Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Site Layout

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
483 replies to this topic

DARTHANIMAL

DARTHANIMAL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Really nice great change. New year and new layout. Thanks for the great work.

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

NoJoker

NoJoker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

New site looks great, may want to change the logo or the font of "LoversLab" to a better looking one.

Chbaakal

Chbaakal

Patient 01Z-MU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Nice work with the site layout. I like the darker greys you used for making posts and pics stand out from the backdrop.

You've mentioned you'd like a new header image. I dug a few out from an old WIP file I made for someone else, but my Photoshop CS3 won't save any images to other formats ATM, or save anything for that matter, so I haven't been able to do any resizing. Here's a few suggestions:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

(Okay, found a small problem with adding spoiler tags, but not a major issue....just have to pay attention where the cursor appears when you press Enter after the code, since your images pop up instead of the Image Location addresses you usually view inside the Spoiler tags.)

Still, like the changes you've done.... :cool:

(Plastrader)

(Plastrader)
  • Guests

I like the new layout too.

And so does Bing and Google it seems, or maybe they're here in other matters...

binggooglebots.jpg

lostdaywalker

lostdaywalker

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Very nice work. Like it a lot. 

Bertus

Bertus

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

much, much better now. cheers!

stuffed_bunny

stuffed_bunny

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Uhm, not sure where to find this info... what's the max numbers of attachments per post, still 10 ? And perhaps someone could share a tip on how to get nice clickable image thumbnails. Also wondering if there's a way to resolve old #pid (post id) links.

Ashal

Ashal

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,328 posts

Couple quick changes:

Rows of forums and topics that have no new replies now have a darker background to help distinguish them from rows that do have new replies.

Darkened the obscenely bright yellow Edit strapline

Added Latest posts sidebar to the index

zippy57

zippy57

Store Manager

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,538 posts
Is it just me, or did all the quote boxes just break?

zebop117

zebop117

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Yep, the quotes are broken. They worked a couple minutes ago.

Ark of Truth

Ark of Truth

Classification Type-0

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,934 posts

They broke

Shugotenshi

Shugotenshi

忍者

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Great job guys! Keep up the good work :)

My header image suggestion...

Spoiler

Ark of Truth

Ark of Truth

Classification Type-0

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,934 posts

They broke

Ashal

Ashal

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,328 posts

I'll fix quotes shortly, right now I'm dying of starvation and need food. Will be back asap.

Ark of Truth

Ark of Truth

Classification Type-0

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,934 posts

Great job guys! Keep up the good work :)

My header image suggestion...

Spoiler

We should get like 3-4 banners and then get a script to rotate between them :D

Ashal

Ashal

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,328 posts

Quick note on the headers; they need to have no logo, as the logo is a separate image overlayed on top of the banner.

Queen Bee

Queen Bee

Necrobitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts

I'm going to be in the "I don't like the new layout" minority, aren't I? Oh well.

xXSoSoXx

xXSoSoXx

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Hey, nice layout.. I liked the old layout, too, but this new BB software seems to have some major improvements. For example, the old one counted every refresh of a thread to views while with this the view counter does not go up.. well, it does not go up at all as far as I see.

Anyway, I was just browsing through all the new settings and realized that I can only fill in the birth date or not. Is there an option to just show the age and omit the exact date on the profile page?

Another question about the new download thread.. is this ment to put just finished files up there (releases and stuff) and used the forum mainly for discussion and sharing single files (animations etc.)?

myuhinny

myuhinny

Mega Poster

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,132 posts

The new site looks great about the only thing I'm not liking much is the not being able to find your post like you use to. The click profile click find thread/post click posts to bring them up scroll through to the one you want click go to so that it takes you to your last post in the thread. Now it seems you no longer have that option which was nice  to keep from getting lost in threads like what mod is this and trying to find your last post. Guess I'll I have to get a notebook and start writhing down the page numbers so I will be able to find them now.

I also noticed that some external links are bugging/glitching or whatever it would be called  clicking on a external link like say DARTHANIMAL's in post 42 opens the page you SEE the page and everything then IT disappears and loverslab pops up this sorry, we couldn't find that! WTH do you mean you can't find it. It was right there. I also noticed that when you copy someones name from another site or even copying something that has a bigger text like the Sorry, we couldn't find that! everything becomes like that and when copying a name from here or other sites and placing them in the thread you have to hit return a few times and retype everything that you just copied and pasted into the thread and delete what you copied into the box because if you try to type any after it everything gets highlighted as well.

Edit* Yeah I also notice the posting just posted my reply nothing showed up had to hit refresh to see it.

I decided earlier to go shovel snow I knew I could find that pretty easy.

maybenexttime

maybenexttime

GUNetwork Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

it's a very nice layout but it reminds me of how vgu forums and nexus forums are set up lol.