Wait, SkyUI team is jumping on Steam Workshop's  "Pay for free mods" money grabbing wagon?

for version 5 yea several of nexus modders are hiding files in protest.

Edit: just thought of a way i could make the attacking dragons issue go away entirely i'd just need to use a flag that others like kimy have mentioned to know when the player is imprisoned so i can set the chance of a dragon attack to 0 during this time. Now all i need to do is learn how to code this...

As i like the basic idea, PO is not in my load order any longer, for the same reasons as above.........its to buggy and (sorry).... boring

same thought

Actually @xaz tought of that, have you tried adjusting the timescale in the MCM? Depending on those settings you can make it so there will be continuous action (no sitting around) for the duration of the sentence.

This is probably really stupid but is adjusting the timescale safe? I think I remember reading somewhere that it causes instability, or is that just a myth?

As long as you don't have other mods relying on the timescale and you don't set to extremes its fine to play with. 

Out of interest how simple would it be for me to move pillories etc around in the cities to aid compatibility with any installed city mods? is it just a case of move the object + some references or do i need to edit the quests and everything?

Edit: Also thought just occurred to me what would happen if a dragon(s) attacked while you were in the pillory etc?

@xaz is dynamically moving markers by using aliases at the start of the quests but in the end they all point to the existing pillories. So it should be as easy as just moving the pillories in CK.

Dragon attack while in the pillory ... ha, well then you would be screwed figuratively as well as literally. :P  But the only pillory city the dragons will attack is Falkreath.

I have had (without any Dragon mods installed) dragon attacks in all cities and villages in Skyrim so I wouldn't count on not getting attacked by dragons anywhere.

As i like the basic idea, PO is not in my load order any longer, for the same reasons as above.........its to buggy and (sorry).... boring

same thought

Actually @xaz tought of that, have you tried adjusting the timescale in the MCM? Depending on those settings you can make it so there will be continuous action (no sitting around) for the duration of the sentence.

This is probably really stupid but is adjusting the timescale safe? I think I remember reading somewhere that it causes instability, or is that just a myth?

As long as you don't have other mods relying on the timescale and you don't set to extremes its fine to play with. 

Out of interest how simple would it be for me to move pillories etc around in the cities to aid compatibility with any installed city mods? is it just a case of move the object + some references or do i need to edit the quests and everything?

Edit: Also thought just occurred to me what would happen if a dragon(s) attacked while you were in the pillory etc?

@xaz is dynamically moving markers by using aliases at the start of the quests but in the end they all point to the existing pillories. So it should be as easy as just moving the pillories in CK.

Dragon attack while in the pillory ... ha, well then you would be screwed figuratively as well as literally. :P  But the only pillory city the dragons will attack is Falkreath.

I have had (without any Dragon mods installed) dragon attacks in all cities and villages in Skyrim so I wouldn't count on not getting attacked by dragons anywhere.

well if its the vanilla system it should be hopefully simpler to disable spawns while imprisoned

For 5a I added ModEvent's to allow other mods to interface with PO.

Something like this will listen for when the PC is out of jail.

Event xpoOnPCisFree(STRING eventName, STRING strArg, FLOAT numArg, Form eSender)
    Your stuff goes here when PC is out of jail. 
EndEvent

Or can trigger an arrest from outside of PO

akSpeaker.SendModEvent("xpoArrestPC", "Gotya!", 2000)

where akSpeaker would be the the arrestor (that's a word right?) and 2000 would be extra gold added to the bounty.

Event xpoOnPCisFree(STRING eventName, STRING strArg, FLOAT numArg, Form eSender)
EndEvent

where akSpeaker would be the the arrestor (that's a word right?) and 2000 would be extra gold added to the bounty.

awesome now i just need to find the dam script or quest etc that controls dragon attacks (i really wish i had more experience at this stuff, having none is not helping XD)

Edit: btw don't think i've thanked you yet Inte so Thank you so much for everything you've done with the patches and with the event + everything else

Yo!

I installed this mod quite a long time ago, and even though it was relatively buggy back then, it's become worse now that I've added more mods, as well as those same mods getting more and more features. The biggest problem for me is definitely with the pillory... holy damn the pillory bugs out together with some of the Devious Devices mods and other general rape mods. I'm not sure which of all mods on this site added the function that NPCs will approach you and randomly rape you if you're naked and/or unarmed, but because of it the pillory bugs the fuck out, really really hard. The game says that someone is watching me thanks to my nakedness, and when he/she/often they run to rape me, I get cut lose from pillory and my chains, get gangraped, and them I can just wander around. I don't get put back into the pillory, the jailer is "busy", time starts flowing naturally again and waiting does not bring me back to my cell or anything of the sort. I don't know if this has to be fixed by the mod that added the nekkid function, or by Prison Overhaul, but either way it doesn't work with both, and I believe that function was added by Deviously Cursed Loot, which I absolutely refuse to take out of my load order.

If a fix to make them co-exist isn't possible from this mod, would it at least be possible to add an option to turn off the pillory punishment, leaving you to only be used by guards in the actual dungeon?

This is caused by Deviously Cursed Loot, the OP says to disabled triggered sex attacks when PO is running as they interfere with this mod.

EndEvent

awesome now i just need to find the dam script or quest etc that controls dragon attacks (i really wish i had more experience at this stuff, having none is not helping XD)

Edit: btw don't think i've thanked you yet Inte so Thank you so much for everything you've done with the patches and with the event + everything else

I long ago I used Deadly Dragon and Dragon attacks in the menu MCM I mailed to 0, after which only worked when I mailed attacks Drago not had more forever broke the mod.

I'm not a moder do not know what happened but the dragons disappeared forever

EndEvent

I long ago I used Deadly Dragon and Dragon attacks in the menu MCM I mailed to 0, after which only worked when I mailed attacks Drago not had more forever broke the mod.

not going to lie i have no idea what you just said :(

Yo!

I installed this mod quite a long time ago, and even though it was relatively buggy back then, it's become worse now that I've added more mods, as well as those same mods getting more and more features. The biggest problem for me is definitely with the pillory... holy damn the pillory bugs out together with some of the Devious Devices mods and other general rape mods. I'm not sure which of all mods on this site added the function that NPCs will approach you and randomly rape you if you're naked and/or unarmed, but because of it the pillory bugs the fuck out, really really hard. The game says that someone is watching me thanks to my nakedness, and when he/she/often they run to rape me, I get cut lose from pillory and my chains, get gangraped, and them I can just wander around. I don't get put back into the pillory, the jailer is "busy", time starts flowing naturally again and waiting does not bring me back to my cell or anything of the sort. I don't know if this has to be fixed by the mod that added the nekkid function, or by Prison Overhaul, but either way it doesn't work with both, and I believe that function was added by Deviously Cursed Loot, which I absolutely refuse to take out of my load order.

If a fix to make them co-exist isn't possible from this mod, would it at least be possible to add an option to turn off the pillory punishment, leaving you to only be used by guards in the actual dungeon?

This is caused by Deviously Cursed Loot, the OP says to disabled triggered sex attacks when PO is running as they interfere with this mod.

Ah, okay. I had apparently not read that part. Thanks for the help!

Quick update on how the anti dragon spawn system is coming along. My current plan is to use the prisoner faction of this mod to prevent the spawning of dragons while your a prisoner via a condition on the dragon spawns. Note: i highly doubt i can stop spawns at burial mounds, dragon lairs or during quests but hopefully none of the guards or bounty hunters who catch you will take you past any of these and its a rather minor issue here since you can move (kinda) and the guard/hunter is highly likely to die. I also will probably not be able to stop deadly dragons assaults so enable safe zones or disable them altogether. i should be able to prevent DCO assaults but might take me some time to get a working system in place. 

EndEvent

If you use Dedly Dragon can put the attacks Dragon=0

EndEvent

yea but the thing is thats only the deadly dragon assaults not the vanilla attacks that can occur pretty regularly in falkreath or DCO's assaults that can spawn up to 3 dragons and will trigger every 3-5 days while you can disable these in the MCM menu there is no current way to stop the vanilla spawn occurring and murdering your poor poor player character while she's lock in the pillory. 

EndEvent

yea but the thing is thats only the deadly dragon assaults not the vanilla attacks that can occur pretty regularly in falkreath or DCO's assaults that can spawn up to 3 dragons and will trigger every 3-5 days while you can disable these in the MCM menu there is no current way to stop the vanilla spawn occurring and murdering your poor poor player character while she's lock in the pillory. 

Dragons with Prision Overhal have always been a problem, you can solve it would be a nice thing.

To Inte.

You might have a chance in the menu does not have NPCs who look in the cage.

I say this because I gà lots of NPC and when I played the animation in the cage would not start because they could not take the front row were going back and forth.

And thanks again to work on this mod.

Dragons with Prision Overhal have always been a problem, you can solve it would be a nice thing.

- I am using Skyrim Unbound as my alternative start mod. It allows you to disable attacks, when ever you want. It can be found from the Workshop, but author has provided alternative download site for mod file, meant for those (like me) who do not wish to let Steam to manage any mods.

Workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=169372128

Alternative: http://www.chinagreenelvis.com/gaming/mods/skyrim/skyrim_unbound/

- The mod Timing is Everything allows you to adjust the time between random dragon attacks.

Nexus: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/38151/?

- Both Deadly Dragons and Dragon Combat Overhaul give you more control over dragon attacks. First one allows making some areas safe. DCO requires more tweaking and overwrites some features from Deadly Dragons, but you can still control attacks quite well.

Deadly Dragons, Nexus: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/3829/?

Dragon Combat Overhaul, Nexus: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32597/?

@ Inte

Thanks for the patch. :)

Bug Report

Just tried V33 and patch 5b (I've been using v32 up to now as I use all the DD mods). Clean save (including old scripts) but not a new game.

Tested in Whiterun after parade and pillory, when I was put back in cell player control was not returned (I suspect the leash effect didn't terminate). The effect is that the pc cannot move though the animations afterwards play out normally.

I use DA so was easily able to reset the pc state without a problem.

Not sure if this was a glitch after the whipping which seemed to be rather jumpy, I've kept copies of the test games in case you need logs

EDIT:

After further testing control is lost after each of the prison rape animations. This causes a problem as the pc is initially stuck in place in the centre of the cell and the guard pushes the pc out of the cell when he leaves sometime. If the pc is to one side of the cell she is left in place which stops this happening. In any case it stops any escape attempt as the pc cannot move (they can still access inventory etc).

Playing through to the end, control is given back once the pc is released. I checked using a leather collar and leg cuffs, both were removed at the start and replaced correctly on release

I noticed normal dialogue from NPC's rather than the old text ones. Not sure it that's intentional but it seemed a bit odd being paraded around and being told the Dawnguard are recruiting etc.

One very small oddity, I went into prison with 1784 gold and came out with 1775 must have been those thieving guards that nicked it :lol:

EDIT2:

Forgot to mention there's a bit of a clash with the Bounty Hunters and Defeat (and probably DA as well). If the pc is defeated then Defeat kicks in and if one of the post events fires the pc is transported away, this will probably be the same for DA as well I'd guess. There's no problem if defeated by Guards as that's already built into DA, no idea on the Bounty Hunters though

@Slorm thanks for the bug report, I appreciate it. Every time I go in game to test something I forget to come out. :P

Bug Report

Just tried V33 and patch 5b (I've been using v32 up to now as I use all the DD mods). Clean save (including old scripts) but not a new game.

Tested in Whiterun after parade and pillory, when I was put back in cell player control was not returned (I suspect the leash effect didn't terminate). The effect is that the pc cannot move though the animations afterwards play out normally.

I use DA so was easily able to reset the pc state without a problem.

Not sure if this was a glitch after the whipping which seemed to be rather jumpy, I've kept copies of the test games in case you need logs

EDIT:

After further testing control is lost after each of the prison rape animations. This causes a problem as the pc is initially stuck in place in the centre of the cell and the guard pushes the pc out of the cell when he leaves sometime. If the pc is to one side of the cell she is left in place which stops this happening. In any case it stops any escape attempt as the pc cannot move (they can still access inventory etc).

Playing through to the end, control is given back once the pc is released. I checked using a leather collar and leg cuffs, both were removed at the start and replaced correctly on release

Hmm... next time this happens rather than using DA to restore player control, go into @xaz's animation pack, into "Player Control" and see how many AI' are trying to control your PC, if not zero release control, and restore movement. Then see if it happens again, there might be a straggler AI in there.

I noticed normal dialogue from NPC's rather than the old text ones. Not sure it that's intentional but it seemed a bit odd being paraded around and being told the Dawnguard are recruiting etc.

Yes, I am trying to make PO more verbose, IDK.

One very small oddity, I went into prison with 1784 gold and came out with 1775 must have been those thieving guards that nicked it :lol:

:D Not sure what happened there but now I wish I thought of it, that should be a feature.

EDIT2: 
Forgot to mention there's a bit of a clash with the Bounty Hunters and Defeat (and probably DA as well). If the pc is defeated then Defeat kicks in and if one of the post events fires the pc is transported away, this will probably be the same for DA as well I'd guess. There's no problem if defeated by Guards as that's already built into DA, no idea on the Bounty Hunters though

Now is this the vanilla bounty hunters or the PO bounty hunters?

- I am using Skyrim Unbound as my alternative start mod. It allows you to disable attacks, when ever you want. It can be found from the Workshop, but author has provided alternative download site for mod file, meant for those (like me) who do not wish to let Steam to manage any mods.

Workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=169372128

Alternative: http://www.chinagreenelvis.com/gaming/mods/skyrim/skyrim_unbound/

- The mod Timing is Everything allows you to adjust the time between random dragon attacks.

Nexus: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/38151/?

- Both Deadly Dragons and Dragon Combat Overhaul give you more control over dragon attacks. First one allows making some areas safe. DCO requires more tweaking and overwrites some features from Deadly Dragons, but you can still control attacks quite well.

Deadly Dragons, Nexus: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/3829/?

Dragon Combat Overhaul, Nexus: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32597/?

@ Inte

Thanks for the patch. :)

You're welcome. ;)

Hmm... next time this happens rather than using DA to restore player control, go into @xaz's animation pack, into "Player Control" and see how many AI' are trying to control your PC, if not zero release control, and restore movement. Then see if it happens again, there might be a straggler AI in there.

That fixed it. The AI control was set to 1 one, after releasing it control was normal again including after the animations :)

:D Not sure what happened there but now I wish I thought of it, that should be a feature.

Yes agreed, maybe have a percentage change of gold being stolen.

Maybe armour as well though need to be careful of quest items so maybe just slot 32 which the PC can buy back from the local store

EDIT2: 

That was the PO Bounty Hunter all decked out in Ebony. I'm L35 (assassin/conjurer) and went down in about 3 or 4 hits. Ouch!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, getting debug messages on screen (Punishment lasted for 70 seconds etc), no harm but might be worth removing in time

~ Snippy Snip~

That fixed it. The AI control was set to 1 one, after releasing it control was normal again including after the animations :)

Yes agreed, maybe have a percentage change of gold being stolen.

Maybe armour as well though need to be careful of quest items so maybe just slot 32 which the PC can buy back from the local store

EDIT2: 

That was the PO Bounty Hunter all decked out in Ebony. I'm L35 (assassin/conjurer) and went down in about 3 or 4 hits. Ouch!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, getting debug messages on screen (Punishment lasted for 70 seconds etc), no harm but might be worth removing in time

Ah yes the PO bouty hunter... you are not alone, I don't even fight him/her anymore I just give in.

About the messages, yes they were a troubleshooting tool to make sure my stage timmer was working, but then I kinda liked the messages so I left them.

if you can drop these into a McM option allows for troubleshooting while not being immersion breaking

as for the loss of gold did you ever get any stolen gold as i think they will confiscate that :P

Also i stopped using DA a while ago that mod is way way too temperamental for my liking i just set defeat to trigger between 30% and 10% hp (prevents my character bleeding out from perma bleed damage norm) and I've never had a problem since 

Ah, the stolen gold (me unpaid up member of Thieves Guild).

I noticed the 666 ( :) ) processing fee but as it's added to the bounty which is discharged on release it doesn't do much. Maybe deduct it from pc's gold perhaps (as a fine)?

if you can drop these into a McM option allows for troubleshooting while not being immersion breaking

as for the loss of gold did you ever get any stolen gold as i think they will confiscate that :P

Also i stopped using DA a while ago that mod is way way too temperamental for my liking i just set defeat to trigger between 30% and 10% hp (prevents my character bleeding out from perma bleed damage norm) and I've never had a problem since 

Stolen gold... *facepalm*, :rolleyes: that's right. Guards separate stolen items from the prisoner, forgot about that. :)

EDIT: Ninja'd again by @Slorm :lol: