Hey, trying to install this and ran into something. Downloaded and extracted part one of the .bsa fine but part 2 and 3 will not extract. Anyone else have this problem?

It says that the file can not be opened as an archive.

You aren't familiar with multipart archive files apparently.

You download ALL THREE files and then using 7zip you extract ONLY the first file and it pulls the data from the other two.

Hey, trying to install this and ran into something. Downloaded and extracted part one of the .bsa fine but part 2 and 3 will not extract. Anyone else have this problem?

It says that the file can not be opened as an archive.

You aren't familiar with multipart archive files apparently.

You download ALL THREE files and then using 7zip you extract ONLY the first file and it pulls the data from the other two.

Ahh, thanks for the heads up man. Been trying to figure it out for like an hour :P

This is not a custom race mod per say.  As it says at the very top of the OP, the plugin is mainly designed to be a vanilla NPC replacer mod.  Meaning that it replaces the vanilla NPC's in the game with these revised looks.

As to a guide or save, I don't know of one.  Sorry.

You might look through all the posts in this thread as I am sure I remember that question being asked before.

If you find nothing in this thread, then you can look in the archive thread of Xeo, as that for sure will contain the race and other info to do what you are asking: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/9-xeo-archived-posts/

Turns out it is a Diablo Elf: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/43379/?tab=1&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D43379%26preview%3D&pUp=1

This is not a custom race mod per say.  As it says at the very top of the OP, the plugin is mainly designed to be a vanilla NPC replacer mod.  Meaning that it replaces the vanilla NPC's in the game with these revised looks.

As to a guide or save, I don't know of one.  Sorry.

You might look through all the posts in this thread as I am sure I remember that question being asked before.

If you find nothing in this thread, then you can look in the archive thread of Xeo, as that for sure will contain the race and other info to do what you are asking: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/9-xeo-archived-posts/

Turns out it is a Diablo Elf: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/43379/?tab=1&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D43379%26preview%3D&pUp=1

Thanks again dude.

• 2 months later...

So glad I found this mod, waiting for it to finish downloading. Since I have MBP++ it is quite annoying seeing all the npcs with black eyes and the vampires with the purple eyes. Since I installed the unholy darkness mod (really hated the old vampires. Especially in Morrowind) Since it will be quite nice to see the npcs in none vanilla mode. I was hoping to find something on the lines of Better Bodies. And I do believe this will work fantastic.

I'm somewhat stuck on Step 4 of the instructions.

XEO++ is in my OBMM mods list and apparently successfully installed, how I get into the Archive Invalidation menu is the problem.

Problem going the wrong way but I click on Tools - Archive Invalidation.

"Apply Archive Invalidation - Yes/No" Yes

.... thats all I get.

it seem i got this one problem that no one has in this thread

and the thing is that i try download BSA part2 and part3 since

the file name is"xeosp++.7zip.002" and "xeosp++.7zip.003" but can't be open with 7zip.

so is it possible to that someone change the file name and upload it or tell me how to change it.

i also try rename it but it doesn't work that way either. :-/

@NewStep_Blue:

Don't "assume" your 7zip is up to date.  Just grab the latest version off of the 7zip site and install it, then you'll know for sure.

YOU MUST open the 1st file and it will extract from all the others.  You can NOT open the others individually.

@Lightsauce:

NO!  You can NOT open the individual files.  It is a MULTI-PART file!  You can only open the 1st file with 7zip!  It will then pull from all the others.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but is it necessary to do the BSA redirection if you have Archive Invalidation Invalidated?

First, get rid of archive invalidation invalidated.  That is a VERY old and not very good way to deal with the issue.

After getting rid of it, then archive invalidate via bsa redirection with either OBMM or Wrye.  BSA redirection is the current method.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but is it necessary to do the BSA redirection if you have Archive Invalidation Invalidated?

First, get rid of archive invalidation invalidated.  That is a VERY old and not very good way to deal with the issue.

After getting rid of it, then archive invalidate via bsa redirection with either OBMM or Wrye.  BSA redirection is the current method.

I'm not using the actual mod with that name, but I do have a BSA with that name in my Data directory.  I believe its something thats installed by OBMM itself?  I'm not really sure how the whole invalidating thing works.  But thanks.

Alternatively, one could use BSA Commander to unpack the BSA from a single file back down into its separate parts.  Then just drag and drop everything into the Data folder.

The advantage of doing this is that you also get the meshes and textures and sounds and everything else that was inside that BSA file.

.....and no.

Doing this gains you nothing but headaches.  XeoSP++ was packed into a bsa file to make it compatible with other plugins.  Unpacking it to loose files and you then lose all the benefits of compatibility.  

I strongly recommend NOT doing this, as it can have a shit load of negative consequences.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to 7zip, i download the 3 parts put them in a folder to extract but no matter what i do i cannot get the bsa file it only stays in 7z is there any explanation or help for this anywhere?

After you install 7zip you just extract the FIRST file with 7zip and it will pull from the other 2.

Once you have the complete bsa file you just dump it into Oblivion\data\

• 3 weeks later...

I've been using XEOSP++ for quite some time,and I love it.I follow the guide described in page 1 very carefully.I use an OMOD version of XEOSP++,in its decription there are 2 pics showing that bashed patch should be updated and NPC face/eye/hair and Actors should be imported from xeosp++.esp( I have never done it).I play OWCND nowadays,and some of the NPCs remain vanilla,especially  those imported from it,mostly orcs.Since now I have never included any component from xeosp into BB,and its always last in my load order.Should I trust the OMOD description and import into BB?if yes,how can I do that?

Last question:BOSS suggests the following : Should I do that?

• xeosp++.esp Version 1.8 Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Body-F, Body-Size-F, Body-M, Body-Size-M, Eyes, Graphics, Hair, NPC.Race, NpcFaces}}