[Wip] Official Tnt Custom Race Thread - Or, What The Femboy Idea Turned Into

Another update on my end. Today I decided to try to give a second look at the model to try to solve these issues I'm having (okay that's just one issue so far but yeah) and as I opened it up in Marvelous Designer I suddenly noticed something I missed before:

1440678971-whassat.jpg

As you can see there's that zone with those weird "torn" lines. Does anyone knows what might be the cause of this ? I'm assuming that those lines are precisely the reason why I'm having that "hole" in the mesh when it's loaded in Skyrim. >.>

could be reversed normals causing the tear. In fact probably is lol.

Or a ruined uv map, now that would be extremely bad :wacko:

Another update on my end. Today I decided to try to give a second look at the model to try to solve these issues I'm having (okay that's just one issue so far but yeah) and as I opened it up in Marvelous Designer I suddenly noticed something I missed before:

1440678971-whassat.jpg

As you can see there's that zone with those weird "torn" lines. Does anyone knows what might be the cause of this ? I'm assuming that those lines are precisely the reason why I'm having that "hole" in the mesh when it's loaded in Skyrim. >.>

Any idea on how I can reverse them again so that they're un-borked ? I'm using 3ds Max BTW ;)

1440678971-whassat.jpg

Or a ruined uv map, now that would be extremely bad :wacko:

Yeah I had looked in the past on how to make a UV map and boy that's a pain in the ass to make :| In all cases I hope silvernirvash is right and that it's just a matter of flipped normals *worried*

Well I gave a closer view to my model in 3ds Max using xview and the least I can say is that Murphy's law is fully in effect as I wanted to see if there were issues with the model. Well it turns out that a ludicrous number of UVW faces are flipped. How many ? Just 2894 :| So yes it looks like you were right silvernirvash: apparently the UV map has gone to shit like big time (and not just in the section I circled in red on my latest screenshot).

EDIT: for whatever reason after 3ds Max crashed and I reopened it it shows no UVW faces borked up o.o In all cases I'm gonna continue to investigate.

Well I gave a closer view to my model in 3ds Max using xview and the least I can say is that Murphy's law is fully in effect as I wanted to see if there were issues with the model. Well it turns out that a ludicrous number of UVW faces are flipped. How many ? Just 2894 :| So yes it looks like you were right silvernirvash: apparently the UV map has gone to shit like big time (and not just in the section I circled in red on my latest screenshot).

EDIT: for whatever reason after 3ds Max crashed and I reopened it it shows no UVW faces borked up o.o In all cases I'm gonna continue to investigate.

How does it look with actual textures on?

well i can't claim to be a professional at this kinda thing but if you WANT i can take a look at it myself. i'm currently a student studying game art & design myself so i know enough in 3ds max to fix things like this. Tho when it comes to UV unwrapping i'm not the best out there not sure how you want it laid out but i can definitely take a look and try and fix the model itself at least.

Wel it looks just fine aside from that "hole"in the leg that I have still to fix. From what I've been able to pinpoint it's an overlap problem of some sort that causes that (either that or flipped normal but I've normally fixed those).

well i can't claim to be a professional at this kinda thing but if you WANT i can take a look at it myself. i'm currently a student studying game art & design myself so i know enough in 3ds max to fix things like this. Tho when it comes to UV unwrapping i'm not the best out there not sure how you want it laid out but i can definitely take a look and try and fix the model itself at least.

I'm gonna fiddle with it a bit more and see if I can solve it as I might have discovered what is causing the issue in the mesh but if its still not solved well I'll link the mesh in the thread and well at this point I hope that you'll be able to figure out what's wrong in there.

Wel it looks just fine aside from that "hole"in the leg that I have still to fix. From what I've been able to pinpoint it's an overlap problem of some sort that causes that (either that or flipped normal but I've normally fixed those).

I'm gonna fiddle with it a bit more and see if I can solve it as I might have discovered what is causing the issue in the mesh but if its still not solved well I'll link the mesh in the thread and well at this point I hope that you'll be able to figure out what's wrong in there.

well if you do ever link me the mesh i'll be glad to take a look at it. ^^

Yeah, me too since I'm mostly finished with my own project.

Yeah, me too since I'm mostly finished with my own project.

hey! hey! hey!......hey......no one asked you.......jk lol

All right, it's time for an actual progress report. During these last year I've been working on this project on and off, had quite a bit of learning to do, a bunch of ragequits and also a lot of research on what was the best body to use as a base. I tried quite a few UNP based bodies: ashen trap, litheria, unp skinny, bodies created with the old unp bodyslide by stuffedbunny, UnpCM and UUNP. I've also tried other bodytypes like Dream Girl, CITRUS and even lady body/demonica. In the end all of these could have been viable solution but I decided to stick with UNPCM for a simple reason: the weighting is a work of art. You simply can't find a body that looks better than this when in actual motion (Dream Girl by Petrovich actually comes really close but it's not fully compatible with unp uv maps).
So now that I have finally set my mind on what I actually want and I somewhat gathered the bits of knowledge to actually realize it, things have been coming along quite nicely and progress in the last weeks has been smooth (apart from the exporting nifs from blender nightmare).
Here's a screenshot of a newly created character with one of the default breton presets (nothing too fancy).

43lpKA5.jpg

I still need to tweak the wrists and neck areas, make a _0 weight version and then it should be hopefully done. At least the body part, then there's the armor/outfits conversion part, unless we want our femboys to go around the frozen lands of skyrim buck naked :P

All right, it's time for an actual progress report. During these last year I've been working on this project on and off, had quite a bit of learning to do, a bunch of ragequits and also a lot of research on what was the best body to use as a base. I tried quite a few UNP based bodies: ashen trap, litheria, unp skinny, bodies created with the old unp bodyslide by stuffedbunny, UnpCM and UUNP. I've also tried other bodytypes like Dream Girl, CITRUS and even lady body/demonica. In the end all of these could have been viable solution but I decided to stick with UNPCM for a simple reason: the weighting is a work of art. You simply can't find a body that looks better than this when in actual motion (Dream Girl by Petrovich actually comes really close but it's not fully compatible with unp uv maps).

So now that I have finally set my mind on what I actually want and I somewhat gathered the bits of knowledge to actually realize it, things have been coming along quite nicely and progress in the last weeks has been smooth (apart from the exporting nifs from blender nightmare).

Here's a screenshot of a newly created character with one of the default breton presets (nothing too fancy).

43lpKA5.jpg

I still need to tweak the wrists and neck areas, make a _0 weight version and then it should be hopefully done. At least the body part, then there's the armor/outfits conversion part, unless we want our femboys to go around the frozen lands of skyrim buck naked :P

ZOMG YAY!!!! Oh and someone needs to at some point along the way make a custom texture for the body LOL because let's be realistic. walking around with a flat chest but with textures that have obvious breasts on them is a bit awkward hahaha then again as you said....we won't be walking around the frozen lands of skyrim buck naked....OR WILL WE!? :P

43lpKA5.jpg

ZOMG YAY!!!! Oh and someone needs to at some point along the way make a custom texture for the body LOL because let's be realistic. walking around with a flat chest but with textures that have obvious breasts on them is a bit awkward hahaha then again as you said....we won't be walking around the frozen lands of skyrim buck naked....OR WILL WE!? :P

It's kinda funny that you would mention it, because that screenshot uses fair skin complexion which gives you options for flat diffuse and normal maps, but I still only use flat diffuse maps to get some shadows, since the chest it's not completely flat. The only thing I really dislike about this textures is how the nipples look so big and pinkish.

Anyway, I guess from time to time taking a stroll around Skyrim in our birthday suit wouldn't be too bad, you know, sunbathing in Whiterun grass fields, taking a dip in lake Honrich, that kind of thing :cool:

43lpKA5.jpg

It's kinda funny that you would mention it, because that screenshot uses fair skin complexion which gives you options for flat diffuse and normal maps, but I still only use flat diffuse maps to get some shadows, since the chest it's not completely flat. The only thing I really dislike about this textures is how the nipples look so big and pinkish.

Anyway, I guess from time to time taking a stroll around Skyrim in our birthday suit wouldn't be too bad, you know, sunbathing in Whiterun grass fields, taking a dip in lake Honrich, that kind of thing :cool:

sure....taking a dip in lake Honrich....sure that's what i was thinking of doing .....:P LOL

43lpKA5.jpg

sure....taking a dip in lake Honrich....sure that's what i was thinking of doing ..... :P LOL

I'm confused, what else would you want to do? :huh:  :angel:

43lpKA5.jpg

sure....taking a dip in lake Honrich....sure that's what i was thinking of doing ..... :P LOL

wouldn't you love to know what us ....innocent....pure.....nice fembois do in our free time ;3

43lpKA5.jpg

wouldn't you love to know what us ....innocent....pure.....nice fembois do in our free time ;3

Innocent...pure...and nice things, I guess...?

43lpKA5.jpg

Innocent...pure...and nice things, I guess...?

yes.....yes......innocent and.....pure things.....sure lol

Yay, I can actually put -twink- me in the game now.  Looking forward to the final release of this.  Now I need to find some beefy non-muscular bear follower!  Anyone know where I can find one?   :angel:

Well the maker of SOS made an updated version to SOS called SAM and it overhauls the entire body not just the schloooong lol.

so all males would end up getting bodies based on SAM tho im not entirely sure if it's a skyproc patcher or just randomizes it some other way. Other than THAT you could easily download male overhauls for the faces or even do a quick search on the nexus for male followers. Tho the MOST interesting ones aren't that pleasant to look at face wise. They're more interesting for what they bring to the game in story driven quests, custom voice actors, great personalities, and more lol.

Thanks for the Alpha meshes

Hope there more work done on this at some point 

who knows  maybe i,ll find some skills and help /lol

anyway here's Bobbi

PYkXm5P.jpg

J2HO14G.jpg

where did you find the CLOTHES!?

They look like a low weight,possibly modified version of the ironically appropriately named Bobble Pop Boys Clothes pack.

The thong,though,is unfamiliar to me but it looks intriguing not only because it looks nice on the intended gender to wear it,but it might work for other non-fem-boy mixed-gender female based characters,as well.

Thanks for the Alpha meshes

Hope there more work done on this at some point 

who knows  maybe i,ll find some skills and help /lol

anyway here's Bobbi

PYkXm5P.jpg

J2HO14G.jpg

where did you find the CLOTHES!?

They look like a low weight,possibly modified version of the ironically appropriately named Bobble Pop Boys Clothes pack.

The thong,though,is unfamiliar to me but it looks intriguing not only because it looks nice on the intended gender to wear it,but it might work for other non-fem-boy mixed-gender female based characters,as well.

▲ this tbh rather bad outfit studio hackery for the outfit , deleted the body mesh / reassigned the item slot number and did my best to form it around the body, molded around da package

The thong is from a mashed mod i don't recall exactly but was able to pull the mesh out and graft on a flaccid penis, but keep it slot 52 so on unequip  working unit is available