Quick question -- Is there a 'showracemenu' type command for NPCs?

I haven't searched deep into it but my band aid solution (have yet to test if its really stable or anything) is Alternate Actors. It lets you switch places with any NPC (the npc becomes the player) then u can open racemenu from them and the mod saves faces if i understand correctly. Haven't had the opportunity to play with it i got other problems with other mods...

Pros: you can racemenu an npc
Con: it seems like alot of work on the system for a simple task... this is why i'm thinking it can cause problems but again i haven't played with it enough

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 1:22 AM, Chaser984 said:

Try The Manipulator here on LoversLab.  It won't allow you to do faces or hair, but the body is free game.

Seconded. The Manipulator is a dandy little mod.

NPC faces cannot be diddled with becasue of the way Skyrim handles them AFAIK.

Depending on what you are trying to do there is also this mod. 

NPC Visual Transfer Tool

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64875

• 1 year later...
18 minutes ago, Zedabdu said:

I don't understand

You should have put the full stop right there.

What are you wittering about? Nobody has posted here for over a year and you come along and post something which has nothing to do with the thread.

6 hours ago, Funzel22 said:

Hello,

is there something like this now working .... for SE? I want to chance the mouth of an NPC.

Somehow ... just with a little programm ... maybe

nope

it's not impossible to do

190606085555977617.jpg

let's change that npc hair

190606085619902498.jpg

head didn't become brown

but to get that working on all npc mods... lot of patching to do

• 1 month later...
On 6/29/2016 at 8:36 AM, ffabris said:

Manipulator also allows this. But you cannot edit faces, as you would end up with grey face. EFF and Manipulator both call RaceMenu directly, and RaceMenu itself disables editing anything to do wit the NPC's face.

well done! this is what I need  I think

4 hours ago, padezaw said:

well done! this is what I need  I think

did you bother reading what that mod do?

In brief, the RaceMenu bit allows you to do to an NPC everything you can do to your own character, minus anything that would alter the face to the point that the facegendata becomes invalid. If you don't have morphs available for yourself, you won't have them for NPCs - etc. Anything that would alter the face cannot be done. This isn't lack of will or knowledge; simply, the game engine doesn't allow it.

above i can replace npc hair with another, while keeping the npc head, because all those hairs headpart have the same name

you want to showracemenu npc? you have to do the same for all headparts

you copy paste eyes headparts as new record, rename all of them to eye (same in those npc head nifs of course), and replace original headparts with the new ones

you copy paste nord race as nord2, give that race to those npc, for femaleeyeblue to not be available to those npc (users are too stupid to not select femaleeyedark on a npc that will create conflict, so you remove that from the list with a custom race, custom race that will require patching some dialogs and quests, have fun)

and the result of that time intensive crap, after picking another hair, eye, mouth or whatever for a npc, it's now longer to load that npc (instead of just loading the npc nif, game load the nif, then replace eye with eye, hair with hair, nose with nose, but npc tintmask won't be missing, since the game can do that on the npc head nif without problem, because new headpart eye, is in the nif, since the new headpart have the same name as original, since they all have the same name, something hightly incompabible with any npc replacer)

• 1 year later...
On 7/20/2019 at 2:09 AM, yatol said:

did you bother reading what that mod do?

above i can replace npc hair with another, while keeping the npc head, because all those hairs headpart have the same name

you want to showracemenu npc? you have to do the same for all headparts

you copy paste eyes headparts as new record, rename all of them to eye (same in those npc head nifs of course), and replace original headparts with the new ones

you copy paste nord race as nord2, give that race to those npc, for femaleeyeblue to not be available to those npc (users are too stupid to not select femaleeyedark on a npc that will create conflict, so you remove that from the list with a custom race, custom race that will require patching some dialogs and quests, have fun)

and the result of that time intensive crap, after picking another hair, eye, mouth or whatever for a npc, it's now longer to load that npc (instead of just loading the npc nif, game load the nif, then replace eye with eye, hair with hair, nose with nose, but npc tintmask won't be missing, since the game can do that on the npc head nif without problem, because new headpart eye, is in the nif, since the new headpart have the same name as original, since they all have the same name, something hightly incompabible with any npc replacer)

How do you know what that person needed, since he didn't actually state what his need was?  Further, you seem to be irritated by anyone saying something complimentary about Manipulator.  Is that correct, and if so why?

Frankly this "solution" that you have tried to offer repeatedly in this thread is incoherent to me and not something I could duplicate, whereas Manipulator, Alternate Actors, EFF, and Standalone EFF Cosmetic Menu are tools that I can easily manipulate, limitations notwithstanding.  Is the reason your comments are "incoherent" to me simply the obvious language barrier?  Regardless, as-is your comments are unusable to me, whereas the other tools mentioned in this timeless thread are very much usable, and one or more of them will suit my purpose well enough, since it doesn't involve altering faces.  The same was probably true of the person you criticized above.

4 hours ago, VulcanTourist said:

How do you know what that person needed, since he didn't actually state what his need was?  Further, you seem to be irritated by anyone saying something complimentary about Manipulator.  Is that correct, and if so why?

Frankly this "solution" that you have tried to offer repeatedly in this thread is incoherent to me and not something I could duplicate, whereas Manipulator, Alternate Actors, EFF, and Standalone EFF Cosmetic Menu are tools that I can easily manipulate, limitations notwithstanding.  Is the reason your comments are "incoherent" to me simply the obvious language barrier?  Regardless, as-is your comments are unusable to me, whereas the other tools mentioned in this timeless thread are very much usable, and one or more of them will suit my purpose well enough, since it doesn't involve altering faces.  The same was probably true of the person you criticized above.

CONJURATION INCREASED TO 51

@VulcanTourist

istockphoto-835970714-170667a.jpg.218e86c5d3930b4d7fa5c1d28a82c59c.jpg

Good Job, here is Your reward for Your great mining work...

for other ppl who are looking for similar thing... i'm not gonna read whole topic because its 7 years old...

But if You want to play as NPC and be able to edit them via RM

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36047

This mod allows you to take control of NPC...

i remember around 2/3 years i was using this mod or similar mod and ShowRaceMenu works fine on NPC when you change control :x...

//Edit:

ofc. you can always make your character in RaceMenu for player then open console and... if i remember type "SPF"

but i may be wrong... there is console command to export character look into CreationKit "Preset"

"~" - to open console -> "spf MyPresetforNPC"

but that will require some knowledge about CK ^_^ and making custom NPCs :D

• 3 months later...
On 8/10/2020 at 10:57 AM, God of Chaos said:

@VulcanTourist

istockphoto-835970714-170667a.jpg.218e86c5d3930b4d7fa5c1d28a82c59c.jpg

Good Job, here is Your reward for Your great mining work...

for other ppl who are looking for similar thing... i'm not gonna read whole topic because its 7 years old...

But if You want to play as NPC and be able to edit them via RM

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36047

This mod allows you to take control of NPC...

i remember around 2/3 years i was using this mod or similar mod and ShowRaceMenu works fine on NPC when you change control :x...

//Edit:

ofc. you can always make your character in RaceMenu for player then open console and... if i remember type "SPF"

but i may be wrong... there is console command to export character look into CreationKit "Preset"

"~" - to open console -> "spf MyPresetforNPC"

but that will require some knowledge about CK ^_^ and making custom NPCs :D

What was that mod? The link is invalid :(

I tried about everything and I'm about to go crazy, All I ever wanted was to edit a follower race and appearance with racemenu xD!

I'm just gonna my two cents

The mod "Everybodies different" has ingame spells that let you customize type of hair (not color), eye color, brow type and beard type. It also let you customize an NPCs body (all the sliders from bodyslide) in game. No file editing. Just one ingame spell. It won't change any faces. But the mods primary function is to distribute different body types and texture types between Skyrim NPCs. So Ysolda might look pretty different frome one playthrough to another. Been using it for 3 years now. Can't play without it ?

• 1 year later...

This thread does not want to die. When you search in Google not to open a new thread and threads from years ago appear in the forums, people complain about reviving old threads but when you create a new thread to ask they tell you that Google is your ally ... incorrectly correct? value information from something old or create a thread with no responses? He had to comment. I could not contain myself

• 2 years later...

Just figured out how to do this after a few days of troubleshooting, so Im going to put this here for people in the future. If you want to make a new npc with a racemenu preset of your choosing, follow these steps:

1: Make an npc. You could also find one in game to edit, but I made one in CK.

2: Make the preset. I recommend doing this in a new game, since it lets you edit race as well. You can use coc qasmoke or coc riverwood to skip the intro.

3: Save this preset as normal. This should save to Data/SKSE/Plugins/Chargen/Presets

4: Copy and paste the preset from that locaiton to Data/SKSE/Plugins/Chargen/Exported

5: In game, open the console, and click on the npc you want the preset on

6: Type skee preset-load YourPreset, where YourPreset is the name of the preset you saved

7: Ta Da! It should work!

I had so much trouble because I was trying to make a custom race follower for the sky draenei race. I have not tested, but I assume you would want the npc you edit to have the same race as the preset you make, so keep that in mind. Proteus used to do this, but does not work with the updated game, and you couldn't edit the race anyways.