SexoutNG - Outdated and Locked.

regarding the tokens... I can see them on the trade window when I barter with NPCs.  If I approach a NPC for sex and then afterwards talk to them to barter.  Their tokens are listed for trade.  I am assuming this is a bug.

Yeah, the unfortunate aspect of MiscItem is they don't have the non-playable flag as an option. There's nothing wrong with using MiscItems, they have advantages over Armor items marked non-playable. I prefer one style and Pride preferred the other... both work equally well. If you see any Sexout/mod tokens, just leave them where they are and everything will work as intended.

Which would be fine if people bothered to read instructions. But we've had one (somehow only one) instance of someone actually buying the debug tokens from a merchant and screwing up the whole system.

Now that we have the NX_Set commands do we really need tokens anymore?

Which would be fine if people bothered to read instructions. But we've had one (somehow only one) instance of someone actually buying the debug tokens from a merchant and screwing up the whole system.

For data storage no... but some tokens we'll likely continue to need as the entire animation system depends on the presence and/or count of tokens in inventory. Some tokens are used as functionality and contain scripts.

I thought about swapping all the tokens to Armor items but that has it's own issue... chief among them it would require every single script compiled referencing any of them to be recompiled.

I'll take a look and see just how hard it would be to swap out the visible tokens for something else. If only SexoutNG scripts need recompiling I'd be fine with that. I don't know if any other mods specifically reference tokens (other than ZAZ which I know uses Animation tokens)... anyone know of any?

Just confirming something here, as far as I can tell from the coding the undress process doesn't remove tokens etc that aren't in bodyslots does it? So there's no need to add tokens to the SafeClothes / "don't undress" formlists.

Also had you any thoughts on whether we should move the FemaleCreatures formlist from SCR into SexoutNG and perhaps whether we need to allow later for different animations for them? No rush, I know you got heaps on your plate.

It depends on what body slot the token has assigned. However, the way *I* make tokens is to make them Armor items set to "Big Guns" slot but non-playable so they're invisible in inventory screens. Pride uses MiscItem items set as quest item/persistent reference. The code checks:

ref itemHair     ; slot 1
ref itemArmor    ; slot 2
ref itemLHand    ; slot 3
ref itemRHand    ; slot 4
ref itemWeapon   ; slot 5
ref itemPip      ; slot 6
ref itemBackpack ; slot 7
ref itemNecklace ; slot 8
ref itemHeadband ; slot 9
ref itemHat      ; slot 10
ref itemGlasses  ; slot 11
ref itemNose     ; slot 12
ref itemEar      ; slot 13
ref itemMask     ; slot 14
ref itemChoke    ; slot 15
ref itemMouth    ; slot 16
ref itemBody1    ; slot 17
ref itemBody2    ; slot 18
ref itemBody3    ; slot 19

Since the tokens I made and the ones Pride made can't be worn, they won't get "undressed". If a token uses a different scheme/slot, it may be susceptible to the undressing code. If it's a token type that does get worn and gets worn in one of the above slots, it will be susceptible.

As for moving the formlist to Sexout, if that's the easiest/best thing to do, then let's do that by all means.

I have them set to Bodywear but haven't allocated slots for them so they shouldn't be affected as they aren't in any slot, does changing them to BigGuns clear the GECK Powerup Biped error or is it for some other reason.

You should be able to create yourself a formlist for Female creatures and then just have Sexout add it to the banned list for now or just manually add them via GECK, then after I know you've done it, I'll just remove my script & list from SCR in a few months time, adding them twice shouldn't hurt. Currently I just do this in SCR on Restart/Reload.

; *** Creature Lists
	Set rList to SexoutSLCreaturesFemale
	Set iCnt to ListGetCount rList
	Label 20
	if iCnt > 0
		Set iCnt to iCnt - 1
		Set rItem to ListGetNthForm rList iCnt
		AddFormToFormList SexoutListBannedActor rItem
	goto 20
	endif

For data storage no... but some tokens we'll likely continue to need as the entire animation system depends on the presence and/or count of tokens in inventory. Some tokens are used as functionality and contain scripts.

I thought about swapping all the tokens to Armor items but that has it's own issue... chief among them it would require every single script compiled referencing any of them to be recompiled.

I'll take a look and see just how hard it would be to swap out the visible tokens for something else. If only SexoutNG scripts need recompiling I'd be fine with that. I don't know if any other mods specifically reference tokens (other than ZAZ which I know uses Animation tokens)... anyone know of any?

I've been changing all my tokens over to unplayable quest wearables for the next release of SCR, mainly to clear inventory clutter as I use a lot of them now, most are needed for actuall scripts to be added to actors rather than data. But I'll look into the NX_SET commands too and see if that will suit replacing my count tokens.

A few old ones, I guess, and a few newer ones probably combine the old & new methods, like a flaginuse + a token item count check to see if an actor's getting it on, similar with detecting A/B position.

Maybe you could simply change the name of NG's tokens to include saying something like "do not remove"? If people still remove 'em from an inventory when it clearly says right there that they shouldn't, well, that'd be their business. And there wouldn't be any hassle accounting for changed formIDs and the like.

I use Armor items set to Big Guns for 2 reasons... one it gets rid of the biped error message and two it's a holdover FO3 slot that can't be worn in NV.

I'll add SexoutSLCreaturesFemale to Sexout in the next release.

Will also change all the names of every token to include a prefix like "DO NOT BUY OR TAKE:" at least as a stopgap. I'm kind of on the side of the fence that says people that stupid shouldn't be protected... if only to hurry their removal from the gene pool. BUT... the programmer in me can't help but protect against a known bug hehe.

The major roadblock to using NX functionality is that it can't be used everywhere we'd need to use it. The biggest would be in Conditionals. Of course we should look into replacing any functionality with NX functionality whenever it makes sense.

I have no programming experience outside of the GECK, but... If NVSE can add new functions to the game, and NVSE can allow the GECK to compile these new functions, why can't NVSE add them in a way that they could be used in conditionals?

Ok thanks, normally I dont buy or trade for em... but at times when I kill and loot npcs... I tend to "Loot All".  I'll refrain from that if I see those tokens.  But if a NPC has a long list of items... those tokens are at the bottom of the list and off screen.

I have no programming experience outside of the GECK, but... If NVSE can add new functions to the game, and NVSE can allow the GECK to compile these new functions, why can't NVSE add them in a way that they could be used in conditionals?

I don't think any new conditionals have been successfully added by any script extender yet. I could be wrong though... will look into it.

I don't think they have either, I'm just wondering why they haven't.

A few reasons most likely. They couldn't find the memory addresses of the conditionals so they could hook them. They couldn't find the memory addresses of where the conditionals are inserted so they could apply a hook. They found the memory addresses but each implementation caused memory leaks. I could go on but you get the idea.

Just guessing but any of the above and more could cause the lack of new conditionals.

Guest prodlimen

Many thanks for the update Astymma. May I request that the Supermutant animation 1430 (Blowjob) could be included in the list of playable postions?. Anytime my courier has an encounter with a Supermutant all the animations are played, except this one.

I made an experiment, and set the Oral Frecuency to 100% while the anal and vaginal frecuency were 0.  It was imposible to have sex with the supermutants. At least a little value is required for vaginal to play an animation with them (I'm using Rapegame plugin to test the animations). Is there a chance that this animation (1430) could be labeled as vaginal so it can be considered by the system?.

Forcing the animation with the console has been imposible :(. The supermutant perform his part, but my courier just stands behind him and do nothing. 

Thanks a lot and keep up the good work :D

Many thanks for the update Astymma. May I request that the Supermutant animation 1430 (Blowjob) could be included in the list of playable postions?. Anytime my courier has an encounter with a Supermutant all the animations are played, except this one.

I made an experiment, and set the Oral Frecuency to 100% while the anal and vaginal frecuency were 0.  It was imposible to have sex with the supermutants. At least a little value is required for vaginal to play an animation with them (I'm using Rapegame plugin to test the animations). Is there a chance that this animation (1430) could be labeled as vaginal so it can be considered by the system?.

Forcing the animation with the console has been imposible :(. The supermutant perform his part, but my courier just stands behind him and do nothing. 

Thanks a lot and keep up the good work :D

I'll check 1430 and see what's up with it.

EDIT:

1430 is set up correctly... the problem is that SexoutRapeGame implements creatures incorrectly. It will always use:

set SexoutNG.ActorA to player
set SexoutNG.ActorB to partnr
set Sexout.SexType to Vaginal

That's the default code it runs when it can't match genders into MM, MF, FM or FF. Since creatures evaluate to false for GetIsSex Female AND GetIsSex Male, the default handler gets ran which is the above code. Since 1430 only runs if isOral == 1, you'll never see 1430 when testing with rape game.

Hey Astymma, i was checking this Mod http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/34903, which is pretty cool. I think Sexout mods actually surpassed it since it's something ppl built a lot of things upon. But one thing i really liked about this mod, is the sound effects during sex, which seem to have a lot of variants. I don't know if the sound effects it has were created by him or were already in FOVN(dont think so), but they sound pretty good. Adding more sound effects is something that SexoutNG permits any user to do so(like a sound folder)? Or would it have to be added in the mod itself?

Anyway just something i wanted to brought :)

Thanks for all your work man!

Hey Astymma, i was checking this Mod http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/34903, which is pretty cool. I think Sexout mods actually surpassed it since it's something ppl built a lot of things upon. But one thing i really liked about this mod, is the sound effects during sex, which seem to have a lot of variants. I don't know if the sound effects it has were created by him or were already in FOVN(dont think so), but they sound pretty good. Adding more sound effects is something that SexoutNG permits any user to do so(like a sound folder)? Or would it have to be added in the mod itself?

Anyway just something i wanted to brought :)

Thanks for all your work man!

Sounds are something that could certainly be expanded upon in Sexout. I doubt anyone working on Sexout needs to have AP or SI pointed out to them though hehe ;)

Guest prodlimen

Use DEFINE_CMD_ALT_COND_PLUGIN to declare your function, and then implement _Execute and _Eval method. That's all you need.

Ahh gotcha.

Thanks again for checking the issue for me @Astymma :D , and thanks to you too @jaam for providing an alternative. I forgot to mention that I manipulated the values through Sexout NG Mod Configuration Menu options. I don't know anything about coding or scripting :( , therefore I didn't understand that line (Use DEFINE_CMD_ALT_COND_PLUGIN to declare your function, and then implement _Execute and _Eval method). Did you guys mean I have to do something or that it could be implemented in SexoutNG  :huh: ?. Please tell me it can be implemented in SexoutNG  :P  Or tell me who should I hit and I'll hit him  :ph34r: AAAAAAYYYYAAAAAAA, LOL.

Use DEFINE_CMD_ALT_COND_PLUGIN to declare your function, and then implement _Execute and _Eval method. That's all you need.

Ahh gotcha.

Thanks again for checking the issue for me @Astymma :D , and thanks to you too @jaam for providing an alternative. I forgot to mention that I manipulated the values through Sexout NG Mod Configuration Menu options. I don't know anything about coding or scripting :( , therefore I didn't understand that line (Use DEFINE_CMD_ALT_COND_PLUGIN to declare your function, and then implement _Execute and _Eval method). Did you guys mean I have to do something or that it could be implemented in SexoutNG  :huh: ?. Please tell me it can be implemented in SexoutNG  :P  Or tell me who should I hit and I'll hit him  :ph34r: AAAAAAYYYYAAAAAAA, LOL.

That exchange between jaam and I had nothing to do with your question(s). It related to creating custom condition functions for in nvse and/or the nvse extender.