Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Site Layout

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
483 replies to this topic

deathparade

deathparade

Flesh and metal

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

I like it alot! although i had to request a password change...

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet

Fairy Queen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Well, I really liked MyBB. And there are plugins for mybb for the 2 "new" features, too. Well, It can't be helped.

Grumpf

Grumpf

Mega Poster

• Moderators
  • 2,123 posts

Ok SS got it.
Banner, ok I was thinking more of a collection of different chars from differents games/mods but if you want Skyrim then I'll wait till I can help or someone else does it. How hard is it to have several so it can change randomly as we reload?

Limit of Upload files, as you said for the moment I'll post more stuff whenever we reach something more confortable as I got biiiiiig files.

Thanks!

On the edit page, click the screenshot you want to use and it'll get a green checkmark indicating it as "Main Screenshot"Size limit of what?Something at least semi dark so it doesn't overpower the inactive nav buttons, and I'd prefer something skyrim based.

25 MB for the moment.

windpl

windpl

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,101 posts

THIS IS SO CONFUSING!

But I like it :3

Mr. Trigun

Mr. Trigun

Cyberpunk Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

New site looks great. GJ folks.  :D

EDIT: Just a question though... Where are my subscribed threads notifications? Can't find them... :(

sunhawken

sunhawken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

It hurts me eye!

Kamen Rider Kuuga

Kamen Rider Kuuga

Fighting For Everyones Smiles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

So is this going to be like YouTube, where the layout changes all the time for no good reason?

Had to fix the links in my signature, because the new changes broke them. Thanks for that. Also, now I can't tell just by a glance what topics do or do not have new posts in them. (Actually I can now, seems it just reset everything to not vewied. I am an idiot for not noticing until now.)

Edited by BaconMinion, 02 February 2013 - 09:46 AM.

ragindude

ragindude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Well I loved the old layout, but this one ain't so bad either.

Symon

Symon

Mega Poster

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
OK, after much digging (just like work, sigh) I've sorted the site responsiveness issue I was having.

I checked my browser was working properly, check.
Logged on via vpn to work, where I control the dns, the proxies, and am sitting on the end of a pipe to the internet you wouldn't believe! (It services about 250,000 people). Poor response. Five seconds to display a page on that network is slow!
Glared suspiciously at the inordinate amount of javascript being executed.

Disabled javascript for LoversLab.
Back to normal. 5-10 seconds for a new page rather than 1 to 2 minutes. Almost as fast as the old site. Stopped the pointless cached content refreshes. I'm guessing those scripts force a reload to ensure the content is fresh.

Thing is, I have an older machine I use for browsing, email and file storage. It's old but bomb proof. My fast machines get used for games. The old LoversLab was fast and responsive on it. This is not.

I know you've worked damn hard on this Ashal, but I don't care for it myself. Still, at least disabling javascript means I can still attend.

Now if only I could get rid of the red javascript warning. I may have to hack about in grease monkey.

Edited by Symon, 02 February 2013 - 09:21 AM.

GrimReaperCalls

GrimReaperCalls

Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

I have to say, this new layout is gorgeous!

ortog

ortog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Great changes to cite! Thank you, team! 

Khiropter

Khiropter

Unknown

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

What can i say. The new layout is awesome i really like it also the download category is really amazing it really helps when you need to dl something also that blog is a nice addition as well :D

(flingingfeces)

(flingingfeces)
  • Guests

I'm digging it!  

ag12

ag12

Slaver

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Works like a charm, except for some minor issues, which have already been addressed.

IPB is an investition for the future. I personally think IPB is the best forum software out there. It costs a lot of money, but not as much as vBulletin and doesn't need to hide from vB. Not at all. And I guess it will pay out in the future.

Great work, Ashal. Great work.

fore

fore

behavior mudcrab

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

I like your layout a lot. Much nicer than before. Maybe the spacing is a bit too much. Before it was much easier to get a fast overview. Now there is much more scrolling.

But what is off (at least for me, and my regular browse to get an overview about possible FNIS issues), is the sort of the search results. When I search for a keyword, display by posts and sort by Update Time, then it will in addition be sorted by threads. And that's bad (for me), because I have to scroll past 9 month old posts in thread 1, before I get to newest post of thread 2.

I agree that this might be useful for the normal user, trying to get information about a certain subject. But for me it's horror.

Wouldn't a 3rd sort option be possible? 

EDIT: and a bug. When I pressed "Post" for this one, the message window did not disappear. So I pressed 2 more times. With the effect that I made a post with 3 times my post.

Edited by fore, 02 February 2013 - 11:45 AM.

cretin

cretin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

I like the new layout and tools.  Great work.  One bug though, I had to request a password change, which was fine, but the password form does not allow password changes without changing your email as well.

If you leave the 'change email' field blank to just edit your password field, the form doesn't like that.  If you fill it with your current email, it doesn't like that either.  You can't update your password without actually putting a new email in as well.

Jerbsinator

Jerbsinator

Huge Breast Lover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,135 posts

So no more gif avatars then I take it?

The Mad God

The Mad God

Lord of the Never-There

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts

Thanks Ashal! I'm really liking the new layout!  :D

Yami 3.0

Yami 3.0

Doesn't Kiss Ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

This new layout is badass awesome job guys.

Edited by Keno, 02 February 2013 - 12:44 PM.

ibanez85

ibanez85

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Thank you very much Ashal, I like the new layout a lot xD