Applying tattoos question

Hello,

Sorry if this has been asked before, I usually try not to ask questions and find the answer on my own but I'm at a loss. 
I have a question about applying tattoos in photoshop. 

I have applied many tattoos on my character before, however it wasn't until I put together a new rig and started playing on a new 47inch. tv that I noticed the skin textures looked all weird and blotchy. I put the same skin textures without the tattoos back on and it was gone and the skin looked clear again. SO, I'm wondering if I have been saving them on the wrong settings in photoshop (DXT3         ARGB   8 bpp | explicit alpha). 

Any help?

Thanks!

8.8.8         RGB  24 bpp | unsigned

That setting is uncompressed and is what highly detailed skin textures are normally saved in.

Use

8.8.8.8      ARGB  32 bpp | unsigned

When saving the body's normal map.

Oh well thank you very much : D

She's been in the making for a long time, my friends often ask if I even play Skyrim or just mod it : p I tell them modding is half the game! lol

Archived