Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mad Companionship Spells, MCS Extension & HumanTouchNPC!

• Please log in to reply
261 replies to this topic

beck11

beck11

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
Any of you guys have problems with Vipcxj's High heels system and MCS? When ever I try to get my companions to use high heel shoes made with Vipcxj's mod integrated, they wont use them right away, I have to use setbody spell to reset my companions body type and only then will they equip it. If I try to give them any new item I have to redo the setbody setting again or else they wont equip the shoes.

I noticed this problem with RPN's lingerie mods too and I have to use the same method to get them to equip the clothes. So maybe this is actually a setbody problem or a combination of all 3. Anyone else having this issues?

Using latest Vipcxj's High heels mod.
Using this setbody mod.
Double checked all MCS settings, double checked armor types.
Tried changing load orders of Setbody and High heels mod.

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

gregathit

gregathit

Duck and Cover

• Moderators
  • 18,090 posts
The setbody mod you installed came with skeletons. They may be competing with Vipcxj's. Reinstall vipcxj's skeletons and see if the problem goes away.

galgat

galgat

Mega Poster

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts
thx u for posting this Companion Mod here, I have not used a companion sense 06, but I started messing with tamago and this works very nicely with it.

Thx you very much

beck11

beck11

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

The setbody mod you installed came with skeletons. They may be competing with Vipcxj's. Reinstall vipcxj's skeletons and see if the problem goes away.

I was hoping that might fix the problem but unfortunately it didnt, it actually made it worse in some cases. Reverted back to maximum compatibility skeleton for now. Am I the only one having these issues? Anyone else use Setbody+High Heels+MCS and have the same issues?

DamaLava

DamaLava

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I found something sort of worth mentioning, though it might seem obvious to those who have more experience in oblivioning. The teleport function kind of messes things up if you use it to hop between the shivering isles and normal oblivion land. NPCs on one side wont have their dialogue. It wont break the game, but you need to use the door to cross between worlds.

gregathit

gregathit

Duck and Cover

• Moderators
  • 18,090 posts
Yep DamaLava, that is a well documented problem that has been around from day one of shivering's release.

But it is worth mentioning to those who are new. :)

beck11

beck11

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
I thought I would share something with my fellow MCS users. Its an edited esp of Apachii Goddess Store but I made duplicates of many light armor items and made clothing versions of them. Mirror copies so same price, weight, etc but with no armor ratings of course. I tired to go through the whole store and pick out stuff that I thought would be better as clothing instead of armor, amounts to about 350 items or thereabouts. Obviously this was made in mind with MCS' companion equip options. I love the fact that you can choose 2 different types of armor for your companions to wear and I can spend alot of time just playing dress up with my companions or random NPCs.

I only intended for this mod to be for personal use but since I spent the good part of a week getting it done I thought I might as well share it. I tested each new item individually so as far I can tell they all work with the MCS system.

Little tip for anyone who wants do a similar stuff for their own use or just a general bug report for certain types of clothing/armor that MCS has trouble equipping: Any clothing that has 0.0000 weight(and maybe 0 value too, not sure yet) will give MCS trouble and sometimes cause the clothing not to be equipped.

One workaround is to cast the setbody spell and reselect the body type of the NPC, most of the time this fixes the issue but it wont work all the time and also if you add or remove any item from the NPC's inventory you will need to recast the setbody spell again.

I think this applies to armor as well but in any case if you ever have trouble getting an NPC to use any piece of equipment, try opening the esp and changing the weight of the item, even changing it to 0.0001 is enough.

DogOnPorch

DogOnPorch

Krieg ohne Haß

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Much thanks. Great idea, btw.

AzOutback

AzOutback

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
I've updated MCS Extension to the latest v1.15. :angel: Looks like the author is diving into Skyrim. New updates might be even slower.

(†Foggy♥Sugar†)

(†Foggy♥Sugar†)
  • Guests
Thanks a lot for keeping these alive, I like Skyrim and all but I still love to play Morrowind and especially Oblivion all the time. These mean a ton to me. <3

mindgear

mindgear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
After my pc had a child through Hiyoko club, I tried out MCS and it works, sort of
Here are my problems, when I use the trade option my game locks and I have to task manager to kill it. The child is too agressive attacking almost anyone in sight. I also gave her a weapon through the console but she uses her fists to fight.

ferdain

ferdain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
anyone know of a good horse mod for the companions that works with this?

Archangel89

Archangel89

Defiant Survivalist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hey thanks a whole lot for this, used to be so frustrated with my kids just wandering off & not being able to manage them.

garcemac

garcemac

Juicy Beef

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

After my pc had a child through Hiyoko club, I tried out MCS and it works, sort of
Here are my problems, when I use the trade option my game locks and I have to task manager to kill it. The child is too agressive attacking almost anyone in sight. I also gave her a weapon through the console but she uses her fists to fight.

I have problems with Tomago/Hiyoko, but I'm not sure I'd blame MCS on them. My PC had a child fathered by Butter (one of the dogs in Lovers Immoral Sisters - don't ask...) My first "child" was a cute little puppy, born in the Bravil Chapel. I wanted to keep him! Everyone inside the chapel attacked it, and it died. I went apeshit and killed everyone in Bravil who wasn't essential. Do NOT hurt MAH DOG!!!

Reload save game...

No birth in Bravil, so I go to Chorral to sell my crap in my store. I spit out this insane, hairy, red-skinned, horned demon child (Butter is still the father) that goes on a rampage and wipes out everyone outside the Oak & Cloister. Wow, this is good. Then she killed me...

Reload... This time, I have a miscarraige. Bummer. I cut my losses and hope for better luck next time - and next time I'll make sure its a human daddy... For testing purposes, of course...

I haven't had a problem with other people's kids swarming me, though. With CM Partners, I'd warp to a new location and have 50 rugrats all looking up at me at about a distance of 32... crowding me... I could see nothing but kids... Unable to move... With MCS, I've seen one kid... briefly... trying to follow me after fast travel. And with MCS I can set the follow distance at 512 or 1024. Out of my face, you bitches!

With CM Partners I couldn't even search the ground for loot without idiot partners constantly walking in front me, 16 inches away.

Kain82

Kain82

The Professor

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
Stupid question. How do I recruit followers?

Poontank

Poontank

"DROKK!" said The Judge.

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts
Select 'MCS Order' from your touch spell inventory, use the spell on an NPC and select the top action 'Follow' in the appearing MCS main menu.

Kain82

Kain82

The Professor

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Select 'MCS Order' from your touch spell inventory, use the spell on an NPC and select the top action 'Follow' in the appearing MCS main menu.

Thanks for the help. :)

quasimodo75

quasimodo75

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
I got a question about the Companionship spell:
All my Companions I got with this spell got a bright green twirling spiral behind their back, after I had revived 2 dead NPCs that were killed by a in the course of a default Oblivion quest.
Pretty unnerving. Anybody knowing of a solution for this?

AzOutback

AzOutback

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

I got a question about the Companionship spell:
All my Companions I got with this spell got a bright green twirling spiral behind their back, after I had revived 2 dead NPCs that were killed by a in the course of a default Oblivion quest.
Pretty unnerving. Anybody knowing of a solution for this?

Check the Configurations settings in the MCS Companion List book.
Configuration==> Companion Detect: Off

On will give you that green swirl effect.

quasimodo75

quasimodo75

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Check the Configurations settings in the MCS Companion List book.
Configuration==> Companion Detect: Off

On will give you that green swirl effect.

I just did as you said. Swirl is gone. Thank You!

But here is the next question:
I just installed the katest updates, including HUD companion: Now, when I start the game I get a message: HUDCompanions: [email protected] and then there are some letters which probably are the result of this mod prbably originally being japanese?