Problems with downloads

• 3 weeks later...

I see this thread hasn't been touched in half a month, but after attempting to download some mods today I noticed that several downloads randomly fail. Downloads can be resumed and speeds seem average/normal, but fail when "done" and attempting to resume at that point just causes it to fail immediately. I also have occasionally been getting internal errors from the site, so I am unsure if there is something unusual going on server-side.

First time I've experienced these issues...

6 minutes ago, Severyx said:

I see this thread hasn't been touched in half a month, but after attempting to download some mods today I noticed that several downloads randomly fail. Downloads can be resumed and speeds seem average/normal, but fail when "done" and attempting to resume at that point just causes it to fail immediately. I also have occasionally been getting internal errors from the site, so I am unsure if there is something unusual going on server-side.

First time I've experienced these issues...

If you've been doing it in the past hour or so, it may because I keep restarting parts of the server while I implement and test fixes for various other things. As a result, when some parts of the server are reset, any active downloads at that moment will fail out. Sorry for the trouble, I'm done doing it for tonight though, so your downloads should presumably complete without interruption now.

This thread is huge, so I clearly haven't read much of it. However, I recently came back to playing Skyrim and have been downloading SE mods, and keep getting disconnected from downloading. Looks like I just solved my issues and thought I'd mention it here.

One step I did prior to this was disabling ad-blocker from the site (which let's be honest, it should be disabled for here anyway).

What seemed to actually solve my problem though was adding loverslab as an exclusion from my compromised list for Malware Bytes. Apparently this site is flagged with them. Immediately after doing that, everything went back to normal.

Hope that helps someone out. You may be using other malware/anti-virus as well that might be blocking also, so it's still a step you might want to look into. If you've been using this site for as long as me, then I'm sure you're not worried about it either as far as virii is concerned, not really sure why it's flagged for it, I suppose there might be a couple of bad apples ruining it for everyone else, but for the most part I doubt it's an issue and have never found a virus related file from this site and I've downloaded hundreds of mods from here probably.

I'm trying to download SexLab Framework file, the biggest one, but the download always stops somewhere in the middle, i tryed different web browsers, but it's the same all the time, and downloading from other websites works normally. Should i do something? 

Thanks for your answer.

Halp mods I can't submit a new file. I upload a file, finish the description and hit the save button, and then some unusual warning message about security shows up, that "You're not allowed to do that action" or that sort.

Is this related to the recent changes the site is undergoing and will be fixed soon? Because I've not been around for years and don't know what happend recently. Although I do see the site is currently not in the best shape ever...

Or maybe it's because I accidently dismissed the submission once and resumed it later? But I tried once more later, started fresh that time and still got the same security error.

Couple more recent issues I've noticed that might help those troubleshooting it. I'm using Firefox, and like most are complaining, I get about halfway thru a big download (small downloads seem to work so far just fine), but then it crashes on me. So I tell it to retry, which it does... Then it crashes again about halfway, and I can't get it to continue past that.

Couple issues regarding this: First, the file being downloaded, doubles in size on the second attempt to download it (I've been using about 70mb in size files to download, so this might be different depending on the size of the file, I have no idea). Second, despite the download suddenly getting twice as big - on the second fail... I give it some time to crash (but haven't fully let it fail on the second attempt yet) - this is when I take my .part file of the download, copy it and give it a .7z extension. This new file I just created, I can extract just fine.

I certainly don't consider this stable, nor do I have any clue if it's missing anything, but 7zip will open and extract the files when done like this.

Hopefully this helps explain the problem to someone trying to fix it in case they haven't noticed. This might also help someone trying to get a download completed while they're trying to fix it.

I've been using computers a long damn time, I've never seen anything like this, I wish I could explain how or why this is happening, but I have no clue. This could be a problem with Firefox or a problem with the server, or a combination of both. Personally, I think there's some cap limit on the downloads set and why the file is doubling in size on each attempt I couldn't even begin to explain that.

Hope this gets fixed soon though.

• 1 month later...