Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tera Elin Race - *Old Version*

Race Tera Elin Companions Followers

• Please log in to reply
781 replies to this topic

Yanazake

Yanazake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

From what I can see, the "new elin race" is basically done, and the Girls of Tera elin is a completely different mod, that just happen to be related to the same type of character.

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

silvernirvash

silvernirvash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

question where exactly IS the "girls of tera" version of the elin race? is THIS the thread containing it? or is it on a separate thread or site?

PsychoMachina

PsychoMachina

Huggy Bear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts

I just want to say (And this is my first post here, yay!) that I've been using the Elin race ever since I first saw it here. I love it because I can recreate or almost recreate, my elin from TERA into the Skyrim world. I'm absolutely loving the mod. However and maybe this isn't a justified concern, but work on the elin race isn't going to end, is it? I've looked at the screenshots for the Girls of Tera mod and truthfully, it looks very much like a dwarven race with everything. Not that there's anything wrong with that mind you, but for some people like myself it's just not the right type of mod. Also if work on the elin race is discontinued in favor of the Girls of Tera won't there be issues and problems converting to a new race? As far as I've gone in the game I don't really want to start all over just to use future races or updates.

So far I've been making some of my own tiny personal tweaks, like converting the wolf ears/tail set to work with the custom hair packs, it works the same way as the other ears/tail styles set up in the facial slot. I also found this mod which works perfect with the Race Menu mod on the Skyrim Nexus site to tweak my elin's proportions to look more in-line with the elin race from TERA. Widened the hips, shrank the torso a little using the UNP body and adjusted the head size.

The screenshots I posted was only to show what progress I had made since I kept pushing back the release date.  Here are some of the current screenshots.

Attached File  Tara.jpg   90.86KB   105 downloadsAttached File  Tara 2.jpg   91.62KB   192 downloadsAttached File  ScreenShot53.jpg   53.46KB   232 downloadsAttached File  ScreenShot54.jpg   61.26KB   190 downloads

It's still a work in progress.  There should not be any conflicts between the New Elin race and Girls of Tera because each will be standalone, that is, no files are shared between the two.  I'm aiming to make these two playable together, for example, having a GT Elin, Castanic, or High Elf pc with the current Elin npcs and followers.  I have not given up on the current Elins.

I am using Enhanced Character Edit with Character Making Extender.  I know RaceMenu is popular, but ECE-CME is ever evolving and just yesterday I downloaded the latest version of CME.  The author of CME even made a patch for the Skyrim 1.9 beta update.  Do you know he is the one that made the ShowRaceMenu PreCache Killer?

Here are some screens of some of the slider options offered by ECE-CME (and this isn't even the latest version).

http://www.mediafire...7emvp5b7qcyjbie

So when making a GT Elin, Castanic, or High Elf there won't be any dwarves.  In case anyone is wondering, there is a breast slider that works with the current custom Elin bodies.  It ranges from almost perfect flat-chest to CHSBHC size.

From what I can see, the "new elin race" is basically done, and the Girls of Tera elin is a completely different mod, that just happen to be related to the same type of character.

As I mentioned before, the New Elin race is not really 'done'.  I have the Fox Cafe X mod that I would like to modify by replacing the npcs with the current Elins.  Maybe include the GT races as options.  I would like to also replace the orphans for Hearthfire and when I get Dragonborn, I'll see what I can do with that one.

PsychoMachina

PsychoMachina

Huggy Bear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts

question where exactly IS the "girls of tera" version of the elin race? is THIS the thread containing it? or is it on a separate thread or site?

It will be posted in this thread.  It is not done so that is why you don't see any links for the files.

silvernirvash

silvernirvash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

AH OK THEN that makes sense lol

PsychoMachina

PsychoMachina

Huggy Bear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts

UPDATE:  I got the 'male' Elins to accept the CME morphs, however, not all of the sliders are appearing.  At least the head is not seriously glitching.  More work needs to be done, but at least some progress has been made.

'Male' Elin

Attached File  mElin1.jpg   87.77KB   180 downloadsAttached File  mElin2.jpg   87.43KB   175 downloads

It seems part of the problem is the game wants to add the male morphs with the female morphs.  One example is the hair selection also includes the male hairs.  So close yet, so far.

silvernirvash

silvernirvash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

well heres my question then...for the male side firstly why not redo the body for it specifically for the male? take out the breasts and make it completely flat chested?  secondly why say there are no dwarfs in your version? elins are small child size even. they aren't DWARFS but they are definitely not ADULT.

PsychoMachina

PsychoMachina

Huggy Bear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts

You mean make the 'male' Elins look completely like males or flat-chest just like the real Elins.  If I can get the rest of the CME sliders to appear then anyone can make her flat-chest or bustier.

why say there are no dwarfs in your version? elins are small child size even. they aren't DWARFS but they are definitely not ADULT.

Dwarves look different than Elins.  Traditionally, a dwarfs physiology can be described as humanoid, burly, and with arms and legs disproportionately shorter than the rest of their body.  The New Elins are child-size and the GT Elins are child-size.  Elins can be described as girls with large hips and slightly larger heads.

EDIT:  Here is the female GT Elin with the CBBE Slim Flat body with help from the Breast slider.  Is this what you are referring to?

Spoiler

Yanazake

Yanazake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
I still hope the level of flat is seriously flat, so I don't get a "futa" elin, but a femboy of sorts. Everything is looking great, PM! Keep going!

PsychoMachina

PsychoMachina

Huggy Bear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts

Hmm, so is it safe to say everyone wants a femboy and not a dickgirl?  Wouldn't the Elin hips ruin the look?  Maybe make the hip curves less pronounce.

Yanazake

Yanazake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
Less curve would be ok for a femboy, but they still need the big hips and thrighs anyway. You could STILL try to make a sepparate version called "male elins" that are still on the female slot, or the futa version as sepparate... I mean, considering the clothes and all, I'd totally prefer everyone refering to the character as female, no matter how it looks. Btw, the flatness level seems almost right. I wouldn't mind using that setting.

samusknight2k

samusknight2k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

So the "new" elins, will they be using a completely different face or the same current one that is available for the existing race? Cartoonish or not, it's the facial structure that I think stands out the most beyond the body shape to me. Looking at the GT elin for example there it looks a great deal different from the existing elin race mod that's available. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding this, I just went back through the thread to get an idea what's going on a bit more so I believe I probably am.

I really like the elins that use the regular TERA assets over the GT ones and don't want to see the head it uses replaced with the ones seen in the screenshots. I know they're GT images which is why I'm asking about that. But regarding the custom skeletons for the elin race is there something wrong with it? It might just be me but when looking at my elin the left leg seems shorter compared to the right. I'm not using any custom animation files for it but it just appears to be shorter. I'm using the skeleton from the NER Custom UNP TBBP-2013Jan07.7z archive, the one with the regular size, and regular sized weapons using the bow fix.

PsychoMachina

PsychoMachina

Huggy Bear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts

The GT Elin's origin began with people asking if there was a version that was less anime.  Trying to make the current Elins face look less anime is like trying to give Children of the Sky H-cups.  So I decided to make them more human in appearance.  I figured the CBBE and UNP bodies are popular despite the fact they look nothing like the Tera Elins.

From there it branched out to Girls of Tera which includes loli Castanic and High Elf races.  Of course, it sounded weird to me calling it Girls of Tera with male Castanics and High Elves and the Elins are female only, so I decided to make the males as females (of sorts).

So the new look for the Elins is not meant to replace the current one, only as an alternative for those who wants a less anime-looking Elin.

There may be a different version of Girls of Tera, in the near future, featuring the current Elins, but it will not include a playable 'male' counterpart.

Regarding the skeletons, I will have to have a look at them with Nifscope to see if one leg is shorter than the other, but I have a feeling it's either an optical illusion similar to when you make what you thought is a perfect screenshot and the result shows your character tilted in a slight angle.

Can you provide a screenshot?

silvernirvash

silvernirvash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

You mean make the 'male' Elins look completely like males or flat-chest just like the real Elins.  If I can get the rest of the CME sliders to appear then anyone can make her flat-chest or bustier.

why say there are no dwarfs in your version? elins are small child size even. they aren't DWARFS but they are definitely not ADULT.

Dwarves look different than Elins.  Traditionally, a dwarfs physiology can be described as humanoid, burly, and with arms and legs disproportionately shorter than the rest of their body.  The New Elins are child-size and the GT Elins are child-size.  Elins can be described as girls with large hips and slightly larger heads.

EDIT:  Here is the female GT Elin with the CBBE Slim Flat body with help from the Breast slider.  Is this what you are referring to?

Spoiler

and thats pretty much how i want my males to look in that picture. flat chested same or similar hips to the female elins just with what makes them male lol. i myself am a femboy in real life so i'd like to be able to play my own kind in skyrim even if it seems a bit out of the realm of realistic in skyrim. basically take the female elin head the female elin body REMOVE the breasts and add a penis. VOILA! male elin technically speaking of course.

Hmm, so is it safe to say everyone wants a femboy and not a dickgirl?  Wouldn't the Elin hips ruin the look?  Maybe make the hip curves less pronounce.

yes we want fembnoy not dickgirl futa lol. and no a femboy is a boy who looks feminine enough to pass off as a girl. so a femboy could easily have a curvy body like an elin does maybe not as drastic curves as an elin but given the race this mod is based off of i'd say they'd look just fine. a femboy with thick thighs....mmmm.....tasty :P

ambria

ambria

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Wow looks like you've been hard at work.

I've been taking a break from skyrim to play TERA.

But I will look forward to trying out your new mods when I get back it <3

silvernirvash

silvernirvash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

what server do you play on ambria? :3

i play on mount tyrannis!

Yanazake

Yanazake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

It seems femboy it'll be, then.

Now I'm curious on the results, and about hip width... well, there will be the ECE ECM to edit that. Right?

silvernirvash

silvernirvash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

if it is femboy i'll be so freaking happy!

ambria

ambria

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

what server do you play on ambria? :3

i play on mount tyrannis!

I'm on EU : Arcadia

Hanezu

Hanezu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Awesome work!

I installed like a NOOB all things from the archived topic xP, well, all works perfect, but i dont know if this is a problem not solved or is my fault for not use the "new" things of here o something more xP, when i mount a horse, the tail is towards one side of the body and does not remain centered, is like a bug or not? i need to install all again or just need a singular fix? :)

Here a sample:

Normal

Spoiler

When i mount a horse

Spoiler

I really love the mod and my char xD:

Spoiler

I want help please :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Race, Tera, Elin, Companions, Followers