New Site Layout

I noticed this before the forum went down for emergency maintenance, but thanks for setting uploaded pictures to automatically resize to thumbnails. Was quite surprised when I saw several threads break borders :D

I also noticed that I don't get email notifications when a thread I'm following receives a reply, is this deliberate or not a feature of the new forum software?

I can no longer see "date edited" info for topics that have been updated since they were created.

For example, see the first post in the Linage II Mods Collection or the first post in [WIP+REL] R0R0N0 Mods - Armors and Outfits.

Each post's creation date (a.k.a. start date or posted date) is visible, but not its last-edited date is not visible. Both of them have definitely been edited since being created.

The problem occurs in both Firefox and Chrome, so I'm pretty sure it's not my browser.

Could you please confirm whether the lack of "date edited" is deliberate and whether it can be fixed?

Thanks very much for your help!

I can no longer see "date edited" info for topics that have been updated since they were created.

For example, see the first post in the Linage II Mods Collection or the first post in [WIP+REL] R0R0N0 Mods - Armors and Outfits.

Each post's creation date (a.k.a. start date or posted date) is visible, but not its last-edited date is not visible. Both of them have definitely been edited since being created.

The problem occurs in both Firefox and Chrome, so I'm pretty sure it's not my browser.

Could you please confirm whether the lack of "date edited" is deliberate and whether it can be fixed?

Thanks very much for your help!

Edit dates are at the bottom in a separate box. They are pretty obvious when you see them. Any post that was edited before the move however, did not carry over it's last edited stamp. Future edits on the new forums such as in those topics you linked will plainly show it should they be updated now.

Also get You do not have permission to view this attachment.

It`s my attachment,i can`t download my own attachment, which i myself added to topic.

Do you have an example of this happening I can look at? So I can narrow down where to look into for fixing it?

Try do add screenshost with image tab,get: You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

We are not allowed jpg extension? wtf?

Jpgs should be working fine, a couple people have uploaded them, does it have a weird filename like having extra periods in addition to the one before the extension? Or any other unusual non alphanumeric character?

I noticed this before the forum went down for emergency maintenance, but thanks for setting uploaded pictures to automatically resize to thumbnails. Was quite surprised when I saw several threads break borders :D

I also noticed that I don't get email notifications when a thread I'm following receives a reply, is this deliberate or not a feature of the new forum software?

It's set to provide inline notifications by default, the bell icon on the top of the site. If you click the bell and select options, you'll be taken to a settings page where you can choose to be alerted to followed posts by email instead, just check the box for email on "Notification method to use for replies to followed topics."

It's set to provide inline notifications by default, the bell icon on the top of the site. If you click the bell and select options, you'll be taken to a settings page where you can choose to be alerted to followed posts by email instead, just check the box for email on "Notification method to use for replies to followed topics."

Ahh, thanks for the clarification. Going to need to take a closer look at all these bells and whistles to figure out he new features.

Guest Plastrader

About them notification options.

You can't select "Notification List" to these:

Notification method to use for followed topics daily/weekly digests     
Notification method to use for followed forums daily/weekly digests

just got back from holidays. Like the new board a lot. specially since its not very different from the old one in look ad feel so I did not feel overwhelmed or wtf. Its snappy and I logged in just fine. Its interesting to note that you guys chose IP board instead of vbulletin as was discussed earlier. I am going to check our the IP board.

I think your caching issue is with cloudflare. Are you using the paid version?

Here's some banners. I'll try to make some more. Imgur doesn't allow adult hotlinks or some shit, so LL is blocked . . . but nexus and reddit are not? Yep.

http://imgur.com/a/uQ9ON

Really like some of these and think they'd look real quick, they are all the wrong size though, they're 80px tall. Need to be at least 125px;

Header submissions are still being accepted?  Here's mine.

d201ed4db23d79b74d650517b6db69e5ca65f103

I'll have to make some more.

That looks good, I'll save it in an stick it in the rotation, thanks!

The follow tab reminds me of Batoto's website. It's cool now that I can receive notifications on which mods have been updated, where before I would carefully search new dates on Sexout Plugins forum. The new download button is going to take some time to get used to. Usually I would read which updates have been made to the plugin because the topic would force you to scroll down until you reached the zip files. Are forums with multiple downloads going to have multiple download buttons, or can modders keep the zip files linked on the bottom just like before?

Its interesting to note that you guys chose IP board instead of vbulletin as was discussed earlier. I am going to check our the IP board.

I think your caching issue is with cloudflare. Are you using the paid version?

Don't get me started on vbulletin, I pretty much despise everything about them now. I bought a license for LoversLab, had some issues getting everything imported over, namely attachments, and without attachments the move is impossible to make for us. I asked support for help, they pretty much said to fuck off and wouldn't help or give me a refund for their non functioning product. So I told them to stuff it and filed for a chargeback dispute with my bank to get my money back.

IP Board on the other hand! Their importer worked beautifully, it was up to date with MyBB 1.6, while vbulletin only "supported" 1.4, a 5 year old version of MyBB. Not only that but it imported MORE than vb was able to, namely passwords, attachments, and avatars. IPB also has official support for PHP 5.4, which VB also does not, despite their sales page clearly stating "php 5.2.6 or later"

IPB is more expensive to be sure, but after having played with both now, and having dealt with customer support on both, it's miles ahead of VB and worth the cost.

And no, using the free version of cloudflare, I may upgrade it, but I don't see much to warrant the $20/mo.

While I think I might like the old layout a little better, this one is pretty nice as well.  I'm sure it will grow on me more.  However, I have discovered a few bugs and old features which would be nice to have back:

When editing a post, pasting causes the editor scrollbar to jump to the bottom.  On long posts (which I have a few of), this is really irritating. Enabling 'Paste as plain text by default' did not fix the problem (actually seemed to make it worse).

Has been mentioned, but old direct links to posts are now broken.  Would be great if this can be fixed.  If not, it would be nice if it didn't land you on an error page, but instead dumped you at the OP of the post.  I noticed when following one of these old links that it loads the thread, then forwards to an error page.  I think it would be better to just leave you at the thread, maybe with an error message near the top of the page.

I liked being able to update attachments. I don't see the option to do that anymore, I hope that gets brought back.  Also, I was unable to get the flash uploader to work (clicking 'Choose Files...' did nothing) for both regular posts and the downloads section. I'm using flash 11.2.202.236.

The editor tools only function in WYSIWYG mode. Would be nice if they worked in both.

Trying to resize the editor causes my main scrollbar to move for some reason.  As soon as I click on the resizing corner, my main scrollbar jumps up so I can't see the bottom of the editor anymore.

I think there is too much padding around thread topics when browsing the forums.  Currently the TDs have 10px of padding, I think it's better at about 3.  Made it easier to skim through the thread topics, especially on lower resolution screens.

While I think I might like the old layout a little better, this one is pretty nice as well.  I'm sure it will grow on me more.  However, I have discovered a few bugs and old features which would be nice to have back:

When editing a post, pasting causes the editor scrollbar to jump to the bottom.  On long posts (which I have a few of), this is really irritating. Enabling 'Paste as plain text by default' did not fix the problem (actually seemed to make it worse).

Has been mentioned, but old direct links to posts are now broken.  Would be great if this can be fixed.  If not, it would be nice if it didn't land you on an error page, but instead dumped you at the OP of the post.  I noticed when following one of these old links that it loads the thread, then forwards to an error page.  I think it would be better to just leave you at the thread, maybe with an error message near the top of the page.

I liked being able to update attachments. I don't see the option to do that anymore, I hope that gets brought back.  Also, I was unable to get the flash uploader to work (clicking 'Choose Files...' did nothing) for both regular posts and the downloads section. I'm using flash 11.2.202.236.

The editor tools only function in WYSIWYG mode. Would be nice if they worked in both.

Trying to resize the editor causes my main scrollbar to move for some reason.  As soon as I click on the resizing corner, my main scrollbar jumps up so I can't see the bottom of the editor anymore.

I think there is too much padding around thread topics when browsing the forums.  Currently the TDs have 10px of padding, I think it's better at about 3.  Made it easier to skim through the thread topics, especially on lower resolution screens.

Not sure what your talking about with scrollbar jumps, if your pasting a bunch of content it's only natural you'd jump to the bottom of that content. I can't think of a single application that doesn't work this way, it takes less than a second to drag the scrollbar back to the top of a post, doesn't matter how long the content is. If your trying to paste plain text, just use ctrl+shift+v to remove formatting, that's universal among all browsers and sites.

Old links to posts work perfectly fine, the only case where they don't is if the link includes a #pidxxxxxx at the end of it, which seems to break them for whatever reason. I can look into a fix for it, but it's not a major priority as it shouldn't be overly common.

I don't see much of an issue about updating attachments, unless it's simply to keep download counts, this is a problem solved by using the download system instead of attachments. But that's personal preference.

I haven't been able to use the flash uploader either, haven't looked into why yet, but will soon. There's a chance that may have updating attachments.

I'm unable to replicate the scrollbar jumping after resizing the editor, seems to work fine for me.

I'll lower the padding to 5px, 3 looks way to cramped to me on large resolutions.

That's because that link is NOT a jpeg. It's linking to a .ashx file that's just outputting a jpeg. And there is no way in hell I'm going to allow asp.net files to run inline on the site. Mirror it somewhere else and use that.