PYFFIed Mesh and High-rez oily texture for MBP+Xeo

Yes links don't work. It would be nice for someone to refresh them. :D

I need optimized meshes and textures that can boost performance while not losing quality of textures/meshes. :D

///Edit: They links work - you have to highlight the link and press right click then open in the new tab.

Anyway someone should correct those links so they open up in normal fashion.

///Edit2: Do PYFFied Meshes for Oblivion, DLCs and SI require any mod?

The oblivion bsa is just to replace oblivion meshes\textures. If you want to replace SI\DLC stuff then you will need to find a working link to the pffied bsa. Since they are both standalone you can use them together or separately.

I know that I have downloaded the SI\DLC one in the past, but it will take me a couple of days to find it and try to post a link. Probably be Monday before I could get it done.

So if I play with Shivering Isles + DLC addons using the ptffied meshes (Oblivion Mesh http://freakshare.com/files/e8sfzr7p/Oblivion_-_Meshes.7z.html) from the first link in the first post I will be fine?

Sure. All that is in the file are meshes and textures that replace the vanilla oblivion bsa files. Nothing more, nothing less. There is no esp to cause any conflicts or fuss. If you later install the si\dlc bsa then it too is compatible with the oblivion bsa you already will be using. Think of it just like a replacer mod.

• 2 weeks later...

I too am downloading the torrent version and if it checks out (no viruses or junk in it) then I will also add it to the OP.

Thanks for your help Varenne!

Well no viruses that I can detect, and these are bigger than those in the original post here; uncompressed, which should yield a slightly better performance for those with the extra hard drive space.

I downloaded Oblivion - Uncompressed pyffi meshes and after extracting Oblivion - Mesh is 1.2GB

0_o

Yes' date=' exactly 1,235,831 KB, date 1/1/2006 12:00AM

This is larger than the original Oblivion - Meshes.bsa as it is the uncompressed version, which will run a bit faster as it will not need to be uncompressed during an Oblivion game session.

Or you can just stick with the one in the original post, which is still going to provide a significant performance boast over the original one provided by Bethesda.

You may also want to run Windows defrag. to remove any file fragmentation on your hard drive, especially if you install/uninstall files and applications often. This is something that should be done occasionally anyways.

[/quote']

For you which one runs faster? Uncomprassed Pyffi or compressed one from the first post?

Damn!!! Those uncompressed meshes, 4GB Patch and increased heap size in OSR ini. Damn!!! I used that and my FPS increased from 25-32 FPS to 30-42 FPS!!! I am glad and thank you for listing those uncompressed meshes. Now I can afford to add say 10 new eps's.lolface.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

These are optimized replacements for the OP mentioned mods?

I was having ugliness problems with my MBP++ & XEO2++ (the xeo version that can run with MBP), and Ozomo's 4k textures.

Would this help at all alleviate mental looking neck seams , tri-colored skins (hands,heads and bodies representing Neapolitan rather then a skin/head texture)  and albino redguards /blacker-than-black 'somekinda' elves I had when I tried to run MBP, Ozmo and Xeo together?

I would need to download the Oblivion and SI versions, and they would include skins for MBP & XEO, is that correct? I might give this a go if it may help me get XEO in the game sans funky NPCS.

What I'm really trying to say: I'd like to get Xeo running with MBP and Ozmo 4k textures, I've had serious issues trying this combo before, could these textures be a help or are they purely optimizes for FPS? 

Edited by trex