Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Lovers Lab army continues to grow strong!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
223 replies to this topic

Glugg

Glugg

Legatus Loli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
^ The truth.

I've seen it time and time again in online communities: they grow to the point where they morph into something else entirely, then they fall apart under their own weight.

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

Grumpf

Grumpf

Mega Poster

• Moderators
  • 2,123 posts
Time and time again
translation seems to sabotage
the words
you know what is said
is not what is heard
Couldn't resist :)

Angel71090

Angel71090

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Fade to darkness templar style? Should it be like Ezio or assasin style lol. Cuz templars are bad guys or its just to much AC games in my head.

It's a reference to Starcraft 2, the Dark Templar cloak themselves in the shadows around them to become permanently invisible. Damn good assassins.

Be careful what you wish for.

Consider these points about why the Ban Nazi's over at Nexus are the way they are.

The Nexus is such a huge and well known community that they are constantly under the eye of a corporate interest. For that reason they have to employ people that are willing to be total dicks that stomp on anything that even so much as looks at them funny.

They are such a huge and well known community that they also have to avoid certain cultural taboos, because many people are simply not willing to deal with them and will raise bloody hell and lead a legal, moral and bloody crusade against all that is unrighteous!

They are such a huge and well known community that they inevitabley run into a lot of disruptive members that actually need stomping out. This unfortunately creates a habit of said stomping out that desensitizes thier staff to any cases that might be in question. A lot of members over there (although relatively few with respect to the astronomical number of members) like to press the report button every time they disagree with someone. An unfortunate consequence is that the staff simply do not have the time to consider cases very carefully and sometimes innocents get caught in the crossfire.

Yes there are some staff members over there who are total assholes... and to be honest I can only think of one in particular right now. I really hope that guy gets canned eventually because he is a total douche. But the vast majority of staff members over there are just doing thier god aweful job. And the real reason that Nexus tends to suck sometimes is that it is so very fucking well known and the most popular site for downloading mods.

So again, be careful what you wish for. And be careful what you ask for. If Lover's Lab ever becomes as popular as the Nexus it will have to undergo changes that will sacrafice many of the benefits of having a smaller quieter community.

A lot of cool people who call this place home might start to get thier voices drowned out by torrents of migrating dickwads that no one wants to talk to.

I for one am glad the Nexus is up and running strong.

*Does Cybermen Impression.* There is...Logic in what you say. Still, as much as I do agree with what you say, the fall of the Nexus is unavoidable, though probably not likely anytime soon. Nothing, sadly, lasts forever. I will take your words into consideration and only direct the nice folks here. Consider me the shepherd of the Lost, directing the innocent to a place they can live in peace with lots of sex :P . Also I think I know who you are talking about, *Cough* Sparkily Ass Vampire Dante. *Cough* ((Oh yeah, I went there.))

gregathit

gregathit

Duck and Cover

• Moderators
  • 17,964 posts
Lovers will grow but as the admin and moderators are fair and even handed (not to mention MATURE) then I don't see what difference size makes. Sure there may be a few more a-holes that turn up and dump on stuff, but that is as unavoidable as spam bots. Both will get the rep and/or bans they deserve and life will go on.

This site is fairly specialized so I don't see why it needs or would even want to fill the role of the nexus. There is plenty of room for both for the reasons already mentioned. If the admin and mods on that site were even one hundredth as mature as our GREAT Lovers Lab ones the nexus would still be a fine place. :)

Ryanhabs

Ryanhabs

Seijuro Hiko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts
I try to look the other way or "turn the other cheek" so to speak when I see a mostly new member that posts here with a "nexus-like" comment as really, they are too new to THIS community to see how we all interact so its kind of like my grace period for them as I figure they are used to places like nexus and all the crap that comes with them. I honestly see most settle down and adapt the style we are more accustomed to here (dare I say, laid back). The ones that persist normally are singled out quickly by the moderator team or the admin pretty quickly.

I'm glad to see this great community growing and like Greg said, there will always be bad apples that make their way here and refuse to drop the nexus type attitude but they won't last long here so its not even something to bat your eyelashes at.

(Donkey)

(Donkey)
  • Guests
with a larer audience means we get a bigger hit on spammer placing there adds in threads too now it seems.

(GingerTom)

(GingerTom)
  • Guests
@Ryanhabs

laid back

That's terrible--just terrible.

polluxval

polluxval

Supreme Commander General Grumpy Cat and also Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,166 posts
hey Ashal u should ask for SSN numberS and photocopies of the users ids when register like the korean/chinese sites.........

JUST KIDDING!! :P

The Mad God

The Mad God

Lord of the Never-There

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts
If you guys didn't see, we've hit 30,000 members!

nonusnomeni

nonusnomeni

omnipresent authority figure

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,872 posts
in 4 hours 250 new members?!?

is it that good or bed news?

quantity vs quality?

or just invasion of preadolescence similar to nexus...

Mailamea

Mailamea

Kind Hearted :3

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts
Seems that LL is getting widely popular.

The Mad God

The Mad God

Lord of the Never-There

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts

Yup. I just hope that it isn't being populated by underaged horny teens or nexus spies :D

nonusnomeni

nonusnomeni

omnipresent authority figure

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,872 posts

Yup. I just hope that it isn't being populated by underaged horny teens or nexus spies :D

it was happen i am underage horny teen who work for nexus as a spy

The Mad God

The Mad God

Lord of the Never-There

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts

it was happen i am underage horny teen who work for nexus as a spy

Wait, is this... a confession?!?!

OMG BRACE URSELVS DA BAHNHAMMA IZ EENBOWND!!!!

prideslayer

prideslayer

Mega Poster

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,986 posts
We have decided a marketing and PR blitz is in order.

The Mad God

The Mad God

Lord of the Never-There

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts
Tactical ban is inbound!!!

itt1968

itt1968

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts
Just wanted to say that even thoe I'm pretty new here, IMHO, I think you people are the greatest on the web! with modders and people of this quality how can you not get bigger and better? Thanks to all of you who have made this site special....particularly the modders, I mean damn just look what cherry has done with her instruction post... how many modders in a community have you seen take the time to do all that? and for Oblivion, every one was more than helpful and still are. just saying thanx for having me and keep up the awesome fn job.

sbseed

sbseed

my 2 cents...

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts
i suppose in some respect i should be gratefull to being instabanned from the nexus because i was able to find this place...

hail the pervs, or something like that anyways.
:D

Tossie

Tossie

Tank Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

[Dark Templars are]Damn good assassins.

Protoss Rule of Thumb: When in doubt, make Dark Templars.

The Mad God

The Mad God

Lord of the Never-There

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts
50,000? That's crazy! For better or for worse (hopefully better), loverslab is growing exponentially.