the ears don't match the heads and i have no idea where to get matching textures

Sounds like you didn't follow the directions correctly.

there's supposed to be a folder textures/clothes/kdcutomears with textures for the ear meshes in the xeosp bsa

the ears don't match the heads and i have no idea where to get matching textures

Sounds like you didn't follow the directions correctly.

there's supposed to be a folder textures/clothes/kdcutomears with textures for the ear meshes in the xeosp bsa

Says who?  Dude, you need to tell use what in the heck you are talking about.  What race is supposed to have this?  I am not seeing anything in the XeoSP++.esp about it.  Please specify what race requires said textures.

alright then, tell me what races are in the xeosp++.esp and what are the paths to the ears, and what I is talking about is that the Xeosp++.bsa from those 3 archives has some ear nifs in Meshes/characters/xeom/ears, that have their textures set to textures/clothes/kdcutomears which doesn't exist, I don't know if these things are used since I don't have CK (dealings with CK in the past always ended up in errors when opening up esps, so i don't want to mess with it) and if they aren't used that means they're placed there for nothing. I don't know i just wanna mess with the textures and nifs to solve my problem. i already mentioned the color is off, that means textures exit? if there weren't the ears would be black or purple?

well going blind here, but i can put it like this, there are more variations of the same race, i'd take nord races and imperial as a test, normaly the imperial race determines most of the characteristics of the other human races, so i'm guessing ears for nords and imperials should be the same, but meh, each variation of the race has a different face texture some being used for female characters and others for male exclusively... i guess i should look in the damn esp, hope it'll load

Make sure you are opening the CS with OBSE enabled or you may indeed crash.

Open XeoSP++ with the CS and then select Character (from the top menu list), then Race, then click on the race you want to view, then click on the face data tab and you will see the meshes and textures for each race.

The imperial race uses the same nif (meshes\characters\Imperial\EarsHuman.nif) but does vary the texture (dds file) just a bit:

A. One is the default (textures\characters\Imperial\earshuman.dds)

B. Xeo version (textures\xeot\boyxeo5last\imper01\xeobimears.dds) found in the bsa.

C. Xeo version (textures\xeot\xeo5last\imper01\xeoears.dds) found in the bsa.

Make certain that you properly deleted the two folders you were supposed to from installing XeoSP 1.0 and that you installed the patches for XeoSP++.

Other than that, I don't know what else to tell you.

Cheers,

Greg

Thanks for the heads up gregathit about XeoSP++ needing Shivering Isles, I never noticed that and there's no dependency on Shivering Isles that I can see in the esp, but I'm probably overlooking things again, it's HELL to get old.

No problem. 

Looking inside the XeoSP++ esp there are edits to most if not all of the SI NPC's as well as the GS and DS races.  So it is now confirmed that Shivering Isles is indeed required.

Added a requirements note to OP.

• 3 weeks later...

Does XEO affect mods like crowded cities and crowded roads?

It seems like all the Bethesda created NPCs are affected and look great, but any respawning NPC still has a Vanilla face and vanilla hair.

Example 1: Bethesda NPC

http://www.imagebam.com/image/3f56f3252271661

Example 2: Random Respawning NPC (Guards, crowded cities npcs)

http://www.imagebam.com/image/34cbc0252271656

I'm just shooting in the dark here. Been looking around a while and haven't really found anything similar to my problem. I'm know Someones figured it out before. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

EDIT: Just found the "From2CH Lives!" mod while researching this problem. I will be attempting to install that and see if its any better. It would still be nice to know if I can get the guards and legion soldiers to look better.

EDIT 2: Wow, Screw crowded cities and roads, 'From2ChLives!' is better in just about every way. I'm never going back! Still the problem of fugly guards and soldiers though.

Ok, one thing you are going to want to do right off is open your oblivion.ini file that is in your My Documents folder where your saved games are (NOT the one in your game folder!).

Open that sucker up and find the line:

bFaceGenTexturing=

and change it from 1 to 0

thus:

bFaceGenTexturing=0

That will get rid of ALL the wrinkle textures and make everyone a bit younger.

To help your guards\bandits and such you can use this: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/5288

Put it fairly high up in your load order and Xeo will need to be down at the bottom.  This way any NPC's that both mods change will default to Xeo's change.  The rule of thumb for oblivion when it comes to conflicts is that the mod lowest in the load order, wins the conflict.

NOTE:  From2ch lives includes crowded cities and crowded roads so don't use those two mods along with From2ch lives or your computer may go bonkers on you.  Also NOTE From2ch lives REQUIRES you install MBP 1.4a and MBP++ v98a or it won't work.

Have fun! :)

Wow, everything is going smoothly, which is kinda scary! :P

With the oblivion.ini in my saved games folder, it looks like I have already switched bFaceGenTexturing to 0. I'll see what moving XEO to the bottom does.

Thanks again!

If all else fails just post your load order.

If on the other hand it does work and you like things......then NOW is the time to make a backup of your game folder!  You can right click on the oblivion folder and use 7zip to make an archive file backup so in case you do install something that makes things go sideways you won't pull your hair out trying to fix or reinstall everything.  Make sure you set the archive to maximum compression so it doesn't take up too much space. ;)

Moving Xeo to the bottom completely fixed it! Awesome! No more fuglies!

This may be completely unrelated but in first person my hands are now invisible. And with the from2chlives! I'm seeing a lot of giant yellow exlcamations at the futa priory... would a BSA fix this? Last time I invalidated the game crashed everytime I walked outside a bulding and it stopped when I deleted the BSA.

EDIT: Invisible hands fixed, it was the armor.

EDIT2: Fixed futapriory exclamation marks. Was missing data files. All problems rectified.

• 2 weeks later...

XeoSP++ has a bsa file and that doesn't get extracted.  You just drop it into your oblivion\data\ folder.

For the other files, if they are a .7z archive and they are not extracting then check to see that A) you really are using 7zip and B) that you have the latest version of 7zip.

Holler if none of that helps.

My only problem with this is it does NOT work with MAO. I have to choose one or the other  If MAO comes after this in load order, this breaks, and I get frequent CTD's. If I put MAO BEFORE this in the load order, MAO break and I get frequent CTD's. If I turn one or the other off, everything for the most part works fine. Load order doesn't matter.

That is because MAO sucks hairy balls for compatibilty.  MAO while a neat concept, is horribly implemented, as it breaks any plugin that employs idles. 

My advice is grab the MAO idles you like the best and just replace the vanilla defaults with them and throw the rest of MAO in the trash can.

I think I might have a problem every one has purple bodies and a black or missing head did I install it wrong?

Yes, probably bad install. Follow the guide on first post exactly as it sais and it will work,worked for me perfectly.

If you install correctly and still have black/weird eyes,put Xeosp++.esp very down your Loading List or even under patched patch(if you use Wrye Bash). 

Body/face difference will never fix perfectly in Oblivion sadly :(. You can try these options to lessen the difference.

1. Use Luchaire's Neck Seam Concealer mod, puts amulets on neck line.

2. bFaceGenTexturing=0, in Oblivion ini (in my Documents file)

Good luck.

Probably not bad install, i had the same problem purple bodies and no heads, i couldnt fix it so i deactivated the xeoex.esp and forgot to delete everything else (textures, meshes, etc) then i entered the game and found that it worked!