The positive thought thread.

I guess this kinda is a follow up to my recent post above.

I love my games. And when somebody decides to make a movie from them, I must realize these aren't being made for gamers, or those already familiar with the lore.

Sure, they hope our familiarity will convince us to 'also' see it/them, but knowing how they pick and choose till it no longer resembles something we enjoy, I find it better to skip these lately. Especially when created in the TV format.

I like Henry Cavill, and I like the Witcher, but I'd be hard pressed to see my expectations 'challenged'. The cringe factor I get from movies and TV shows based on something 'not' familiar to the avg couch potato can be avoided by not participating.

This decision comes after years of participation, and usually, disappointment. It feels good to remove the shackles of expectation, replacing it with the knowledge that my preferred choice of entertainment is in someway being exposed to the masses.

Maybe now I can talk about things to other non gamers whom enjoy game related shows.....

On 11/22/2019 at 11:41 PM, landess said:

It finally dawned on me - no one is ruining my childhood with the silly remakes/reboots. I'll always have those. They were fine, done, finished. Anything else this much later is just ruining someone elses childhood.

That's how I try to look at it. It's still kind of hard to sit and watch knowing "This will be someone's first experience with (insert series here) " and probably ruin for them. There is always exceptions, sometimes remakes/reboots can actually turn out awesome. One that comes to mind was the Judge Dredd reboot

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Went to a pizza place. Order slice of a special desert pizza.(you can order the pizza like if it was a buffet but have to pay for each slice)  Guy tells me it's free cause it's too small and according to the place they give aways slice that are too small and also it was the last one. So i decide to buy a portion a fries with that. again it's free cause the fries been there for too long. 

So i went back 2 weeks later and decide to buy 1 pizza. I order. then procced to wait until it's done. the clerk tells me. Your pizza stuck to it's mold and now we have to give you 2 slice for free. you can leave with this pizza or you can wait for a new one.

So yea i got free food 2 times in a row at the same place

this is a Japanese commercial (has more substance than a Hollywood blockbuster)

i guess the positive thought is that it's never too late to learn - it just comes down to what motivates you

00:00 (Announcement) "Father of the Bride will send a music message to the Bride."

00:30 Groom "I'm surprised that your father can play the piano."

00:57 Bride "Stop it."

01:09 Bride "Stop it plz..."

01:13 Bride "The song is...Why you play it..."(Past scene, Bride's mother played CANON when Bride was a child.)

01:35 Bride "Sloppy..."

01:45 Bride "Play gently at the part..."

01:55 (Funeral scene, holding the remains of Bride's mother.)

02:05 (After Bride's mother was dead, Bride fell out with her father.)

02:13 Bride "Though you are awkward..."

02:48 Bride "You can do it..."

02:54 Bride "You can do it."

02:59 Bride "You can do it, Dad...!"

03:12 (Message) Music is able to surpass Word.

found english sub

43 minutes ago, hogsmaws said:

this is a Japanese commercial

While I tend to avoid most pop music - I find the Japanese have taken western instruments and music and given us westerners something new to appreciate. I find many examples playing games created by the Japanese.

Final Fantasy is an obvious one - I can sit in the car in XV and just ride around listening to all the music included from earlier releases. Enjoyable and relaxing. Thank God for the Japanese. They still know how to take time and not make everything like an assembly line....

3 hours ago, hogsmaws said:

if this doesn't restore some faith in humanity i doubt anything will

"Let’s make no mistake here; this is a commercial for Banco Sabadell. And, yes, it’s a majestic, highly orchestrated flashmob organized by one of Spain’s largest banking

Oh.

My faith is not restored, People'll stick faith into politics, politics into faith, but it's really all about money.

OTOH....

8 hours ago, 2dk2c.2 said:

"Let’s make no mistake here; this is a commercial for Banco Sabadell. And, yes, it’s a majestic, highly orchestrated flashmob organized by one of Spain’s largest banking

Oh.

My faith is not restored, People'll stick faith into politics, politics into faith, but it's really all about money.

OTOH....

oh true? i had no idea that a bank staged this spectacle. i thought it was organic or at least just planned by regular musicians. damn banks...

how about this then.

2 hours ago, hogsmaws said:

a bank staged this spectacle

It very cleverly used this concept to show the 'fundamentals' of banking. A young person puts in a small amount, and over time it grows, and the longer this happens, the more she gets for her money.....

Regardless of the actual video, I like music, so watching a form of choreographed 'jam' session growing was fun.

3 minutes ago, landess said:

It very cleverly used this concept to show the 'fundamentals' of banking. A young person puts in a small amount, and over time it grows, and the longer this happens, the more she gets for her money.....

Regardless of the actual video, I like music, so watching a form of choreographed 'jam' session growing was fun.

I liked the 10,000 Japanese singing better. More inspiring.

I mean, they had to learn and pronounce German perfectly (the soloists were fantastic)

And 10K people harmonizing damn near perfectly must be a (well it's hard, anyway)

And they weren't singers on some lunch break, they must have practiced.

WHY they practiced is another matter, I do not know that..

4 minutes ago, 2dk2c.2 said:

I liked the 10,000 Japanese singing better. More inspiring.

I mean, they had to learn and pronounce German perfectly (the soloists were fantastic)

And 10K people harmonizing damn near perfectly must be a (well it's hard, anyway)

And they weren't singers on some lunch break, they must have practiced.

WHY they practiced is another matter, I do not know that..

O.

Plus I am getting real tired of messages couched into subtext.

But that's just me.

"It's a wonderful Life" vs "A Christmas Carol"

It's a wonderful life usually wins, but they are better financed

Positive thought (o geez):

I'll edit this. 

I'm getting dyslexia in my dotage, it consistently says "The POINTless thought thread"

• 3 weeks later...

For many years I used to blame the 'No spanking' as reasons for problems with the youth of today. But with some insight, and other information, it's good to know I was mistaken. The so called problems are more a form of generational bias, added to increased population, technical capabilities and social awareness. I used to despise what I viewed as the 'dumbing down' of today as well as the concept of catering to the lowest common denominator.

With so many trying to grasp so much, I look at it more as trying to get everyone on the same page. Only then can we move forward.

I found this interesting and reading between the lines, can be applied to many areas of thought.

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2020 at 1:06 AM, Kendo 2 said:

Western women are like Spam.

• easy to open container
  • the meat is dubious
  • it’s only palatable if properly prepped
  • too much of it will make you sick
  • expiration date of 30 years

? How is that a positive thought?

I need to visit America for a while. See what your culture is all about. ?