metalr1

I'm not sure of the details and would be open to suggestions seeing as I can't mod and this is purely for the hope that somebody picks up on this idea.

You get the same abilities as spiders do, you can choose between toxic and non-toxic webs.

You can bind others with the same kind of fuction as the Arachnophobia mod.

Player is half spider possibly?

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs40/i/2009/022/0/9/spider_queen_by_lincochuan.jpg

Something along those lines or just a more human creature shape.

You can feed off of your captured prey like vampires or you can simply keep them webbed up and take them away.

I saw another mod on nexus that you could use dwemer spheres to hold any creature inside.

Perhaps you can use the same thing with your cocooned prey?

Spider venom turned into a mind numbing poison, instead of killing it makes them into your slaves?

you could set up a spider faction even, acquire slaves and food through other spiders that lie within caves?

Spider followers that can help carry prey and webbing

Instead of webbing being used as a spell use webs as ammunition like arrows, you can craft it with whatever you would get from your prey?

How spiders eat and use their food to make webs. It could run on a system like that possibly where you pick up things like from a cannibal mod where you get human hearts and flesh.

Any of these ideas are what I can think of off the top of my head at 11 30 at night ^^'

Hopefully everybody else comes up with even more things or more detailed ways of doing this, and hopefully one of the many great moders on the site finds this and works on it for the community :D

I remember seeing a mod like this for Oblivion/Morroawesome (Morrowind). I'm sure it'll be possible, but it'll probably take some time. Keep in mind, something like this would need a brand new skeleton, and brand new animations. It's basically like you're making a completely new entity in Skyrim. Personally, I'd love to see this as an enemy as I absolutely LOVE fantasy like enemies.

Come to think of it, maybe someone could modify the default vanilla human anims, and instead replace the legs with the frostbite spider anims. >.>

I remember seeing a mod like this for Oblivion/Morroawesome (Morrowind). I'm sure it'll be possible, but it'll probably take some time. Keep in mind, something like this would need a brand new skeleton, and brand new animations. It's basically like you're making a completely new entity in Skyrim. Personally, I'd love to see this as an enemy as I absolutely LOVE fantasy like enemies.

Come to think of it, maybe someone could modify the default vanilla human anims, and instead replace the legs with the frostbite spider anims. >.>

Or they could replace the legs with the backend of the spider, or at least bend them back at about a 90 degree angle and hide them with the spider bottom, like if it were wearable. Or just make it into a transformation like werewolf, but make it last as long as you want.

hm.. a lot better thought process when you're awake LOL.

I doubt its all that simple tho...As you'd still have to modify animations, and if using 2 entities, that would be a paired animation as well. And as far as I know paired animations are a major pain and usually buggy as shit. So making a new custom body might be the only way even tho that is also a big pain in the butt.

I doubt its all that simple tho...As you'd still have to modify animations, and if using 2 entities, that would be a paired animation as well. And as far as I know paired animations are a major pain and usually buggy as shit. So making a new custom body might be the only way even tho that is also a big pain in the butt.

if you make a custom body is it possible to use part of the normal model? Then just putting it with a section of a frostbite spiders model

Isnt a spider-human called a drider or something in dnd?

Irregardless. I love the idea! especially if it would be a fully compatible skeleton with all sorts of animations! :3

I had this idea the other night while playing around with arachnophobia and a few other mods.

It would probably be easier with the transformation then.. That way you could use an already done model with most of it's animations and add a few more bonuses to it.

although it all depends on how much work modders want to put into it. If I could mod things myself I'd never see the sunlight again xD

but.. I can barely put mods into the game so..

Making requests! xD

Well yes, but that way you'd probably still need te re-do the skeleton, and thus the animations, as I don't think a character can have more than one skeleton.

You're actually wrong, a character skeleton can be attached to another skeleton, thats the way Khajiit and Argonian tails work. I also think that thats the way Mounting works. If you look at a mount skeleton (either vanilla horses or custom ones), you'll find a Bone called SaddleBone, in which the PC/NPC character gets attached to the mount skeleton.

I'm investigating how it works, because I wanted to implement it in a mod I'm doing but will probably abandon it, because so far, what I've observed, is that both character/behaviors files need to be built together in HBT, and since we don't have access to Bethesda's project source files (.HKB), the only way I can see it being made, is for start over a new project from scratch. Either that, or someone who can look at the thousands of XML tags, and figure out how both Behavior files can be hooked up with one another.

But if you are able to rig and setup the bottom part, and then permanently, be able to mount another top actor part on the bottom, maybe that can do the trick. It might have erratic behaviors though, because they are two distinct characters/actors/races. The most worrying issues that I can think of will be:

- The PC being able to mount the bottom part

- 2 actors mean, that if you kill the Top part, the Bottom part will stay alive

But its not impossible... just hard to get it done, and it will be VERY time consuming. You could do a simple test by using a spider and another biped race to see how it behaves. If all goes well, then you can start doing the meshes, etc

As a side note, Theru, over @ Nexus, has already started a alpha Centaur creature has a mount, you might want to check it out:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31163

IF she's modeled after the Boss in Dark Souls, I'd be happy :)

I want a sexy queen and not a monster (well technically she has a monster for a pussy).

Lol.

Boss in dark souls? I havn't gotten that far in the game I'll have to look her up.

and yeah definitely sexy, either sexy or just a transformation so you can still be sexy and have captives ;D

Whatever's easier for the modders, I want good ideas and people to enjoy them, but I don't want to overwork those nice enough to take me up on offers like this :3

Just for reference, in case anyone wants to do this with that mount solution I talked about earlier:

http://www.creationkit.com/SetVehicle_-_Actor

This allows for one actor to be mounted on another by script. I suspect the Mounter Pelvis Node, gets attached to the Mounted SaddleBone node. Not a perfect/optimal solution, but I could imagine this as an easy way to develop hydrib races like Gorgons, Spiderqueens, Centaurs, etc, without the hassle of getting to much involved with all that hkx thingamajig. Still, the skin between the 2 wouldnt ever blend, but could be easily solved by putting in the mesh an armor at the waist, to better hide any clipping or seams.

If you are looking for a reference. There is a Champion in League of Legends called Elise the Spider Queen that pretty much fits the description of this Race idea.

Link 

A little of topic.. Lol has nice art skins for heroes but it sucks in terms of getting them.

and On topic. That would be a really nice addition to skyrim, kinda like a daedra spider

Quick edit: a quick search on google for a skyrim daedra spider i found this. Well to bad it is no more on nexus, could have been a start

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/85968

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/58991

If you are looking for a reference. There is a Champion in League of Legends called Elise the Spider Queen that pretty much fits the description of this Race idea.

Link 

A little of topic.. Lol has nice art skins for heroes but it sucks in terms of getting them.

and On topic. That would be a really nice addition to skyrim, kinda like a daedra spider

Quick edit: a quick search on google for a skyrim daedra spider i found this. Well to bad it is no more on nexus, could have been a start

Those are/were from skyrim monster mod.

Not sure if those are still in v12 or not but....

http://www.vgunetwork.com/files/file/1028-skymomod-v12/

that's where to find that now.

Edit: iirc I don't think the body on top of the spider was really animated.  I think I only saw one,  and then promptly killed it fire  *shrugs*

Link 

Definitely, those things are incredibly scary though x.x

Well at least it isn't impossible there's some area for a start now.

if your going to have a spider queen race it should be something more sexy than a human torso and spider abdomen squished together, something along the lines of this :http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/294/f/4/elise_the_spider_queen_by_zeronis-d5ihue1.jpg

then the race should be able to change into a spider as her race ability.

i would love to see a race like this in game and would actively play as it if it was released.

sorry for double post but i wanted to kinda re think the way the spider queen would work.

appearance:

firstly it would need to be at least humanish in figure (like the pic i linked up there) so it might be able to use diffrent armors and such if it wanted to, or has to wear armors in order to blend in to look human to be able to get near other people without being attacked on sight, or just have the look like in the pic be an armor of some sort. i personaly wouldent play as the spider queen if it looked like the image posted in the first post. would be great if it was able to be edited by the bodyslide tool to create custom body shapes for it, perhaps with its own specific plug in to edit size of legs and other things protruding from her? 

abilitys and how it would be played:

i personaly love playing as a vampire cause its diffrent from other things in were you have to feed regularly, its risky when feeding, and you have both positive and negative effects from being such, sooooooo the spider queen should behave as such. or to possibly make it easyer, have the spider queen have a spell that makes her look human to other people (there was a spell like this in the better vampies mod)

i loved alot of what was said in the first post, feeding off captured pray is a must, webbing them up and taking them away would be a great idea but what would be better is if you have to summon a spider minion to move it for you (cause what queen does alll the heavy lifting?). slavery with your poison is a good idea but should also be able to have a regular poison as well for a poison claw attack or something. all spiders in the world will not just be friendly to you but will activly follow you when you talk to them (like the dogs from that animal mod on the nexus) webing should have a spell and arrow kind of method, for perhaps you can have weapons that are the spider claws and spider web shooter that you can equip like regular weapons (perhaps make it so she is in capable of using anything else? unless using a human replication spell?) but the spell one is what is used to capture your victims. 

lore?: 

dont know how lore friendly this race would be, but im guessing you could say its a new race akatosh was toying around with and wanted to see how it would fair in the world of skyrim.

and thats all i have for now, id really love to see something like this in game cause playing it as a vampire or regular mortal is getting a bit old.

I think a step further. In an old role playing game called "Werewolf: The Apocalypse" was a race wich can transform in four different forms. A Human, a Lillian (Spider Human Hybrid) and prefered Combatform against supernatural beings, a Pithus (a giant venomous spider with very strong nets) prefered form for Hunting an setup traps and the so called crawlerling (a swarm of many many normal spiders) prefered infiltration and escape form.

I'm really inexperienced in modding bethesda games but as far as I know, are Oblivion and Skyrim using a similar engine. So a good start can be a regular Human with two polymorph spells. Pithus: Giant Frostspider should already exist somewhere in the "web" ;). A portation of an already existing oblivion model, should be the easiest way to get a Lillian polymorphspell.

That is a working startup i guess. 

Archived