New Site Layout

Hey, nice layout.. I liked the old layout, too, but this new BB software seems to have some major improvements. For example, the old one counted every refresh of a thread to views while with this the view counter does not go up.. well, it does not go up at all as far as I see.

Anyway, I was just browsing through all the new settings and realized that I can only fill in the birth date or not. Is there an option to just show the age and omit the exact date on the profile page?

Another question about the new download thread.. is this ment to put just finished files up there (releases and stuff) and used the forum mainly for discussion and sharing single files (animations etc.)?

The new site looks great about the only thing I'm not liking much is the not being able to find your post like you use to. The click profile click find thread/post click posts to bring them up scroll through to the one you want click go to so that it takes you to your last post in the thread. Now it seems you no longer have that option which was nice  to keep from getting lost in threads like what mod is this and trying to find your last post. Guess I'll I have to get a notebook and start writhing down the page numbers so I will be able to find them now.

I also noticed that some external links are bugging/glitching or whatever it would be called  clicking on a external link like say DARTHANIMAL's in post 42 opens the page you SEE the page and everything then IT disappears and loverslab pops up this sorry, we couldn't find that! WTH do you mean you can't find it. It was right there. I also noticed that when you copy someones name from another site or even copying something that has a bigger text like the Sorry, we couldn't find that! everything becomes like that and when copying a name from here or other sites and placing them in the thread you have to hit return a few times and retype everything that you just copied and pasted into the thread and delete what you copied into the box because if you try to type any after it everything gets highlighted as well.

Edit* Yeah I also notice the posting just posted my reply nothing showed up had to hit refresh to see it.

I decided earlier to go shovel snow I knew I could find that pretty easy.

It's neat, a modern look but it's as said too nexuslike (hm, I guess I prefer the old layout ;)).
Big report-buttons everywhere and also on the left.
That should be a necessary (small) evil somewhere on the right and not a good reachable eyecatcher "feature" on the left.

Nice work with the site layout. I like the darker greys you used for making posts and pics stand out from the backdrop.

You've mentioned you'd like a new header image. I dug a few out from an old WIP file I made for someone else, but my Photoshop CS3 won't save any images to other formats ATM, or save anything for that matter, so I haven't been able to do any resizing. Here's a few suggestions:

border3.png

border2u.png

border1.png

(Okay, found a small problem with adding spoiler tags, but not a major issue....just have to pay attention where the cursor appears when you press Enter after the code, since your images pop up instead of the Image Location addresses you usually view inside the Spoiler tags.)

Still, like the changes you've done.... :cool:

Using your second one for now. Though still welcome other submissions if other people wish to try.

number 3 will be my choice :(

i don't like new things

i don't like changes

"why to make simple when it can be complicated?"

navigation on the old one was much easier

and he didn't need two eternities for open 

but i think i will use on this -_-

very good job...

ps like new smilies :D :D :D

also latest files&recent topics...

We just lost the messenger and notifcation icons in the top left.

Firefox spell checking just broke....again

What version are people using of Firefox with it working?

Using the latest version of firefox and have no problems here :s