metalr1

i am actualy trying to learn how to use 3ds max, and z brush to try and make that armor that can be used for the spider queen race, but its going slow cause im completely new to it all, im going to try and base it around the cbbe body so it can be used with the body slide to get custom body sizes, and of course it will be tbbp. 

sorry for double post but i wanted to kinda re think the way the spider queen would work.

appearance:

firstly it would need to be at least humanish in figure (like the pic i linked up there) so it might be able to use diffrent armors and such if it wanted to, or has to wear armors in order to blend in to look human to be able to get near other people without being attacked on sight, or just have the look like in the pic be an armor of some sort. i personaly wouldent play as the spider queen if it looked like the image posted in the first post. would be great if it was able to be edited by the bodyslide tool to create custom body shapes for it, perhaps with its own specific plug in to edit size of legs and other things protruding from her? 

abilitys and how it would be played:

i personaly love playing as a vampire cause its diffrent from other things in were you have to feed regularly, its risky when feeding, and you have both positive and negative effects from being such, sooooooo the spider queen should behave as such. or to possibly make it easyer, have the spider queen have a spell that makes her look human to other people (there was a spell like this in the better vampies mod)

i loved alot of what was said in the first post, feeding off captured pray is a must, webbing them up and taking them away would be a great idea but what would be better is if you have to summon a spider minion to move it for you (cause what queen does alll the heavy lifting?). slavery with your poison is a good idea but should also be able to have a regular poison as well for a poison claw attack or something. all spiders in the world will not just be friendly to you but will activly follow you when you talk to them (like the dogs from that animal mod on the nexus) webing should have a spell and arrow kind of method, for perhaps you can have weapons that are the spider claws and spider web shooter that you can equip like regular weapons (perhaps make it so she is in capable of using anything else? unless using a human replication spell?) but the spell one is what is used to capture your victims. 

lore?: 

dont know how lore friendly this race would be, but im guessing you could say its a new race akatosh was toying around with and wanted to see how it would fair in the world of skyrim.

and thats all i have for now, id really love to see something like this in game cause playing it as a vampire or regular mortal is getting a bit old.

Wow this is a great batch of ideas, I'd really love to see it get implemented into arachnophobia too!

The transformation idea does sound a lot better than the original, that's definitely right.

I also really love the idea about spider minions.. Maybe add an entire player home/lair to store victims too, if that sounds like a good idea?

i am actualy trying to learn how to use 3ds max, and z brush to try and make that armor that can be used for the spider queen race, but its going slow cause im completely new to it all, im going to try and base it around the cbbe body so it can be used with the body slide to get custom body sizes, and of course it will be tbbp. 

If you need to learn how to use 3ds max I can find tutorials for you, heck I actually have A LOT of them somewhere.

Need me to send them over through email or something?

If you need to learn how to use 3ds max I can find tutorials for you, heck I actually have A LOT of them somewhere.

Need me to send them over through email or something?

ive actualy watched alot of tutorials, i have 3ds max, zbrush and photoshop all with the right plugins and what not, im in the process of actualy riping the spider queen model from the LOL game and then am going to convert it into a .obj so i can import it into zbrush, scale its size up, increase its resalution then see if i cant find someone professional enough with making mods to seperate her body from the armor pieces to use to make compatable with cbbe tbbp and body slide as well as hdt heel system, so one way or another even if we dont get a full race mod im going to see to it that the armor is at least made. :3

ps: ill have pics soon i hope.

well that was easy, at least riping the models, i now have elise the spider queen as a .obj file, trying to figure out how to make it more polys right now, but if anyone wants the .obj files i can send them to them (somehow) and they can take over from there, till then ill keep playing with them. 

8543447802_5ccd8571c6_h.jpg8543447572_4e753a47c6_h.jpg

well i ran into a snag, turns out that i cant find a working .nif plugin for the vershion of max that i have (3ds max 2013) so im having to get ahold of an older vershion, but i am still messing around with the .obj in zbrush (mostly learning what everything does) im hoping i can get help from professional moders to assist me with making this but i havent heard anything from anyone ive asked. 

Well, in general, to get the model from the league of legends should not be a problem as there ThiSpawn's plug-in for Maya. In the same Maya you can use one option to increase number of vertices and faces to create high poly mesh. Then you can export the model like .obj or like format for 3ds max and import the model in 3d max. Bad that I do not know how to work with paint weight tool.

Well, in general, to get the model from the league of legends should not be a problem as there ThiSpawn's plug-in for Maya. In the same Maya you can use one option to increase number of vertices and faces to create high poly mesh. Then you can export the model like .obj or like format for 3ds max and import the model in 3d max. Bad that I do not know how to work with paint weight tool.

i already have the model in 3ds max and zbrush, havent gotten maya yet, but the 3ds max im working with is 2013 one so most of the tutorials im watching end up just confusing me cause the layout is diffrent and the fact that there is no usable .nif inporter for 2013 so im having to get a older vershion anyways, but zbrush im having no problems with, cept the not being able to increas pollygon count without the model seperating into multiple pieces. 

if anyone is wanting to take over this id be more than happy to send the .obj file and .ddf file for her, i also have the spider form as well.

well that was easy, at least riping the models, i now have elise the spider queen as a .obj file, trying to figure out how to make it more polys right now, but if anyone wants the .obj files i can send them to them (somehow) and they can take over from there, till then ill keep playing with them.

Nice.

I could easily turn this into a playable race, but..... the head, hands, and feet need to be separated from the body. Mostly because of the animations needed for a playable race to function in all elements of gameplay (combat, crafting, spellcasting, etc...). Which also means adapting the female skeleton to those parts.

The Skyrim body consists of 5 parts overall:

headmesh

torso armo

feet armo

hand armo

naked body armor

armo = armor addon. The torso, feet, and hands addons are fit together by the skinnaked armor part. Player animations need to be able to find those parts. Which basically requires using the human skeleton for the animations to work through. This is why Dogtown1 adapts ALL of the new creatures in his SkyMoMod to existing Skyrim skeletons. Otherwise, he'd need to created a gazillion new animations.

Then there's the headmesh. Which requires it's own set of .tri files for facial animations and appearance customization. Without these, structural customization is impossible. Meaning every actor of the race will look exactly the same, and won't have any facial expressions or visible dialogue.

Split the mesh, adapt them to the female skeleton (assuming use of the vanilla female head mesh), and I can whip you up a playable race mod inside of an hour.

Trykz

Nice.

I could easily turn this into a playable race, but..... the head, hands, and feet need to be separated from the body. Mostly because of the animations needed for a playable race to function in all elements of gameplay (combat, crafting, spellcasting, etc...). Which also means adapting the female skeleton to those parts.

The Skyrim body consists of 5 parts overall:

headmesh

torso armo

feet armo

hand armo

naked body armor

armo = armor addon. The torso, feet, and hands addons are fit together by the skinnaked armor part. Player animations need to be able to find those parts. Which basically requires using the human skeleton for the animations to work through. This is why Dogtown1 adapts ALL of the new creatures in his SkyMoMod to existing Skyrim skeletons. Otherwise, he'd need to created a gazillion new animations.

Then there's the headmesh. Which requires it's own set of .tri files for facial animations and appearance customization. Without these, structural customization is impossible. Meaning every actor of the race will look exactly the same, and won't have any facial expressions or visible dialogue.

Split the mesh, adapt them to the female skeleton (assuming use of the vanilla female head mesh), and I can whip you up a playable race mod inside of an hour.

Trykz

that is wonderful to hear and very inlighting as to the process it takes, but currently what you say in those pics i was trying to seperate the parts that are the armor from the body and then turning it into an armor mod that would work in conjunction with the race mod, for what im wanting is the armor to be cbbe tbbp compatable, utilizes the cbbe body slide tool to create custome body times dependent on the players prefrances, and uses the hdt heel system because those are some crazzy heels on her that would be shameful to just cut into the ankle to make the heels work, so that is the goal im attempting to accomplish, i was not wanting to actualy turn that character into a race but have a race that utilises the armor into the races system/story. one thing i was going to try and do was make many vershions of the armor (once i have adaquate skills to make them from scratch) that could be used as level based armors for the spider queen, for instance the starting armor would be rather plain, more like a body suit then anything else with no spider legs protruding from her back or around the neck, level ten when she unlocks the ability to change form into a spider she has legs protruding out of her back, level 20 would be almost exactly like in the picture above, then the higher the level becomes the more elegant, detailed and intimidating the armor becomes. that was what i was wanting to accomplish, the creation of the actual race is not something i was wanting to actualy do, just the armor and varients of this. 

that is wonderful to hear and very inlighting as to the process it takes, but currently what you say in those pics i was trying to seperate the parts that are the armor from the body and then turning it into an armor mod that would work in conjunction with the race mod, for what im wanting is the armor to be cbbe tbbp compatable, utilizes the cbbe body slide tool to create custome body times dependent on the players prefrances, and uses the hdt heel system because those are some crazzy heels on her that would be shameful to just cut into the ankle to make the heels work, so that is the goal im attempting to accomplish, i was not wanting to actualy turn that character into a race but have a race that utilises the armor into the races system/story. one thing i was going to try and do was make many vershions of the armor (once i have adaquate skills to make them from scratch) that could be used as level based armors for the spider queen, for instance the starting armor would be rather plain, more like a body suit then anything else with no spider legs protruding from her back or around the neck, level ten when she unlocks the ability to change form into a spider she has legs protruding out of her back, level 20 would be almost exactly like in the picture above, then the higher the level becomes the more elegant, detailed and intimidating the armor becomes. that was what i was wanting to accomplish, the creation of the actual race is not something i was wanting to actualy do, just the armor and varients of this. 

I think I know what you mean. If I'm understanding you right, you'll need a LOT of papyrus scripting to manage all that. Definitely beyond what I'm currently capable of.

Trykz

I think I know what you mean. If I'm understanding you right, you'll need a LOT of papyrus scripting to manage all that. Definitely beyond what I'm currently capable of.

Trykz

yah im pritty sure of it, but for now im just wanting to make it an armor, if you would like to try and make a spider queen race thats just human in appearance using cbbe then that would be great if you know how to do all that was sugjested for the race. im just going to be focusing on learning how to model the armors and make them work for cbbe tbbp, bodyslide, and hdt heels. 

the armor thread is here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/15047-wip-spider-queen-armor-need-help/

• 3 months later...

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this site I was searching on Google for something similar to what I am trying to do and found a link to this forum, I register a few week back, I saw this thread about a Spider/Human Race. I myself am trying to create something similar I created a thread on the Nexus forum a few week ago to ask anyone for help or advice since I am new to Modding. I've already created a base for it that I am using.

I've got the race - I made a duplicate of the Imperial race as a base to start of. And I modified the Demon eye to make them more reddish instead of black and use them as the Ananasi Race ( its the name I use for my spider race ).

I've already came up with a short Origin of the race. I have race power that enable the Ananasi to transform into 3 different form. Swarm, True Form and the Tarantula form I called them which is basically

Swarm is Normal Frostbite spider - made my version of it - when you transform into the swarm form 4 other frost spider spawn next to you, they represent the Ananasi splitting into 5 lesser spiders.

The True form - Is a Large Frostbite spider, and the Tarantula Form is a Giant Snow Frostbite Spider.

I am trying to create the last form be need help, it would be for all intent and purposes similar to what this thread idea is about. Basically the upper body of a woman with the lower part a spider body.

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to provide help or guidance in creating this mod.

Below is a link to my post on Nexus on it you can read the description of what I am trying to do.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/991380-my-very-first-mod-need-help-please/

Have a good day!

Ian

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this site I was searching on Google for something similar to what I am trying to do and found a link to this forum, I register a few week back, I saw this thread about a Spider/Human Race. I myself am trying to create something similar I created a thread on the Nexus forum a few week ago to ask anyone for help or advice since I am new to Modding. I've already created a base for it that I am using.

I've got the race - I made a duplicate of the Imperial race as a base to start of. And I modified the Demon eye to make them more reddish instead of black and use them as the Ananasi Race ( its the name I use for my spider race ).

I've already came up with a short Origin of the race. I have race power that enable the Ananasi to transform into 3 different form. Swarm, True Form and the Tarantula form I called them which is basically

Swarm is Normal Frostbite spider - made my version of it - when you transform into the swarm form 4 other frost spider spawn next to you, they represent the Ananasi splitting into 5 lesser spiders.

The True form - Is a Large Frostbite spider, and the Tarantula Form is a Giant Snow Frostbite Spider.

I am trying to create the last form be need help, it would be for all intent and purposes similar to what this thread idea is about. Basically the upper body of a woman with the lower part a spider body.

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to provide help or guidance in creating this mod.

Below is a link to my post on Nexus on it you can read the description of what I am trying to do.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/991380-my-very-first-mod-need-help-please/

Have a good day!

Ian

The first problem you're going to have is as stated above earlier:

Animations. Essentially, you'll need a LOT of newly created animations. And for both halves of the form to be functional in unison, you'll need a pretty hefty number of paired animations (to control 8 spider legs, as well as 2 human arms, a torso, and a human head with morphs). None of which will display in the Creation Kit (as a single body anyway) for assembly.

The second hurdle will be the transformations:

Skyrim only has one function for reliably storing headpart information during a transformation. It's in a script effect called Polymorph Skeever. When you change the race property in the script, the transformation works fine for pretty much anything. The problem is that there's no function for transforming back to the previous race form, and setting the timer to change back is useless. The headparts get all screwed up, because the script looks for them in the Polymorph Skeever effect, not knowing that the effect has worn off and that it needs to transform you back.

My Demoness race was set up with 2 transformations. Transforming worked perfectly across all 3 races. I could bounce from one to the next, and then the next without a hitch. I could even transform back to the original race. Until I saved the game and reloaded without a head.

Quadroped races aren't even possible yet. I highly doubt an Octoped Race is even within the realm of our lifetime. Mostly for lack of suitable animations :(

Honestly, I don't think the Skyrim engine is even capable of handling something this complex.

Trykz

• 9 months later...

Skyrim only has one function for reliably storing headpart information during a transformation. It's in a script effect called Polymorph Skeever. When you change the race property in the script, the transformation works fine for pretty much anything. The problem is that there's no function for transforming back to the previous race form, and setting the timer to change back is useless. The headparts get all screwed up, because the script looks for them in the Polymorph Skeever effect, not knowing that the effect has worn off and that it needs to transform you back.

HeadParts can be fixed, the only thing anyone needs to worry about is animations. If it's much like the first concept where it's half spider half human then it'd be much harder, if it's more like Elise from League then it'd be easier, in Spider form you would only need spider animations, you wouldn't expect the player to try to sit in a chair while a spider. Human form would barely need any new animation sets you could mostly use human animations with a different body type attached, or with special parts that animate independently (like a tail).

HeadParts can be fixed, the only thing anyone needs to worry about is animations. If it's much like the first concept where it's half spider half human then it'd be much harder, if it's more like Elise from League then it'd be easier, in Spider form you would only need spider animations, you wouldn't expect the player to try to sit in a chair while a spider. Human form would barely need any new animation sets you could mostly use human animations with a different body type attached, or with special parts that animate independently (like a tail).

Agreed. But the list of modders who can do it is minimal at best. I assume you're talking about "storing" facegen settings during the transformation's effect, much like the game already does for werewolf and vampire lord transformations. No idea what it would entail for a custom race though.

If the function is a "storeactorfacegen" or somesuch, then any race should be usable as long as their headparts are on the necessary formlists. I'm still quite green on that whole aspect of it.

Trykz

Archived