YII-TECHNIQUES-LABORS *Children of the Sky* -R2- UPD-09.02.

Did starting a new game have "old man"?    Save file may be corrupted. 

Think I've figured it out.  Somehow, somewhere, my race got switched from Sky Children to Nord.  Once I went into 'showracmenu' and selected Sky Children I was able to recreate my toon.  Then, feeling good about myself, I decided to load up Interesting NPCs and it's RCot companion which promptly screwed everything up again and so I'm in the midst of yet another total reload :P

Ok, I'm at a complete loss.  Been playing the game with Cots installed for a few days now.  I've had a couple of issues with various armor packs causing me to CTD, but removing them solved the issue.  This morning I decided to try the armor pack again, this time adjusting the load order and playing around with that.  I didn't crash, but when I logged on to continue my last game, I was informed that the save relied on info that was no longer, etc. etc.  I started it.  What greeted me instead of my cool boy toon was a shriveled pale old man in rags with literally no face.  I deleted the armor mod.  Loaded up, same old faceless man.  I used the main file from Cots to overwrite the existing one, reloading it.  Old man.  I have a brand new saved copy of the Data file from my recent fresh install, so I deleted my existing Data folder, replaced it with the base one, installed Cots anew, and only cots.  Old man.  Desperate, I deleted all local files from Steam, deleted my Skyrim game folder and reinstalled.  I further downloaded an all new copy of Cots and installed just that.  I've been patching for hours.  Finally, I can play again.  Old man.  I would pull my hair out at this point, if I didn't keep it shaved.  Please, can someone help?

Quit deleting stuff! :P Armors aren't responsible for any of this.

1st, what mods do you use? It's one rare occasion when an armor mod crashes your game. Shall I assume you install manually? NMM? I get the feeling you're not using MO, so you need to start your game without any info (data), go to Steam, 'verify the cache integrity' in the 'tools' section, and start a game without CotS. Use a normal guy, and make sure he looks right. Quit.

Next, install Mod Organizer. Unzip it in your Skyrim folder. Install the mod by doing the following:

Unzip CotS in a folder (create a new folder). You'll see a bunch of folders when you unzip (extract) it. Take the 'data' files from the 'options' that you want to use, but remember that you can't use all of them (it's obvious if you read what they are, and what they do). You want to put the data files from each those "options" folders into the 'Main' folder.

Once you have added each 'data' folder to the 'Main' folder, rename the 'data' folder inside of the 'Main' folder to CotS, and right-click it. Then choose 'add to CotS.rar'. That will be your mod to install into Mod Organizer.

If these steps are taken, you will have no more major issues with CotS. Please be sure to read the MO thread carefully, and if you have any questions that specifically relate to MO, please ask me on the MO thread.

Hey AwfulArch, thanks much for the reply.  Wish I'd known about armor mods not making you crash before :)  I'll certainly take your advice and install MO once I've reloaded everything.  Gonna be at least 4 hours for Skyrim to patch at this point.  I was using NMM, btw, as well as the 'Data Files' section of Skyrim to order my mods.  Last full install I made a copy of the Skyrim folder so I could start over without having to thru a full install if something happened, but for some reason there was no executable there, so Steam was unable to start the game, thus my full reinstall.  In any case, I'll load up MO.  Looks like it will help me with these issues I've been having.  Save me from myself :)  Thanks again.

Load order we can help also alot more what you have installed.

You can't just install CoTS and then think it works.

Compatibillity patch and the unofficiall patches plus skeleton patch latest patches from RCoTS also help don't use old ones from CoTS  R2 they are last undate more the 1.5 year ago.

Mod organiser won't be enough alone also right mods and patches needed.

If you want perfect install:

MO-and the right updates+patches.

If you use main CoTS R2 body type consicder UNPetite(use only textures your body will look ALOT better then original cots body.

Realy tweaking CoTS R2 MO will not be enough, you will need sometimes to manually install meshes or textures in some rare occasions.

Good luck with MO arch will help you further :)

Can anyone tell me what vampires are like in Dawnguard and what this mod does to them?  The trailer shows you turning into a big ugly bat creature, but I don't want my cute lil guy turning ugly, so I'll avoid becoming a vamp if that's the case.  I wouldn't mind being a bit pale and spooky, but not batty.  Anyone have screens of kid vamps using this mod?

Can anyone tell me what vampires are like in Dawnguard and what this mod does to them?  The trailer shows you turning into a big ugly bat creature, but I don't want my cute lil guy turning ugly, so I'll avoid becoming a vamp if that's the case.  I wouldn't mind being a bit pale and spooky, but not batty.  Anyone have screens of kid vamps using this mod?

post-111270-0-56233000-1381400318_thumb.

post-111270-0-21236400-1381400363_thumb.

post-111270-0-28049500-1380505735_thumb.

post-111270-0-82026700-1380505774_thumb.

Turning into a vampire only allows you to tap into the Vampire Lord transformation, just as becoming a Werewolf gives you the power to transform into Beast Mode. Under normal circumstances, your character will develop sunken cheeks and paler complexion, but otherwise still human-looking.

Oh, I have a question...  can anyone tell me where I can find the starting stats for Sky Children toons?  Do they differ at all from others?  I've had so many issues with things not loading correctly, and have had to fix my toon a number of times using 'showracemenu'.  Consequently, I'm fairly certain that my stats and such are off.  I'm lvl 23 now and I want to figure out how many points I've spent to determine if my stats should be higher than they are.  Also, while I'm at it, does anyone know a command for changing your stats, in case I'm off as I suspect and need to fix them?

Children of the Sky R2 2014

My version:

attachicon.gifScreenShot773.jpg

UNPetite bodytype.

attachicon.gifScreenShot770.jpg

attachicon.gifScreenShot764.jpg

That body is perfectly what I have been trying to do for while.  There is so much I am trying to learn just to have this look, my head is swimming.  Can you please just let me know how to get it like that or just upload your files so i can have my follower look like this?  I would appreciate it.

Children of the Sky R2 2014

My version:

attachicon.gifScreenShot773.jpg

UNPetite bodytype.

attachicon.gifScreenShot770.jpg

attachicon.gifScreenShot764.jpg

That body is perfectly what I have been trying to do for while.  There is so much I am trying to learn just to have this look, my head is swimming.  Can you please just let me know how to get it like that or just upload your files so i can have my follower look like this?  I would appreciate it.

When you have installed the main CotS file correctly you prolly see a body with small boobs but bit ugly textures.

No need for flatchest becouse when override with textures UNPetite you get the young girl boobs you see in the sreenshot.

Body and face will look alot better then the original texture from CoTS R2 mod becouse its 2 year old mod.

Download the UNPetite body mod from nexus.

Then place only the textures in the texture/actors/character/oriental/x117 female

The sweat look is from SG Textures Renewal UNP if you prefer in same map as above.

Always backup your original map if you don't like what your seeing or have changed.

This texture will show no neck/hand/feet seams.

When you prefer flatchest don't install this.

Do it all manually so your 100% sure its alll in the right folder.

For most mods use MO or if you have time do it manually best ways avoid complications NMM is not that good anyway.

Good luck

The links are dead. Also is this shit illegal its seems kinda pedoe? 

It's a playable race with an NPC child replacer. It doesn't work with sex mods (no sex mod works with child races here), and the reason they have custom nude bodies is because the default vanilla child body won't allow you to wear armor and such. So you need a custom built body to allow for such things.

Honestly though, there is several people here who do fit your description, but the moderators are pretty quick to remove those posts and take care of that to keep this a clean thread without all that stuff. They watch this stuff pretty close to make sure it doesn't go overboard. If you see a post that does go overboard and is inappropriate, make sure to report it to keep the thread clean.

Me personally, I hate when people start posting these nude children pictures (even if you do blur the naughty parts out, it is still obvious that it is a nude child). Those pictures should not be posted at all. And I dislike all the skimpy revealing armor as well that people put on these children too. But I guess to each their own, even if they are rather "pedo" as you put. No one should be posting nude or revealing/skimpily dressed children here. If you want to do that stuff in your own game, keep it to yourself. Don't share your pictures with the public. If you are having a bug and need to show a picture, keep it clean. Simple as that.

As of now though, this mod is rather dead. The first link works fine, just make sure to uncheck the box that says download with download accelerator. Note, it does overwrite a lot of vanilla assets and messes up your vanilla races. This is not standalone. Even the Reworked CotS version is the same thing (in the other thread), though it overwrites a lot more stuff than this one does. It is not standalone either.

My advice? Go check out SkyKids if you want a playable child race. It is completely standalone and it is updated regularly. They are also working on a vanilla child replacer as well for those who just want better looking vanilla children.

Hope that all answers your question. Sorry for the preaching. ;)

The links are dead. Also is this shit illegal its seems kinda pedoe? 

It's a playable race with an NPC child replacer. It doesn't work with sex mods (no sex mod works with child races here), and the reason they have custom nude bodies is because the default vanilla child body won't allow you to wear armor and such. So you need a custom built body to allow for such things.

Honestly though, there is several people here who do fit your description, but the moderators are pretty quick to remove those posts and take care of that to keep this a clean thread without all that stuff. They watch this stuff pretty close to make sure it doesn't go overboard. If you see a post that does go overboard and is inappropriate, make sure to report it to keep the thread clean.

Me personally, I hate when people start posting these nude children pictures (even if you do blur the naughty parts out, it is still obvious that it is a nude child). Those pictures should not be posted at all. And I dislike all the skimpy revealing armor as well that people put on these children too. But I guess to each their own, even if they are rather "pedo" as you put. No one should be posting nude or revealing/skimpily dressed children here. If you want to do that stuff in your own game, keep it to yourself. Don't share your pictures with the public. If you are having a bug and need to show a picture, keep it clean. Simple as that.

As of now though, this mod is rather dead. The first link works fine, just make sure to uncheck the box that says download with download accelerator. Note, it does overwrite a lot of vanilla assets and messes up your vanilla races. This is not standalone. Even the Reworked CotS version is the same thing (in the other thread), though it overwrites a lot more stuff than this one does. It is not standalone either.

My advice? Go check out SkyKids if you want a playable child race. It is completely standalone and it is updated regularly. They are also working on a vanilla child replacer as well for those who just want better looking vanilla children.

Hope that all answers your question. Sorry for the preaching. ;)

I just want a child replacer, not a race.  I use the other Children of the Sky but it does has a few minor annoyances, one being the French names which don't change with TES5EDIT.  But just a question...how does this mod break vanilla races?

Never said it broke them, just that it messes them up.

It overwrites the head mesh, along with the eyes, brows, mouth, etc etc. It overwrites the looks of the vanilla races and makes them use the CotS assets. It also overwrites Apachi Hair files as well. The other CotS (the reworked one), does the same thing, but also overwrites your vanilla armors and as well as some custom armors (UNP Mashup for one). RCotS is just a build off of this one, so naturally it will overwrite the same assets.

They are both designed with the playable child race only in mind. It is assumed that if you are using them, you are only playing a child race, thus why they don't care that it overwrites the vanilla races and makes them use the CotS assets. Cause they assume if you are using their mod, that you are only going to play a child race. But for those of us that don't want a child playable race, and just want the child replacer portion, we are kind of SoL on that if we choose to play a regular vanilla race.

As for a child replacer, I use this mod. But I have made my own custom modified version that removes the playable race and doesn't overwrite the vanilla assets. This way I have just a child replacer, without all the extra stuff this mod does. I figured when SkyKids finishes their child replacer, and makes it standalone from the rest of the mod, I'll use that instead. But for now, I'm happy with my modified CotS child replacer.

This is how i mainly play and i dont realy see any problems with a normal race or with sky child race.

Ive installed both CoTS R2 and followers.

Normally i take more time making character but wanne show this becouse of some replys here :)

RESULT: Nord race.

Seems ok to me?

post-232301-0-01277700-1390695406_thumb.jpgpost-232301-0-92781400-1390695430_thumb.jpgpost-232301-0-82146900-1390695451_thumb.jpgpost-232301-0-71184200-1390695463_thumb.jpgpost-232301-0-31050900-1390695477_thumb.jpg

Sky Children and how my characters mainly look like which i prefer over big boobs and huge body's matter of taste offcorse.

post-232301-0-22389100-1390695503_thumb.jpgpost-232301-0-70767800-1390695529_thumb.jpgpost-232301-0-91523000-1390695569_thumb.jpgpost-232301-0-04573700-1390695578_thumb.jpgpost-232301-0-34023600-1390695592_thumb.jpg

Sure it override files but i can make my normal race as beautiful as skychildren with no neck/hand/feet seam.

I dont have any sex mods installed i just like it here on forum i play skyrim as it was a vanilla game and i come here for the CoTS mods so i cn make slim characters instead of huge hehe

Eva, how do you get access to all those cool sliders?

SKSE-SkyUI-Racemenu follow what mod maker say and get also the other mods he reconment some are useful and also very importend.

When get racemenu put this in SKSE ini file.

SKSE MAKEUP and SKSE HD lips.

An INI setting has been added to SKSE to allow for higher resolution warpaint to be applied to your character. The default resolution is 256, this is a terrible resolution if you want to do some really fancy warpaints.

Locate your Data directory

Create SKSE folder if it is not already there

Create SKSE.ini if it is not already there

Add "[Display]" category

Add "iTintTextureResolution=2048"