Basic Sexout Modding [GECK, Scripting ...] Questions and (maybe) Answers.

Swyke

EDIT: I have changed the Topic Title. (10.04.2013)

Hello!

As playing F:NV with Sexout just complaining and making suggestions for further mods just doesn't make sense at all.

So I tryed to make my own mod. Just very basic, very primitive, some interior and exterior modding, NPCs, a little Quest and some Dialougue.

I have called it "The Mojave-Schoolgirl" because I am a Elementary-Schoolboy in Modding-Affairs. My last attemts in modding where back in anciend Morrowind-Times. ;)

But now I ran into an issue very soon. You will laugh about it, but I don't know, how to go further.

----

I had installed NVSE, NVSE Extender and GECK allredy.

I made a little Mod without Sexout.

I have instelled the latest Version of Geck-Power-Up (geck-powerup-nv-0-1-7-3-20120902 ) as told here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/4320-new-vegas-scripting-help-for-dummies-answers-101/

I didn't find the geckcustom.ini

I started the GECK via "C:\xyz\SteamApps\common\fallout new vegas\nvse_loader.exe" -editor
I loaded only FaolloutNV.esm, Sexout.esm and my (Basic-Non-Sexout)-Mod as Active-File.

I got a Lot of Error-Mesages I ignored by saying OK.

I copied the Now-And-Forever-Interface Basic-Code to start a random animation as descirbed here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/6982-the-sexoutng-api-how-to-for-modders/ and edited it to my NPCs Reference.

I got the error (WARNING - Power Up - Scripts; Scripts Script 'Default Compiler, Line 1';  Script Command, "0syTeachyPeteREF.NX_SetEVFI "Setout:Start::CallVer" 1 not found"

And if I run the Mod, the animation doesn't start. (Even it doesn't crash ;)

----

So I am sorry to ask you: "What have I done wrong?"

I have started a new thread, because there will be a lot of newbie-questions in the future ... if I solve this first issue at all ;) ... and maybe in the far future it vcan be changed to a Thred about a usefull mod.

I attach the mod ... it is realy very lousy (!!!) but I think it's better to begin with small ambitions.

It starts in Goodsprings right in front uf the Prospector-Saloon. Read the Book.

(Edit: It seems, that i can't attach files ..., tryed with both uploaders and with expolrer and firefox.

Edit2: OK, I have to zip even a tiny esp ;))

Thank you for your patience

Swyke

PowerUp is telling you that script won't work. The problem is pretty straightforward, actor reference starts with a number, that is zero in your case. If you change it to "osyTeachyPeteREF", or anything starting with a letter, you won't get aforementioned error, and it will work. That means you have to rename this ref everywhere! As a general rule, it's best to start all names (of everything) with a letter, not a number. Just to say, this is a general rule in computer world (programming), but fancy operating systems (frameworks, etc.) liberate us from thinking about this. As nothing is perfect, you can count that naming something with a starting number will slap you on the face in the worst possible moment.

Other thing is that you only need to tick Sexout as a master, maybe SCR also if you use something from it. FalloutNV is master of Sexout, so you don't tick it yourself in GECK, but you'll see it selected after saving and loading your mod with only Sexout selected as a master. Also, when starting to make a new mod, you can select Sexout as a master on the beggining of mod creation.
There's also a minor problem with dialogs flow in your quest, those "Choices" and "Add topics" fields. There are many tutorials about dialogs that can be helpful, and I'm sure you'll get used to way the they work in a short time.
Hope this helps you. I'm not very experience modder, so others could provide more info.
Anyway, I've editted your mod, changed the forementioned ref name, and it works. Sex scene following the first lesson is playing. If you want that to be oral, you should throw in **osyTeachyPeteREF.NX_SetEVFl "Sexout:Start::isOral" 1**.

Thank you very much. I will change it as soon as possible.

I wanted to make it Oral, but since I couldn't get the animations run, I didn't ;)

The Dialogs are made without any plan, too.

I will chages this.

As I told, this is just a trial to get used in modding again.

I will carry on, and learn.

But as I don't have very much time for it, I don't think, that it will be a releasable Mod until one or two centuries ;)

Greetings and Thanks

Swyke

Hello!

I am back, again.

Teaching myself modding F:NV and Sexout I have developed my little mod a little bit further.

Right now I have made a Quest and some NPC. The NPCs are very simple, they have no AI Script, just stand on their place and wait for the PC to get asked.

If someone has a sugestion for a Basic-AI that won't allow the NPC to run away, I would be glad. But this is a Part of modding I will go to, later.

I have included the first Sexout-Animations, started by Quest-Dialogue-Topics. They work fine. --> One thing I've learned: Never use a 0 (Zero) as first Character of your REFerence. A lot of mods use the 1 (so the mod content is allways at the top of the GECK Contents) but I have changed my personal Contents with aay* now) --- Thanks a lot to Borisni again, I never would have fixed this by my own.

Quest-Dialogue (Topic) is a mess! Still I have some Topics that should disapear but don't. You have to work very carefully and I have to do a lot of practising on it.

Why I am writing this?

As I told, I did a little modding work in ancient Morrowind times (no scripting, just quest-dialogue and guilds.) But I have made this - still buggy and simple - mod in two afternoons. I will go on and ...

1.: ... would be glad if some of the other users of sexout are encouraged to try it on their own.

2.: ... have still a lot of questions and need of help.

What does this mod?

It includes a little quest to Goodsprings. You can start it by picking up the "Schoolbook" in front of the Prospector-Saloon.

I would be glad, if you try it. Once again: It's very basic and unfinished.

AND: English isn't my first language, I apologise to all all native speakers: I don't want to butcher you language! I try to do my best and I am willing to learn.

[spoiler=Spoiler]

After taking the book, talk to Easy Pete.

Right now, you can be educated by the Teacher. (You get the "School-Uniform" from Easy Pete.)

Returning to Easy Pete after beeing educated, the only Villager you can interact is Trudy (and then the "Unwashed Villager")

Here are a lot of unfinished Dialogue-Options, so you can repeat them and get more items.

The "whoring" only works with the "Unwashed Villager". This is one reason, why I am posting this.

The Mod-NPC "Ecky Pete" does nothing. I have made this NPC at the beginning because i didn't want to change the vanilla-NPCs.

The "Bunny-Schoolgirl" in the "Other School" does nothing, too.

Ignore the Gecko. Just a test to start a creature-animation. Or take him. Has no content to the quest.

So ... dear Modders, here are my current Questions:

I didn't want to include a "whoring"-content to the mod. But as a try out, I ran in it: How can I start an animation with differnt NPC (out of the same topic). In WorkingGirlTryout I found a "GetSelf" but it seems that it doesn't work in the way I thought. And I want to use the "Now-And-Forever-Call" consistently. So, how can I make a call for "prostitution-animation"?

I touched/added a "vanilla"-topic accidently. I have thrown it out of my quest at once. But still it is marked with * . How can I clean it up, because I don't want to spoil anything.

As it shall get something like a "Fetish-Role-Playing-Mod" I need a Schoolgirl Uniform an least. And one for a Maiden, a Waitress, a Nurse etc. ;) I know: "Make it yourself!" But I am just in my first stepps in modding. Making Clothings is far beyond a reasonal limit now. There are schoolgirl-uniforms at nexus, but there is no copyright disclaimer, and as I can read in the mods thread, the modder doesn't answer questions. Any Ideas?

What the hell are those "log-entrys" (Don't konw the right name, om not on my modding-computer) in the quest-stages? In the Quest-Log are only the same that apear on the screen.

I made my first steps in modding. I am sure, most of the things I made, could be made smarter, better, faster ... sugestions are welcome. Realy welcome!

How will I carry on?

[spoiler=next thing]

Proper "fetish-clothing" ;)

Adding content to the other villagers.

Maybe adding a few new villagers.

New lessons from the teacher. Maybe with other schoolgirls.

After-Sex-Dialogue and Comments... don't know how to make it.

Checking of sexout-variables. As this could be one of the first sexout-mods a new PC faces, it should check the PCs Sex-Stats: Virgin? No Creature Sex? Should be reflected by the game.

A "graduation". Right now the "GoodGirl"/"BadGirl"-Behavior of the PC is counted. There should be consequences. Maybe some perks at the end of the Quest.

And in the far future: Expanding the "Schoolgirl" to the Mojave.

Thank you for your patience and help. Suggestions are welcome.

Swyke

One thing you could do for a school girl outfit, is you can make the mod either dependent on a clothing mod, so you are not reusing assets, the original mod has to be downloaded. You can make two versions of the mod, one which would use vanilla assets and one which needs the clothing mod.

Kristina's Closet also has a schoolgirl outfit in it now, and he has given permission for some of his assets to be used in other sexout stuff, so maybe he would be open to it if you ask him.

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/47059

I'll give this one a try sometime this week, in the middle of another clearout and reinstall so why not ;)

I touched/added a "vanilla"-topic accidently. I have thrown it out of my quest at once. But still it is marked with * . How can I clean it up, because I don't want to spoil anything.

What the hell are those "log-entrys" (Don't konw the right name, om not on my modding-computer) in the quest-stages? In the Quest-Log are only the same that apear on the screen.

The best way to clean a mod of unwanted edits is to open it up in FNVEdit, find the entry for the thing you changed (it'll be under dialog topic in your case), right-click & select "remove". It'll be like it never happened.

Log entries are possible consequences to reaching a particular stage - you can have more than one for a single stage, depending on conditions you enter. Each entry comes with a result script, which is pretty handy. The text field will print out what you put there as an entry in your quest log in-game (I only use it to add the occasional comment prefaced with a semi-colon to remember what the result script does).

One thing you could do for a school girl outfit, is you can make the mod either dependent on a clothing mod, so you are not reusing assets, the original mod has to be downloaded. You can make two versions of the mod, one which would use vanilla assets and one which needs the clothing mod.

Kristina's Closet also has a schoolgirl outfit in it now, and he has given permission for some of his assets to be used in other sexout stuff, so maybe he would be open to it if you ask him.

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/47059

I'll give this one a try sometime this week, in the middle of another clearout and reinstall so why not ;)

A dependance to another (non-sexout)-mod is no way for a mini-mod like this. So I will look at Kristinas Closet - the content looks great at

all - and ask for permission.

The best way to clean a mod of unwanted edits is to open it up in FNVEdit, find the entry for the thing you changed (it'll be under dialog topic in your case), right-click & select "remove". It'll be like it never happened.

Log entries are possible consequences to reaching a particular stage - you can have more than one for a single stage, depending on conditions you enter. Each entry comes with a result script, which is pretty handy. The text field will print out what you put there as an entry in your quest log in-game (I only use it to add the occasional comment prefaced with a semi-colon to remember what the result script does).

Never worked with FNVEdit, but I will do.

Thanks a lot!

Swyke

Ok i played around with this...the concept is interesting, and actually reminds me a bit of some FO2 quests where you could sleep with people for favors and skill bonuses. I sort of got stuck at the point where I became a waitress nd then a whore, wasn't really sure where to progress after that. The dialogue could use some going over, I'm guessing english is not your first language, but if it gets polished up I think this could be fun.

Thank you, if it reminds you a little bit to FO2 I am very honoured. ;) There's no game, I had played more then this. And it was the first game ever, I played with female-char, and prefered it, because of it's contend. ;)

As I have written, this mod is basicly a test to tryout how GECK/Sexout-Modding works.

The "whoring-content" happend by acident, as I wanted to learn how a sexout script can be used for various NPC (as done in the tryout-mods). I didn`t figure it out, so I stoped at this point ...

... and made my post, asking for help about this and other things.

So there is no progress at all.

Should this mod ever reach the level, worthy to releas as beta, I think, I will throw the "whoring-content" out. There are enough occasions to do that in Sexout-New Vegas.

Next thing will be including content for DocMitchel, Chet, Sunny and the other "named Villagers".

But it will take some time, becaose I don't have much of it.

And at least: No, English isn't my first language ;) ... If this thing should get more then a beta, I will need some (a lot of) help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I've made small progress in this mod. Now I have added some "creature-content" with Sunny and the Trudy-Part has changed.

I think, in a day or two I will upload a recent version.

But first I have a lot of questions again, and I ask my Questions here, before I put them into the "API"-Thread or somwhere else, maybe some of the more-experienced-modders read it ... and can help.

1. - Is there somewhere an existing list or document of the animations. Currently im using the isAnal, isOral, isVaginal Calls for human-sex and the completly randomized calls for the creatures (are there any specifications for creature sex at all?), but now I'm thinking about including some of the "more-special"-anims into the mod. Like the ZAZ-Anims or one of Mavias-Anims which where included into NG recently. I can't imagine that any modder figures it out by him-/herself?

2. - I wanted to check if the Player is pregnant by a special creature. Checking the long, long, long list of Sexout Items I figured out, that a lot of pregnancy-relating things are includet in Sexout (or SCR) - like Offspring, Eggs, Pubs, Cum etc. - but the growing-offspring is found only in PregV3. So I can handle with born offsping without PregV3 but not with the unborn. Is that right?

3. - and still I am searching for scripting-examples especially for the new-calling-conditions or some other help ... sometimes I feel like reinventing the wheel again and again ;)

OK ... stop asking ... carry on modding ... back to the GECK ...

Swyke

2. - I wanted to check if the Player is pregnant by a special creature. Checking the long, long, long list of Sexout Items I figured out, that a lot of pregnancy-relating things are includet in Sexout (or SCR) - like Offspring, Eggs, Pubs, Cum etc. - but the growing-offspring is found only in PregV3. So I can handle with born offsping without PregV3 but not with the unborn. Is that right?

Swyke

Yeah, there is a flag token in SCR to detect a character is pregnant or not but not by what type, but to know what the pregnancy or how far along it is you need to make Pregnancy a master as Breeder has done. The only reason the Offspring are in there is so other mods can reference them without needing Pregnancy as a Master.

OK, so I will have Pregnancy as master. As it is an "experimental-playground-mod" it doesn't matter.

Thanks Halstorm!

[edit] BIG PROBLEM:

I wanted to post another question right now, but it seems, that I can't post a longer post, suddenly. Neither on this computer nor on the other one, neither with Firefox nor via IExplorer. Don't know why ????????

[edit2]

This post did it. Try to post my question next.

Swyke 

[!!! IOK! Now I have edited this post for about 50 times to post it fully, and now it seems to be complete. Something in my scripts the Post-Editor didn't alow. Submiting the original post, the browser stoped the transmission after a while. I think it was something in my variable-names, I changed now. Don't know what, don't know why ... So this was hard work, and I hope ... ]

And so here ist my next stupid question ...

... instead of making this mod playable I tryed to check some animations. In this case I wanted to see the ZAZ animations, because there is an existing
animation list.

I took an Mod-NPC and gave him two new topics.

One toppic should start the single animations form ZAZ from 1001 to 1020.

The other toppic should do the same with the 2-player animations 2001 to 2004

I defined 2 quest-variables.

Put this in the "single-anim-topic-result-script":

if Quest01.single < 1000 || Quest01.single > 1019
set Quest01.single to 1000
endif
set Quest01.single to Quest01.single + 1
aayEckyPeteREF.NX_SetEVFl "Sexout:Start::CallVer" 1
aayEckyPeteREF.NX_SetEVFl "Sexout:Start::nUseZAZ" 1
aayEckyPeteREF.NX_SetEVFl "Sexout:Start::anim" Quest01.single
aayEckyPeteREF.NX_SetEVFo "Sexout:Start::ActorA" playerREF
aayEckyPeteREF.CIOS SexoutBegin

Put this in the "2-person-anim-topic-result-script":

if Quest01.double < 2000 || Quest01.double > 2003
set Quest01.double to 2000
endif
set Quest01.double to Quest01.double + 1
aayEckyPeteREF.NX_SetEVFl "Sexout:Start::CallVer" 1
aayEckyPeteREF.NX_SetEVFl "Sexout:Start::nUseZAZ" 1
aayEckyPeteREF.NX_SetEVFl "Sexout:Start::anim" Quest01.double
aayEckyPeteREF.NX_SetEVFo "Sexout:Start::ActorA" aayEckyPeteREF
aayEckyPeteREF.NX_SetEVFo "Sexout:Start::ActorB" PlayerREF
aayEckyPeteREF.CIOS SexoutBegin

And so it works:

Now, if I chose the "single"-topic the first animation starts as expected. (Single-Cross-Round)

If I chose the "single"-topic again, the same animation starts again. Next time the same ... and again ... Nothing changes.

If I chose the "double"-topic now, the NPC gets the animation from the single-topic!

If I chose the "double"-topic again, the animation changes to the 2-person-animation and changes the animation every time I chose it again ... as expected.

If I chose the "single"-topic NOW, I see another single-animation, I think it is 1006 (Single-Cross-Impale-Struggle) ... and now again and again.

If I turn back to the "double"-topic now, the NPC gets this animation first and after that the "double"-topic seems to work as expected again.

I have realy no idea what I have done wrong!

I have tried to include a Message-Box that shows the Animation number, but it seems that I am to stupid to make that too.

If anybody has any sugesstions to solve this issue ...

Swyke

OK! Just another Edit!

Now I have changed all the NPC-References in the "single"-animations to the PlayerREF. :idea: Now it works as it should. Does anyone know how this References work? ... I do not ... :blush:  :sleepy:

OK ... it should be obviously to use the actors reference and not the reference from the guy you gave the topic to. ;)

The whole NX-Calling-Stuff remains a complete mystery to me. Is there a place somewhere in the www I can learn some more about it?

• 4 weeks later...

Yes!

I am still working on this mod. Maybe this WE I will upload the most recent version.

But now I have another basic-modding-question:

Is it possible to move a topic from one quest to another? If I delete a topic in one quest and add it to another, the topic-line remains but all of the responses seem to be deleted. Is this true? Or is there another way to split one quest in two?

Yes!

I am still working on this mod. Maybe this WE I will upload the most recent version.

But now I have another basic-modding-question:

Is it possible to move a topic from one quest to another? If I delete a topic in one quest and add it to another, the topic-line remains but all of the responses seem to be deleted. Is this true? Or is there another way to split one quest in two?

You should be able to add your topic to the new quest, then MOVE the response(s) to the new topic and finally delete the original topic in the new quest.

You may also need to do some cleanup in FNVedit but that is optional.

Ok ...

... I wanted to mod this mod to a playable beta.

But I ran into so many strange issues, I just can figure out what I've done wrong, so I have to shout out:

HELP!

If someone wants to look into this ...

At first, some disclaimer ;)

1. This Mod was created to figure out how modding New Vegas and especialy including Sexout works. I am still an absolute beginner!   

2. English isn't my first language, so please be aware of a lot of errors.

This mod should add some silly "fetish-things" for the villagers of Goodsprings, but as I don't have some propper dresses like School-Uniforms, a Waitress-Dress and some for a Nurse etc. this part didn't develope as I planed. By figuring out some general-modding and sexout-moding function I created a lot of silly content with creatures and pregnancy. So you need SoPreg. too.

How to begin:

After starting the (first) quest by reading the book under the sign of the prospector saloon, following the instructions of the teacher, you can talk to the villagers about "the Schoolgirl-Thing".

Right now Trudy has a little job to do, and if the Courier has gained some experiences already, she offers you another job.

Doc Mitchel is starting some animations forom the ZAZ, this will be repalced by a nicer part, if I ever get a Nurse-Dress, or have a better idea.

Talking to sunny should start a new quest called "Gecko-Chicken". I have included this part in the main Schoolgirl-Quest first an now was trying to split it into its own, the quest still runs, but the new quest-begin an -stages doesn't seem to work

So here are my first questions (As maybe someone will play this without to many hints, I put it in a spiler tag):

1.) - The "Gecko-Chicken"-Quest is started as you accept to follow sunny to the geckos. But the "visible" beginning is just shown after the visit. I realy don't know why!

1b.) - I have included more stages for the quest, but they are never shown. No, I realy don't know, what I've done wrong. Maybe it's because I have splited this Topics to it's own quest? But how can I solve the problem?

--->>> Most of the variables are still in the main "Schoolgirl-Quest", I know, I have to move them too, but I don't thing that this is the reason. (?)

2. As I tested it, everything seemed to be fine with the creature fractions. But as I made a new character to test it with a "virgin" player, sometimes cheyenne and other people/creatures from the village got hostile to them (and the Golden Gecko attacked all the bighorners and the player). I have added all the new creatures to the GoodspringsAnimalFraction and the AnimalFriends, but only as I added them to the PlayerFraction it seemed to work, but I am not shure. So how shall I include creatures to Goodsprings (for example) and keep them and the existing ones peacefull?

3 a.) - The AI-Packages (travel and dialogue) for sunnys walk to Laurel and Hardy seem to work fine. Except of the issue, that I didn't figure out, which distance I need for which reaction. Right now you have to run into sunny, to start the dialogues.

But as I made the AI-Packages for the way to the Golden Gecko Sunny follows me, till we are close to him, and stopps, as she should. Right now she should sneak to the Player and start a Dialogue. But the player has to run around, wait, run into the Gecko or sunny ... I realy don't know, what starts the dialogue, but this is not the way I wanted to create it. Maybe it's the same problem with the distances, too. But checing the geck-wiki didn't make me smarter. Maybe you? ;):)

3 b.) - Now there are four Animations started one after another by Callbacks. But in the last, Sunny and the Gecko, Suny has the wrong animation. I've tried both, Sunny and the gecko as NX-reference. Nothing changes.

3 c:) - As Goldy follows you, the Gecko runns into the player and doesn't keep spme distance. Maybe the same AI-Package (distance) issue ...

Ok ... and one question for the future developement ... I still get more and more into this creature-thing ;)

4.) - Maybe it's a problem with the recent SCR and Preg-developement (but I thing I am using no beta right now) everytime the Player has sex with the Geckos, she gets preganant imediately. But I din't get her pregnent with the bighorners. So I made it the rude way, by adding a growing offspring to check this "Quest" (Just another tryout, I seperated from the "Schoolgirl"-Quest). Right now I check the belly-size by "SexoutP3PregSize". Is this the best way? And how does the real BellySize according with this (at which stage changes the P0 - P7 belly?)

I think, I have forgotten a lot of other questions, I wantet to ask, but as you seen, it's a realy big mountain, I have to climb, and I don't know how ...

If somebody wants to help me I would be very happy!

Thank you!

Swyke

EDIT: Now I've found out, that I used the wrong Quest in the Quest-Stages. OOPS! Will figure out, if fixing this will fix this issue ...

And: Till now I had checked the Quest-Progress with variables. I wanted to change all of them to quest stages, but that seem to be hard work, so I don't know if it wil worth it. Any suggestions? Is using Quest_Stages better then Quest-Variables?

Maybe it's the same problem with the distances, too. But checing the geck-wiki didn't make me smarter. Maybe you? ;)

Checking the geck wiki doesn't often make me smarter either :)

AI packages are tricky. In fact, they can be plain evil. Some of the flags and options on AI packages sometimes seem to do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. The best way of dealing with this is looking at how other mods use them - this is very important to modding in general; the wiki's the theory but it doesn't always help much. If actors on a follow package follow too closely, change the distance/radius parameter on the package.

It can also be a good idea to add a token that checks if an actor is still on its AI package, and re-applies it if it lost the package somehow. You'll find examples in SOFO, SexoutAffairs too probably. Learn to use the begin/change/end result scripts in AI packages too, even if it's just to find out if they started or stopped with a printc notification. In fact, you should probably learn how to use debugprint and printc - they are a great help in figuring out what doesn't work and why.

And: Till now I had checked the Quest-Progress with variables. I wanted to change all of them to quest stages, but that seem to be hard work, so I don't know if it wil worth it. Any suggestions? Is using Quest_Stages better then Quest-Variables?

Depends. Quest stages are good for linear stories, and you can use result scripts with them. For instance, when SOFO reaches stage 15, no matter which path the player's on, it adds the player to a faction that allows her to take things and sleep in the house. That way I don't have to do it 5 times. You can do a lot with quest stages but keeping track of all aspects of a story isn't one of them. "GetStage" only remembers the highest stage you've achieved, and there's not much you can do except finding out where you are in the main, linear structure of a quest.

Quest variables can hold more information because you can have the value of several quest variables being remembered at the same time. So variables are good for remembering many more things, earlier choices etc. Except for the result scripts, quest variables can do all that quest stages do when it comes to tracking quest progress.

The best way is to use a combination of both, depending on what you need.

Thank you very much DoctaSax!

The AI-Packages seem to be very powerfull, especially the Dialogue-Package, in which you can include triggers, walking etc. together.

Looking in the vanilla Dialogue-Packages I have seen, that there is no topic set. Don't know how they start it.

The Distance for the Follow-Package you can not miss/overlook, but I did;)

But I can not check it out, till I figure out, why the creatures in Goodsprings sometimes are fighting each other (Still: The Vanilla-Creatures have at least GoodspringsCreature and AnimalFriend as Fraction, my creatures have the PlayerFraction too.)

I should look for some debugprint/printc documentation, becaus I didn't read anything about it till now.

The last time I tried to include some debug messages, I wanted to do it with the Message-Box but it didn't work as expected. Searching the I-net I found some better descriptions then geck-wikis, but I found the issue before I could check it out. Now it's time to try again. ;)

I think, I will use the quest-stages mainly for showing up messages and put them to the Questbook. I miss something like the Journal/Diary in Morrowind, because I loved to have such continuing comments about the Players doing, and the Fallout-Questbook ist juts a small substitute.

And yesterday I played a little FleshedOut. OK, as Non-American-Speaker Easy Pete was hard to understend, but I can say ...

WOW!

It is a briliant work and far above the usual "how-to-get-laid-as-fast-as-possible"-mods like mine ;)

I fear, if mine ever reaches the "beta-stage", most of it has to leave Goodsprings and it's Villagers, because it breaks immersion with yours completely.

Greetings!

Swyke

Thank you very much DoctaSax!

The AI-Packages seem to be very powerfull, especially the Dialogue-Package, in which you can include triggers, walking etc. together.

Looking in the vanilla Dialogue-Packages I have seen, that there is no topic set. Don't know how they start it.

Dialog packages are quite practical, but not quite as stable as the combination of travel package + "startconversation" in the end result script, I hear, especially if you go in and out of cells. I use them myself though. A dialog package is a combination of a travel/ambush package that ends in the npc starting a conversation. The topic on a dialog package is the topic that'll be spoken then, at the end. There are only two ways of starting a package - one is having it in the list of AI packages on the actor (with conditions sorting out when it can happen), the other is directly calling it with "addscriptpackage".

The Distance for the Follow-Package you can not miss/overlook, but I did;)

But I can not check it out, till I figure out, why the creatures in Goodsprings sometimes are fighting each other (Still: The Vanilla-Creatures have at least GoodspringsCreature and AnimalFriend as Fraction, my creatures have the PlayerFraction too.)

You  could try to create a new faction for your creatures, that's allied and has positive disposition to the Goodsprings, GoodSpringsAnimal, SunnySmiles & PlayerFactions. Not sure if you have to make the reverse true as well - it'd be best not to so that the vanilla records aren't changed.

I should look for some debugprint/printc documentation, becaus I didn't read anything about it till now.

You really should. Any time you spend on learning these, you will recover when you're hunting bugs later on.

I fear, if mine ever reaches the "beta-stage", most of it has to leave Goodsprings and it's Villagers, because it breaks immersion with yours completely.

Ah, well... I don't own Goodsprings, and SOFO's not for everyone. It's really up to the player to decide which mods to install, whether they fit right together immersion-wise or not.

Since you have it, you may want to look inside sometimes. It has examples of quite a few different techniques, most of which even work. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I've changed the Topic Title to make it a little more "universal". The Mod I am working on, can be found here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/15824-sexout-mojaveschoolgirls/

And if someboby else wants to use this topic to collect more q&a ... do it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, once again, I have another question. It may be not so "basic" anymore ... I made a tiny, little progress ;)

What I want to do:

Two people meet each other every day at the same time and have sex.

"Talk to your girlfriend about it!" ...

OK, OK, stop joking.

Two people meet each other every day at the same time and have sex.

What I have already done:

NPC-A has a sleeppackage via the ai-packages (schedule) and is in a interior-cell sleeping.

NPC-B is somewhere and gets a find/travel-package via the ai-packages (schedule) with NPC-A as reference.

At the scheduled time NPC-B walks to the sleeping NPC-A.

As End(Tab) of the find/travel package are the Sexout-Callings for the act.

Everithing works fine.

So what's the problem?

The animation runs 2 - 4 times (have sex-time set to 15 sec.) instead of once!

In think the issue is, that I have set the schedule time zo zero, because I didn't want them to fuck for a hour. But still the ai-package seems not to be removed at once after reaching the target. Still this is not bad, it looks funny watching them fuck like rabbits. ButI have the little misgiving that sometime they never stop. ;) The other worry is, that (to my opinion) it is useless to run an animation if noone is watching it. And I want to keep control about my NPC.

So I thougt, I could enhance the scene like this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.) The NPCs should walk to the interior cell for (as example) two hours. Now they stay here and do nothing. This part could be made as it was - via AI-Package.

2.) If the PC enters the interior cell (house) the animation starts and keeps on repeating till the PC leaves the cell or the two hour schedule is over and the NPCs go back to their next AI-Packages.

3.) More enhancement: If the PC comes to close, he gets recognized by the NPCs and the NPCs start a dialogue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am sure this can be made. GetInCell, GetDistance etc. ...

But I don't know where to put the script.

I can't imagine that it makes sense to put it in the end-tab of the AI-Package ... and still there is the issue to stop/remove the scheduled AI-Package.

I was searching for a way to add a external script to the end of a package (or to a topic-script-begin/end) ... there is no "AddScript", isn't it?

Or is this the reason to use tokens: To run scripts on an actor/NPC?

Or is it possible to make scheduled events without using the ai-packages of an NPC?

Or am I running in the wrong direction and it has to be made completely different?

Sorry, that I ask so many questions, but while trying to complete a little mod there are more and more ideas I want to include ...

Thank you for you attention

Swyke

What happens there is probably the AI package starting & stopping again, triggering the NG calls again.

You should probably call NG from another place, maybe a spot in your quest script, from which you call a spell or something.

Because you only want it to happen if the player's around, you should use a "if player.GetInCell CellID" condition, to do something a particular time GetCurrentTime, and if you need to check if a specific package is running on an npc or not you use GetIsCurrentPackage.

What happens there is probably the AI package starting & stopping again, triggering the NG calls again.

You should probably call NG from another place, maybe a spot in your quest script, from which you call a spell or something.

Because you only want it to happen if the player's around, you should use a "if player.GetInCell CellID" condition, to do something a particular time GetCurrentTime, and if you need to check if a specific package is running on an npc or not you use GetIsCurrentPackage.

Ahhh! GetCurrentTime is what I need!

So I can put most parts of the Event in the Quest Script.

... but I have to wait till saturday or sunday to try it ...

Thank you!