The positive thought thread.

I won a game of civ 5.. I think thats positive.

American accents are too varied to judge em, I've heard over 10 accents alone watching Maury past few days

Good point, I keep forgetting that. When I think of the "American" accent, what I imagine is what 90 percent of people on TV sound like. It's sort of a generic accent. Sure, there's southern accents and northern accents, and so on. I know that England has a northern accent and southern accent, but they're all sexy. As for American accents, while I don't really think of them as "sexy", I will say a man with a Georgia accent makes me swoon a little. (For those who don't know, a Georgia accent would sound like Foghorn Leghorn without the stuttering).

Australians always have lovely accents. And most Brits. It makes me wonder if there's a country out there that thinks American accents are lovely or sexy. Probably not.

I Love american accents, especially on some words they just sound better american. 

Really? What words? I want to know what to say should I ever meet a hot British lesbian.

I love the way Americans say "pancake". See here (in the UK) we don't mince words, we just say it. It goes PAN cake. It's quite crude and harsh.

But when an American says it.... paaancake. God I love it. It elucidates the lovely, warm, delicious, word elongating and mouth watering nature of a pancake much better than the way we say it, which just sounds sad and pathetic. 

"Paaancakes.... with maaaple syrup." God, I get hot beneath the collar just thinking about it.

@ Lord_dweedle:

I would have thought one wanker on a toilet seat is enough. Two is a crowd my friend.

I've never thought about how we say pancake. I think of how British people say it, and it sounds more sophisticated, even from the more rural accents. I'd rather sound like Eliza Doolittle, even if that accent is frowned upon by a lot of British society (or is it? I confess, I'm not sure).

By the way, I've always thought Australians sound like they're from Boston. Yknow, "pahk the cah in the yahd."

"You, you and you, fack off, we're having tiffin..."

Hahaha had me in stitches. Steven Fry once said, very fittingly, that "A cut glass English accent can fool unsuspecting Americans into detecting a brilliance that isn't there" which is one of the reasons I suspect a lot of British personalities get paid shit loads of money to be on American TV.

Family guy really took the piss with that regarding Russel Brand, when Stewie (after hearing him say something incomprehensible) comes up to him and throws money at him: "Here's a shit load of cash, want to be on TV?"

But I digress. Accents can be very... distracting. They are loaded from the minute you hear them.

Enough is enough! I've had it with these motherfucking spammers on this motherfucking thread!

Sorry, that is only apparent if you were aware that two different spambots chose this thread to spam in. Both deleted, of course. Damn spam junkies.

Anyway, anybody wanna give me a positive thought? I could use one right about now. Or two even, don't be shy!