Mad Companionship Spells, MCS Extension & HumanTouchNPC!

In my opinion, the best companion mod setup out there.

Mad Companionship Spells 2.5 by madtaro and MCS Extension 1.15 by r_basilico

Update 2/2/12: Updated translation of MCS extension to the latest version. If updating just copy over the old MCS extension.esp with the new esp.

EDIT 12/17/2012: Attached the current version to the post to save any possible MediaFire DLing issues.

MCS Extension v1.15

· In "Common Configuration"

"Follower Skip Fallout Behavior" settings have been added

This setting "On" and companions in the Follow State will no longer stand talking with other NPCs

· Temporarily release the locked state of the MCS · AI ​​package

You can now control the AI ​​package to allow interference from other MOD

(See "Developers MOD" later on).

ob20100815.jpg

ob20090510.jpg

Similar to Toasters Share and Recruit, allows you to make any non hostile NPC or creature a companion. Allows up to 96 companions. Companions can be told to "Do Free" and they will go through their normal routines, but can still be summoned at a moments notice. MCS is all done through spells and a book added to your inventory, while MCS Extension adds dialog topics to recruited NPCs and adds further functionality... Less buggy than CSR and is Lovers and Estrus aware...

3e2566c53f5cc51c2d68b14530dc0193eec219d166f4f3c79b9aeb49feceac0d4g.jpg

13b8bd43ba6ba3783d40ba791997d6b1c8c08b396edd7ff17199a9effcabb82b4g.jpg

126658c0536e9dc8d4d1a851598b692baae121e36d8cd1986ab74e9f83af24ce4g.jpg

Download @ 4shared

Download @ mediafire

[spoiler=mediafire password]

loverslab

HumanTouchNPC 2.3a by r_basilico

Update 10/21/11. Updated translation of the newest release.

v2.3a

· 'Target Leader' is "only for the company already has started the battle"

Specification has been changed to work

(Until now we had started the fighting forces of the state in non-combat companions

The MOD had some cause for unexpected situations)

v2.3

State actors against death magic · "HumantouchNPC" When times are

Now involves only status

In · 'Target Leader' "his players" can now be set up

"The most recent attack against players shed" to target a uniform

Equipment can now be released at the amulet · 'Equip Swimming'

"Cloak Amulet type" Please use the equipment you might want to de-

The default setting is not clear because of the ini file, if necessary

"EquipSwimmingAmulet" Please change the value of

3 seconds to say thank you from the beginning in · 'Thankyou Healing' is

Was to prevent the processing of 'Natural Emotion After Combat'

(To avoid the phenomenon is stopped in the middle of saying thanks).

· Ini files in the "Show messages when triggered Hate" is

Off by default now (I know enough effect).

I will cleanup the change log translation later. :P

Thanks to mtl06 for the translated documentation, ini and work on the scripts!

This is a Companion enhancement mod. You can only adjust the settings on NPCs following you, but appears to work with any NPC follower, regardless of which mod they use. MCS, CSR, CM Partners, stand alone companions, even temporary vanilla followers.

There are videos demonstrating the Mod here: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11596775 But requires registering to watch.

Features

Humantouch Spell;

● 'View Status' [Any Actor] Allows you to see the various Stats of any NPC. Works on any Actor, not just companions.

● 'Target Leader' [NPC / creature] Makes the player or designated companion to be the main target of enemy attacks.

● 'Unequip Weapon / Shield' [NPC only] Sets companions to remove sheild and weapons when not in combat.

● 'Line of Fire' [NPC / creature partially] Sets companions to move laterally and avoid accidentally hitting you or other companions in combat.

● 'Companion Healing' [NPC / creature] If the actor has enough magicka, it will give them a healing spell (3 levels based on available magicka) that they will use on you and other companions.

● 'Hate' [NPC / creature] Prevents them from being affected by the Hate spell if accidentally hit.

● 'Confiscate Bow/Staff' [NPC Only] This is an attempt to fix the notorious empty shooting bug that affects most companion mods. If the companion doesn't successfully fire the Bow/Staff they will be confiscated and returned after combat. Make sure they have a back up weapon.

The contents of a conversation topic ;

● 'Present For You' [NPC only] Allows you to give gifts to NPC's, which raises their Disposition. The amount raised is based on both the value of the item and if it is something they can use. Giving a set of Heavy Armor to a Warrior will net more than giving that same armor to a Mage. Works On all NPCs, not just companions.

● 'I HAVE GREETING' [NPC only] Fixes the "I HAVE NO GREETING" bug.

Other content (Settable in the .ini);

● 'Safe Landing' [NPC/Creature] Eliminates falling damage from companions. On by default.

● 'Nimble Movement' [NPC only] NPC's with a scale less than 1 also has their speed reduce in scale in Vanilla. This fixes that. Makes them equal in speed to 1.0 scale by default.

● 'Switch to SilverWeapon' [NPC only] If the companion is trying to use a non-enchanted weapon on an enemy that has "normal weapons resistance" this has them switch out to silver weapons.

● 'Pure Face' [NPC Women Only] Removes helmets/helms from enemy female NPC's.

● 'Barrage!' [NPC / creature]

● 'Who Killed?' [NPC / creature] Keeps a tally of kills by followers and displays a message on screen when a companion gets a kill. Does both by default, can have it do one or the other or off in the .ini.

● 'RecoilDisabled / StaggerDisabled' [NPC / creature] Disables companions recoiling and staggering when hit. Off by default.

● 'Equip Swimming' [NPC only] Remove heavy armor or all clothing from companions when swimming. It's off by default.

● 'Come here, Followers' [NPC / creature] Adds a spell that makes all active companions, regardless of Mod or vanilla, move to you.

● 'Equip Sleep' [NPC only] Removes armor/ shoes when companions sleep.

● 'Natural Emotion After Combat' [NPC only] Fixes the angry face after combat bug.

● 'Thankyou Healing' [NPC only] NPCs will thank you when you heal them. I've only seen it work with touch spells.

Settings Screen

33a627300be23a01113a24b4632a64923cfac808a84125772eb673c43fcfd9654g.jpg

Status Screen

84a09454bf9a0289675de7d8d22f044d4ac8a469ae2db6f4c1f5cac86976646e4g.jpg

A non-companion

2f746786d2d74caf0ea38791487f7e472fd2b375e5c72448704d677cf9b6b9b24g.jpg

Hud Companions

Adds status bars for active companions health, fatigue, and magicka. Requires OBSE and Pluggy with HUD enabled.

1622051b8466fb691fa921bd397e26f2fe2d27089a2659443999d3fc10232a314g.jpg

MadCompanionshipSpells_v2.5_MCSExtension_v1.15.7z

Yes, thanks for reposting this, Az! Like 2CH Lives, MCS is another one I discovered through you and now couldn't live without.

I messed around with it yesterday and it makes a good workaround for spouse/SO characters. It's fun to see how they relax around your house.

Also, I'm not sure of all that it works on, but I was able to companion one of my character's donkey mounts, which is handy. It's worth a try seeing what it could do with creatures, I'll try to remember to experiment and come back with results.

Yes' date=' thanks for reposting this, Az! Like 2CH Lives, MCS is another one I discovered through you and now couldn't live without.

I messed around with it yesterday and it makes a good workaround for spouse/SO characters. It's fun to see how they relax around your house.

Also, I'm not sure of all that it works on, but I was able to companion one of my character's donkey mounts, which is handy. It's worth a try seeing what it could do with creatures, I'll try to remember to experiment and come back with results.

[/quote']Yep, it opens the doors for many RPing scenarios, more than just companions. As you said spouses/SO, building armies, etc....

It should work on any NPC or creature that isn't aggressive towards you. ;) That's why the ram, horses and rabbit in the screen. :P

Both MCS Extension and HumanTouchNPC have newer versions out.

EDIT: Did the translation of the latest MCS extension. 6 lines' date=' half of which most will never see! :P

The latest HumanTouchNPC, 2.3a, is available on SHY here:

http://shy.jsphr.net/upload/img/ups30441.7z

But HumanTouchNPC needs a full translation :s, so it will take me a few days to get to it.

[/quote']

I actually finished translating HumanTouchNPC v2.3a this afternoon... the esp, all scripts, and the ini file.

As I stated the ESP is translated, and cleaned; however it still contains the Japanese scripts. The translated (English) scripts which need to be imported back into the ESP are in the Docs folder along with the ESP backups created during the translation.

You are more than welcome to look at it and test it to see I messed something up as I have yet to do so (This was my first 'major' translation). If nothing else, hopefully it will give you a base to start with :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?6xa40fqflb629bq

I actually finished translating HumanTouchNPC v2.3a this afternoon... the esp' date=' all scripts, and the ini file.

As I stated the ESP is translated, and cleaned; however it still contains the Japanese scripts. The translated (English) scripts which need to be imported back into the ESP are in the Docs folder along with the ESP backups created during the translation.

You are more than welcome to look at it and test it to see I messed something up as I have yet to do so (This was my first 'major' translation). If nothing else, hopefully it will give you a base to start with :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?6xa40fqflb629bq

[/quote']

Thanks, I will look it over. :D

It shouldn't need any cleaning.

And I see you did the script comments too. I'm always too lazy to do those. :blush:

And your ini looks much better than mine! :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I may be just a nub, but I tried reading the readme and searched before asking this: It keeps stating any NPC I make a companion as 'temporary' as well as a constant charm spell effect activating on the NPC. I also cant seem to have any of them enter into the companion listing.

What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated (great mods regardless!)

Possible MCS bug found? Was using one of the mage from the mages guild and tired to attack her with RaperS "rape touch" spell just to see what would happen. She gave me a 3 strikes warning and then on the fourth hit she drew her weapon on me as well as my second companion and then the game ctd.

Love this mod. Spend more time playing cosplay with my companions then actually fighting and now that I understand the auto equip armor option better, its twice as fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Having all kinds of issues with companions since installing this (was mostly looking for a way to keep my children as companions - as well as telling them to stay home).

Just wondering how compatible this is with such companions as the Neeshka ones, and various CM companions (as well as children from Tamago/Hiyoko), as I am now getting CTD a LOT when zoning (but when I reload the auto-save everything is fine until 2 or 3 more zonings, then CTD again).

The features LOOK great, but so many CTDs since installing.

MCS is an alternative to CM companions, so the two aren't really compatible.

I used to only use CM companions myself for years (since it first came out in fact) but I came to realize that a ton of my crashes where due to it and the dirty edits some of the CM add-ons have. Consequently I dumped it and went to MCS and let me tell you I have not regretted it! MCS plays very well with lovers and especially Tamago.

Your crashes could also be something entirely unrelated to the two mods. Heaven knows I have often enough been fooled by what was really causing CTD's in the past :(

Lastly you should have disabled auto-saves and never use quick-saves. Quick-saves will get corrupted at the drop of a hat and auto-saves aren't much better plus auto-saves often cause CTD themselves.

Either grab Streamline which has a working auto-save feature that won't CTD or corrupt your saves or stick to manual saves (hit escape and select "new save"). Your crashing could be due entirely to a corrupted save. :(

You are welcome to post your load order in the technical support section and folks can try to help you with your load order should you need it.

http://www.loverslab.com/Forum-Technical-Support--10

Welcome to the forum :)

I use MCS with my Tamago kids and the npcs added by 2ChanLives_Moon.

I've experienced no problems with the mod or the MCS extension function so far.

Maybe place the ESP file(s) lower in your load order, right before your lovers mods....like how I have mine setup.

MCS.esp

then the

MCS_Extension.esp under it.

Does anyone know if there's a way to disable the green glow that the MCS companions have? I didn't see an option for it in the ini or the in game configs.

I would also like to get rid of that stupid green swirlie effect...

Probably will have to edit it out of the spell effects in the CS.

In the Configuration settings in MCS Companion List, the book in your inventory, set Companion Detect to Off.

That should solve it.

gregahit - thanks for the answer.

I think what was happening is that I had a couple CM companions (from before installing this mod), and I had them on follow via the CM interface as well as the MCS interface, and that was messing something up pretty badly. I was getting CTDs just talking to them, or zoning with them.

It seems to have been fixed by using the CM convo options as well as the MCS option to have have them "stay", and then using ONLY the MCS option to get them to follow. Will do a bit more testing on this, though.

For saves, I do currently use auto-saves, but the way I manually save is with the console and then just type "save gamename". I picked up that method years ago (when Oblivion was new and I was frustrated about save names), and am using it now that I've reinstalled Oblivion. I'll look into Streamline.

The only other major CTD issue I seem to have (which is unrelated to this mod) is probably a "zoning" thing (not sure how to say it but in MMO terms). When I'm coming up on a zone line or something, and don't notice it, and I think the comp starts loading and I'm still running and boom, CTD.

What is happening is your running out of memory and when that happens CTD :(

Couple of things to fix this:

1. If you are running a 64bit machine and have 3GB or more RAM you can grab: http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php this will add the LAA (large address aware flag to give you more room before hitting your memory cap and crashing.

2. Streamline includes a stream purge function to clear memory periodically as well as a working auto-save (if you don't want to use it you can turn it off - very flexible tool).

3. OSR (oblivion stutter remover) this rather simple tool is quite powerful. Among other things it reworks the memory buffers and also purges memory.

EDIT: Both Streamline (run version 3.1) and OSR are over at the nexus.

The only other major CTD issue I seem to have (which is unrelated to this mod) is probably a "zoning" thing (not sure how to say it but in MMO terms). When I'm coming up on a zone line or something' date=' and don't notice it, and I think the comp starts loading and I'm still running and boom, CTD.

[/quote']

I still get that too, when it happens I just take my hands off of the directional keys until after the lag spike is over. That keeps it from overloading and CTD'ing.

I realize that this doesn't fix the fundamental problem that my system has, but it lets me play for 4-hour spans (the longest I can get in before I have to go to bed or do something else...lol)

I have made this expansion to MCS and MCS Extension, it was for personal use, but maybe it could be of interest for others so i am posting here.

MCS v2.5 & MCS Extension v1.14a "Long Run" version:
I use Tamago/Hiyoko club, i love it, and MCS is an invaluable help to deal whit so many children.
BUT since i have many concubines, wifes and slaves, and they happily have sex whit eachothers, it's not surprising that the limit of 96 companions that MCS have is quite low.
So i took the long and boring duty to modify MCS & MCS extension to reach the limit of 203 companions (i have reached the size-limit for the scripts here LOL).

This version has to be used as a replacement of the originals, do not mix my 2 .esp whit the "vanilla" versions :)

MCS & MCS Extension "Long Run"

This is indeed a step-up from plain old CSR which I still keep active for a few reasons...mainly the ability to get your mage NPCs to learn spells from scrolls which is VERY handy as I'm sure many of you know all too well.

It'd be nice if one could tell the NPCs when to change their clothes in MCS. Do they always do it automatically or is there a way to keep them in their armor while in the dungeon, etc, etc.??

It'd be nice if one could tell the NPCs when to change their clothes in MCS. Do they always do it automatically or is there a way to keep them in their armor while in the dungeon' date=' etc, etc.??

[/quote']Hit them with the MCSextension spell. There is an option Auto (clothes or armor) or Always Armor.

It'd be nice if one could tell the NPCs when to change their clothes in MCS. Do they always do it automatically or is there a way to keep them in their armor while in the dungeon' date=' etc, etc.??

[/quote']Hit them with the MCSextension spell. There is an option Auto (clothes or armor) or Always Armor.

mrburns_excellent1.jpeg

Much thanks.