Trapped in Markarth T_T

I literally cannot leave Markarth. If I try to leave either by fast travel or using the main city gate, it gets stuck at a never ending loading screen. I can enter and leave locations within the city just fine, but nothing outsideof the city. I just finished the quest to break out of Cihdna mine if that means anything.

kurisu7885, on 03 Mar 2013 - 12:56, said:
I literally cannot leave Markarth. If I try to leave either by fast travel or using the main city gate, it gets stuck at a never ending loading screen. I can enter and leave locations within the city just fine, but nothing outsideof the city. I just finished the quest to break out of Cihdna mine if that means anything.

Does it also do it if you use the console to warp out using the console command like coc qasmoke coc riverwood or whatever you want to try to warp to?

kurisu7885, on 03 Mar 2013 - 12:56, said:

Does it also do it if you use the console to warp out using the console command like coc qasmoke coc riverwood or whatever you want to try to warp to?

I've not tried that yet and only know a few console commands.

kurisu7885, on 03 Mar 2013 - 14:18, said:
ANd IU just did another try running it without SKSE and again, the same problem persists. And I figure it's not mods as I've read that people have been having a similar problem since one of the more recent updates, even on consoles.

Not sure I haven't updated steam it tried to last night but I ignored it and never installed it . Might have to wait for a patch or a update if it was caused by the new update.

Also when the game freezes/black screen you shouldn't use the tower button to force shut down as that can screw shit up on the computer because it wasn't shut down correctly the tower button should only be used for emergencies. When the game freezes use control alt delete or whatever buttons you use to bring up the task manager once you bring up your task manager then find the game under applications select it and hit end task. That will forcibly shut the game down without having to use the tower button. I usually have the task manager already up and running sitting at the top left corner of my desktop so it's ready to go for just those types of instances and all I have to do is hit control alt delete and it's there. 

ANd IU just did another try running it without SKSE and again, the same problem persists. And I figure it's not mods as I've read that people have been having a similar problem since one of the more recent updates, even on consoles.

Not sure I haven't updated steam it tried to last night but I ignored it and never installed it . Might have to wait for a patch or a update if it was caused by the new update.

Also when the game freezes/black screen you shouldn't use the tower button to force shut down as that can screw shit up on the computer because it wasn't shut down correctly the tower button should only be used for emergencies. When the game freezes use control alt delete or whatever buttons you use to bring up the task manager once you bring up your task manager then find the game under applications select it and hit end task. That will forcibly shut the game down without having to use the tower button. I usually have the task manager already up and running sitting at the top left corner of my desktop so it's ready to go for just those types of instances and all I have to do is hit control alt delete and it's there. 

Um, that's actually impossible because when stuck at a loading screen bringing up the task manager or alt tabbing out is completely impossible. I've tried numerous times when I encountered a lock up.

kurisu7885, on 03 Mar 2013 - 14:54, said:

myuhinny, on 03 Mar 2013 - 14:50, said:

Also when the game freezes/black screen you shouldn't use the tower button to force shut down as that can screw shit up on the computer because it wasn't shut down correctly the tower button should only be used for emergencies. When the game freezes use control alt delete or whatever buttons you use to bring up the task manager once you bring up your task manager then find the game under applications select it and hit end task. That will forcibly shut the game down without having to use the tower button. I usually have the task manager already up and running sitting at the top left corner of my desktop so it's ready to go for just those types of instances and all I have to do is hit control alt delete and it's there.
Um, that's actually impossible because when stuck at a loading screen bringing up the task manager or alt tabbing out is completely impossible. I've tried numerous times when I encountered a lock up.

I'm using windows 7  and I use the control alt delete all the time for loading freezes game freezes where the game completely freezes it doesn't matter it always brings up the task manager for me might be different for you if you are using a different one then windows 7 so you might need different buttons to bring it up. Not sure what buttons are needed for the other system types I only know the one for windows 7. 

Can you give us your load list (just put it in spoiler tags) to check on? Must be some dirty mod that caused it (happened to me once).

kurisu7885, on 03 Mar 2013 - 14:54, said:

myuhinny, on 03 Mar 2013 - 14:50, said:

Also when the game freezes/black screen you shouldn't use the tower button to force shut down as that can screw shit up on the computer because it wasn't shut down correctly the tower button should only be used for emergencies. When the game freezes use control alt delete or whatever buttons you use to bring up the task manager once you bring up your task manager then find the game under applications select it and hit end task. That will forcibly shut the game down without having to use the tower button. I usually have the task manager already up and running sitting at the top left corner of my desktop so it's ready to go for just those types of instances and all I have to do is hit control alt delete and it's there.

I'm using windows 7  and I use the control alt delete all the time for loading freezes game freezes where the game completely freezes it doesn't matter it always brings up the task manager for me might be different for you if you are using a different one then windows 7 so you might need different buttons to bring it up. Not sure what buttons are needed for the other system types I only know the one for windows 7. 

I'm uysing Windows 7 as well, so I have no idea why it doesn't work for me.

Can you give us your load list (just put it in spoiler tags) to check on? Must be some dirty mod that caused it (happened to me once).

It's worth a shot I guess. But I've had no problems until now.

[spoiler=Load list]

Skyrim.esm

Dawnguard.esm

Dragonborn.esm

HearthFires.esm

SexiS.esm

Update.esm

ApachiiHair.esm

BBLuxurySuite.esm

Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm

UndergroundBathhouse.esm

follower dar'hausin.esp

follower qa'raazi.esp

HighResTexturePack01.esp

HighResTexturePack02.esp

HighResTexturePack03.esp

ts_deathbyerock.esp

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp

SkyUI.esp

WetandCold.esp

WetandCold - Ashes.esp

mmkhajiithair11.esp

OpenFaceHelmets.esp

Werewolves.esp

Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp

SFO - Expanded Diversity.esp

FNISspells.esp

The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp

FullBootForKKSA.esp

FlameAtronachArmor.esp

The Asteria - Dwemer Airship.esp

UnlimitedBookshelves.esp

Dragon Falls Manor.esp

Vjarkell Castle.esp

buildablehouse.esp

BBLuxurySuiteExt.esp

BBLSVisitors.esp

BBLSspouse.esp

BBLSHousecarlsmovein.esp

breezehomelightfix.esp

Mannequin.esp

LevelersTower.esp

Northern Bathhouses.esp

Cloaks.esp

Cloaks - No Imperial.esp

Cloaks - Player Only.esp

Actualize Apparel.esp

PrisonerRagsForFemales.esp

Immersive Battles.esp

Immersive Brigands.esp

Immersive Dawnguard.esp

Immersive Factions.esp

Immersive Mercenaries.esp

Immersive Patrols.esp

Immersive Travelers.esp

Immersive Werewolves.esp

Aezeal's Castle.esp

WATER.esp

WATER Plants.esp

Morning Fogs.esp

ShootingStars.esp

getSnowy.esp

Elementalist.esp

Book_Of_Stumbling_v3.esp

Populated Cities 2.esp

KhajiitChildren.esp

My_Little_kitty_non_replaced.esp

My_Little_hatchling.esp

argonianlove.esp

Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dungeons.esp

Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Illuminated Spells.esp

Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Interiors.esp

Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Minor Cities & Town Interiors.esp

Better Embers.esp

dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp

dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp

Footprints.esp

StrapOnbyaeonv1.1.esp

SexiSCupid.esp

SexiSDefeated.esp

StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp

Chesko_WearableLantern.esp

tentaclespawnspell.esp

wabba-unrel_proj.esp

sheogorath_shout.esp

minizoo01.esp

Waves.esp

LIAT - NPCs.esp

LIAT - Sounds.esp

Headtracking.esp

SeeYouSleepByMadmole.esp

Nicer-Looking Khajiit.esp

LustyArgonianMaid&SultryArgonianBard.esp

WeatherMaster.esp

MidasSkyrim.esp

Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp

ub_bbls_merge.esp

Run For Your Lives.esp

When Vampires Attack.esp

[spoiler=Load list]

Skyrim.esm

Dawnguard.esm

Dragonborn.esm

HearthFires.esm

SexiS.esm

Update.esm

ApachiiHair.esm

BBLuxurySuite.esm

UndergroundBathhouse.esm

follower dar'hausin.esp

follower qa'raazi.esp

HighResTexturePack01.esp

HighResTexturePack02.esp

HighResTexturePack03.esp

ts_deathbyerock.esp

SkyUI.esp

WetandCold.esp

WetandCold - Ashes.esp

mmkhajiithair11.esp

OpenFaceHelmets.esp

Werewolves.esp

FNISspells.esp

FullBootForKKSA.esp

FlameAtronachArmor.esp

UnlimitedBookshelves.esp

Dragon Falls Manor.esp

Vjarkell Castle.esp

buildablehouse.esp

BBLuxurySuiteExt.esp

BBLSVisitors.esp

BBLSspouse.esp

BBLSHousecarlsmovein.esp

breezehomelightfix.esp

Mannequin.esp

LevelersTower.esp

Northern Bathhouses.esp

Cloaks.esp

Cloaks - No Imperial.esp

Cloaks - Player Only.esp

Actualize Apparel.esp

Immersive Battles.esp

Immersive Brigands.esp

Immersive Dawnguard.esp

Immersive Factions.esp

Immersive Patrols.esp

Immersive Travelers.esp

Immersive Werewolves.esp

Aezeal's Castle.esp

WATER.esp

WATER Plants.esp

Morning Fogs.esp

ShootingStars.esp

getSnowy.esp

Elementalist.esp

Book_Of_Stumbling_v3.esp

Populated Cities 2.esp

KhajiitChildren.esp

My_Little_hatchling.esp

argonianlove.esp

Better Embers.esp

Footprints.esp

StrapOnbyaeonv1.1.esp

SexiSCupid.esp

SexiSDefeated.esp

tentaclespawnspell.esp

wabba-unrel_proj.esp

sheogorath_shout.esp

minizoo01.esp

Waves.esp

LIAT - NPCs.esp

LIAT - Sounds.esp

Headtracking.esp

SeeYouSleepByMadmole.esp

WeatherMaster.esp

MidasSkyrim.esp

ub_bbls_merge.esp

Run For Your Lives.esp

When Vampires Attack.esp

Firstly, when vampires attack and run for your lives should be way above in the loading order. You used BOSS right?

Secondly, whenever i get stuck on an eternal loading screen, i coc riftenorigin. Try entering the game, type coc riftenorigin.

You will be teleported to riften. It always works.

[spoiler=Load list]

Skyrim.esm

Dawnguard.esm

Dragonborn.esm

HearthFires.esm

SexiS.esm

Update.esm

ApachiiHair.esm

BBLuxurySuite.esm

UndergroundBathhouse.esm

follower dar'hausin.esp

follower qa'raazi.esp

HighResTexturePack01.esp

HighResTexturePack02.esp

HighResTexturePack03.esp

ts_deathbyerock.esp

SkyUI.esp

WetandCold.esp

WetandCold - Ashes.esp

mmkhajiithair11.esp

OpenFaceHelmets.esp

Werewolves.esp

FNISspells.esp

FullBootForKKSA.esp

FlameAtronachArmor.esp

UnlimitedBookshelves.esp

Dragon Falls Manor.esp

Vjarkell Castle.esp

buildablehouse.esp

BBLuxurySuiteExt.esp

BBLSVisitors.esp

BBLSspouse.esp

BBLSHousecarlsmovein.esp

breezehomelightfix.esp

Mannequin.esp

LevelersTower.esp

Northern Bathhouses.esp

Cloaks.esp

Cloaks - No Imperial.esp

Cloaks - Player Only.esp

Actualize Apparel.esp

Immersive Battles.esp

Immersive Brigands.esp

Immersive Dawnguard.esp

Immersive Factions.esp

Immersive Patrols.esp

Immersive Travelers.esp

Immersive Werewolves.esp

Aezeal's Castle.esp

WATER.esp

WATER Plants.esp

Morning Fogs.esp

ShootingStars.esp

getSnowy.esp

Elementalist.esp

Book_Of_Stumbling_v3.esp

Populated Cities 2.esp

KhajiitChildren.esp

My_Little_hatchling.esp

argonianlove.esp

Better Embers.esp

Footprints.esp

StrapOnbyaeonv1.1.esp

SexiSCupid.esp

SexiSDefeated.esp

tentaclespawnspell.esp

wabba-unrel_proj.esp

sheogorath_shout.esp

minizoo01.esp

Waves.esp

LIAT - NPCs.esp

LIAT - Sounds.esp

Headtracking.esp

SeeYouSleepByMadmole.esp

WeatherMaster.esp

MidasSkyrim.esp

ub_bbls_merge.esp

Run For Your Lives.esp

When Vampires Attack.esp

Firstly, when vampires attack and run for your lives should be way above in the loading order. You used BOSS right?

Secondly, whenever i get stuck on an eternal loading screen, i coc riftenorigin. Try entering the game, type coc riftenorigin.

You will be teleported to riften. It always works.

I've attempted to use BOSS and all it did was confuse the crap out of me. And I'll have to try that next time since fast traveling to Riften didn't work

You can't coc just by using coc Riften that won't work you have to warp to something in/around riften or whatever town you are trying to warp to get it to work. Easiest way to find places you want to warp to is to type help Riften in console  then page up to find a cell name like  riftenmistveilkeep so using coc riftenmistveilkeep will warp you straight to the yarls keep. Only one that I can think of that you can just warp straight to without finding the name of a place in a town to warp to is Riverwood all you have to use for that one is coc Riverwood and coc qasmoke warps you to the games training hall/storage area use coc Riverwood to get out.

You can't coc just by using coc Riften that won't work you have to warp to something in/around riften or whatever town you are trying to warp to get it to work. Easiest way to find places you want to warp to is to type help Riften in console  then page up to find a cell name like  riftenmistveilkeep so using coc riftenmistveilkeep will warp you straight to the yarls keep. Only one that I can think of that you can just warp straight to without finding the name of a place in a town to warp to is Riverwood all you have to use for that one is coc Riverwood and coc qasmoke warps you to the games training hall/storage area use coc Riverwood to get out.

Ooooh, ok, than kyou for that, I had no idea about the go between.

I'm havign this exact fuckin problem suddenly, i can go in and out of riften on any of my saves, but one i just did 2 hours worth of dungeons and bought vlindrel hall i am literally fuckin stuck in markarth, i have tried COCing everywhere, loading into other cells then back out, its like leaving markarth is like trying go to a place that no longer exists, i even let one of the screens load for almost 20 minutes, bout to give up on this broken ass game for real.

Edit: wow, coc ritenmistveilkeep actually worked, i cant ever use it usually, it always CTD's me. thanks for that mate, really really appreciate the tip. that is the first coc command to have ever worked for me usually i type in a place and it just does nothing and qasmoke is always a ctd.

Chodebox, on 10 Mar 2013 - 01:41, said:
I'm havign this exact fuckin problem suddenly, i can go in and out of riften on any of my saves, but one i just did 2 hours worth of dungeons and bought vlindrel hall i am literally fuckin stuck in markarth, i have tried COCing everywhere, loading into other cells then back out, its like leaving markarth is like trying go to a place that no longer exists, i even let one of the screens load for almost 20 minutes, bout to give up on this broken ass game for real.

Edit: wow, coc ritenmistveilkeep actually worked, i cant ever use it usually, it always CTD's me. thanks for that mate, really really appreciate the tip. that is the first coc command to have ever worked for me usually i type in a place and it just does nothing and qasmoke is always a ctd.

You shouldn't get ctd's by using coc qasmoke if you are I would start looking at mods that you have installed the edit/modify/add things to the qasmoke cell like some mods add items/clothes some mods add merchants I know the levelers tower might cause conflicts maybe if you have it because it or the improved one connects to qasmoke and the place where the door is for the tower might be affected by the dlc's as each new one gets added to the qasmoke cell. 

• 1 month later...

AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Have the same problem, got trapped in Markarth.

I can go to any cell inside Markarth by foot, or coc to any interior cell in Skyrim,

but then I try to exit to exterior cell there is infinite loading screen.

Tried to load save just before entering Markarth, as I enter the city , I immidiatly try to exit it, -> infinite loading screen.

Same thing for older saves.

The problem is only with Markarth, can enter exit Whiterun/Solitude without a problem.

Tried to resetting Skyrim.ini/SkyrimPref.ini, removing enb , skse, setting graphics to lowest -> infinite loading screen.

Nothing useful at papyrus logs.

The only thing that left to check is for mod conflicts, but I am running 100+ mods and one of then is causing the problem.

Any links?

Managed reduce problem to 3 mods.

If any of the following mods are loaded I cannot enter/coc any exterior cell after entering Markarth

1. CerwidenCompanion.esp
  2. SlavePackRiekling.esp
  3. 3DNPC.esp

Solitude/Whiterun/Riften working perfectly well (if I have not went to Markarth before)

As well any interior cells are working perfectly well.

For example, I can coc to Jorrvaskr from Markarth, but then I if try to exit to Whiterun there is infinite loading screen.

I use BOSS for mod ordering.

Here I tried different load combinations nothing helps

This is driving my crazy.

• 2 months later...

Finally found solution:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/928826-cant-leave-markarth/page-5

remove following file: Data/textures/terrain/tamriel/trees/tamrieltreelod.dds

Thanks a ton for this :D was having the exact same issue, and this fixed it \o/ Apologies for posting in a, perhaps pretty old topic now, but again, this helped me out, it'll most likely help more people out as well!

• 1 month later...

Archived