UPDATE:  I got the 'male' Elins to accept the CME morphs, however, not all of the sliders are appearing.  At least the head is not seriously glitching.  More work needs to be done, but at least some progress has been made.

'Male' Elin

post-64505-0-40062100-1363448337_thumb.jpgpost-64505-0-19093500-1363448348_thumb.jpg

It seems part of the problem is the game wants to add the male morphs with the female morphs.  One example is the hair selection also includes the male hairs.  So close yet, so far.

well heres my question then...for the male side firstly why not redo the body for it specifically for the male? take out the breasts and make it completely flat chested?  secondly why say there are no dwarfs in your version? elins are small child size even. they aren't DWARFS but they are definitely not ADULT.

You mean make the 'male' Elins look completely like males or flat-chest just like the real Elins.  If I can get the rest of the CME sliders to appear then anyone can make her flat-chest or bustier.

why say there are no dwarfs in your version? elins are small child size even. they aren't DWARFS but they are definitely not ADULT.

Dwarves look different than Elins.  Traditionally, a dwarfs physiology can be described as humanoid, burly, and with arms and legs disproportionately shorter than the rest of their body.  The New Elins are child-size and the GT Elins are child-size.  Elins can be described as girls with large hips and slightly larger heads.

EDIT:  Here is the female GT Elin with the CBBE Slim Flat body with help from the Breast slider.  Is this what you are referring to?

7bf793f7b5434091142ee19732f7a92481897c0f

Less curve would be ok for a femboy, but they still need the big hips and thrighs anyway. You could STILL try to make a sepparate version called "male elins" that are still on the female slot, or the futa version as sepparate... I mean, considering the clothes and all, I'd totally prefer everyone refering to the character as female, no matter how it looks.

Btw, the flatness level seems almost right. I wouldn't mind using that setting.

So the "new" elins, will they be using a completely different face or the same current one that is available for the existing race? Cartoonish or not, it's the facial structure that I think stands out the most beyond the body shape to me. Looking at the GT elin for example there it looks a great deal different from the existing elin race mod that's available. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding this, I just went back through the thread to get an idea what's going on a bit more so I believe I probably am.

I really like the elins that use the regular TERA assets over the GT ones and don't want to see the head it uses replaced with the ones seen in the screenshots. I know they're GT images which is why I'm asking about that. But regarding the custom skeletons for the elin race is there something wrong with it? It might just be me but when looking at my elin the left leg seems shorter compared to the right. I'm not using any custom animation files for it but it just appears to be shorter. I'm using the skeleton from the NER Custom UNP TBBP-2013Jan07.7z archive, the one with the regular size, and regular sized weapons using the bow fix.

The GT Elin's origin began with people asking if there was a version that was less anime.  Trying to make the current Elins face look less anime is like trying to give Children of the Sky H-cups.  So I decided to make them more human in appearance.  I figured the CBBE and UNP bodies are popular despite the fact they look nothing like the Tera Elins.

From there it branched out to Girls of Tera which includes loli Castanic and High Elf races.  Of course, it sounded weird to me calling it Girls of Tera with male Castanics and High Elves and the Elins are female only, so I decided to make the males as females (of sorts).

So the new look for the Elins is not meant to replace the current one, only as an alternative for those who wants a less anime-looking Elin.

There may be a different version of Girls of Tera, in the near future, featuring the current Elins, but it will not include a playable 'male' counterpart.

Regarding the skeletons, I will have to have a look at them with Nifscope to see if one leg is shorter than the other, but I have a feeling it's either an optical illusion similar to when you make what you thought is a perfect screenshot and the result shows your character tilted in a slight angle.

Can you provide a screenshot?

You mean make the 'male' Elins look completely like males or flat-chest just like the real Elins.  If I can get the rest of the CME sliders to appear then anyone can make her flat-chest or bustier.

why say there are no dwarfs in your version? elins are small child size even. they aren't DWARFS but they are definitely not ADULT.

Dwarves look different than Elins.  Traditionally, a dwarfs physiology can be described as humanoid, burly, and with arms and legs disproportionately shorter than the rest of their body.  The New Elins are child-size and the GT Elins are child-size.  Elins can be described as girls with large hips and slightly larger heads.

EDIT:  Here is the female GT Elin with the CBBE Slim Flat body with help from the Breast slider.  Is this what you are referring to?

7bf793f7b5434091142ee19732f7a92481897c0f

and thats pretty much how i want my males to look in that picture. flat chested same or similar hips to the female elins just with what makes them male lol. i myself am a femboy in real life so i'd like to be able to play my own kind in skyrim even if it seems a bit out of the realm of realistic in skyrim. basically take the female elin head the female elin body REMOVE the breasts and add a penis. VOILA! male elin technically speaking of course.

Hmm, so is it safe to say everyone wants a femboy and not a dickgirl?  Wouldn't the Elin hips ruin the look?  Maybe make the hip curves less pronounce.

yes we want fembnoy not dickgirl futa lol. and no a femboy is a boy who looks feminine enough to pass off as a girl. so a femboy could easily have a curvy body like an elin does maybe not as drastic curves as an elin but given the race this mod is based off of i'd say they'd look just fine. a femboy with thick thighs....mmmm.....tasty :P

Awesome work!

I installed like a NOOB all things from the archived topic xP, well, all works perfect, but i dont know if this is a problem not solved or is my fault for not use the "new" things of here o something more xP, when i mount a horse, the tail is towards one side of the body and does not remain centered, is like a bug or not? i need to install all again or just need a singular fix? :)

Here a sample:

Normal

tesv2013031715274103.png

When i mount a horse

tesv2013031715275211.png

I really love the mod and my char xD:

tesv2013031715250380.png

I want help please :D

The GT Elin's origin began with people asking if there was a version that was less anime.  Trying to make the current Elins face look less anime is like trying to give Children of the Sky H-cups.  So I decided to make them more human in appearance.  I figured the CBBE and UNP bodies are popular despite the fact they look nothing like the Tera Elins.

From there it branched out to Girls of Tera which includes loli Castanic and High Elf races.  Of course, it sounded weird to me calling it Girls of Tera with male Castanics and High Elves and the Elins are female only, so I decided to make the males as females (of sorts).

So the new look for the Elins is not meant to replace the current one, only as an alternative for those who wants a less anime-looking Elin.

There may be a different version of Girls of Tera, in the near future, featuring the current Elins, but it will not include a playable 'male' counterpart.

Regarding the skeletons, I will have to have a look at them with Nifscope to see if one leg is shorter than the other, but I have a feeling it's either an optical illusion similar to when you make what you thought is a perfect screenshot and the result shows your character tilted in a slight angle.

Okay I took a few images.

post-129395-0-49559900-1363548968_thumb.jpg

The top two are from the "NER Custom UNP TBBP-2013Jan07.7z" file. The specific skeleton is from the "01 skeleton normal bow fix" folder within the archive.

The bottom two are from the main package (At the time I think I have a possibly older version, it's called "ElinRace 20120831 (v1.1)" in the window when viewed in NMM.) for the Elin Race.

post-129395-0-32815900-1363548911_thumb.jpg

Again the skeleton from the NER Custom UNP-TBBP package.

post-129395-0-55508800-1363548921_thumb.jpg

Skeleton from the main Elin Race package.

The main difference I think is the calf for the right ( Sorry, not left. @_@;; ) leg may have been unintentionally shortened which causes the issue. Comparing the knees in the shots I think they're the same length in both skeletons, if you look on the right leg just beneath the skirt there you can see a strap on the inner thigh, in both shots it appears to be generally in the same place despite the slight difference in angles.

Also if anyone is wondering, I'm using the Dwarven Skirt from the "Hmm What To Wear" mod on the Skyrim Nexus, it breaks down specific pieces of the Skyrim vanilla armors and most pieces even work with retexture mods which is what I'm using here. You can't see the whole body but I'm using the Dwarven upper piece as well that leaves the mid-section exposed but doesn't really give a skimpy feel to it while still making the armor pieces I think viable for a mage. Though of course, I can't consider if it's very lore-friendly with what I'm using. You'd probably freeze wearing this attire in the middle of Skyrim.

EDIT: Regarding the Girls of Tera mod, that's perfectly fine, as long as I can keep the anime-styled head, some reason the newer heads for the I guess you might put it "realistic" elins, looks creepy or very off to me. It loses the "elin" feel I suppose may be the best way to put it. I know the same can be said about the body but there are mods and sliders out there to tweak the body more closer to the actual elins from Tera minus the obvious bust, eventually that might be worked out though. But personally I prefer to stay with the original head models and then just go from there with it so as long as the animeish head they currently have is still supported then I'm happy.

Great work on the mods, I'm not sure if I said that before but I'll still say it, great work!

Awesome work!

I installed like a NOOB all things from the archived topic xP, well, all works perfect, but i dont know if this is a problem not solved or is my fault for not use the "new" things of here o something more xP, when i mount a horse, the tail is towards one side of the body and does not remain centered, is like a bug or not? i need to install all again or just need a singular fix? :)

Here a sample:

Normal

tesv2013031715274103.png

When i mount a horse

tesv2013031715275211.png

I really love the mod and my char xD:

tesv2013031715250380.png

I want help please :D

Hello Hanezu

The tail shifting position when on horseback is normal.  The Elins use a modified skeletonbeast_female.nif and at first I thought the shifting tail was due to the modifications.  I went ahead and recreated a new DATA folder and only installed the Lightroom mod which I use to test custom races.  I created an Argonian and had her ride a horse then I created a Khajjit and had her ride a horse.  Here are the results.

post-64505-0-41858000-1363552894_thumb.jpgpost-64505-0-21093700-1363552905_thumb.jpg

As you can see, their tails shift to the side, however, the tails return to the middle when the horse is at full gallop the same as when the Elins are on foot (standing = the tail angles to the left; while running = the tail aligns with the body).

My guess is the devs at Bethesda did this so that the tails do not clip into the horse.

EDIT:  The rabbit and ahri tails are unaffected.

post-64505-0-24637900-1363555116_thumb.jpgpost-64505-0-74256800-1363555104_thumb.jpg

And can you get rid of this dame AdBot? Just what the World Needs More Ads!

That is something you will need to address with Ashal.

Okay I took a few images.

attachicon.gifFeetComparison.jpg

The top two are from the "NER Custom UNP TBBP-2013Jan07.7z" file. The specific skeleton is from the "01 skeleton normal bow fix" folder within the archive.

The bottom two are from the main package (At the time I think I have a possibly older version, it's called "ElinRace 20120831 (v1.1)" in the window when viewed in NMM.) for the Elin Race.

attachicon.gifScreenShot38.jpg

Again the skeleton from the NER Custom UNP-TBBP package.

attachicon.gifScreenShot42.jpg

Skeleton from the main Elin Race package.

The main difference I think is the calf for the right ( Sorry, not left. @_@;; ) leg may have been unintentionally shortened which causes the issue. Comparing the knees in the shots I think they're the same length in both skeletons, if you look on the right leg just beneath the skirt there you can see a strap on the inner thigh, in both shots it appears to be generally in the same place despite the slight difference in angles.

Also if anyone is wondering, I'm using the Dwarven Skirt from the "Hmm What To Wear" mod on the Skyrim Nexus, it breaks down specific pieces of the Skyrim vanilla armors and most pieces even work with retexture mods which is what I'm using here. You can't see the whole body but I'm using the Dwarven upper piece as well that leaves the mid-section exposed but doesn't really give a skimpy feel to it while still making the armor pieces I think viable for a mage. Though of course, I can't consider if it's very lore-friendly with what I'm using. You'd probably freeze wearing this attire in the middle of Skyrim.

Okay,  I know what is causing the elevated feet.  When changing the size of the thigh nodes in a skeleton, it alters the whole leg.  Try to make the hips and thighs larger and the whole leg will increase in size.  What's more is that the feet will then clip through the ground.  Changing the Calf nodes will shrink the lower legs to unclip the feet.

Some armors will also do that because I have noticed the hovering feet problems when trying new outfits.

Does going naked fix the problem?  Have you noticed this when trying different armors?

The elevated feet isn't a problem of the skeleton, the irregularity in the the length of one leg however is. I decided to take a look at the problematic skeleton in NifSkope and spotted the problem. The LEFT foot is actually longer than the right. Was easy enough to fix:

NiNode 27 and NiNode 28 are the culprits here.

27 NiNode -  Translation Vector3 was listed as "X 0.000 Y 0.000 Z 2.400" incorrectly. The node for the other foot (45 NiNode) has all three axis listed as "0.000" so I changed it to match that.

28 NiNode - Scale float was set as "0.9500" where the node for the other foot (46 NiNode) is listed as "1.000" so I changed this value to match it.

The end result is now both feet are equal to one another. There was some slight changes to the Vector3 and Rotation (Matrix33) values for both feet so I corrected that too. I don't know a great deal of what I'm doing so I just tweaked those two nodes but left the entries starting with bhk as is. For 28 NiNode the values were as follows:

Translation Vector 3 - the Z value was 0.0001 higher (27.9498 instead of 27.9497) than the value for 46 NiNode.

Rotation Matrix33 - The Y value was -0.01 higher (-63.44 instead of -63.43) than the value for 46 NiNode.

While I doubt these two will actually have any effect I figured it didn't really hurt to tweak them anyway. Changing the float and vector values for that one specific node should fit it now. Regarding the levitating feet, that's actually because of a different mod I have installed that adds a High Heel System to Skyrim. I didn't actually realize I set the offset value a little too high which is why I'm having the levitation like that. However like I said the difference in length of one leg compared to the other isn't an issue with the High Heel System, but with the skeleton itself having the wrong values.

EDIT: Here's the results after the update.

post-129395-0-40378100-1363556688_thumb.jpg

I also changed the offset value for the HHS mod back to zero (I had it raised for a reason because on uneven terrain my feet would clip through the ground strangely. I think this is a Bethesda issue, as it always happens with all characters including some NPCs.) for this screenshot. By the way the skeleton nif that has the issue is the "skeletonfemale.nif" listed in the archive I wrote above. I'm going to also attach the nif file I modified myself in case anyone else is having the same issue as me. Note however this is only for the default sized (1.0 scale body and weapons.) skeleton with the bow fix with no DSpSoB support so if you use it you'll be a full-sized elin. I just use the Race Menu and plugin from the Skyrim Nexus to rescale my height down to the correct size. I think ECE + CME has the same function but personally I can't seem to get that mod to work correctly for me since I'm not using the 1.9 Skyrim Beta update yet.

Anyway for other users just drop the nif file into your "Data/Meshes/Actors/2chElin fix" folder and overwrite.

skeletonfemale.nif

So the foot NiNode values were inconsistent.  I'll have to fix each skeleton since they are basically the same.  Thanks for your help.

Which high heel system are you using?  Is it Elewin's HDT HH system?  I was thinking about using that since there are some high-heel boots I like that uses HDT.

Btw, ECE-CME will work with Skyrim 1.8.  The Skyrim 1.9 patch is an option that is installed separately.  I'm using ECE-CME v1.0b with the Girls of Tera.  I don't have the 1.9 beta update and so far no problems.  Using ECE-CME with custom races takes a little work, but do-able.

@Samusknight2k

I took a look at the skeletons starting with the "normal" skeleton.  Here is what I saw.

post-64505-0-76751300-1363562789_thumb.jpg

The problem I'm seeing is that the left foot is clipping the ground and the right foot is normal.  I believe the highheel system you are using and is causing the feet to hover above ground made it appear the right foot is shorter when in actuality the left foot is longer.

hey hows it the work on gt elins going? any idea when they might be ready?

The male Elin needs more work to get the rest of the CME morphs to work so that they can be on par with the female Elin.  After that, I only need to add warpaints and face tints.  I'm sure something else will popup in the meantime, if not, then the GT Elins will be done.  I can release GT with the Castanics and High Elves unfinished or finish them and release the complete mod.

When will at least the Elins be complete?  I can't say, atm, but I'll give a heads up when I'm done with the whole head morph addition.  The rest will be easier and should not take that long.

@Samusknight2k

I took a look at the skeletons starting with the "normal" skeleton.  Here is what I saw.

attachicon.gifelinskeleton8wep1.JPG

The problem I'm seeing is that the left foot is clipping the ground and the right foot is normal.  I believe the highheel system you are using and is causing the feet to hover above ground made it appear the right foot is shorter when in actuality the left foot is longer.

That's what I said in my last post, it's the left foot that has the issue. When in-game it looks like it's the right that is shorter. Just ignore the floating effect, that has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. Even before I started using the high heel system the left foot never clipped into the floor on an even surface, at least for me. It was because of this I thought the right leg was shorter when all along it was because the left foot was actually longer than it should have been. I figured this out already when I opened the skeleton in NifSkope. What you see there is the same thing I saw. I realized this was the problem all along because before I opened this one I opened the skeleton from the second screenshot (Where both feet are same length, again, ignore the floating issue, both images were taken with the heel system set at a 2.8 offset. That just changes how high or low I am from the ground. Even at a 0 offset the left foot never clips into an even surface, it lays flat against it with the right foot extended in the air.) first in NifSkope and then opened the other one and immediately saw the difference. At the time of taking those screenshots I hadn't opened either skeleton to look at them so I thought it was the right leg that had been shorter.

Anyway, changing the values for NiNodes 27 and 28 (That is the left foot and the unnamed node just above it.) to match the values for nodes 45 and 46 (Right foot and node above it.) fixes the problem. My guess is when the thighs were being adjusted as you mentioned you or whoever made those skeletons just forgot to adjust the values for the left foot nodes to make it line up correctly.

By the way how do you get the ECE+CME to work properly with the Elin Race?

I've been tinkering around with it for awhile now without any luck. I'm not quite sure how to add support so I tried to add the race to the CME_VanillaRaces.ini without luck.

[Race]

EID = ElinRace, ElinRaceVampire

SliderIni = commonTriRaces\ElinRaces_Slider.ini

Preset = unSupportedRacePreset1.slot

Since it requires a specific slider I just copied the HumanRaces_Slider.ini, renamed it to EinRaces_Slider.ini, and edited in this over the female tri entries so it should point to the correct tri files for the elin race.

# female

Files = Data\Meshes\actors\2chElin fix\FemaleHeadChargen.tri, FemaleHeadRaces.tri, FemaleHead.tri

Files = Data\Meshes\actors\2chElin fix\FaceParts\EyesChargen.tri, EyesRaces.tri, Eyes.tri

Files = Data\Meshes\actors\2chElin fix\FaceParts\EyeLeftChargen.tri, EyeLeftRaces.tri, EyeLeft.tri

Files = Data\Meshes\actors\2chElin fix\FaceParts\EyeRightChargen.tri, EyeRightRaces.tri, EyeRight.tri

Files = Data\Meshes\actors\2chElin fix\Mouth\MouthChargen.tri, MouthRaces.tri, Mouth.tri

Files = Data\Meshes\actors\2chElin fix\FaceParts\BrowsChargen.tri, BrowsRaces.tri, Brows.tri

Files = Data\Meshes\actors\2chElin fix\FaceParts\Eyelash_01Chargen.tri, Eyelash_01Races.tri, Eyelash_01.tri

Files = Data\Meshes\actors\2chElin fix\FaceParts\Eyelash_02Chargen.tri, Eyelash_02Races.tri, Eyelash_02.tri

Files = Data\Meshes\actors\2chElin fix\FaceParts\MaskFullFaceChargen.tri, MaskFullFaceRaces.tri, MaskFullFace.tri

Files = Data\Meshes\actors\2chElin fix\FaceParts\MaskLeftsideChargen.tri, MaskLeftsideRaces.tri, MaskLeftSide.tri

Files = Data\Meshes\actors\2chElin fix\FaceParts\MaskRightsideChargen.tri, MaskRightsideRaces.tri, MaskRightSide.tri

I then opened the unSupportedRaces_Slider.ini and copied everything from the head entry down and pasted that over the same entries in the ini I made. I did this because I figured the custom sliders for the head, eyes, nose, mouth, and so on wouldn't work. However I figured the sliders for the body would so I left all these values the same as the human races.

The result however is it doesn't seem to read this file. Instead it seemingly keeps identifying the Elin Race as an unsupported race. I tested that by redirecting the ini for the unsupported race to the ini I made and it read it successfully, however the additional body sliders (Aside from the height, breast, butt, weapon, and quiver.) did not show up. So I'm wondering, is the skeleton used by the elin race incompatible with ECE+CME or am I still doing something wrong? I thought about just copying over the skeletons for the female beasts I have installed (I use XP32's custom skeleton for the vanilla races including beasts.) and that seems to work, but it stretches the tail and throws things out of proportion, my guess is likely due to the nif files the female body uses for the elin, though I may be way off on that. It doesn't crash anything since I'm using the beast skeleton fortunately.

EDIT: I just spotted why it isn't reading the entry from the ini correctly, I spelled it EID instead of EDID, my bad. XD Still I can't seem to get the additional sliders to show up for the body without changing skeletons.

EDIT: Going to just give up on this for now, it's getting to be too much trouble. Personally I like the Race Menu better than the ECE+CME combination. I know that offers more but the existing elins can't take advantage of the additional facial sliders, not that I care too much about that, but I just can't get the body sliders to work without giving an error or crashing. If I don't add the ECE, CME, and RAN tri files to the ini it crashes as soon as I type showracemenu, and if I do it just pops up with an error in-game saying it was unable to overwrite the chargen files. No matter the instance, the body sliders just won't show up at all even if I bypass the errors. Tried switching skeletons to use the XP32 skeletons I've got installed and no luck either. However swapping to another race it works fine. Going to just have to accept it's either completely incompatible or I just don't know how to make it compatible.

And yes I have the Pre-Cache killer installed, and the Race Menu from the Nexus disabled so it's not crashing from too many assets being loaded, it's just crashing because of something in the ini being incompatible but if I don't use that then it just freaks out using the default ini files and I get a deformed face.