YII-TECHNIQUES-LABORS *Children of the Sky* -R2- UPD-09.02.

Staff Edit:

Download links and content removed due to missing author and site policy regarding related content. See http://www.loverslab.com/topic/27346-02162014-attention-policy-change-regarding-content-with-underage-characters/?do=findComment&comment=686220 for more details.

If author of this mod returns they are free to contact site staff with details on enabling this thread again and return their download links once the needed alterations have been made.

• 1 year later...

Hi everybody,

This is my first post here and first of all I want to thank jiitek for the great work on this mod.

Second, please say hello to my little friend:

post-78559-0-19979600-1363129519_thumb.jpg

And the actual reason why I'm posting:

I experienced this mysterious bug when walking sideways. When I press 'D' to walk right, the hand of my character is kinda misplaced. Here's a screenshot of the problem:

post-78559-0-13723400-1363129488_thumb.jpg

Does anybody know a solution for this?

Thanks!

For the dark face, there is a patch. Also, you can try moving all of the textures from:

\Data\textures\actors\character\Oriental\x117\female

to:

\Data\textures\actors\character\xvisionc\female

Where is the patch you speak of?

I moved the meshes and they seem to be duplicates in that folder already but moved nonetheless but still same character face problem.

Race menu works fine as long as you do not use it to change your race. You should always use CC to change your race. Newest SKSE, and while your at it make sure you have the latest FNIS as well. Use TFC to put your camera in position.  (to the left side of the screen)  Stay on the ALL tab. everything is available from that screen.  No body shrinkage.

There are two more DLC comming, lots of changes and some of the mods people are working on are incredible, but they will not work perfectly with everything. Modders working on things cannot be expected to have there mods 100% compatible with with what comes out a week later much less several months. Got to take the good with the bad or go play it om PS3.    :P

forgive my stupid question but... what is the sky children race ID #?

Race menu works fine as long as you do not use it to change your race. You should always use CC to change your race. Newest SKSE, and while your at it make sure you have the latest FNIS as well. Use TFC to put your camera in position.  (to the left side of the screen)  Stay on the ALL tab. everything is available from that screen.  No body shrinkage.

There are two more DLC comming, lots of changes and some of the mods people are working on are incredible, but they will not work perfectly with everything. Modders working on things cannot be expected to have there mods 100% compatible with with what comes out a week later much less several months. Got to take the good with the bad or go play it om PS3.    :P

This CC you mentioned is it like a race change command? becuase each time i use showracemenu and pick the sky children race my game crashes? And if this CC would help can you write the command in your reply.

For all of those having problems with Race Menu By Expired, It does work. There is one simple rules you must follow. 

Never change your race by menu. Period.  Always use a console command to change your race.

so you say that using showracemenu will crash your game? becuase each time i write Showracemenu and pick the sky children race my game crahs.

This CC you mentioned is it like a race change command? becuase each time i use showracemenu and pick the sky children race my game crashes? And if this CC would help can you write the command in your reply.

I asked my question because I wanted to know what the race id was so I could type it into the console command. I've pretty much given up on enhanced character maker plus character making extender. 1 it's screwing up somethings with my game, 2 using it with apachii hair makes my game crash even with the new thing out that supposedly prevents crashing. Only thing that really drew my attention to ecm plus cme was the extra ear option slider.

The CC or Console Command I believe is Sky Children.  Type help and x117, page up till you get to Race, Click on you toon (id numbers will appear on the center of the screen) and type player.setrace   OraezeRaceX117. You may or may not get a mismatch on the head but that is fine. Now you are going into the showracemenu. 

For those of you who are having trouble installing the race at all, there is a simple answer. Follow Directions!!! They are on the first page. Nowhere does it say anything about modified race menus, SkyUI, killable children,  kill mods, dozens of active scripts,  ect, ect.  This is designed  to do what the game designers Purposely made hard.  Jiitek  suggests a clean install, but of course nobody wants to do that, and I understand. I have never done one.  You must take it step by step.  Install just the mod as instructed, without all of the  other stuff.  Armor mods are fine, but other than that turn it off.  Everyone should have a good save somewhere in Helgan once you have complete control of your character. ( when you are looking around for your first armor.) If you do not want to go back that far, remove all the fancy mods,move to a new cell and save. Then follow the directions.  Lots of people have installed this with minimal issues, and 99% of them can be cleared up by reading the forum.

English is not everybody first language, and we are all hear to help, but please make an effort to read. 

For the problem with turning off the music, it has no .esp it is just a replacer. You do not have to delete and reinstall the files every time, you just have to make it so that Skyrim cannot find them. Rename the music and Sounds folder to MMusic and SSounds or something. If you have a mod that adds more sounds and music, you will have to create two sets of folders and rename them when you want to swap.  Or you could create you own .esp. ( don't ask me, never tried it with music)

I experienced this mysterious bug when walking sideways. When I press 'D' to walk right, the hand of my character is kinda misplaced. Here's a screenshot of the problem:

Hard to tell from the photo, Is your hand (wrist ) going through the sleeve?  If so its an armor problem.  Hand was not weighted to the top. 

The CC or Console Command I believe is Sky Children.  Type help and Sky or children, page up till you get to Race, Click on you toon (id numbers will appear on the center of the screen) and type player.setrace  and what ever the race is. You may or may not get a mismatch on the head but that is fine. Now you are going into the showracemenu. 

For those of you who are having trouble installing the race at all, there is a simple answer. Follow Directions!!! They are on the first page. Nowhere does it say anything about modified race menus, SkyUI, killable children,  kill mods, dozens of active scripts,  ect, ect.  This is designed  to do what the game designers Purposely made hard.  Jiitek  suggests a clean install, but of course nobody wants to do that, and I understand. I have never done one.  You must take it step by step.  Install just the mod as instructed, without all of the  other stuff.  Armor mods are fine, but other than that turn it off.  Everyone should have a good save somewhere in Helgan once you have complete control of your character. ( when you are looking around for your first armor.) If you do not want to go back that far, remove all the fancy mods,move to a new cell and save. Then follow the directions.  Lots of people have installed this with minimal issues, and 99% of them can be cleared up by reading the forum.

English is not everybody first language, and we are all hear to help, but please make an effort to read. 

For the problem with turning off the music, it has no .esp it is just a replacer. You do not have to delete and reinstall the files every time, you just have to make it so that Skyrim cannot find them. Rename the music and Sounds folder to MMusic and SSounds or something. If you have a mod that adds more sounds and music, you will have to create two sets of folders and rename them when you want to swap.  Or you could create you own .esp. ( don't ask me, never tried it with music)

Right I tried to search through the CC for sky and children and neither showed a race. All I saw for children of the sky was labeled BOOK, nothing I saw in there was labeled RACE. So any further help would be great :)

The console command to set the player's race is "player.setrace OraezeRaceX117"

thank you :D

okay apparently... even with this little trick with using race menu mod. Set the race to sky children and it still shrunk the character down drastically. I did notice something though the character size shrunk 2 times. First time it shrinks is down to the sky children height and then shrinks down a second time at least a millisecond after the first size shrink. I happened so fast that I didn't know what to think at first and I have no idea how to fix it besides setting the height up but that makes the character first person view height very tall and makes everyone look up at you.

Edited my earlier post. Been so long since I changed my player race I forgot.  On the character height  issue, That has now only happened to me after I first installed it and about the third or forth time I ran it.  It has not happened again and I cannot repeat it. I just tried a dozen different ways.  Where is Race Menu.esp in your load order? although that should not matter. Another mod is getting in the way.  Have you tried moving it all the way down to the bottom?  Also are you using RaceMenuPlugin.esp?  That's the one responsible for resetting your 1st person camera height. I really don't know what its for and have it turned off and it works fine. Do you have any mods installed that affect  the player directly?

Edit  : According to the author,  there is an issue with it not working correctly on a new game untill after you save  it once.  Have you tried installing it,  load the game you want and then create another save, exit and and then restart from the new save? 

I'll give that a try.

edit:

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

*cough* pardon the Farnsworth quote.

it appears disabling the racemenuplugin.esp appears to solve the height shrinkage problem.

now I just have two more issues to resolve but they have nothing to do with sky children.

1. solving the annoying issue of imperial, nord, redguard and breton eye issue; strangely it only happens with the males of that race the eyes are fucked up and are like halfway down the face instead of in the eye sockets where they're suppose to be.

2. Argonian mouth's are fucked up as well.

Both of those issues I hope to resolve soonish if I manage to figure it out.

@requiemfang

To solve the eye problem .YChildren of the Sky esp. must be disabled if your player character is not a child.

I doubt this is an issue that has to do with Ychildren. Reason why I say that is because I've played had this mod for a while and I've had it properly installed and haven't had any issues with other races with it installed. There's something else in my list of mods causing it I think. But isn't a discussion for this thread. I already made another thread in hopes of trying to solve it.

I had the eye in cheek problem. I'm sure it was this thread that had the solution which was turn off the Ychildren esp during character creation if you were creating a non child character. I'm not sure if it will correct an existing character, but I solved my eye issue on creating a new one this way, I think you can turn it on again after creation.

I had the eye in cheek problem. I'm sure it was this thread that had the solution which was turn off the Ychildren esp during character creation if you were creating a non child character. I'm not sure if it will correct an existing character, but I solved my eye issue on creating a new one this way, I think you can turn it on again after creation.

Hmm I'll look into it then, did you also have any issues with argonian's missing their teeth or did you find their teeth/mouth's elsewhere on there body?

Unable to download Children of the Sky -R2 -Fix.

I'm constantly getting I do not have permission to view the attachment.

I can confirm this issue as well. I think the admin might have borked something up when archiving the old thread and making this new one. It's just a thought though *shrug*

Hmm I'll look into it then, did you also have any issues with argonian's missing their teeth or did you find their teeth/mouth's elsewhere on there body?

Unable to download Children of the Sky -R2 -Fix.

I'm constantly getting I do not have permission to view the attachment.

I can confirm this issue as well. I think the admin might have borked something up when archiving the old thread and making this new one. It's just a thought though *shrug*

I have never used Argonians so I cannot say. I'm pretty sure now that this will only work when you are creating a character, it will not correct an existing one. I turned the ESP back on and it had no effect on my eyes so logic would dictate that turning it off on an existing character would also have no effect.