Post preview not working

maou

Don't know if this should be in Technical Support or here. Just wanted to say that since a few days ago I'm unable to use the post preview function. The field where the preview should appear says "Fetching preview..." and never proceeds from there on.

Browser is Firefox 3.6.16. Javascript and cookies are enabled.

Seems like the problem is on my end. Thx for clearing that up. Guess I'll have to check some of my browser settings.

Sorry to disappoint you, but it's not only you with that problem. I'm having it too.. using newest version of Firefox as far as I know.

Guest Donkey

Are you guys using something like noscript or popupblocker ?? you need to allow eeveelab or some options won't work.

I am running with an older firefox 3.6.13 and all is working correctly.

I noticed this problem too but it seems to be specific with the web browsers being used. Right now I'm using Firefox 4 on Windows 7 with no add-ons enabled and I cannot get preview to work, however, if I use Google Chrome (latest build) there are no problems. I originally stated this issue on my other thread ( http://www.loverslab.com/index.php?topic=230.0 ) but I edited because I realized it was a combination of issues regarding the browser and SMF (forum) build used, which I see is RC5.

On another note, and I apologize for hijacking this thread, I hope the admins look into my other problem that I linked above. It would be really nice to be able to multiquote when replying, but I can no longer do this with ANY of the web browsers I use, so I'm 99% convinced this is an issue with the forum.

Still no luck with firefox here but I could try changing popup settings next time (are the previews now shown as popups?). Javascript and cookies are enabled, of course. Otherwise we wouldn't even be able to login to the site.  :D

I'm currently checking with default Internet Explorer in Win7. The result is: Same problem.

Interestingly IE says that an error occurred on the page after clicking preview.

The previews worked fine btw. when I registered. It stoped working about a week ago with no browser or Windows update in between.

It's not a big deal, of course. But I usually like to check the formatting of my posts before actually posting.  :)

I've implemented the supposed fix. Post preview has always worked for me though, which makes it impossible for me to test. So can somebody who had this issue please confirm if post preview and insert quote are now working?

• 2 months later...

umm im kind of embarrassed to ask how can i post pics in my comments? when i hit

insert image umm im suppose to put something in there but i dont know what  :-[

Fashions have done more harm than revolutions.  -Victor Hugo

you can put the "thumbnail" code for the imageupload site you're using, or can directly refer to it whit this code (withou the *)

[*img] URL of the pic [*/img]

But don't use the last one with large image since they won't be resized to fit the forum.

Example :

128716966928061402.jpg

Archived