Aranae - Spider Elves

It's not necessary to add a new magic effect, the one you need is the script effect. Coupled with some scripts.

Another important thing to watch out for is the faction the creature is in. Hostiles are in all sorts of player-hating aggressive factions while a companion creature must be in the player faction. There are a few mods with such summonable creatures.

One plugin that has a lot of summonable creatures as well as a unique approach to them is 'Midas Magic':

The summons are not on a timer but stay with the player indefinitely! They need to be 'un-summoned' when you don't want them around anymore with a special touch spell. I always liked this concept. Might be worth taking a look at the mod's many scripts in search of the ones useful to you.

&%$#!!!!  :@  :@  :angry:

I had to go the Rant thread to ease the pain of frustration...

How do people manage to understand scripting?

I looked at Midas scripts and there are thousands of them...

I looked into the most related to the things I want to achieve here... but its very very complex... each script leads to the other, or to a spell or item that leads to yet a another script or a quest I don't even know what purpose fulfills... so everything is connected, and I cant' figure out where to make the incision to extract what is needed and how to arrange it... one of the most frustrating tasks ever

I still don't give up but I'll refresh my mind and give it some time before continuing

I managed to make the summon though other means though

Something called OBME (Oblivion Magic Extender)

Lets you create new magic effects, Spiderling was summoned in game so it could work but the summoned leaves like normal summon spell

The perfect summon is done with scripting... but its complex as hell...

O_O, damn. Maybe recommending Midas wasn't such a good idea after all...

I have seen it has an amazing amount of scripts, but I didn't assume it was that complicated. Although this whole scripting stuff has always been completely cryptic to me, I did hope Xilver's scripts were simple. But probably scripts never are simple.

But I have another idea. Going to PM you about it. For now using OBME at least has produced a tangible and working result.

That's the nature of scripting. At least Oblivion's.

I recommend you to extract every script in the plugin using either Wrye or CSE script editor. I prefer Wrye because the ones via CSE cannot be read by basic notepad.

Then open all of them with notepad++ or anything that is more advanced than notepad, and use "search entire folder" to track down all the nested function calls. Don't trust CSE text finder too much.

• 1 year later...

Yes but clothes or armors can use the tail Slot, so you can add it in the esp in the race as tail.

You can use all armors and clothes as Body. Vanilla Body is a Body with clothes. You can use Nude Bodies or Body(mesh) with Bikini, Lingerie or armor as Body replacer.

And you can use Khajiit-, Argonian-, Bunny-, Fox-Tail or insect Abdomen as Tail Mesh.

• 1 month later...

It say "This is not a valid Oblivion plugin or master file" in OblivionLauncher

Wth ?

Have you unpacked the file ? It's no OMod , you can not put the SpiderElves v1%2e0.tgz in your OMod Folder.

Unpack the file.  Then copy  ONE esp and the meshes and textures Folder in your Oblivion\data Folder.

In the Oblivion Modmanager you activate the esp (  SpiderRace (NO WINGS).esp    or  SpiderRace (WINGS).esp  )

Are you sure you have no hair ? Some Mods have a "hair Problem".

Change the race and back to the Spider elves and the hair is shown.

Have you closed the creation menu ? still no hair ?

read post 7, 9 and 10

from post 9

In detail:

Ren's hair pack used path: Oblivion/Data/Meshes/Characters/Ren/Hair

My personal compilation uses Oblivion/Data/Meshes/Characters/Hair/Ren

Same goes for Textures folder

So it's just a matter of wrong path

-------------------------------

So you must create  Folders Oblivion/Data/Meshes/Characters/Hair/Ren  and  Oblivion/Data/Textures/Characters/Hair/Ren

Then copy the files from "Ren's Beauty Pack" hair Folders ( Oblivion/Data/Meshes/Characters/Ren/Hair and   Oblivion/Data/textures/Characters/Ren/Hair ) in the new Folders.

EDIT; or download the Aranae-RensBeautyPackPatch.rar from post 10.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...