... or was it another one? ;)

It's an interesting idea. It would need some care so as not to remove quest items though.

How would you see it progressing afterwards, could the pc get their gear (say by paying a large fine) and have their status with the Hold reset once free of their chains?

It's an interesting idea. It would need some care so as not to remove quest items though.

How would you see it progressing afterwards, could the pc get their gear (say by paying a large fine) and have their status with the Hold reset once free of their chains?

If stewards have means to open these locks, then even that player goes trough is unlikely to be unique one and would hold some sort of "repenter pack", with most basic rags and maybe enough coins to take a cart ride back to hold, where gear is now available to be retrieved.

Of course this does not have to be the case. Stewards might think that opening locks and giving some sort of rag, for the sake decency, is enough.

Each hold does have plenty of small quests to earn septims without violence. Other mods in LL would also allow various methods to gain those 20-50 septims, if stewards are not willing to give them. I can't see myself getting stuck in any of the holds, because all of them have at least wood to chop or ingredients to collect and sell.

This can be extended, when the basic method is stable. Stewards (or whoever, but I think that steward is the most stable choice) might start to get ideas about how the criminal in front of him/her has not yet done enough to gain her freedom. There are all kinds of things to do around the hold for a chained girl. Mod like SL Dialogues already have means to do this, but of course addon could have it's own jobs instead, to avoid extra dependencies.

The main point still is that holds do not share bounties. Girl who ran from Whiterun to Falkreath does not have bounty in the hold, so steward would likely act to humiliate the prisoner than actually punish her from crimes. Whiterun would have already punished her, after sending her chained in the middle of beasts and bandits.

If stewards have means to open these locks, then even that player goes trough is unlikely to be unique one and would hold some sort of "repenter pack", with most basic rags and maybe enough coins to take a cart ride back to hold, where gear is now available to be retrieved.

Of course this does not have to be the case. Stewards might think that opening locks and giving some sort of rag, for the sake decency, is enough.

Each hold does have plenty of small quests to earn septims without violence. Other mods in LL would also allow various methods to gain those 20-50 septims, if stewards are not willing to give them. I can't see myself getting stuck in any of the holds, because all of them have at least wood to chop or ingredients to collect and sell.

This can be extended, when the basic method is stable. Stewards (or whoever, but I think that steward is the most stable choice) might start to get ideas about how the criminal in front of him/her has not yet done enough to gain her freedom. There are all kinds of things to do around the hold for a chained girl. Mod like SL Dialogues already have means to do this, but of course addon could have it's own jobs instead, to avoid extra dependencies.

The main point still is that holds do not share bounties. Girl who ran from Whiterun to Falkreath does not have bounty in the hold, so steward would likely act to humiliate the prisoner than actually punish her from crimes. Whiterun would have already punished her, after sending her chained in the middle of beasts and bandits.

It would be a very interesting addition I must say. It could trigger after a few prison sentences (3 maybe depending on severity of crimes) as at that point the Steward or Jarl is fed of of the pc and banishes them.

I've no idea how hard it would be to create though

So hopefully this hasn't been asked before, I've tried combing this thread to find my specific problem but can't seem to find an answer.

I have everything installed as indicated, including Patch 05d, but for some reason when my character is taken to the pillories, they vanish until punishment, at which point she appears in the pillories. Once punishment ends, she is once again standing and the pillory is gone. Any idea what could be causing this?

So hopefully this hasn't been asked before, I've tried combing this thread to find my specific problem but can't seem to find an answer.

I have everything installed as indicated, including Patch 05d, but for some reason when my character is taken to the pillories, they vanish until punishment, at which point she appears in the pillories. Once punishment ends, she is once again standing and the pillory is gone. Any idea what could be causing this?

I've noticed that too, never bothered me enough to track that down though. ;)

I've been considering adding PO to my load order for months now. However, I'm also using Maria Eden, which I understand add keywords to many inhabited locations to trigger its own events. It also adds some bondage furniture to places.

Since PO also edits city and townspaces to add pillories (and possibly other changes I don't know about), would these incompatibilities cause some clashes, or would they override each other based on load order, or would they just about manage to get along ok despite everything?

In summary, if PO is used with another mod that adds keywords to cities and towns, what would happen?

I've been considering adding PO to my load order for months now. However, I'm also using Maria Eden, which I understand add keywords to many inhabited locations to trigger its own events. It also adds some bondage furniture to places.

Since PO also edits city and townspaces to add pillories (and possibly other changes I don't know about), would these incompatibilities cause some clashes, or would they override each other based on load order, or would they just about manage to get along ok despite everything?

In summary, if PO is used with another mod that adds keywords to cities and towns, what would happen?

I do not play ME anymore, but according to @volfin ME is compatible with PO if it is placed after PO in the load order.