Any solution to the Miraak glitch?

We all know Bethesda are going to pull their usual make us wait a year for a patch bs, so has anyone found a solution to that glitch in Dragonborn's Miraak fight where he doesn't absorb the dragon soul and stands there invincible forever not doing anything making the fight impossible to finish? I think the same glitch is preventing any dragons at all from giving souls now as well (they dont turn to skeletons when killed like they normally do). I tried using the console to skip past the fight, but it doesn't acknowledge Miraak as being dead, so doesn't really work that way.

How I made it work:

1) Kill all the dragons, so that you're alone with Miraak.

2) Enter sneak mode, go behind a pillar, and wait. It's a long while, but he will exit combat mode and become a normal NPC again. After that, you nail his ass.

The trick is to be patient. Many people think that Miraak will return to normal as soon as the player sneaks, but he has to regen first.

Consoles can't even help you when he's invincible. 

I tried the fight 4 times, and finally got it working. The trick to bypass this glitch's noted on UESP. Just don't get off the dragon until it's killed, then proceed to attack Miraak with a low damage weapon. It might take a while, but that seems to be the only solution for now.

Also, when I finally managed to kill him, his body went underground, so I was unable to loot his armor. Just use TCL console command to go down and loot him, then come back.

Well I don't know if it's quite the same glitch but I had a problem where I would take away more than 33% of his health and when he went to heal he'd just stand there after absorbing the dragon soul with about 5% of his health missing. Anyway, my solution was to open the console, click on him and type "resethealth" to artificially heal him fully. It worked every time for me and sounds like it takes a lot less time than your hiding solution (You cowards, you!).

• 1 month later...

I had the glitch where he goes into the black goo and never comes out, after he's absorbed all three dragons. Turning off the unofficial patch made no difference. Killing any of the dragons first wasn't an option as I didn't have dragonrend (I started Dragonborn with an old save that dated to before I'd completed Dawnguard due to file bloating!). 

In the end the only thing that worked was waiting till I'd got him to this stage and then do what this guys says in about the fourth post:

http://skyrimforums.org/threads/dragonborn-miraak-battle-bug-not-the-etheral-bug.20161/

Disable Miraak

Enable him

Let H Mora kill him and gloat

Then resurrect him

Then kill and loot him

Not a very satisfying way to complete the last fight. But then it was a very ordinary fight against a rather 2 dimensional character in the first place...

if you defeated him and nothing happened (he's still alive but invisible) you need to get back at place where you tamed dragon and enter chapter II then back to place where you fight miraak. this will fix Mora dialogue, but if you want to get Miraak items you must spawn him with console and kill him normally because you can't gather loot from his normal body lying under black book :) worked for me

Allright, just found a solution for one of the glitchs; I swear it worked for me, I am still jaw-slacked: 

- dismount the dragon, let him talk, begin fight. 

- open console, write setstage dlc2mq06 580    This will immobilize somehow Miraak and bring up the altar with the black book.

- attack Miraak, now unable to defend himself, and he will go ethereal. Open console, click on him, write disable. Hit enter/return. Without clicking anywhere else, write enable. 

- at this point, Herma-mora appeared and impaled Miraak normally.

-----

- excited by the discovery, I saved in a new save and loaded again to try my own fix. This time everything worked the same, but with one exception. After writing setstage dlc2mq06 580, he was immobilized and the altar was brought up, I attacked Miraak, he went ethereal, disabled, enabled... but no Herma-mora! ... but I wrote setstage dlc2mq06 550 (550, not 580 this time) and the good old Herma-mora appeared normally.

Sidenotes:

- I want to explain that AFTER Miraak was dead, the pillar was up, the respecialization shrines were up... I was still in combat because the two dragons Miraak was supposed to kill were still in the air. Fix: click on the dragon, write disable, rinse and repeat.

- I have Skyrim up to the last patch, 1.9.32.0.* , and got SKSE in version 1.6.13, gazillion mods from the nexus, the three unofficial patches active, etc etc. I do not know where the glitch came from, but I know for sure that neither SKSE or whatsoever mod had to do with it, as I had it with every mod active and I managed to bypass it with the game in the same exact state.

I really hope this work for you!

Personnaly i had the glitch when Miraak kills the first dragon but nothing happens, making him staying in the pool in ethereal form forever. Plus, I had the problem where i couldn't absorb dragon souls (dragons weren't turning into skeleton).

I hadn't the unofficial patch, and when I installed it it didn't change anything for me. To fix it, I had to delete some scripts in the script folder that were related to dragons behavior (presumably installed by some mod at a point.) I can't remember their exact title, just know that there was dragon in it.

Though I found that solution by a long and blind googling session, so you might find something that way. Hope i helped. :)

The main issue of him staying invincible was the fact when he absorbs a dragon soul his HP doesn't get to full making him get stuck. Resetting his health fixes that. Since I had that issue and tried various things.  Resetting health worked for me.

Didn't have to go whittle him down slowly or anything. It may not work for everyone.

Here is what i do:
mount to my 1st dragon and order it to attack miraak, i let my dragon do the attacking, miraak and 2 other dragon will attack my dragon. and wait until my dragon die, Miraak will absorb my dragon soul and regenerate to full Health, because the damage that dragon make to miraak is small. after that i use Bind Will shout at Red dragon and repeat the same action. same with the last dragon. and in the end i kill  miraak  without him become an Etherial.

I had that bug too, tried many console command without any success...

Installed a few days later the unofficial dragonborn patch and it worked even if Miraak went "underground" when he died.

(a good "tcl" and he was looted >:]  )

But really, that's a shame that Bethesda hasn't fixed that, hopefully modders are still there for us

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

let miraak say his few lines about greeting u. than climb the dragon set game to novice attack mirrak while riding the dragon . he will kill the dragon within no time.now use the bend will shout on another dragon , ride him, miraak will also kill it within no time repeat this for the third dragon. after all the three dragons dead change gameplay again to your liking, now u will be able to defeat miraak and kill him without this glitch. it worked for me. hope it works for u.

• 6 months later...

I know it's been long, but besides the ethereal bug I have encountered another bugs, after killing all his 3 dragons, and solving the ethereal bug by resethealth method, I've taken down enough health to bring him to the impale scene, but after he was impaled with the tentacles, it stays there, no Herma-talk, nothing, setstage command did not work, no skill-resetting pedestrial coming out, the skaal villagers were stuck in the stage where they keep telling me to kill miraak.......I'm stuck here watching miraak getting impaled but nothing more happened. I'm using the latest unofficial skyrim and dragonborn patch, along with deadly dragons, dragon combat overhaul, miraak follower (long disabled before the fight).

Anyone could help? I have already restarted my game 3 times trying to get past the glitch, don't really want to do it again T_T

• 6 years later...