Crashing at fast travel.

kurisu7885

So, I thought I had my crashing issues more or less fixed. Then I had a crash when I attempted to ender the Bannered Mare. Again, no big, I set up my computer scanner and went to bed.

Today, I went and found another word of power. I went to fast travel back to High Hrothgar in order to seek out the next. The game crashes. I groan as usual, boot it back up, now I can't fast travel, at all. I attempt a fast travel and the game crashes after mayve a quarter second on the loadng screen. I putzed around near Whiterun, the last place I was able to save, and no problem until I attempted a fast travel.

Having Steam verify the game cashe seems to have partly fixed it at least, however the fasty travel crashes persist.

I recently had worse crashing problems until I removed all mods, made a clean save ,then put all my mods back in. I've read abut textures being too big and about a possibly 4 gigabyte patch because Skyrim doesn't let itself use enugh memory, however I can't find said fix.

Try dying. Some times that fixes fast travel and save crashes in bethesda games. If you crash on load after death try some of these, cause your in trouble:

If your textures are too big use optimizer textures - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/12801

Minimum compression is enough make sure you don't optimize any decal mods like enhanced blood textures can cause problems.

If that doesn't work it means you have a mod conflict. Usually the conflict is one of you mods deletes a referenced object instead of disabling it then another mod references it and you game crashes. You can fix it in Tes5edit if you've learned how to use it. High Hrothgar doesn't have that much to load just some clutter by the chest and the temple so its probably a deleted reference.

Skyrim already is 4 gb, bethesda patched that with patch 1.4 or something super early.

Attk power loader - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/27959

You can use this to unload your background processes and play in fake full screen mode which boosts performance, reduces stuttering and should cause smoothing loading between cells.

Try dying. Some times that fixes fast travel and save crashes in bethesda games. If you crash on load after death try some of these, cause your in trouble:

If your textures are too big use optimizer textures - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/12801

Minimum compression is enough make sure you don't optimize any decal mods like enhanced blood textures can cause problems.

If that doesn't work it means you have a mod conflict. Usually the conflict is one of you mods deletes a referenced object instead of disabling it then another mod references it and you game crashes. You can fix it in Tes5edit if you've learned how to use it. High Hrothgar doesn't have that much to load just some clutter by the chest and the temple so its probably a deleted reference.

Skyrim already is 4 gb, bethesda patched that with patch 1.4 or something super early.

Attk power loader - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/27959

You can use this to unload your background processes and play in fake full screen mode which boosts performance, reduces stuttering and should cause smoothing loading between cells.

Heh, is there a concole command ot kill yourself?

A lot of mods on GEMs are old and dirty. I use a bunch myself pretty much cleaned or just upgraded to a new still updated type of the same mod.

But anyway try optimized textures; it's super easy to use just make sure you have all of the requirements on the page. Then just open it up and select your skyrim data folder and minimum setting for compression. Then check off the bsa box and select all of the bsas (except for decals). Then just hit start and go play outside till its done. If you have the space on your hard drive make back ups, if not you can just reinstall mods to un-compress them if something goes wrong for some insane reason.

Shouldn't have too texture mods don't usually cause you to crash... not in skyrim anyway (some will make you crash using the forge but not loading). but convert them to mipmaps with optimizer textures and see if it helps.

S.T.E.P http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11

step has some ini tweaks that can help with crashing on load. I use them myself even though I don't have the problem might be useful. plug them in and see if they help before messing with your load order and plugins. also has links to several mods that boost performance by reducing the textures of stupid stuff like rain and snow flakes that are high rez but you can barely see.

Archived