Mad Companionship Spells, MCS Extension & HumanTouchNPC!

Hi' date=' I may be just a nub, but I tried reading the readme and searched before asking this: It keeps stating any NPC I make a companion as 'temporary' as well as a constant charm spell effect activating on the NPC. I also cant seem to have any of them enter into the companion listing.

What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated (great mods regardless!)

[/quote']

If you make a companion of a respawning NPC (es. bandits, creatures, human daedras), he/she become a "temporary" companion, and as such has some limitations: no teleporting ability (through spell), no entry in the companions' book, orders given are active only for a short time (untill they don't leave the PC cell for more than 3 days).

For a full featured companion, use the spells on a unique NPC (es. whit a proper name, whit an unique ID number).

This is indeed a step-up from plain old CSR which I still keep active for a few reasons...mainly the ability to get your mage NPCs to learn spells from scrolls which is VERY handy as I'm sure many of you know all too well.

It'd be nice if one could tell the NPCs when to change their clothes in MCS. Do they always do it automatically or is there a way to keep them in their armor while in the dungeon' date=' etc, etc.??

[/quote']

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=16960

Simpler mod to teach spells to NPC's, if that's all you use CSR for.

Hi' date=' I may be just a nub, but I tried reading the readme and searched before asking this: It keeps stating any NPC I make a companion as 'temporary' as well as a constant charm spell effect activating on the NPC. I also cant seem to have any of them enter into the companion listing.

What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated (great mods regardless!)

[/quote']

If you make a companion of a respawning NPC (es. bandits, creatures, human daedras), he/she become a "temporary" companion, and as such has some limitations: no teleporting ability (through spell), no entry in the companions' book, orders given are active only for a short time (untill they don't leave the PC cell for more than 3 days).

For a full featured companion, use the spells on a unique NPC (es. whit a proper name, whit an unique ID number).

Ah, that explains why I can't get some "captured" random NPCs to act right. I'll have to release that werewolf woman I renamed. I was hoping to lock her in a cell in my castle by using the "Call" function while I was noclipped into a holding cell/prison.

I guess I'll just have to use the "moveto.player" function instead.

I wish oblivion/MMM/Curse of Hircine had a more awesome transformation sequence...*sigh*

• 2 weeks later...

This is an awesome mod however I have one and ONLY ONE issue with it...well more like a feature that i wish as not there and that is when you get jailed with mcs companions following you it forces you to load a previous save...many times I have lost a lot of playtime because of this but oh well I just gotta make sure when a guard comes to arrest me to tell my partners to flee :P

This is an awesome mod however I have one and ONLY ONE issue with it...well more like a feature that i wish as not there and that is when you get jailed with mcs companions following you it forces you to load a previous save...many times I have lost a lot of playtime because of this but oh well I just gotta make sure when a guard comes to arrest me to tell my partners to flee :P

While that is a good idea.....an even better one is to get into the habit of saving more often :cool:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=16960

Simpler mod to teach spells to NPC's' date=' if that's all you use CSR for.

[/quote']

Ooooh, can't wait to try this!

EDIT: It doesn't work at all. Mod author has no interest in fixing it either.

:(

Must be a conflict of some sort. I've tried it and it worked fine:

Cast the spell on one of my Hiyoko kids.

Went into spell list to select a spell.

It came up with a message that the kid didn't meet the required destruction skill.

Tried again, this time with a novice level frost bolt.

The kid played a reading animation for a bit, then it gave a message that the spell was learned.

Went into battle and the kid started firing off frost spells, which they normally don't.

CSR and MCS seem to play OK together. I use the MCS 'follow' date=' wait, etc' and CSR for combat behaviour. No problems....so far.

[/quote']

You should be ok with those two running. CM partners and them however......:(

Never did like CM Partners that much. CSR I'm very familiar with so there are few 'Jack-in-the-Box' type surprises anymore (hmmm...should everybody be a glowing pink ogre after installing this mod :D )

MCS is the cat's meow, though, for most of my companion activity, now. No more having to travel to get them...they can travel to you. Most excellent. Plus setting a pile of girlfriends on 'Relax' and then having a beer while taking-in the results is worth the price of admission right there. :D

For me MCS works ok with CM partners as well, apart from a few quirks. You just have to be aware that in most cases, MCS will simply override CM commands. Tell them to "do free" and the CM functionality works as it should. It's not just with CM's that MCS has this conflict. If you put someone on stay and then use another mod to make them follow such as a lovers invite, they will not go more than a few feet before being pulled back.

I kinda like that though for example I use the Fate Stay Night Saber Companion Series mod which adds an extremely overpowered companion who basically can kill almost anything, so what I did is use the MCS stay command at a player home so that is where she will return to then when I find myself in a tight spot overwhelmed with enemies I use the command that comes with the character to summon and BAM enemies destroyed but because She has the MCS Stay function on her she returns back to the home right after the battle...its pretty epic :)

Any of you guys have problems with Vipcxj's High heels system and MCS? When ever I try to get my companions to use high heel shoes made with Vipcxj's mod integrated, they wont use them right away, I have to use setbody spell to reset my companions body type and only then will they equip it. If I try to give them any new item I have to redo the setbody setting again or else they wont equip the shoes.

I noticed this problem with RPN's lingerie mods too and I have to use the same method to get them to equip the clothes. So maybe this is actually a setbody problem or a combination of all 3. Anyone else having this issues?

Using latest Vipcxj's High heels mod.

Using this setbody mod.

Double checked all MCS settings, double checked armor types.

Tried changing load orders of Setbody and High heels mod.

The setbody mod you installed came with skeletons. They may be competing with Vipcxj's. Reinstall vipcxj's skeletons and see if the problem goes away.

I was hoping that might fix the problem but unfortunately it didnt, it actually made it worse in some cases. Reverted back to maximum compatibility skeleton for now. Am I the only one having these issues? Anyone else use Setbody+High Heels+MCS and have the same issues?

I found something sort of worth mentioning, though it might seem obvious to those who have more experience in oblivioning. The teleport function kind of messes things up if you use it to hop between the shivering isles and normal oblivion land. NPCs on one side wont have their dialogue. It wont break the game, but you need to use the door to cross between worlds.

• 4 weeks later...

I thought I would share something with my fellow MCS users. Its an edited esp of Apachii Goddess Store but I made duplicates of many light armor items and made clothing versions of them. Mirror copies so same price, weight, etc but with no armor ratings of course. I tired to go through the whole store and pick out stuff that I thought would be better as clothing instead of armor, amounts to about 350 items or thereabouts. Obviously this was made in mind with MCS' companion equip options. I love the fact that you can choose 2 different types of armor for your companions to wear and I can spend alot of time just playing dress up with my companions or random NPCs.

I only intended for this mod to be for personal use but since I spent the good part of a week getting it done I thought I might as well share it. I tested each new item individually so as far I can tell they all work with the MCS system.

Little tip for anyone who wants do a similar stuff for their own use or just a general bug report for certain types of clothing/armor that MCS has trouble equipping: Any clothing that has 0.0000 weight(and maybe 0 value too, not sure yet) will give MCS trouble and sometimes cause the clothing not to be equipped.

One workaround is to cast the setbody spell and reselect the body type of the NPC, most of the time this fixes the issue but it wont work all the time and also if you add or remove any item from the NPC's inventory you will need to recast the setbody spell again.

I think this applies to armor as well but in any case if you ever have trouble getting an NPC to use any piece of equipment, try opening the esp and changing the weight of the item, even changing it to 0.0001 is enough.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest †Foggy♥Sugar†

Thanks a lot for keeping these alive, I like Skyrim and all but I still love to play Morrowind and especially Oblivion all the time. These mean a ton to me. <3