Happy early easter psychomachina :)

Thank you, very much.  Happy Easter to you too! 

If your curious about the GT Elins, still more work is being done, particularly the 'male' Elins and I'm also putting together a new beauty mod which I would like to use with the GT races.  So far, the beauty mod is becoming a monster-size collection.  In the mean-time, please be patient.

By tailbone you mean the one that's in the vanilla skeleton/skeleton replacers, right? I was talking about how it should supposedly work, as in hip BONE, not hip NODE xD'' But I think you understood what I meant anyway.

I was speaking in a visual sense.  The base of the tail sticking out of the body where a person's tail-bone ends.

PsychoMachina, just to report, I don't think it's an issue with the tail bones, I believe Bethesda royally screwed up something with the update because now my elin's tail nor eyes will animate anymore. She won't blink, and her tail acts like it's made of cardboard. The only way I can get the tail to animate again is to load a previous save pre-update but it doesn't last long. It's seriously getting annoying now that I can't even load a save or do anything without glitching up.

EDIT: I figured the tail issue out, it's because of chesko's Frostfall, the mod adds in travel cloaks and I figured out the reason it's bugging out like that is because of the cloak. Apparently it stops all tail animation from the cloak, not sure if it is designed to hide the player's tail or not but it seems to completely disable any animations when using it. As for the eyes however doing a little bit of a search around seems that while they fixed the eye issue for NPCs and while sleeping, it bugged out the player now instead. Sometimes your eyes will permanently remain open but if you ever sleep and use a mod that displays it your eyes will remain closed even when you awaken. Bethesda sure knows how to bug out their own game...

if they did that they wouldn't be doing a very good job. if bethesda didn't release fixes for their own games and relied on what the community came up with then they would either have to base the new DLC off of the communities fixes OR base the DLC off of the vanilla game which would be glitchy as hell.

communities fixes = unofficial fixes that could cause issues with their new official DLC and since their optional to the community basing their new dlc off of it would make it mandatory to download these "optional" fixes. this would also mean the DLC they release would take longer to make because then they would have to wait for the communities fixes to be at a point where they feel its stable enough for them to start working on their DLC instead of releasing a fix they themselves created knowing its stable enough for the DLC.

then theres the second option....basing DLC off of the base vanilla game with no fixes what so ever....are you kidding me? dumbest thing...ever......now if they let the community choose to have the fixes or not the DLC would have to be part of those optional fixes then because they would contain the same or bring about even worse bugs and glitches but since they're based on the vanilla version of the game WITH OUT fixes then the communities fixes would ALSO then take longer to be released.

either way its a lose lose situation if they didn't release fixes of their own. so it's annoying to see the vesrion of the game change when they release bug and glitch fixes but it also makes future mod creating all the more easy since everyone will have the same version of the game. this isn't like Oblivion or morrowind where downloading any updates was purely up to the owner of each copy of the game by going to the website to see if there WAS an update. the games were never connected to the net originally so there was no telling what was what unless YOU went to the site. and since updates to the games came out frequently enough that mods later down the line required the latest patch to the game you coudlnt rely on the game to update itself like it can now on steam. everyones on the same page at all times because of the steam updater making modding all the more easy.

I think Bethesda's idea is to just fix a couple bugs and then let the community sort out the rest themselves. They probably figure since they allow modding for their games that any bugs they fix may be overwritten by a mod somebody creates so they'll let the community deal with it. Why spend the extra manpower when they can let the fans do it for them for free? Eventually if a big enough bug comes out or they gather up enough fixes to make it worthwhile releasing a patch they will, otherwise as I said, let the fans do the work for them.

The problem is the time it usually takes for them to fix some of the problems and any new bugs introduced with each dlc.  When I got Dawnguard, it was about 2 months after release and I came upon the Drain Vitality shout bug and the glitch with the word wall at Arcwind.  I had to start over because of that bug.  I haven't checked, but has the 1.9 update fixed that?  If not, then I will have to rely on Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.  I already have two characters that been to Arcwind while using the unofficial patch and so far so good, but I don't feel like rolling a new character to test if the 1.9 update fixed it.

@Skyramiel

Body slider is used for making bodies.  If you can edit an existing body, I would very much be interested.  You can use body slider to make a new Elin body, but keep in mind that the custom skeletons is what dictates the shapes and size.  If, for example, you make a new body with wide hips that you find to be just right, adding the Elin skeletons will add girth to the body and she will be bottom-heavy.

Speaking of body sliders, I have been devoting more attention to the new beauty mod (jumping from one project to another and back again is proving to be a case of much work for little results) and I am in the middle of making some custom bodies.  Currently it's CBBE and next it's UNP.

CBBE

1) Rubenesque

post-64505-0-33112400-1364859595_thumb.jpg

2) Rubenesque Better Breasts

post-64505-0-33636500-1364859604_thumb.jpg

3)  Burlesque

post-64505-0-87491500-1364859611_thumb.jpg

I'll also work on a femboy body that allows selecting the penis size/type much the same way as selecting the Elin ears/tails by way of the FACIAL HAIRS slider.  Whether this can be accomplished I can't say right now.

If this works out then I'll add the beauty mod to Girls of Tera.

EDIT:  Before anyone asks, the penis selection will not be from the FACIAL HAIRS slider, rather another one, maybe the SCARS slider.

Is this race compatible with the PC Exclusive animation mod?

Hello Sets00na

The Elin race should be compatible.  I have tested many animation mods, even the TBBP animations, and they work.  In fact, the Elin Idle animation is similar to the PC-exclusive animation mod in that it only affects Elins.

Sorry, Wrong question, I mean How do I replace the heads of the bodies?

What I want is the body that I made in bodyslider but have elin faces, and elin heads.

You want to continue using the Elin heads, but only change the body?  Replace the body meshes in DATA > MESHES > ACTORS > 2CHELIN BBP BODY FIX.

Body slider will create two files, femalebody_0.nif and femalebody_1.nif.  Just add these two files in the 2chelin BBP BODY FIX folder and allow overwriting of the original femalebody_0.nif and femalebody_1.nif files.  Remember to install the correct custom Elin body mod first and the one matching the new body you created (install Elin CBBE custom body then install your new CBBE body files.  The same applies to the custom UNP body).

TIP:  If you press and hold the Control (CTRL) key while clicking on the Create This Body button in body slider, the two new files will be saved in the Body Slider folder (in the same folder as BodySlide.exe).

Is there a way to use custom skin textures for this mod? 

I like to install Sporty Sexy Sweat http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/28946

After installing the Elin custom body (CBBE or UNP), go to DATA > TEXTURES > ACTORS > 2chELIN TEXTURE FIX folder.  This is where the custom body textures are located and here is where you add the Sporty Sexy Sweat files.  I have done it before (added the Fair Skin Sweaty body) when trying out some ENBs.

As luck would have it, while nearing the completion of making custom CBBE bodies for the upcoming Beauty Mod update, I finally was successful in making a CBBE version of the CotS body that uses the x106 skeleton because it's compatible with the latest ECE at Nexus.

post-64505-0-36651200-1365101345_thumb.jpgpost-64505-0-27863600-1365101354_thumb.jpg

I would seem she can also wear the loli, UNP outfits as well as CBBE though there are some trade-offs.  I'll need to try the other CotS custom armors and the Fox 6000 armors.

@Psychomachina

1. Hello there. I want to ask something. I wonder if there are a lot of other choices of eyes for Elin? Specifically the first few types which has glow or 'life' in them. Other eye types are great but it is like the Elin is staring blankly or is blind or something.

2. I wanted to ask if you can make a follower for me? I have tested CK quite a lot, I managed to make followers with vanilla races but not custom races. Even then my followers will end up having no recruit choices sometimes (I follow step by step guide to make followers). My desired follower should is not complicated, as it uses normal Elin face and hair meshes.

@Psychomachina

1. Hello there. I want to ask something. I wonder if there are a lot of other choices of eyes for Elin? Specifically the first few types which has glow or 'life' in them. Other eye types are great but it is like the Elin is staring blankly or is blind or something.

2. I wanted to ask if you can make a follower for me? I have tested CK quite a lot, I managed to make followers with vanilla races but not custom races. Even then my followers will end up having no recruit choices sometimes (I follow step by step guide to make followers). My desired follower should is not complicated, as it uses normal Elin face and hair meshes.

Hello Nabaeru

1) Do you prefer the refective, solid color eyes (without pupils)?  The Elins do look better with those eye types.  The others, with pupils, look decent with eyes that are not wide-eye because it gives them the appearance of staring blankly into space.

I can make some eye color replacers that feature rich, solid colors.  Something to add when I release an update which, btw, will include a wolf Elin (not to be confused with a werewolf).

2)  Have you tried the Elin followers. 

http://www.mediafire.com/?0k7qzso4h5ibp

or http://www.4shared.com/dir/5NRojbei/Followers.html and http://www.4shared.com/dir/wNxX6VC0/Followers-Standalone.html

• Sisters MiYa and Yika.  Standalone; found in Whiterun Drunken Huntsmen.
  • Rem.  Standalone; found in Whiterun Dragonreach near the entrance where you first meet Lydia.
  • Elin Mages, Firelin, Icelin, and Thundelin.  Non-standalone; found in the Arcanaeum at College of Winterhold.

If you want a new, different follower and you mentioned having some experience making followers, you can have a look at the afore-mentioned Elin followers in CK and maybe the provided information can be of some help.  I wouldn't mind making one, but right now I have 4 different projects that need to get done.

1. This eye variant. I just hope that it has more colors. If there isn't any other color variant of it, then it's fine.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?qijexx7404174xc

2. I know about the followers and used them before. Lin looks cute but I can't put clothes on her. So I am trying to recreate my character and make it into a follower. The same pic as the link above I provided. She doesn't differ that much from Rem, just her hair color (blonde) and facial features (eyes, lips, brows). I hope to make her a spellsword follower, named Misty.

good day Psychomachina :), I had a few question on this mod.  I use race menu and was wondering if that would be okay to use or will I have to re-install and dl ECE? I liked ECE but hated the skeleton it came with as I run ADEC+TBBP+Aureolean+TBBP custom Skeleton for TBBP Custom pack 8 that has 4 pack (male, female, beast) - TBBP, DSpSoB WOB, Realistic Ragdolls.  My other question is is there a way I can replace the body and skeleton of the Elin to have ADEC+TBBP? or am I stuck using the current CBBE body? any help on this would be fantastic as I am trying to learn to mod as well as make my personal game look good so any information I can get on things is very helpful :).  Ty for your time.

good day Psychomachina :), I had a few question on this mod.  I use race menu and was wondering if that would be okay to use or will I have to re-install and dl ECE? I liked ECE but hated the skeleton it came with as I run ADEC+TBBP+Aureolean+TBBP custom Skeleton for TBBP Custom pack 8 that has 4 pack (male, female, beast) - TBBP, DSpSoB WOB, Realistic Ragdolls.  My other question is is there a way I can replace the body and skeleton of the Elin to have ADEC+TBBP? or am I stuck using the current CBBE body? any help on this would be fantastic as I am trying to learn to mod as well as make my personal game look good so any information I can get on things is very helpful :).  Ty for your time.

Good Day Mistle

To be honest, I have not tested the Elins with RaceMenu and only a minor test with ECE-CME and that was for a different type of Elins I'm currently working on and also uses the current Elin bodies.  Since RaceMenu is comprised of an ESP and BSA then go ahead and try it (less files to install/uninstall compared to ECE).  Keep in mind that the Elins use a custom head mesh that, most likely, will not work with any head/face sliders introduced by RaceMenu.

If you are having issues with skeleton scaling, I suggest trying the other skeletons as there are basically 3 types: 1) normal height/normal scale weapons, 2) child height/normal scale weapons, and 3) child height/small scale weapons.  The others are really patches to fix the bow (arrow an arm displacement) and patches to make Duel Sheath plus Shield on Back mod compatible.  Both are not perfect.

As for adding ADEC TBBP, you would have to both install the ADEC-TBBP files normally and install the meshes and skeletons (not animation files) in the Elin race folders since they are standalone (they don't alter the bodies of other NPCs).  The reason for this set-up is because if you use any ADEC-TBBP armor, your game will crash if the TBBP files are not in their normal folder paths.  This doesn't mean the Elins will have the ADEC body and that is why you need to install the meshes/skeletons/textures in the race folders.

Here is what you will need to do to add the ADEC-TBBP files to the Elin race:

Requirements

- You need to install one of the custom Elin body packs (CBBE or UNP, but go ahead with CBBE).  This allows the Elins to use a custom body.

1) ADEC-TBBP skeleton

- Rename the TBBP beast skeletons to skeletonfemale.nif and install in DATA > MESHES > ACTORS > 2chELIN FIX.

- If there is a TBBP beast skeleton labled skeleton.nif then install in the same folder as the new skeletonfemale.nif.

The Elins use a beast skeleton which has tail bones.  No tail bones would cause the game to crash since the Elin tails are connected to those tail bones.

2) ADEC-TBBP meshes.  Add these files to DATA > MESHES > ACTORS > 2chElin BBP BODY FIX folder:

- femalebody_0.nif and femalebody_1.nif

- femalehands_0.nif and femalehands_1.nif

- femalefeet_0.nif and femalefeet_1.nif

- 1stperson femalehands_0.nif and 1stperson femalehands_1.nif

3) ADEC-TBBP textures.  Add these files to DATA > MESHES > ACTORS > 2chElin TEXTURES FIX folder.

- femalebody_1.dds, femalebody_1_msn.dds, femalebody_1_s.dds, and femalebody_1_sk.dds

- femalehands_1.dds, femalehands_1_msn.dds, femalehands_1_s.dds, and femalehands_1_sk.dds

Now keep in mind that, since you replaced the Elin skeletons with the TBBP skeleton, the Elin will now be adult height.  If you don't mind them being adult height, you must now go to DATA > MESHES > ACTORS > CHARACTER folder and delete the _1stPerson folder which contains the 1st-person skeleton.  If there are other files in there then just delete skeleton.nif.

This should do it.  If you have any questions let me know.